PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Ending [No Spoilers]

Jl1223
10-28-2012, 03:55 PM
So I saw the AC3 ending.

I can give you a link if you want.

But let me just say that I saw the ending.

And I am sad.

I am disappoint. Very.

:'(

They create a perfect buildup (Yes I saw the entire game) for the ending of Desmond's part of the story. It's very much like you on the day you get your xbox after over a year of waiting, and it's great, it's perfect, you'll finally get to play with your friends, play great games you saw but can only taste at those stalls that for some reason have that game on as a demo.

And then, on day 1, your Xbox has problems. The disappointment that comes......

AC3 is like that.

This might just be my own opinion, but it is shared with just about everyone else I know who saw the ending.

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 03:59 PM
There's a thread about this already. I agree, the franchise is ruined. No substance whatsoever.

Personally I was excited all year for this game, I have now cancelled my pre-order because I literally don't want to play through that drivel only to watch that appalling ending.

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Did any of you play the game after the credits? The epilogue? The story still isn't finished when the credits start rolling.

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 04:03 PM
The epilogue is about 5 minutes more gameplay.

dewgel
10-28-2012, 04:04 PM
There's a thread about this already. I agree, the franchise is ruined. No substance whatsoever.

Personally I was excited all year for this game, I have now cancelled my pre-order because I literally don't want to play through that drivel only to watch that appalling ending.

Really? You're sad mate. I don't care what anyone says, you're an absolute nob. You're cancelling your preorder because you don't want to play what is a good story just to see a bad ending?

May I just say that Corey May has stated ALL ALONG, that there is no epic ending. He said don't expect any "wtf" moments or anything, they're finishing the stories.

The game looks amazing, I've only seen the first couple of sequences, but it's very well written and very well played out. Remember, the YouTube playthroughs are plowing through the main story, not the side quests or exploring the worlds.

SevereAtrophy
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
If you are going to talk about the game, please take it to the specific area for spoilers. Some of us don't want to stumble on anything, even little hints about what is in the game. Thank you.

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Really? You're sad mate. I don't care what anyone says, you're an absolute nob. You're cancelling your preorder because you don't want to play what is a good story just to see a bad ending?

May I just say that Corey May has stated ALL ALONG, that there is no epic ending. He said don't expect any "wtf" moments or anything, they're finishing the stories.

The game looks amazing, I've only seen the first couple of sequences, but it's very well written and very well played out. Remember, the YouTube playthroughs are plowing through the main story, not the side quests or exploring the worlds.
Explain why I'm sad, I don't want to spend my money on that piece of **** and support Ubisoft anymore, end of. It isn't a good story by the way either.

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 04:06 PM
The epilogue is about 5 minutes more gameplay.

Have you played them?

Jl1223
10-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, the game's sequences and the desmond stuff in-between is great, building up for the climax.

The climax just lets us down. I'll still be buying it, but I will personally be just waiting for AC4/Sequel. I want to know more.

NAO!

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be another sequel with the same ancestor next year, with someone new reliving him! :3
There must be, Ubi leaves an open ending for a whole new story. Plus, the epilogue missions hinted at that.

Jl1223
10-28-2012, 04:22 PM
First of all, 'someone new' sounds silly.

Think of Shaun, Rebecca, Desmond's dad, even Lucy. Is Ubi just gonna discard them?
And then, the cliffhanger of the world. How on earth was it saved?

And a new person reliving him? How exactly? And why?

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
If we play as Desmonds dad we can play as Connor. They specifically mention he's from his dads side.

UrDeviant1
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
FOR ****S SAKE. Move this thread.

ACfan443
10-28-2012, 04:27 PM

I agree that cancelling the pre order is a bit extreme, but what he said about the franchise is absolutely true. They constantly promised the hardcore fans a "payoff" - from the looks of things, there doesn't seem to be a payoff. Still, I'm looking forward to Connor's story, but my hype for Desmond has completely dried out.

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 04:27 PM
@Jl1223
I'm not saying they should ditch the modern day characters. I highly doubt after the epilogue they'll ditch Connor as well. But it will be good to introduce someone new in the present day, no?

eagleforlife1
10-28-2012, 04:28 PM
FOR ****S SAKE. Move this thread.

Prescisely. It clearly says in the title [no spoilers]. Why can people not understand what that means?

SevereAtrophy
10-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I beg you please read this: http://forums.ubi.com/announcement.php?f=201

Layytez
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
I saw the ending. Very disappointed and I still have questions since AC2 that were not answered.

AssassinVenice
10-28-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't care about the ending TBH! I was already disappointed with every single AC games' ending so I'm OK with that.
I'm gonna have some Connor hunting & *** kicking to do this Tuesday so please people STFU!

MT4K
10-28-2012, 06:15 PM
If you wish to discuss the ending do it in the hints and tips section. Besides. there's already a thread for the ending discussion over there.