PDA

View Full Version : AC3, Will PC Version look better than Console?

Jk_Caron
10-29-2012, 12:43 AM
I think I know the answer already, but should I wait and get the game for PC instead of Console? My computer is pretty strong, so I'm confident I'll be able to play on Max. But will there be a noticeable difference (better hopefully) between the two? I've seen people play Skyrim on consoles, and I pity those people >.> So if AC3 will run stronger on PC, I'd prefer to wait. Any one know?

sil3nt3zio
10-29-2012, 02:07 AM
but will it be well optimized, assassins creed revelations had major FPS issues running on some high end PC

Glitch1283
10-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Never had any issues with Revelations on my high end PC.

1980*1200, 2x MSAA, everything maxed and it ran as smooth as silk.
i7 940 @ 2.93 GHz, 12 GB DDR3 RAM, 2x 1 TB HDD and a MSI Twin Frozr II GTX580 1.5 GB

Back on topic though: it should look a great deal better. I have all AC games on consoles aswell as the PC versions on Steam and all of them looked a lot better on PC.

Slightly better draw distance, sharper textures on characters and the environment and better shadows, the ones on consoles always were pretty ugly...

Mr_Shade
10-29-2012, 03:33 PM
with DX11 support - and higher resolution textures - it should do ;)

GuZZ33
10-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Future Soldier on the xbox360 looked just as good as the pc version, in fact i think in some scenes the 360 version looked better than pc. It's difficult to say until you actually get to see for yourself.

Free_Hidings
10-30-2012, 03:51 AM
We will find out tomorrow!

Oh...

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/276612_144275582335965_566020711_n.jpg

Just playin, I have no doubt the PC version will be far better graphically and performance wise than all the consoles. It always is. I seriously wish I had a high end PC so I could max AC3, but my cruddy laptop can't even handle AC1 on minimum graphics lol. I imagine the wait will be worth it.

MaceMagoo
10-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Of course it will!!! Every game looks better on PC than console, goes without saying.

And I have never had a problem with optimisation with any AC game and all have been played on max settings.

raptor41tr
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM
It will have a better quality, but I don't think this waiting worths it.

Beylous
10-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Paper and crayon drawings look better than console graphics, so I would imagine this will look pretty darned good on PC.

Nimras186
10-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Of course it will!!! Every game looks better on PC than console, goes without saying.

And I have never had a problem with optimisation with any AC game and all have been played on max settings.

Actually not true if its a port the graphic is never better it might look so but its not if you put the game up on a TV you would see it is not so. But if the game where not a PORT but build for the PC you would be right.

Future Soldier on the xbox360 looked just as good as the pc version, in fact i think in some scenes the 360 version looked better than pc. It's difficult to say until you actually get to see for yourself.

Actually its not difficult any game ported will be no better than the console its ported from in reality its not possible.

Yes even if it use DX 11. But a game build for PC and Console sepretly which some companiese do the PC version will always be better in all areas.

I think I know the answer already, but should I wait and get the game for PC instead of Console? My computer is pretty strong, so I'm confident I'll be able to play on Max. But will there be a noticeable difference (better hopefully) between the two? I've seen people play Skyrim on consoles, and I pity those people >.> So if AC3 will run stronger on PC, I'd prefer to wait. Any one know?

Well there should be a difference due to how PC's work but if its a port in reality its not but due to PC systems it will look like it.

MaceMagoo
10-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Actually not true if its a port the graphic is never better it might look so but its not if you put the game up on a TV you would see it is not so. But if the game where not a PORT but build for the PC you would be right.

Hang on a minute, you said "it might look so but its not". So graphics will look better but they won't be better? So, tell me how that works?..... And that was rhetorical.

Port or not, PC always looks better....

Nimras186
10-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Hang on a minute, you said "it might look so but its not". So graphics will look better but they won't be better? So, tell me how that works?..... And that was rhetorical.

Port or not, PC always looks better....

Because you want to persieve it as such thats what i meant.

Because PC is far better will many percieve a port as better.

What you don't get a port in 99% of the case comes with the build in limitation of the Console hardware performance meaning even tho a PC can do better will it not due to the fact the game limitation are what they are.

I still don't get how people can play a game with 5 MS or even 2 MS Flat Screen Monitors I can see the ripples when it can't response fast enough due to the responsetime is so slow. Both in Moviese and games.

As well as i wonder how people can have a game on max and find it looking awesome when its clear its not on max and you can see all the flawes it wouldn't have on max, but its on max for their PC.

The fact is a ported game graphical can not look better on PC than the console it is ported from unless they 100% redo the engine and graphic on the game for the PC and then we back at then they might as well have build it for PC in the first place from scratch instead of porting it.

True you might as many others PC always look better because thats what you wan't it to do.

Blow the game up via Console on your Monitor or the game on your TV from the PC and you will see thats not the case if its a port.

Where take a game build for PC and Console sepretly and not ported and blow the console version up on your Monitor or the PC up on the TV and you will see here a clear difference.

But that do not mean i don't envy you or anyone else who sees it and can see it like that, i envy my friends who don't get annoyed when a ribble due to response time to slow appear or that a color that should be DARK is not due to most Monitors are not able to do so. I envy it because I wished i could to instead lol.

diwas13
10-31-2012, 09:17 PM

Actually its not difficult any game ported will be no better than the console its ported from in reality its not possible.

Yes even if it use DX 11. But a game build for PC and Console sepretly which some companiese do the PC version will always be better in all areas.

Well there should be a difference due to how PC's work but if its a port in reality its not but due to PC systems it will look like it.

Dude please shut up. Videogames will ALWAYS look better on PC's, simply because we can run it at higher resolutions, 1920x1080, 2560x1600, 5760x1600 not to mention the higher resolution textures while the game is native 720p on consoles. Do you even own a PC?

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Many people use 'Port' as a negative.

Some 'ports' are VERY well done and tbh almost ALL games are 'Ported' from one system to another... from Xbox to PS3 - xbox to PC etc etc

If the PC version is handled with care - they turn out a lot better than people expect - they are adding in DX11 support and a host of other features - which should be announced soon.;)

Higher resolution textures - better shadows - better models etc can make a 'port' look amazing ;)

Bucur92
10-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Many people use 'Port' as a negative.

Some 'ports' are VERY well done and tbh almost ALL games are 'Ported' from one system to another... from Xbox to PS3 - xbox to PC etc etc

If the PC version is handled with care - they turn out a lot better than people expect - they are adding in DX11 support and a host of other features - which should be announced soon.;)

Higher resolution textures - better shadows - better models etc can make a 'port' look amazing ;)

I agree with Mr_Shade lets wait to see how it turns out and then judge on that.I dont like the delay but if they truly use this time to make it better then im fine with it.

Bucur92
10-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Mr_Shade do you know when the official System requirements will be released?
Just to see if i got what it takes to run this beauty:D
I have a AMD 5770 so i need to know if that ok the rest of my pc is 4 GB ram and quad core cpu.

Mr_Shade
10-31-2012, 11:08 PM
I have a AMD 5770 so i need to know if that ok the rest of my pc is 4 GB ram and quad core cpu.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/715952-Assassin-s-Creed-3-PC-System-Requirements

been there for about a month - that is all the info we currently have - any changes to them will be updated soon - however that shold be a good guide.

Bucur92
10-31-2012, 11:11 PM
OK thanks.

soccer06
11-01-2012, 05:40 AM
The graphics better be superior if we have to wait 3 extra weeks.

Beylous
11-02-2012, 04:56 AM
Porting's okay, as long as there's some effort put into making it feel at least a little different (i.e. get rid of the friggen controller prompts if there's no controller present).

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 05:43 AM

I have exactly the same specs! ACR ran like a charm, here's hoping ACIII does so too.

Pragzor
11-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Good anti-aliasing is enough to make this game look better.