PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers leading to disappointments!!!

AssassinVenice
10-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey there Forum Members.

I've tried to keep myself away from ANY spoilers but TODAY I read about some players being "disappointed" by some of the games' elements: e.g. ending.
I haven't seen anything that would spoil my play through of AC3, but I want to encourage you to DO NOT WATCH ANY SPOILERS!

They will make you feel disappointed because you haven't been through most of the game and that "portion" of the game you just spoiled for yourself will look like the whole idea bases around that. It leads to MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENTS.

PLEASE, KEEP AWAY FROM THE SPOILERS! ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT! SKIP SCHOOL IF YOU HAVE TO BUT DO NOT SPOIL THE GAME FOR YOURSELVES.

Thank you.:D

jantherocker
10-28-2012, 06:13 PM
exactly what i am going to do now..

the discussion about the maybe "dissapointing" ending has started...

and most of us still wait for the game to release...

i am going completly dark now till i played through it and have my own opinion..

see you then.. :D

an-assassin
10-28-2012, 07:00 PM
people are saying all kinds of stupid things on youtube right now. Then a person says: "you stupid idiot", they get top comment, and thus the spoiler becomes a top comment. Happened to me twice. I quess I never learn.

UrDeviant1
10-28-2012, 07:06 PM
people are saying all kinds of stupid things on youtube right now. Then a person says: "you stupid idiot", they get top comment, and thus the spoiler becomes a top comment. Happened to me twice. I quess I never learn.

Yes, It's also a good Idea not to go giving out spoilers yourself, accident or not.

SevereAtrophy
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I've found what works well for me is not going on youtube at all, and on here vetting titles of threads that I think may lead to spoilers and not enter them.

UrDeviant1
10-28-2012, 07:12 PM
I've found what works well for me is not going on youtube at all, and on here vetting titles of threads that I think may lead to spoilers and not enter them.

I found the 'titles' don't really mean anything. Today I got a major spoiler from the "official going dark thread".

SevereAtrophy
10-28-2012, 07:21 PM
I found the 'titles' don't really mean anything. Today I got a major spoiler from the "official going dark thread".

I know what you mean, I saw it too.

an-assassin
10-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Major spoiler. Seriusly. You dont even know what I meant. Its not like I said "DESMOND DIES LULS" (to clarify, I havent played the game, and that was something random from my head). You have no idey, what I meant, and I didnt tell you ANYTHING which would make you know more about the story.

an-assassin
10-28-2012, 07:42 PM
I think you draw conclusions too quick, I could have meant, that the character didnt even appear in the game at all (something I doesnt deny nor acknowledge), and I would still have used the same sentence. Trust me. You cant draw ANY conclusions from my sentence. Not to mention, that it was some random youtuber who told me anyway.

Commissar38
10-28-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm not worried about people's opinions on the ending. A lot of people hated the Mass Effect 3 ending too but it wasn't that bad (After they did that Extended Cut version I mean)

I've already spoiled myself with the walkthroughs and I'm already kinda wishing I hadn't.

Free_Hidings
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm doing well with avoiding spoilers, but I think I will just stick to the multiplayer forums from now on untill I have finished the game myself. Not going to leave anything to chance. It only takes one *** hole to spoil everything.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm doing well with avoiding spoilers, but I think I will just stick to the multiplayer forums from now on untill I have finished the game myself. Not going to leave anything to chance. It only takes one *** hole to spoil everything.
Yes, only one

InfectedNation
10-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Well I got so miserable about loads of people already having the game that I ended up watching part of the ending and well... I'm not gonna say how I feel.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 09:27 PM
God that must suck, i'm lucky I only know parts of sequence 6 because of the demo.

UrDeviant1
10-28-2012, 09:32 PM
People keep saying the ending sucks. It can't really be that bad, can It?!

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 09:33 PM
There trolls there gotta be

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Be careful not to drop any spoilers in this thread otherwise it will have to be moved.

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 09:54 PM

No, it isn't. It's decent. Ubi intended to do what they said and they did it. The people who got the game early rushed through it just to get the ending, modded the game and cut parts of the playthrough. And there are also epilogue missions, revealing something about the new game that is to come. AC3 is a new start for the series, it's obvious Ubi focused more on Connor than Desmond, because he'll no doubt have more than one game. AC3 breaks the last link to previous games and starts anew. Believe me, Connor's story will overshadow your disappointment for the ending.
Also, the game has probably the best vilian ever made in games, and after I finished the game, he is my second fav after Connor. :D
Hope I raised some positivity here.
P.S. Graphics are Wowza! :D

UrDeviant1
10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
No, it isn't. It's decent. Ubi intended to do what they said and they did it. The people who got the game early rushed through it just to get the ending, modded the game and cut parts of the playthrough. And there are also epilogue missions, revealing something about the new game that is to come. AC3 is a new start for the series, it's obvious Ubi focused more on Connor than Desmond, because he'll no doubt have more than one game. AC3 breaks the last link to previous games and starts anew. Believe me, Connor's story will overshadow your disappointment for the ending.
Also, the game has probably the best vilian ever made in games, and after I finished the game, he is my second fav after Connor. :D

Thanks man, I'm really excited. These next 2 days at work are gonna be a killer.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
**** you, you have now made want to play the game even more

InfectedNation
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM
From what I saw, It didn't suck... I just don't feel that it fits.

But yes Connors story looks fantastic, and I'll be back to give some informed judgement next week, I'm sure I'll love the game regardless of the ending being good or bad :)

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Glad I helped.
The modern day ending, it's not the best, but it's definetly not cliche.
The past story is not a let down. It has more emotion and depth than AC2.
Also, all that stuff Ubi said about Connor being more real, with more depth...they didn't lie, I assure you. :3
On the contrary, all the characters in the story have depth, you start to love them the moment you meet them. Like Yusuf from ACR for example.
There's so much blood in the game, like a ton! It's a much darker story than previous games and heavy to the heart for some people who have faced similar tragedies like Connor.
What's sad, many characters die in the game. :(
My advice, don't let some people's opinions on the game's ending discourage you from buying it. Those are no lifers, nitpicking at everything in the game, and when someone asks them about the epilogue missions, they don't say anything. Ha! Not only they suck at gameplay, but suck at understanding the story as well. :P

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Glad I helped.
Also, all that stuff Ubi said about Connor being more real, with more depth...they didn't lie, I assure you. :3
On the contrary, all the characters in the story have depth, you start to love them the moment you meet them. Like Yusuf from ACR for example.
There's so much blood in the game, like a ton! It's a much darker story than previous games and heavy to the heart for some people who have faced similar tragedies like Connor.
My advice, don't let some people's opinions on the game's ending discourage you from buying it. Those are no lifers, nitpicking at everything in the game, and when someone asks them about the epilogue missions, they don't say anything. Ha! Not only they suck at gameplay, but suck at understanding the story as well. :P
of course they don't understand the story, there trolls

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Awesome thread is awesome! :)

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Awesome thread is awesome! :)
?

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Glad I helped.

What is there to say about the epilogue "missions"? You can get them done with in 5-10 minutes.

The reason I am probably so disappointed is because I set the standard very very high, I believed in Ubisoft and in my opinion they delivered a very buggy game with an average story, crap ending and basically removed everything that was good about the series. I wasn't looking for a cliche ending where Desmond saves the world and everyone lives happily every after, but to me the ending made me feel like I'd wasted probably months of my time playing the Assassins Creed games, I felt cheated.

People moaned about the ending of Revelations (I gave it criticism myself), but if Ubisoft had matched even the awesomeness of that ending I'd have been happy.

That is my honest view of this game, a fair review from what I've experienced instead of just saying it was ****.

of course they don't understand the story, there trolls

Have you played it yet?

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 10:34 PM
What is there to say about the epilogue "missions"? You can get them done with in 5-10 minutes.

The reason I am probably so disappointed is because I set the standard very very high, I believed in Ubisoft and in my opinion they delivered a very buggy game with an average story, crap ending and basically removed everything that was good about the series. I wasn't looking for a cliche ending where Desmond saves the world and everyone lives happily every after, but to me the ending made me feel like I'd wasted probably months of my time playing the Assassins Creed games, I felt cheated.

People moaned about the ending of Revelations (I gave it criticism myself), but if Ubisoft had matched even the awesomeness of that ending I'd have been happy.
That is my honest view of this game, a fair review from what I've experienced instead of just saying it was ****.

Have you played it yet?
ummm, did you just give a spoiler

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM

The reason I am probably so disappointed is because I set the standard very very high, I believed in Ubisoft and in my opinion they delivered a very buggy game with an average story, crap ending and basically removed everything that was good about the series.

Which story are you talking about?
If you mean about Connor's, nothing of his story screams 'average'
If Connor's story is average, then what of Ezio or Altairs? :P
And about the game being buggy, don't tell me you didn't expect bugs to be in such a big game?

Edit: Also, I think you over-exaggerated a little about AC3's ending, Corey and Alex both said people shouldn't expect something epic.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM
And about the game being buggy, don't tell me you didn't expect bugs to be in such a big game?
and its before the day one patch

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM
“You don’t have a responsibility to deliver what people want all the time.” Hutchinson said of the Assassin’s Creed 3 ending, “If you can give a true ending, and a consistent ending that doesn’t diverge from the rest of the game, then you just need to do your best.”
Hutchinson continued, “There is some nervousness about the ending in context, but the beauty for us is that Connor has a story with a beginning, middle and an end. That helps us out.”

thejoshknight
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM

The day one patch has already been released.

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 10:42 PM

With the patch...

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 10:43 PM

Edit: Also, I think you over-exaggerated a little about AC3's ending, Corey and Alex both said people shouldn't expect something epic.

Then that is shoddy writing, everyone wants something amazing at the end of a trilogy.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 10:44 PM
It has???

AnthonyA85
10-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Well, I DON'T know how the story ends, and I have NO intention of finding out UNTIL i actually reach it.

I've already lost my battle with my inner fortitude and watched the first two sequences, and I have now decided not to watch any more (though we'll see how long that holds out when Toby and Leitakashi start uploading their playthroughs), BUT, i plan to do my own playthrough of the game (starting December 25 or 26th, as soon as i get the hand of Sony Movie Studio), and i'll be posting a warning when i do the first vid, anyone spoils the game's ending for me, gets their asses blocked.

I'm just glad that the ending is apparently not as bad as ME3's was, I never played the game, but I've heard the horror stories.

EDIT -

Wait, the patch is out already?

ACfan443
10-28-2012, 10:53 PM
“You don’t have a responsibility to deliver what people want all the time.” Hutchinson said of the Assassin’s Creed 3 ending, “If you can give a true ending, and a consistent ending that doesn’t diverge from the rest of the game, then you just need to do your best.”
Hutchinson continued, “There is some nervousness about the ending in context, but the beauty for us is that Connor has a story with a beginning, middle and an end. That helps us out.”

When I read this article, there were subtle alarm bells going off that the ending will be bad. The way Hutchinson says "you don't have a responsibility..." "There's some nervousness about the ending..." "The beauty for us is that Connor has a story..." Basically shows that they knew it was going to be a terrible ending and that they're justifying it by saying 'oh well, the ending is s***, but hey! Connor's there to make it alright, let us carry on milking our cash cow'

MT4K
10-28-2012, 11:18 PM
I'll just remind you all to be very careful about dropping spoilers as was pointed out earlier. Hinting to. or even describing events of the story can be considered a spoiler and people will be warned for doing so and may get the thread itself moved.

AssassinVenice
10-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I'll just remind you all to be very careful about dropping spoilers as was pointed out earlier. Hinting to. or even describing events of the story can be considered a spoiler and people will be warned for doing so and may get the thread itself moved.
Thank you MT4K for reminding these fine people to keep their keyboard and fingers, away from certain thoughts, flowing in their minds.

Again, NO SPOILERS!!!

egriffin09
10-29-2012, 01:16 AM
I know what people mean with the spoilers. I was watching the AC3 frontier demo from E3 today. Scrolled down to the comments like third comment and read a possible spoiler about the ending (I raged a little). But then I thought to myself: This person created a youtube account today (Oct 28th) and posted the same possible spoiler comment about the ending on the major AC 3 vids on youtube (E3 trailer and E3 demo vid and two other AC3 trailer vids). But I honestly think he's trolling to get people upset. For the simple fact that this person created a youtube account to post that one comment alone suggest that he is a troll and has no life. Plus another people replied to his comment and it read something completely different happening in the story from what the troll posted. So I don't know which comment to believe. I will play the game and see for myself. But I learned that the best thing to do is to stay off forums (because some people break the spoiler rules purposely) and do read comments on youtube vids of the game.

Commissar38
10-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Well, I DON'T know how the story ends, and I have NO intention of finding out UNTIL i actually reach it.

I've already lost my battle with my inner fortitude and watched the first two sequences, and I have now decided not to watch any more (though we'll see how long that holds out when Toby and Leitakashi start uploading their playthroughs), BUT, i plan to do my own playthrough of the game (starting December 25 or 26th, as soon as i get the hand of Sony Movie Studio), and i'll be posting a warning when i do the first vid, anyone spoils the game's ending for me, gets their asses blocked.

I'm just glad that the ending is apparently not as bad as ME3's was, I never played the game, but I've heard the horror stories.

EDIT -

Wait, the patch is out already?

As to ME3: People made the ending out to be worse than it was; yeah there were some big plot holes, a bunch of randomly unresolved storylines, and quite a few WTF moments but once they did the Extended Cut it was much better.

I know, I watched the first two sequences as well and once you see it you pretty much immediately regret having it watched it.

johnnyhayek
10-29-2012, 01:50 AM
As to ME3: People made the ending out to be worse than it was; yeah there were some big plot holes, a bunch of randomly unresolved storylines, and quite a few WTF moments but once they did the Extended Cut it was much better.

I know, I watched the first two sequences as well and once you see it you pretty much immediately regret having it watched it.

I never got why people were disappointed with ME3's ending. Maybe it was because the 1st time I played it, I had already downloaded the Extended Cut. But anyways, that ending was very good and that last discussion before the final choices was very amazing in my opinion.

I also watched the 1st sequence and part of the 2nd. They were so unexpected. I wish I hadn't watched them.

Eurostar7
10-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Most of you will crap bricks when you see the ending of AC3.

What a shame. You would think they would respect Desmond's character after all these years, since they said AC3 will wrap up Desmond's story but.........Wow, i cant believe it. I wont say any more, release date is 2 days away and i wish i just rented this game. I'll love playing this game, its impressive but the ending was a disgrace to the AC series. I hope Ubisoft redeems themselves with DLC.

scooper121s
10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Most of you will crap bricks when you see the ending of AC3.

What a shame. You would think they would respect Desmond's character after all these years, since they said AC3 will wrap up Desmond's story but.........Wow, i cant believe it. I wont say any more, release date is 2 days away and i wish i just rented this game. I'll love playing this game, its impressive but the ending was a disgrace to the AC series. I hope Ubisoft redeems themselves with DLC.
Do you have proof you own the game, if not I won't belive you, nuff said.

Black_Widow9
10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm sorry guys but this Topic is too close to asking for Spoilers. I know that is the opposite of the Topic's idea but I really don't want it to get ruined for you.