PDA

View Full Version : Post Credits... (to the people who played while online) [SPOILERS]

shiroshibal
10-28-2012, 11:40 PM
First of all: Spoilers to anyone who hasn't played the Post Credits "missions"..

I'll try to keep calm about my feelings towards the ending and all that, but what disturbs me the most as of now, is how I can't seem to access the full SP content, due to not playing the game with an online account? Obviously I'm talking about the "pivots" and "animus synching map" that seem to be some kind of puzzles (which I loved in AC2 and ACB) and now I simply can't access it and I don't know if I really wanna go for another run at the game just for those pivots at the very end.

Short version: If anyone played through the game post-credits with an online account, can he/she please tell me what the pivot locations and animus synching maps are about?

Thanks

Double O Snap
10-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Every pivot you find unlocks a animus hack or better known as a game cheat. When you activate one your progress is not saved until deactivated. I have yet to find them all but I'm hoping there is more to this after the last one. Because the ending was just done wrong imo, but sets up some amazing ideas as well as some very predictable ones.

Patitoloco
10-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I already thought about the pivots being cheats, but how can you find them? I can't figure how the new map works, or, if I'm using it right, how to find the pivots. Help, please xD

shiroshibal
10-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Hmm ok, well thanks for claryfying that for me.. Still, why does this have to be a feature for which you have to be connected online? Does it affect multiplayer somehow or why is exactly this the only thing in the SP game where you have to be online? In some way it sounds extremely ridiculous to me that a feature such as cheats need to be downloaded first,,?

Double O Snap
10-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Hmm ok, well thanks for claryfying that for me.. Still, why does this have to be a feature for which you have to be connected online? Does it affect multiplayer somehow or why is exactly this the only thing in the SP game where you have to be online? In some way it sounds extremely ridiculous to me that a feature such as cheats need to be downloaded first,,?

You got me man, it doesn't make sense. All they are so far are cheats (no mp related anything) I have found 4 so far.

To Patitoloco you have to pickup a pivot, move to a location place it on Connor. rinse i and repeat with different pivots. It basically helps you find the pivots that get scanned automatically. Funny thing is you can just find them I have by accident with no pivots placed.

Patitoloco
10-30-2012, 05:48 PM
You got me man, it doesn't make sense. All they are so far are cheats (no mp related anything) I have found 4 so far. To Patitoloco you have to pickup a pivot, move to a location place it on Connor. rinse i and repeat with different pivots. It basically helps you find the pivots that get scanned automatically. Funny thing is you can just find them I have by accident with no pivots placed.Yeah, ok, but how does the map works? Let's say I place three pivots, which makes a green area appear in the map, but nothing else. Does it means that I'm placing the pivots wrong? Should I search the new pivot all along the green area, or should the pivot be marked on my map?

Nightmare8767
10-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I' also awaiting some clarification here -- I used a Pivot before, went and ran a little, found another one, however, I didn't collect it or anything...

Buhba rice
11-02-2012, 12:23 AM
I had just figured out how the pivots worked and was narrowing down my search radius, when I tried to move another point and was prompted with
" The Ubisoft server is not available at this time. Please try again later."
I keep trying to connect and and I just keep getting the same message:mad. Are the servers really down just a couple days after AC 3 release?My main frustration is that this is something in the singleplayer and it's strange that you would even need to connect for it.....