PDA

View Full Version : Free Roam after game [Spoilers]

WilderaWild
10-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Can you free roam after you beat the game? on a ship? Just answer Yes or No. No spoilers.

InfectedNation
10-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Apparently Naval free roam is not in the game. But there are plenty of naval side quests to do either during or after the story.

But I haven't played the game yet so I'm not the most reliable source

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Someone said after you beat the game you have to walk around with a stupid looking mohawk. Could someone confirm or deny this.

lonewarrior30
10-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Someone said after you beat the game you have to walk around with a stupid looking mohawk. Could someone confirm or deny this.

it is true.And yes you can free roam

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Are we forced to use it? Or can we change it back to the original hair style? And it wouldn't really matter outside the homestead anyway, would it?

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 02:58 PM

ugh that sucks. Why would I want to have that mohawk. His original hair cut is fine.

eagleforlife1
10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
ugh that sucks. Why would I want to have that mohawk. His original hair cut is fine.

Am I being whooshed? It makes more sense for him to have a mohawk as he is a member of the mohawk tribe.

Lights Out Asia
10-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Mohawk's are badass (for game characters lol), I can't want to see what it'll look like! Plus, I'd imagine he'll have his hood on still at the end of the game, no?

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Am I being whooshed? It makes more sense for him to have a mohawk as he is a member of the mohawk tribe.
You shouldn't be forced to use something that 99% of people will absolutely hate anyway. I'm guessing you can switch hairstyles after the game at will, so you can probably go back to the normal one.

lonewarrior30
10-28-2012, 03:13 PM
sorry guys I cant tell you because then It would be considered as a spoiler

InfectedNation
10-28-2012, 03:31 PM
sorry guys I cant tell you because then It would be considered as a spoiler

can you just tell us if there's a way of switching it back?

GunnarGunderson
10-28-2012, 03:48 PM

only a few posts in and we've already got spoilers

tjbyrum1
10-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Yes

Jl1223
10-28-2012, 03:58 PM
yes but its kinda illogical in terms of canon.

spoilers? No. But I can tell you its similar to free roam after Brotherhood.

lonewarrior30
10-28-2012, 04:15 PM
can you just tell us if there's a way of switching it back?

nope its permanent

swiftkinfe
10-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Well since I liked the Brotherhood outfit seems I will have to ditch Connor for Ezio if I'm forced with the hairstyle.

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 04:30 PM
You don't like Connor because of his hairstyle? He is a mohawk, it's kinda obvious he'd go for that hairstyle. And it does add to his character.

Toa TAK
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
You don't like Connor because of his hairstyle? He is a mohawk, it's kinda obvious he'd go for that hairstyle. And it does add to his character.

Plus, Mohawks are awesome.

Anywho, my main question is this: If I beat the game going only through the main story, will I be able to go back and play through ALL the side missions after I beat the game?

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Why does everyone keep forgetting he is not 100% Mohawk. He is just as much British as he is Mohawk. Yea he was raised up with the Mohawk tribe but that doesn't make him less British.

projectpat06
10-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Mohawks are awesome but for me that was kind of a big spoiler. Didn't want to know that. I did however used to wonder if they would eventually give connor a mohawk. When I first saw his hair, all I could think of was Jake Sully from Avatar. And of course he gets a bad a** mohawk before the end of the movie.

http://toddyenglish.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/navi-avatar-jake-sully1.jpg
http://data.whicdn.com/images/5344776/587px-Jake_Sully_18_HD_thumb.png

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 04:46 PM
This sucks. I hope we can change it somehow. So, what, he walks around with his hood off? I don't want the mohawk D: What happened to freedom?! Did you try going to the tailor to change it, or somewhere in the pause menu perhaps?

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 04:51 PM
So I guess we will have to use a skin to get rid of the Mohawk. I'm sorry but there is nothing cool about a mohawk imo.

Layytez
10-28-2012, 04:52 PM
I could deal with the haircut and face paint but not AFTER ive finished the game. C'mon ubi.

projectpat06
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
This sucks. I hope we can change it somehow. So, what, he walks around with his hood off? I don't want the mohawk D: What happened to freedom?! Did you try going to the tailor to change it, or somewhere in the pause menu perhaps?

Tons of people complained about the same thing when Ezio grew his drunken pedophile beard in AC2 and we couldn't even go back to previous memories to get rid of it. There were some people who liked, but most didn't. A bearded Assassin just looked weird with the assassin cloak, but after ACB, everyone was used to it and most now people prefer and know ezio from his bearded 40's

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I remember Ubisoft saying that after you finish the game and the epilougue missions, you choose which sequence to start off at in order to determine the weather. Correct me if this is not the case, since I do not have the game yet...
That in theory would make Connor appear as he did in the sequence you select, so if you select sequence 6, he'll look like normal Connor.

rileypoole1234
10-28-2012, 04:54 PM
I remember Ubisoft saying that after you finish the game and the epilougue missions, you choose which sequence to start off at in order to determine the weather. Correct me if this is not the case, since I do not have the game yet...

I thought they said we could choose the season when we go into free roam after the game ends.

JCearlyyears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0S3mTdb9Ups
I really hate the idea of a forced mohawk. Optional? Yes, I would use it occasionally, but forced? Ezio skin, we gon be bess franz.
But if there is a Desmond skin... yes....

lbrosfilm
I thought they said we could choose the season when we go into free roam after the game ends.

That's what I mean. You select a sequence and then free roam in it.
EDIT: I just saw that you get the abillity to change the weather after finishing the game, no need to select a sequence. Ezio skin here I come!!

BBALive
10-28-2012, 04:56 PM
That in theory would make Connor appear as he did in the sequence you select, so if you select sequence 6, he'll look like normal Connor.

You don't select a sequence to determine the season, it's done differently.

EDIT: Nevermind.

kriegerdesgottes
Tons of people complained about the same thing when Ezio grew his drunken pedophile beard in AC2 and we couldn't even go back to previous memories to get rid of it. There were some people who liked, but most didn't. A bearded Assassin just looked weird with the assassin cloak, but after ACB, everyone was used to it and most now people prefer and know ezio from his bearded 40's

I still wish we could remove the beard...

projectpat06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0S3mTdb9Ups
I really hate the idea of a forced mohawk. Optional? Yes, I would use it occasionally, but forced? Ezio skin, we gon be bess franz.

The ezio skin is not ezio. It's connor in Ezio's brotherhood outfit

WilderaWild
10-28-2012, 04:57 PM
why do you have to choose a sequence? So its not like brotherhood? Can't you play how your character is after beating it?

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 04:57 PM
@ projectpat06 The Ezio skin has the hood up; it's not the mohawk that's bothering people, it's that the hood is permantly down...

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
why do you have to choose a sequence? So its not like brotherhood? Can't you play how your character is after beating it?I was just proved wrong; you don't need to choose a sequence.

JCearlyyears
The ezio skin is not ezio. It's connor in Ezio's brotherhood outfit

Yes, I know,unfortunately for me, that is the case, but I will most likely enjoy it anyhow as long as the physics on it are good. I wish we could remove that dreadful cape...

kriegerdesgottes
@ projectpat06 The Ezio skin has the hood up; it's not the mohawk that's bothering people, it's that the hood is permantly down...

It's not permanently down is it? Only on the Homestead right? I don't think I can deal with that much Mohawk.

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 05:00 PM
It's not permanently down is it? Only on the Homestead right? I don't think I can deal with that much Mohawk.

It's permantly down everywhere. It was at the end of the ending video; he's in Boston with the hood down.

Layytez
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM
In the homestead his hood is down. Either way I don't want that **** Mohawk without having a choice.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM
It's permantly down everywhere. It was at the end of the ending video; he's in Boston with the hood down.

Not cool.

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Not cool.

My sentiments exactly. Ezio skin, your cape better not do what it does in AC2 or ACB, or there will be hell to pay...

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Well maybe zwoosh or someone will figure out a way to glitch it off like we did with armor in Brotherhood and Revelations.

Layytez
10-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah he's right it was down in Boston with that Mohawk staring me in the face.

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Or maybe we CAN get the hood back on after the epilouge, but no one has seen it yet. Or maybe even skins for each version of Connor...

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah he's right it was down in Boston with that Mohawk staring me in the face.

What video are you guys talking about?

BBALive
10-28-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll just do what I did with Red Dead Redemption: Replay the game and stop doing main missions right before you get the mohawk (or you return to the farm, in RDR's case).

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 05:09 PM
What video are you guys talking about?

The video with the ending, I won't link it due to spoilers.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 05:10 PM
The video with the ending, I won't link it due to spoilers.

Oh ok I refused to watch that one.

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh ok I refused to watch that one.

I skipped right to the end to see the free roam after the game, unfortunately the video player showed me images I didn't want to see when I was skimming through the video. **** you YouTube!!!

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 05:31 PM
This is the most stupid addition Ubisoft has ever made in a game. No one likes the stupid looking 10 feet mohawk, which is just about the most ugly thing in existence. I speak for 100% of the entire Assassin's Creed community when I say that we ALL hate it. Not one person likes it. The fact that you are forced to have it, with your hood down all the time completely ruins the point of free roam after the game. They might as well remove free roam too, because that's the exact same thing.

Seriously, Connor won't even be an assassin after the game, he'll be some stupid idiotic looking mohawk with the hood down, which looks garbage and is something you're forced into.

Stupid idea, no ones like it. You better be able to glitch the hood back on...

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 05:35 PM
There are always some people who enjoy the stupid things but I agree that it really bums me out. I really don't want to have to wear Ezio's Brotherhood suit all the time. I was so excited to make Connor's coat tails red instead of blue but now I have to deal with that hideous mohawk.

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 05:39 PM
The problem really is that they force you to have your hood down. If they allow you to have your hood down then it should be a CHOICE. It's a much bigger appearance change than the beard in AC2. That was only from the front - You still looked like an assassin, too. But Connor without a hood, and this stupid mohawk (which seems to be forced...) makes no sense at all. He doesn't even look like an assassin anymore. He looks like someone from a mohawk village, with nothing Assassin-like about him. Absolutely dumb idea.

Layytez
10-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Man if he doesn't grow his hair back or put that **** hood up Ubi should at least patch so if we can't have the hood up he has his hair back.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Man if he doesn't grow his hair back or put that **** hood up Ubi should at least patch so if we can't have the hood up he has his hair back.

Agreed but I don't see that happening. We didn't even get music back in freeroam at the end of Revelations nor were we ever able to replay missions in ACII or remove armor without glitching the game for that matter in any of the following games.

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
*sigh* oh well. Looks like we're gonna have to wear the Ezio costume unless we get skins for the different versions of Connor...

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 05:54 PM
What about the Desmond skin? Anyone have word on that? I will raise hell if there is no Desmond skin, I swear it!

lonewarrior30
10-28-2012, 06:05 PM
What about the Desmond skin? Anyone have word on that? I will raise hell if there is no Desmond skin, I swear it!

check your inbox

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 06:12 PM
check your inbox

Check yours.

Lights Out Asia
10-28-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't know if I missed this or not, but are you people saying that he won't have his hood, or his Assassin clothing on after the ending of the game? Or is this a Homestead thing only?

AVVSOM3
10-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Can you send me a message too about the desmond skin?

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure you are forced into having this disgusting piece of crap hairstyle during free roam after the game, with your hood down too. This applies everywhere from what I saw in videos. Person who thought of this idea needs to be fired immediately. Seriously, I wouldn't mind it if you could choose to have your hood up or down, with this haircut, but you shouldn't be forced into something that I can guarantee you 100% of the entire community of Assassin's Creed will HATE with their guts.

BBALive
10-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't know if I missed this or not, but are you people saying that he won't have his hood, or his Assassin clothing on after the ending of the game? Or is this a Homestead thing only?

He's still wearing his Assassin robes, but his hood is down at all times (or so it seems). This wouldn't be a problem, but at some point during the game he shaves his hair into a mohawk.

Lights Out Asia
10-28-2012, 06:33 PM
He's still wearing his Assassin robes, but his hood is down at all times (or so it seems). This wouldn't be a problem, but at some point during the game he shaves his hair into a mohawk.
Gotcha. Honestly, that's not something that truly bothers me because... 1: Free roam would take place AFTER the events of everything, not necessarily needing to be an actual assassin, thus no real need for the hood apart from the cool aesthetic. 2: I imagine that if you replay the missions, his hood will most likely be back up, no?

I can understand the mohawk annoying people because it's a rather unusual hair style, but it works in his case because of his heritage (even if he is only half Native American.) I can appreciate the idea of this, and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it.

BBALive
10-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Gotcha. Honestly, that's not something that truly bothers me because... 1: Free roam would take place AFTER the events of everything, not necessarily needing to be an actual assassin, thus no real need for the hood apart from the cool aesthetic. 2: I imagine that if you replay the missions, his hood will most likely be back up, no?

I can understand the mohawk annoying people because it's a rather unusual hair style, but it works in his case because of his heritage (even if he is only half Native American.) I can appreciate the idea of this, and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it.

It looks pretty stupid. This whole thing reminds me of RDR, where once you completed the game you had to play as Jack.

Rakheton
10-28-2012, 06:46 PM
this is the most stupid addition ubisoft has ever made in a game. No one likes the stupid looking 10 feet mohawk, which is just about the most ugly thing in existence. I speak for 100% of the entire assassin's creed community when i say that we all hate it. Not one person likes it. The fact that you are forced to have it, with your hood down all the time completely ruins the point of free roam after the game. They might as well remove free roam too, because that's the exact same thing.

Seriously, connor won't even be an assassin after the game, he'll be some stupid idiotic looking mohawk with the hood down, which looks garbage and is something you're forced into.

Stupid idea, no ones like it. You better be able to glitch the hood back on...

this made me lol

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 06:48 PM
It looks pretty stupid. This whole thing reminds me of RDR, where once you completed the game you had to (spoiler)

Ouch, spoilers.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 06:50 PM
It looks pretty stupid. This whole thing reminds me of RDR, where once you completed the game you had to play as Jack.

Yeah I wasn't happy about that either :P That game is a masterpiece but Rockstar is another game company that just doesn't know how to end a game without making lots of people angry lol.

BBALive
10-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Here's what it looks like, for those that don't want to watch the video: http://neuropod.net/imagehost/uploads/e5a6ceba50cd6686605f58084a274332.jpg

Don't click the link if you don't want to see it. It's not really a spoiler though.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Here's what it looks like, for those that don't want to watch the video: http://neuropod.net/imagehost/uploads/e5a6ceba50cd6686605f58084a274332.jpg

Don't click the link if you don't want to see it. It's not really a spoiler though.

Ugh terrible. If only we could put the hood up I could half way live with it.

Jexx21
10-28-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you are forced into having this disgusting piece of crap hairstyle during free roam after the game, with your hood down too. This applies everywhere from what I saw in videos. Person who thought of this idea needs to be fired immediately. Seriously, I wouldn't mind it if you could choose to have your hood up or down, with this haircut, but you shouldn't be forced into something that I can guarantee you 100% of the entire community of Assassin's Creed will HATE with their guts.

I like the new hairstyle, and don't mind that his hood is down.

So... what do I get from you now? since your guarantee is over?

BBALive
10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Ugh terrible. If only we could put the hood up I could half way live with it.

There has to be some way to put the hood up or circumvent it. Seriously. Here's hoping someone finds a glitch.

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 06:58 PM

OH MY GOD! Give us the hood! GIVE US THE HOOD!

Jexx21
You'll get used to it.

Jexx21
OH MY GOD! Give us the hood! GIVE US THE HOOD!
...seriously? I think it looks fine.
Geeze, over-reactions everywhere.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 06:59 PM

Of course you do.

Jexx21
10-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Now.. what is that supposed to mean?

Lights Out Asia
Oh jeez, it's not even that bad hahaha.

Rakheton
http://images.wikia.com/es.warhammer40k/images/9/91/Mother_of_God_Meme_Cuanto_Cabr%C3%B3n_Wikihammer_4 0k.png

BBALive
10-28-2012, 07:01 PM

I don't think it looks as bad as I initially thought, but it definitely isn't as good as his regular hairstyle. Oh well, if there's nothing that can be done then there's nothing that can be done.

Jexx21
The way you guys were talking about it, I thought it would be the punk rock style of mohawk.

JCearlyyears
I wont get used to it. I seriously don't believe that we are forced to have the hood down all the time. They should know that some people wont like it. It seems crazy to force that.

Jexx21
10-28-2012, 07:04 PM
That's why it's after the game is over..

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 07:07 PM

Which is when most of your time playing the game is spent. That's how it is for me anyway. You spend maybe 15 hours playing through the actual story and countless thousands of hours playing in freeroam after the game is over.

Azula2005
10-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Haha, you guys are joking right? Right? I mean that's not funny guys. Really, stop... haha ok? this is all fake..

I'm going back to sleep and hope i wake up with this all gone.

mohawk..0,0

willstannard
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
The way you guys were talking about it, I thought it would be the punk rock style of mohawk.
Same here, someone actually wrote '10 inch Mohawk' :L I'm honestly cool with this change

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM

After the game is over, we should all be able to keep playing however we want. I don't see how the game being done justifies forcing the hood down.

rileypoole1234
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM

That doesn't look nearly as bad as the people around here are making it up to.

Stop complaining.:p

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 07:16 PM
After the game is over, we should all be able to keep playing however we want. I don't see how the game being done justifies forcing the hood down.
Agreed. Idiotic idea that Ubisoft forced for no reason at all. Almost everyone will hate it, and it will probably affect the review scores.

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 07:19 PM
If we can't choose, we should petition it. This bothers me a lot.

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah, this would be the same thing as if Ubisoft decided to have Connor burn his assassin outfit at the end of the game and then you are forced into wearing a woman's dress for the rest of the game. It makes no sense at all. You're supposed to be an assassin. You're supposed to have your hood up most of the time.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah, this would be the same thing as if Ubisoft decided to have Connor burn his assassin outfit at the end of the game and then you are forced into wearing a woman's dress for the rest of the game..

This made me LOL

tjbyrum1
10-28-2012, 07:30 PM
It's similar to Red Dead Redemption.

You play as John through the whole game, getting to know everything about him, then R* kills him at the end of the game,and forces you to play as Jack. A lot of people were pissed off.

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 07:32 PM
This made me LOL
It's true though. You buy an Assassin's Creed game to play as an ASSASSIN. Not to play as a man in tights with a stupid mohawk haircut. The hood is an extremely important part about being an Assassin, which is why it's the same darn thing as burning the costume and wearing something else.

Hopefully people are overlooking something and that it can be toggled on and off. Because it would be stupid if it was forced on you...

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 07:34 PM
It's true though. You buy an Assassin's Creed game to play as an ASSASSIN. Not to play as a man in tights with a stupid mohawk haircut. The hood is an extremely important part about being an Assassin, which is why it's the same darn thing as burning the costume and wearing something else.

Hopefully people are overlooking something and that it can be toggled on and off. Because it would be stupid if it was forced on you...

I agree with you :P

JCearlyyears
It's similar to Red Dead Redemption.

You play as John through the whole game, getting to know everything about him, then R* kills him at the end of the game,and forces you to play as Jack. A lot of people were pissed off.

Holy **** dude! What if there are people here who haven't beaten that game yet? I have, but I'm just sayin'.

tjbyrum1
And here I was thinking everyone wanted the hood down for a change.

JCearlyyears
10-28-2012, 07:35 PM

Yes, but as an option, not to be forced on us.

bluetoes1
10-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Yes, but as an option, not to be forced on us.
Completely agree. You shouldn't be forced into an option which doesn't even make any sense. It should be optional.

kriegerdesgottes
10-28-2012, 07:43 PM

Not all the time!! and certainly not if the character has a mohawk!

Layytez
10-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Ubisoft patch this bs.

tjbyrum1
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
lol. This is just like Jack Marston in RDR.

Lights Out Asia
10-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Holy **** dude! What if there are people here who haven't beaten that game yet? I have, but I'm just sayin'.
Hahaha, the game came out when? 2 years ago? I don't think it's much of a spoiler at this point haha.

Commissar38
10-28-2012, 07:53 PM
When I first heard that Connor was getting a mohawk I flipped out thinking that the hairstyle itself is not... very historically accurate for a Mohawk to do (what we would now call the Mohawk hairstyle was more of a Pawnee thing) but I guess it's not that bad.

MT4K
10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Closing thread. You people took this way off topic which forced it moved and spoiler tags added. Congratulations....