PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] End of Game [SPOILER]

MarcinTrzaskacz
10-28-2012, 11:48 AM
[SPOILERS] Seriously stop reading you idiot. Why would you want the game ruined for you? At least play the game to realize the ending is the worst thing in existence!

Ok, here we go. If you've seen the ending then please share your views on it. If anyone wants to watch the ending then here it is==== http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5TmmksGnHc======

Minerva tells Desmond that it's too late to save the world... Centurys too late.
So what was the point of making him the chosen one? To make Altair, Connor and Ezio messengers for him, to warn him the world shall end. What was the whole point of that if it was already too late? Minerva could have just told Ezio, "Hey broseph, there's this temple in America which you should probably go find, ya know, if you want to save the world and stuff, and not have your life be a total ****ing waste."

Desmond was century's too late to save the world... Why tell him that he can save it... If he can't? Ubisoft ****ed up big time. It really makes 0 sense at all.

The game and stuff, from the walkthroughs I watched looks pretty darn cool, but this... ending... If I can call it that... Is the worst thing ever :mad: :confused: :mad: :(

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 11:51 AM
I've already seen it, what a disappointment. This game had so much potential but in the end it failed. Terrible. My favorite game franchise has been ruined, instead of having an epic ending they created a massive plot twist just so they can make future games.

MarcinTrzaskacz
10-28-2012, 11:55 AM
I used to think that there was a group of geniuses working at Ubisoft, making the best story ever. I really do wish that was true, however obviously that isn't the case.

I think I'd have even preferred an Uncharted ending, with Desmond and the gang walking into the sunset with the world safe.

InfectedNation
10-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Trying really hard not to read your post, saw a little of though. What I came to ask was why can't you wait 2 more days to discuss this with everyone? It's not like there's many people to talk to anyway.. you just seem like you're flaunting the fact you completed the game and this thread is just unnecessary.

Also, Mods will probably need to read your post to check it, and they haven't played the game yet either so it's gonna be spoiled for them.... Just be more considerate?

Hawk Eye 2512
10-28-2012, 01:14 PM
**** this ******* who is ruining the game for us. Troll.

MarcinTrzaskacz
10-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Trying really hard not to read your post, saw a little of though. What I came to ask was why can't you wait 2 more days to discuss this with everyone? It's not like there's many people to talk to anyway.. you just seem like you're flaunting the fact you completed the game and this thread is just unnecessary.

Also, Mods will probably need to read your post to check it, and they haven't played the game yet either so it's gonna be spoiled for them.... Just be more considerate?

Sorry man, I just can't wait to talk about it. I put [SPOILER] in the title... twice... so there really shouldn't be that big of a problem. It's not like I'm forcing anyone to read it either, if anyone else had seen the end and wanted to talk about it then here's the thread for it. This thread is hardly unnecessary, I'm just stating my view and wanting to hear others.

Sorry if this dampened your mood or anything, but there are no rules stating that I can't talk about spoilers, especially in my own thread.

lonewarrior30
10-28-2012, 01:28 PM
yea I just finished the game and sat there thinking...W.T.F

but connors story is AMAZINGGGGG

MarcinTrzaskacz
10-28-2012, 01:30 PM

I'm only ruining the game for you if you allow me to ruin the game for you. The two [SPOILER] tags in the title should have kinda warned you about... hmm, I dunno... warned you about spoilers maybe?

It's your responsibility to make sure you see no spoilers. I made it quite easy for you to recognize my spoiler-filled thread however at the end of the day it is your weakness. You're mental weakness that made you look at it. You are weak and have no one else to blame but yourself.

I'm sorry if I somehow tempted your weak mind to look at spoilers, but next time you'll know that when there's [SPOILER] in the title, the thread might spoil the game for you.

ACfan443
10-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I haven't read your opening post for obvious reasons, but looking at other people's reactions, I can tell there'll be a massive uproar next week.

He put not one, but TWO spoiler warnings in the title, you didn't have to come here and read it. Oh and labelling someone a troll cause they have an opinion on the ending? That's just preposterous.

MarcinTrzaskacz
10-28-2012, 01:32 PM
yea I just finished the game and sat there thinking...W.T.F

but connors story is AMAZINGGGGG

Yeah Connor is pretty great, and also the missions you do as Desmond are pretty darn cool too, however that ending really did kill the epicness

MarcinTrzaskacz
10-28-2012, 01:33 PM
I haven't read your opening post for obvious reasons, but looking at other people's reactions, I can tell there'll be a massive uproar next week.

I'm sure a lot of people will be angry about it! The game itself is pretty fabulous but the ending just seemed to kinda spoil everything.

dxsxhxcx
10-28-2012, 02:31 PM
I'll watch the video to judge by myself but judging by your description, it looks like crap... and to the guy who apparently is angry because the end was spoiled for him, what did you expect to read in a thread with a spoiler tag saying "end of the game"?! another question, is just me or anyone also is having problems loading the forum, it takes ages to load it here (my internet connection sucks but this wasn't a problem some months ago) and at work (where the internet connection is a lot better than mine)?

MaKaVeLiTL
10-28-2012, 02:58 PM
It says spoilers in the title, idiot.

FirestarLuva
10-28-2012, 03:21 PM
My friends told me Connor's story saved the game, despite the crappy Desmond ending.
But aren't there missions after the credits? Epilogue missions you play as Connor? It said so in the achievements.

BBALive
10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Doesn't change anything for me, since I already disliked the modern day story. Besides, the gameplay is what really matters.

POP1Fan
10-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I saw it. I don't think it is THAT bad. If anything, I find it too short. At least we [SPOILER] kill Vidic and Daniel [SPOILER]. Can't wait to see what lies instore in the future.

IMRicko
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM
My friends told me Connor's story saved the game, despite the crappy Desmond ending.
But aren't there missions after the credits? Epilogue missions you play as Connor? It said so in the achievements.

do you mind to pm me about connor's ending?

lbrosfilm
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM
I only skimmed through the video and saw things I didn't want to see...but I didn't hear any dialouge or watch the whole thing, just saw thumbnails. From what I can tell from the descriptions of the ending, I like it. Leaves the story open for more greatness to come.

brefcourte
10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
indeed it is the most economic ending :) desmond saved the world and unchains a new big boss enemy which has to be defeated within the next games...

osinam14
10-28-2012, 06:00 PM
i saw the ending too, i really liked it, more assassins creed games to come :)

BBALive
10-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Watched the ending. It isn't even that bad. What's so terrible about it? I could understand if you wanted some cliche happy ending where Desmond saves the world and they ride off into the sunset, but that was never going to happen. We all know that they want to make more Assassin's Creed games, but they also said that AC3 was going to wrap up Desmond's story, which it did.

They've wrapped up the current story while planting the seed for the next. Sure, it isn't a fantastic ending, but it isn't Mass Effect 3-tier, and it definitely isn't as bad as some people are making out.

osinam14
10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
it let me satisfied, which i think was what corey may tried to do, it wasnt incredibly, and nothing comparable to the crap that mass effect 3 was, it was good

MarcinTrzaskacz
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Watched the ending. It isn't even that bad. What's so terrible about it? I could understand if you wanted some cliche happy ending where Desmond saves the world and they ride off into the sunset, but that was never going to happen. We all know that they want to make more Assassin's Creed games, but they also said that AC3 was going to wrap up Desmond's story, which it did.

They've wrapped up the current story while planting the seed for the next. Sure, it isn't a fantastic ending, but it isn't Mass Effect 3-tier, and it definitely isn't as bad as some people are making out.

My problem is is that it doesn't make sense. First Minerva said Desmond has to save the world, then she tells him he is centurys too late. This is just super poor story telling.

BLEEPYOU11
10-28-2012, 07:36 PM
why isnt this thread closed this is against the rules i didnt read it so i dont get spoiled magic man or woman close this as it may ruin the game and spoil people and against the rules
!

Brownsnakeeyes
10-28-2012, 07:54 PM
why isnt this thread closed this is against the rules i didnt read it so i dont get spoiled magic man or woman close this as it may ruin the game and spoil people and against the rules
!

It has spoiler attached doesn't it?

As for the video, I watched it without playing the the game yet. But the desmond ending isn't important to me since I think he's a waste of time to begin with. Gameplay is the most important and from what I've seen so far I won't be disappointed.

Dear UBI,

Future Assassin's Creed games shouldn't include present day characters, if truly needed, they should only be used for intro videos. That way people don't get attached to characters they play for 10 minutes.

Thank you

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Can somebody PM me the link to the video?

IceHot100
10-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Pleaseee Delete this thread before I read it! PLEASE MODS! or atleast lock it till after a week the game comes out. I dont wanna be spoiled!!!!!

thejoshknight
10-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm assuming this is ok to ask considering the thread we have here. How is the Lucy thing concluded? Juno is clearly evil, so does it say if Lucy was still evil too? Or did Juno kill her to assist in her release?

BBALive
10-28-2012, 08:13 PM
My problem is is that it doesn't make sense. First Minerva said Desmond has to save the world, then she tells him he is centurys too late. This is just super poor story telling.

They explained that though. Minerva said that they didn't know Juno would return, they thought she was gone. Minerva didn't appear in Brotherhood, which is when Juno first contacted Desmond, so she was unaware, at the time, of her return. Juno manipulated Desmond into going to the Grand Temple.

Essentially, when Minerva spoke to Desmond in AC2, she wasn't aware of Juno's return, hence why she thought Desmond still had a chance to save the world. When she realised Juno had returned, she knew that Desmond wouldn't be able to save the world, since by doing so he would set Juno free. So in the end he had to choose between the end of the world, or stopping the solar flare and hoping that somebody would be able to stop Juno.

I might be wrong, since I didn't study the ending whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

POP1Fan
10-28-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm assuming this is ok to ask considering the thread we have here. How is the Lucy thing concluded? Juno is clearly evil, so does it say if Lucy was still evil too? Or did Juno kill her to assist in her release?

Lucy was never evil. The Templars aren't evil.
At one point in the game, Desmond says that when he was controlled by Juno he saw the future and that she would have stole the Apple, the Templars would have launched the satellite but it would have failed, making him feel guilty trough pretty much the whole game.
And, for all we know, Juno is not evil either. She brings up some valid points when arguing with Minerva. As Desmond said, they will find a way to stop Juno, but they don't have time to save the world. I really like this ending. The more I think of it, the more I love it.

thejoshknight
10-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Lucy was never evil. The Templars aren't evil.
At one point in the game, Desmond says that when he was controlled by Juno he saw the future and that she would have stole the Apple, the Templars would have launched the satellite but it would have failed, making him feel guilty trough pretty much the whole game.
And, for all we know, Juno is not evil either. She brings up some valid points when arguing with Minerva. As Desmond said, they will find a way to stop Juno, but they don't have time to save the world. I really like this ending. The more I think of it, the more I love it.

Maybe Juno and the Templars aren't "evil", but they do want to strip humanity of free will. Most people would probably consider that the bad option of the bunch.

Let me rephrase that into this. Is Lucy actually a Templar triple agent? I assumed she liked Desmond too much to actually betray him, but is that not the case? And why did Juno kill her if she knew the sattelite was going to fail anyway?

Anyway, on the overall ending, I liked it. I always guessed Juno wasn't going to help them like they thought she would, so that didn't suprise me. I was never attatched to Desmond anyway, so his death doesn't bother me if it makes way for a new series of games. As long as Shaun and Rebecca carry over, I'll be cool with it. And I understand why he made the decision, as a chance to defeat Juno is much better than the destruction of the world. I do worry that Minerva is going to give up on the humans because they failed her.

POP1Fan
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Maybe Juno and the Templars aren't "evil", but they do want to strip humanity of free will. Most people would probably consider that the bad option of the bunch.

Let me rephrase that into this. Is Lucy actually a Templar triple agent? I assumed she liked Desmond too much to actually betray him, but is that not the case? And why did Juno kill her if she knew the sattelite was going to fail anyway?

Anyway, on the overall ending, I liked it. I always guessed Juno wasn't going to help them like they thought she would, so that didn't suprise me. I was never attatched to Desmond anyway, so his death doesn't bother me if it makes way for a new series of games. As long as Shaun and Rebecca carry over, I'll be cool with it. And I understand why he made the decision, as a chance to defeat Juno is much better than the destruction of the world. I do worry that Minerva is going to give up on the humans because they failed her.

Yes, Lucy was a Templar agent.

lodylody
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Ubisoft haven't once given us an ending which has left us content, with no questions remaining - this one remains the same. I think we all roughly get the idea... but a few things are still unclear:

Is the Templar v Assassin's thing completely irrelevant when put with the Humanity and First Civ thing? Is Juno a "Templar", is Minerva an "Assassin"?

Lucy... we thought she was a closed book. I think that Juno was truthful with the "cross darkens the horizon" stuff, because Lucy was a Templar and was thwarting the Assassin's plans. BUT the real reason Juno said that stuff was because they needed the Apple to access the Grand Temple, to in turn set her free.

I think it's a tragic ending, I wanted a lot more depth, I wanted all questions answered.

And if anyone wants to say that hurts Ubisoft and stops the possibility of a new game - no. Not true. I desperately want to see an AC4 with Shaun, Rebecca and the whole world running from Juno, the Templars trying to join forces with Juno, the slavery... it'd make for an epic game.

"The Key" was also an amazing storyline that was such a massive let down... "Her. Eve. DNA." I don't know if it is a her, but to me it just looks like some boring amulet.

Minerva's plan would've been better, in my opinion. Desmond's storyline has been closed...

Also, what has Juno's release done? What has that spark thing done? Can someone explain? Because from the very ending, it sounds just the same as I imagine it would've been if Minerva had got her way... hmmm

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Somebody get me that video!!!

thejoshknight
10-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Yes, Lucy was a Templar agent.

Thanks. I'm totally cool with that now though, as I've always said that I was fine with them doing what they did if it advanced the story. Now, since Juno needed the apple to be set free, it has a point in the story. Good job Ubisoft.

Lody, I think you are correct in that Minerva seems to represent the Assassin ideal, and Juno the Templars.

Juno thinks humans will be better off with her controlling them. Minerva thinks that free will is worth even the world being destroyed again. But, I also think you are correct in that Templar vs Assassin is very insignificant compared to Humans vs First Civ. I believe that the modern day story is the story that Ubisoft wants to be the main story, but in order to sell games they use the Assassins and Templars to fill the meat of the gameplay in.

Regarding the ending, Juno's release has led to her attempting to rule the world, but the world being saved. If Desmond had chosen Minerva, then everything would have been wiped out, and Desmond and the few others would have been forced to rebuild again. Desmond felt that giving the others a chance to fight Juno was better than the world ending, even at the cost of his life.

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Ok, since the video is nowhere to be found, can someone explain (in detail, like seriously describing it the way it happened in game) the ending to me?

lodylody
10-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh, and: If there is no modern day storyline in AC4, I will go berserk :nonchalance:

EDIT: This whole storyline comes down to a simple ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't. :p

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh, and: If there is no modern day storyline in AC4, I will go bazerk :nonchalance:

Me too.

And it's "berserk".

lodylody
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Me too.

And it's "berserk".

What a weird spelling :L

Also, from what I've seen, the Connor storyline doesn't have much relevance - I hope that in AC4 they will make the storyline in the past day more integral to that of the present.

EDIT: Hmm, from the bits of AC3 I've seen, it seems to be a lot more depth than past games in that, unlike AC2 where it was all black and white, this has some depth. It shows that the Templar/Assassin thing isn't so black and white. At the end of the game, Desmond does what is in essence a "Templar" move.

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 09:17 PM
What a weird spelling :L

Also, from what I've seen, the Connor storyline doesn't have much relevance - I hope that in AC4 they will make the storyline in the past day more integral to that of the present.

I don't care how you spell it, I was just being a jerk. :P

Connor's story looks amazing...but I can't believe we don't play as him until SPOILERS sequence four. And no robes until sequence five...

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Somebody please explain the ending to me... I haven't seen it.

lodylody
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah, and for the first three we're stuck playing as a Templar... :P I have alweays been more of a sucker for the Modern Day stuff, I came in at AC2 wanting Italy and Ezio, came out wanting modern day storyline... *sigh* And as for more Desmond... I don't know, it doesn't look very substantial to me.

Also quite annoyed that we don't actually see W. Miles being abducted...

(trying to hide it in spoiler tags but it's ridden with enough already that people should know not to come in here expecting to come out not knowing anything new)

EDIT: It's confusing... Minerva mentions something in the ending about devices...

Also, I cannot believe that Ubisoft has used the "they won't understand" ploy just to stop them properly explaining us. We're all First Civ epics, we can understand it ;) lol

Anyway, Minerva said something about devices. What devices are these? "Life" devices? That's how she got there, to "check up" on what was going on. Was Minerva actually real in that? Or was she the hologram from AC2?

Was Juno "real" in Brotherhood? She had the same "not there-ness" as Minerva did, as have all the First Civ beings we've seen up to this point.

Also, at the VERY end, after the radio bit during the credits, she approaches Desmond. Is she taking his body to form properly? Or what?

Grrr Ubisoft if you'd given us a good ending I wouldn't have so many question marks in these posts!!!!

lodylody
10-28-2012, 09:26 PM
@AltairCBM - Can't you just watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5TmmksGnHc ? :)

POP1Fan
10-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Somebody please explain the ending to me... I haven't seen it.

Desmond uses the key he got from reliving Connor's memories and opens the Temple. There, Juno tells him to touch an pedestal of some sort to save the world by launching a shield-thing around the Earth. Before he could do this, Minerva appears and tells Des that by doing so he will release Juno who is apparently still alive and wants to control the humans. Minerva and Juno try to convince Desmond to go their way, Minerva telling him that he can't save the world if Juno is released.
Then Juno shows him what would happen if he didn't touch the pedestal. He, William, Shaun and Rebbeca will stay alive, and will bring hope to the survivors. In time they will be held as legends bringing word of peace and far in the future even as gods. But there will appear those that misinterpret the words and kill everyone who doesn't follow Desmond's preachings.
Knowing that this will mean exactly the opposite of what they are fighting for, Desmond agrees to save the world, and release Juno, being sure that they will find a way to stop her in time. The gang leaves as Desmond touches the pedestal. The power from the pedestal kills Desmond, as the world seems to be shielded from the flare. Juno is release saying that he has played his part and that her's has just begun.

lodylody
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
This raises so many questions about the First Civ... What "side" were the First Civ, in general, actually on? I'm presuming that they are "Templars" (of sorts) considering that in the AC2 Truth video, the population were completely under the influence of the Apples. Was Minerva alone in what she did? Also, the way Minerva talked about Tinia and her made it sound as if they were both on the "Assassin" side... but Jupiter is supposedly Mr Boss Man, so why were all of the humans being controlled?

Also, war broke out between the First Civ. Was it a clear black and white First Civ vs. Humans war? Because Minerva would've probably been saying "let them be free"? You could try and say that she is against Juno, not the control of humans, but what other threat did Juno pose?

Argh, sooooo many questions. *headache*

thejoshknight
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I'll explain it.

As you know, Desmond, William, Rebecca, and Shaun go into the Temple in New York. They use the apple to enter. That would be why Lucy was killed. She would have stolen it, and no AC3 for us.

At the end, Desmond and the group are at a pedestal. Juno and Minerva are there. Juno tells Desmond that if he grabs the pedestal, then the world will be saved. Desmond will also die. Minerva steps in, and says that Juno was fighting against her ever since the first collapse. Minerva thought Juno was gone, but she was wrong. She then explains that if Desmond grabs the pedestal, yes, the world will be saved, but it will release Juno from the temple she has been trapped in all these years, and Juno will take over the world and control humanity. Basically, Juno has been playing the group the entire time with the end goal of being released.

Minerva proposes that Desmond let's the world end, and rebuilds it with the group. She believes the free will of humanity is worth more than the world being saved and juno being released. Desmond doesn't see it this way. He says that if he saves the world, at least people will have a chance to fight Juno and survive. He see's no hope on Minerva's path. Minerva says that Desmond will have to live and die with the consequences of his choice. So desmond does. He orders the others to leave, and grabs the pedestal. He dies. Juno says "You have played your part well Desmond, but now it's time for me to play mine."

After this, a news report is shown with the solar flare happening. There is damage, but the world survives. This sets up AC4, where presumably whoever the new main character is will lead the resistance against Juno.

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Wow...heavy stuff...

AltairCBM
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
They just killed him like that? That was the lamest death ever...he needed an epic death. Lucy's death was better than that!

lodylody
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
The ending is, while not providing us with any amazing shockers, quite gripping in my opinion, and does provide us with a perfect set-up for (thank God) a new storyline which will actively involve the First Civilisation. if Ubisoft is smart, this is what they'll do. Hopefully they'll tie up the Templars with Juno, or detail the struggle between what the Templars do (Assassins vs Juno - do they fight for their freedom, or ask to control with Juno who will probably say no and control them)... they won't drop them because that's been the leading historical plotline.

Also, another good thing is that we're finally done with the prophecies (if they've done it right). From what we know, there is no back-up plan from the First Civ. So we're done with cryptic clues and such. Now it's all out war.

While I don't want to lose the Animus and it's integral to the series, I think that there should be a 40/60 as opposed to the 20/80 of Modern Day to Historical things. Maybe we could go back to Adam and Eve, Desmond's (well, new modern day dude's) ancestors (hopefully) and see how they tried to get free, analyse it all.

It does plant seeds for future games - good and bad. I hope they've had AC4 in production for a while though, because I seriously do not want a three year wait to see what happens.

I am hoping so much that Ubisoft have made the right choice and they go with the modern day story and don't go somewhere completely insignificant... We (i.e. I) want war, big war between Juno and humanity! Like AC2 with the gameplay of AC3, with more relevance, more story and better story. :D

EDIT: Yes, there doesn't seem to be as much dramatic music as in AC:B... his life just seems to insignificantly fizz out.

Also, I hope we go to a character we know somewhat, and one that bears significance... Someone like Desmond, but ten times better and more integral. Desmond being Desmond didn't really do much, just put him in unfortunate circumstances which guided and ended his entire life. *lol*

Saqaliba
10-29-2012, 02:02 AM
[SPOILER]

I thought the ending would have been way better if Desmond had decided NOT to release Juno and thus become the leader of the Assassin's in the aftermath of the Apocalypse. That would have made an epic sequel too... Assassin's Creed: Rebirth... Desmond hunting down the remaining Templars in a post-apocalyptic world. Crumbled buildings and tree-climbing. And Desmond becoming the Founding Father/Prophet of the next-Gen Assassins..... man that would have made for a way more epic ending!

I wish we had more time with Desmond... the 3 sequences in this game look so promising, but there isn't enough Desmond combat.

Saqaliba
10-29-2012, 02:06 AM
And also.... If the Templars had found the Temple, wouldn't they have just done the exact same thing as Desmond... I mean, Juno essentially lives by the Templar ideology right.... control.

Jl1223
10-29-2012, 02:54 AM
So with this ending I'm guessing Halo 4 just secured GOTY.

Not sure if happy or sad.But the ending is still bad

And now what.....do we go back to Connor, or are we in the real world fighting Juno?

Also, I realize there might be other First Civ people released.

Sukramo
10-29-2012, 03:34 AM
The ending wasent bad, but it was predicatable.

The BAD part (Seriously, BADBADBADBAD) was the way Abstergo was portraid. Where are the multiplayer agents? Why does Daniel get taken out with a few punches?

AND WHY THE HELL DOES VIDIC ACT LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD? The man has 4 (WTF?) guards and DOES NOT ANTICIPATE DESMOND USING THE APPLE AT ALL.

Whoever wrote that needs to be stopped from writing anything ever again.

Coons story is quite good and really liked the spin those Templars had (Modern ones are sadly terrible)

Eurostar7
10-29-2012, 08:46 AM
I agree with the OP. Why tell Desmond he can save the world in the previous games when NOBODY (not even TOWCB themselves) can?

They made Desmond do EVERYTHING he did in the 4 games, for nothing.

Eurostar7
10-29-2012, 09:14 AM
And to add to that, not even Connor could have saved it since it was only 2 centuries ago. Ezio could have saved the planet, but TOWCB, knowing that Desmond couldnt do ANYTHING, communicated with Desmond through ancestors who were at a time period within the window of being able to save the planet. Instead of them, they communicated with the ONLY guy who couldnt do ANYTHING.

How could they have made that mistake? I dont think Minerva was that stupid.

souNdwAve89
10-29-2012, 09:28 AM
And to add to that, not even Connor could have saved it since it was only 2 centuries ago. Ezio could have saved the planet, but TOWCB, knowing that Desmond couldnt do ANYTHING, communicated with Desmond through ancestors who were at a time period within the window of being able to save the planet. Instead of them, they communicated with the ONLY guy who couldnt do ANYTHING.

How could they have made that mistake? I dont think Minerva was that stupid.

So much for being the Goddess of Wisdom...

Sukramo
10-29-2012, 09:34 AM
TWCB are a mess right now. Just go with it.

Vidic acting like a 5 year old is a bigger problem. The playthrough is down now. Spent all night watching it.

Let me expalin the extremly poor writing with Vidic.

So Vidic knows Desmond is coming to Abstergo. If I were that guy i would prepare with dozens of guards, snipers, gas and OFC the elite members of the multiplayer program.

Instead Vidic sends worthless Abstergo guards (Some who have useless guns!), and in the end sits in a room with Desmonds dad and four guards. Vidic then demands that Desmond gives him the apple. Ofc Desmond uses the apple and kills them all.........................................HOW DID VIDIC NOT SEE THAT COMING? 0/10 for terrible writing Ubisoft.

Eurostar7
10-29-2012, 09:38 AM
And what is this ending with the world being shielded after Desmond touched the glowing orb? Didnt Minerva say that they tried to build a shield and they couldnt cover even 1/10th of the planet? And they tried to build 4 pillars and they couldnt even finish the first pillar? What created the shield then?

lodylody
10-29-2012, 10:28 AM
It's extremely confusing, but this seems like a different method. This is essentially draining all of Desmond's energy, thus killing him. Sort of like a sacrifice that puts the pwoer around the world? Something like that...

Also, some people appear to be getting confused: Minerva said there was no hope of saving the world WHEN Juno was convincing Desmond to let her free (by which he'll also save the world). Minerva was trying to convince Desmond NOT to release Juno. There IS hope of saving the world, by letting Juno free, and Desmond chose to do that.

When she said there was no hope, it was just to try and stop him releasing Juno.

I would love to see a First Civilisation game... I know that some might not like that but it's the storyline I want more of, it's the one that I REALLY love AC for. It would be such a shame to let it go. They said it planted seeds for future games - in my opinion, the ending with Juno requires a follow-up. We need to know what happens to humanity, we need to know of the epic struggle! Please Ubisoft, do the right thing here. Assassin's Creed 4 will be amazing with Juno :D

POP1Fan
10-29-2012, 11:58 AM
And also.... If the Templars had found the Temple, wouldn't they have just done the exact same thing as Desmond... I mean, Juno essentially lives by the Templar ideology right.... control.

Only Desmond has the genes necessary to activate the pedestal. Not to mention the Templars would has chosen Minerva's way. That way they would be alive and take Des's place as prophets and have the remaining Assassin's killed by the flare, assuring them total control.

MaKaVeLiTL
10-29-2012, 01:35 PM
The ending wasent bad, but it was predicatable.

The BAD part (Seriously, BADBADBADBAD) was the way Abstergo was portraid. Where are the multiplayer agents? Why does Daniel get taken out with a few punches?

AND WHY THE HELL DOES VIDIC ACT LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD? The man has 4 (WTF?) guards and DOES NOT ANTICIPATE DESMOND USING THE APPLE AT ALL.

Whoever wrote that needs to be stopped from writing anything ever again.

Coons story is quite good and really liked the spin those Templars had (Modern ones are sadly terrible)
This is another thing that pissed me off - Daniel Cross. He's portrayed to be some sort of highly experienced killer, yet every time you meet him as Desmond you beat him very very easily.

Nightmare8767
10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Ehh... Have you guys really seen the ending? Minerva says they had found the method. Simply Juno took advantage and put herself in the Temple so she could rule once Desmond had done it -- Minerva and Tinia hoped she'd have perished.

Anyways, what I didn't like at all, AT ALL, was Tinia and Minerva missing for the most part. And then Minerva comes out of the blue. Seriously? We have the First Civilization *practically* leader presented after 3 games, and he doesn't even appear in the ending?

dxsxhxcx
10-29-2012, 04:37 PM
I didn't play the game yet but I watched the ending and IMO they choosed the worst way ever to finish Desmond story, judging by the ending, it left that feeling that everything he did in the previous games was pointless, IMO the way it is now Desmond'story lacks a proper closure, if at least instead of kill him inside the temple they had shown us Desmond and the others trying to stop Juno for some years after the end of the game and then make Desmond die in the process IMO this would had made the ending much more satisfatory than the one we currently have where Desmond continue being what he always was since the first game, nothing but a pointless character/plot device.

Nightmare8767
10-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Desmond did save the world, BTW, there's a voice over report on the credits.

KiShiDo
10-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I seriously don't get the ending.

1. How can Juno be "alive" and be released and Minerva not but still be there as well at the same time?
2. They seemed in good terms during Revelation together with Jupiter in the Nexus?
3. Where is Jupiter after all?

I do not get it and I do not like it either... Maybe someone will explain it to me

Eurostar7
10-29-2012, 10:00 PM
I dont get it either, for a lot of reasons. Your reasons just added to my list lol They killed off Desmond in the most anticlimactic way as well, Desmond wasnt the savior of the world according to William Miles, but he deserved a lot more than this in the end. You'd think Ubisoft would respect his character at least a little bit.

lodylody
10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I seriously don't get the ending.

1. How can Juno be "alive" and be released and Minerva not but still be there as well at the same time?
2. They seemed in good terms during Revelation together with Jupiter in the Nexus?
3. Where is Jupiter after all?

I do not get it and I do not like it either... Maybe someone will explain it to me
Well, my mind has as usual really over-analysed, so I think I can help you a little bit.

1. It seems as if they were using either devices to keep themselves alive, or using last little bits of energy to appear at moments. Now Juno, in that ending sequence, isn't "alive" as such (the one we see). Juno is within the walls though, waiting to properly be alive. Desmond using the eye will somehow set her free.

Minerva was using a device, or her last bit of life that she'd saved, along with Juno (who I suspect had more energy) to go there, to see what was happening.

2. Hmm I think that Minerva and Jupiter (Tinia as he's referred to in the game) were with each-other against Juno, who seemed to be power-hungry. But they were obviously all nice with each-other. I guess they were the three smartest, which is why they all worked together.

3. Jupiter is referenced to in the ending - Minerva and him had many conversations throughout the thousands of years... I guess it was just decided that Minerva would pop along, or Jupiter's device/power source/life ran out so it had to be Minerva.

hmmmm it's very inconsistent. Is Minerva a hologram like she says in AC2? Is she using a device to live (was) as implied in AC3? *rips out hair* rofl So confusing.

We NEED a First Civ game Ubisoft! The epic struggle against Juno! And proper answers! You said you weren't going to skirt around it all, but you have!

They said it would be a satisfactory end to Desmond, you can see that they used their words wisely. They never said the story, or the First Civ, or the Assasins - just Desmond. And now.. well, you'll know if you've watched the ending... we can safely say he's done with now. Ubisoft has many more important decisions now though - who do we play as in the modern day now?

I'm hoping that they've had a team on AC4 for a while because I do not want to wait for the First Civ plotline for years...

Sharkey1337
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Decided to watch the end after hearing how "terrible" the ending is, and honestly it wasn't that bad, imo. Definitely no ME3 ending, that's for sure, so I feel relieved about getting the game tonight still.

Layytez
10-30-2012, 03:42 AM
Completely hated it. Why explain two options if we don't pick one. The urgency to save the world was gone. Adam and Eve were not touched on.

souNdwAve89
10-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Completely hated it. Why explain two options if we don't pick one. The urgency to save the world was gone. Adam and Eve were not touched on.

Yeah, and what about the whole thing about Desmond's son when Subject 16 mentioned it in Brotherhood?

Legendz54
10-30-2012, 07:06 AM
All i have to say is Ubisoft knows they have to release another game next year after they gave us this ending otherwise people may loose interest. One thing to learn in the AC series is to not get too attached to one person, Each of them play their parts in saving the world, Desmond played his part and his cycle was ended, My only question is who will replace Desmond in the modern day story plot?????

Eurostar7
10-30-2012, 08:19 AM
All i have to say is Ubisoft knows they have to release another game next year after they gave us this ending otherwise people may loose interest. One thing to learn in the AC series is to not get too attached to one person, Each of them play their parts in saving the world, Desmond played his part and his cycle was ended, My only question is who will replace Desmond in the modern day story plot?????

Thats the problem, Desmond never had a part in saving the world. His adventure was a fools errand that The Ones Who Came Before did on purpose. Nobody within few centuries of Dec 21st 2012 was able to save the world. Not even the Templars. They showed Desmond the future while he was being controlled and killed Lucy, he saw what would happen if Abstergo launched the space satellite, and the satellite failed.

If the world was saved, it was the doing of somebody unknown centuries ago.

lodylody
10-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Thats the problem, Desmond never had a part in saving the world. His adventure was a fools errand that The Ones Who Came Before did on purpose. Nobody within few centuries of Dec 21st 2012 was able to save the world. Not even the Templars. They showed Desmond the future while he was being controlled and killed Lucy, he saw what would happen if Abstergo launched the space satellite, and the satellite failed.

If the world was saved, it was the doing of somebody unknown centuries ago.
He did! He DID save the world! When he touched that thing, he saved the world! You don't get it :L That eye thing saves the world. Only difference to what Minerva and Jupiter thought is, it also releases Juno. *shrugs*

Nightmare8767
10-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Eeeeeeeeexactly! Minerva and Tinia found the way, but Juno continued research in the whole "What if I could become a conscience?". So she hid herself in the Grand Temple. Thus, saving the world would equal to her release.

brefcourte
10-30-2012, 02:26 PM
i think in AC4 it will turn out, that desmond isn't death at all, but merely has become a vessel for juno, so he will become our new enemy.
therefore the question mark in the title "the end of a hero?".
will happen, already took money to the betting shop for it!

Eurostar7
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
He did! He DID save the world! When he touched that thing, he saved the world! You don't get it :L That eye thing saves the world. Only difference to what Minerva and Jupiter thought is, it also releases Juno. *shrugs*

Not really, they didnt complete any of their plans to create defenses for the planet, they time travelled to the future to see if it would work but they witnessed the world being destroyed. They tried the possibility of giving the Apple of Eden to Abstergo to launch their satellite and that didnt work either. The pillars they were building they didnt finish the first one because each one would have taken thousands of years to complete. William M said that Desmond isnt the savior of the world, Daniel Cross was supposed to be the "Chosen One" for the Assassins but he became one of the most powerful Templars ever to have existed. William M personally took care of Daniel Cross in The Farm. Read the comics and youll find that out.

Remember, ALL the Assassins with Eagle Eye powers are descendants of Adam and Eve. Any Assassin could have used the key. Desmond wasnt special, he was just successful up until his inevitable failure, because it was just too late. Ezio, Altair, Aquilus, Brutus, they all could have done something but TOWCB decided to invest all their efforts on somebody who could never finish the mission.

Previously, Juno (or Minerva) showed Desmond an 'alternate' future showing the destruction of the planet, depending on his choice, and showed people on cell phones that stopped working and the sky had a colorful glow (basically it was a worldwide aurora borealis). The same colorful glow that they showed after the game ended with the dialogue from the newscaster, the TV was cutting off and he was saying that electronic devices were ceasing to function.

That scene was JUST before the world ended, the magnetic field would have completely destroyed and then the solar flare would burn the planet, after destroying all our satellites in space of course, which explains TV and cell phone outage.

brefcourte
10-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Not really, they didnt complete any of their plans to create defenses for the planet, they time travelled to the future to see if it would work but they witnessed the world being destroyed. They tried the possibility of giving the Apple of Eden to Abstergo to launch their satellite and that didnt work either. The pillars they were building they didnt finish the first one because each one would have taken thousands of years to complete. William M said that Desmond isnt the savior of the world, Daniel Cross was supposed to be the "Chosen One" for the Assassins but he became one of the most powerful Templars ever to have existed. William M personally took care of Daniel Cross in The Farm. Read the comics and youll find that out.

Remember, ALL the Assassins with Eagle Eye powers are descendants of Adam and Eve. Any Assassin could have used the key. Desmond wasnt special, he was just successful up until his inevitable failure, because it was just too late. Ezio, Altair, Aquilus, Brutus, they all could have done something but TOWCB decided to invest all their efforts on somebody who could never finish the mission.

Previously, Juno (or Minerva) showed Desmond an 'alternate' future showing the destruction of the planet, depending on his choice, and showed people on cell phones that stopped working and the sky had a colorful glow (basically it was a worldwide aurora borealis). The same colorful glow that they showed after the game ended with the dialogue from the newscaster, the TV was cutting off and he was saying that electronic devices were ceasing to function.

That scene was JUST before the world ended, the magnetic field would have completely destroyed and then the solar flare would burn the planet, after destroying all our satellites in space of course, which explains TV and cell phone outage.

You are wrong. The world has been saved, Juno also said it!

Eurostar7
10-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Well they said a lot of things that werent true. lol

MRNMRSPACER
10-30-2012, 10:14 PM
i was/am so dissapointed with the ending :( about ruined the series for me.....i expected better

thejoshknight
10-31-2012, 01:17 AM
i was/am so dissapointed with the ending :( about ruined the series for me.....i expected better

Ubisoft said Desmond's story was going to end. They did not say the series was going to end. What way did you think they would accomplish this? They HAD to kill him to make more games.

Honestly, they never attempted to build up an emotional attatchment between us and desmond. He was never a super-sympathetic character. They spent far more effort making Lucy likeable, but that was only because they had to make the betrayal a real shock. Ubi doesn't seem to want you to get super attatched to individual characters all in all.

Jexx21
10-31-2012, 03:17 AM
An Assassin's Creed ending isn't an Assassin's Creed ending if it doesn't leave us with more questions than answers.

I love it.

xx-pyro
10-31-2012, 03:36 AM
It was just an ending, explained nothing and didn't really offer anything. It just tied up Desmond's story I guess. Mixed feelings about it on my part. Really don't want to see a game in modern times with Juno as the primary antagonist though. REALLY don't want to see that.

NOLA_Assassin
10-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Without anyone spoiling it for me, was Connor's story any better?

xx-pyro
10-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Without anyone spoiling it for me, was Connor's story any better?

I enjoyed his story very much but I think the end of his could have also been done a tiny bit better.

NOLA_Assassin
10-31-2012, 04:14 AM
I enjoyed his story very much but I think the end of his could have also been done a tiny bit better.

Well at least that's good.

Eurostar7
10-31-2012, 05:28 AM
Ubisoft said Desmond's story was going to end. They did not say the series was going to end. What way did you think they would accomplish this? They HAD to kill him to make more games.

Honestly, they never attempted to build up an emotional attatchment between us and desmond. He was never a super-sympathetic character. They spent far more effort making Lucy likeable, but that was only because they had to make the betrayal a real shock. Ubi doesn't seem to want you to get super attatched to individual characters all in all.

I know that, but he could have had a better end. Plus in the ending, you find out his whole journey was a big lie basically and he just threw away his life for nothing. Its really sad if you think of it that way, Ubisoft threw away Desmond's character as if he was trash. And the Daniel Cross death sucked also. The whole modern-day story in this game felt very convenient for the writers. They wrote off characters easily and quickly.

Anyway, Desmond was right for leaving the Farm and trying to live a normal life after all

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2012, 11:05 AM
I loved every bit of the game and the whole franchise. The ending left me opinion-less. I don't know what to think of it. It's beyond just sad about Desmond but you know like I expected something longer, something more epic and meaningful while it's just so fast, brief and has nothing to do with everything we've been working for all this time.

First, the game was a mirror image to reality and all the event supported conspiracy theories that we can't say they're true or false so the game was up to date with our life but now Juno's in control? c'mon 12.21.12 is coming and I'm almost 100% sure nothing's gonna happen so I really doubt any future sequels will make any sense. I really wished the world ended according to Minerva's choice rather than this or just a happy ending where everyone walks towards the sunset or the amazing fan-suggested ending of finding out that Desmond's story has all been an animus revisit by someone in the future.

Anyway, Desmond was right for leaving the Farm and trying to live a normal life after all

I totally agree with this. For a moment back there, I felt that Desmond was wrong to leave the work of his glorious ancestors and that he did the right thing by returning. Also, I thought that the story of all these pieces of eden, the lives wasted of so many people, Templars and Assassins trying to find it. Altair, Ezio and Connor and the thousands of others who fought throughout the centuries to make a little bit of difference in the future all pour into some overused story of an ancient deity wanting to resurrect and rule the world... seriously?

In conclusion, I still can't wait for AC4 as ACIII ending offered more questions than answers not to mention how pointless it was. I guess we really do need an AC game in modern times but ending Desmond's story? and this way? worst decision ever.

brefcourte
10-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Believe me, Desmond will return within the next game, as super villian possesed by Juno!

decent2k10
10-31-2012, 01:04 PM
I know that, but he could have had a better end. Plus in the ending, you find out his whole journey was a big lie basically and he just threw away his life for nothing.

Maybe it was a lie, but he saved the world.. just in another way^^ He threw his life away, to save the world...

lightlamp
10-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Whats all this about pivots? i just fast travelled to boston and someone is talking to me about planting pivots like they are talking to desmond as if he is in the animus

BBALive
10-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Plus in the ending, you find out his whole journey was a big lie

You misinterpreted the ending.

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
You misinterpreted the ending.

Can you please explain?
I mean all the messages sent from the First Civilization (including the meeting at Synch Nexus at the end of AC:R) told Desmond to do certain things to help the world but now Minerva herself says that the world is beyond saving because we're "Centuries late". So what was the point of recording these messages to Desmond if he was already centuries late?

Eurostar7
10-31-2012, 05:38 PM
And then all of a sudden Juno and Minerva said they can travel through time, so why didnt they just go to Desmond's time and prevent things from happening and helped him directly? Why didnt they directly help Ezio, Altiar, Connor? In the facebook AC game, Cesare's sister had a bastard child with another man in secret, he was born deformed and used the Shroud (another piece of Eden) to cure him, as he kid grew older he was able to see Minerva and Juno and they talked to him all the time. Despite being a Borgia, he became an Assassin.

So they can communicate directly with Cesare's bastard son but they cant go directly to the other Assassins?

RinoTheBouncer
10-31-2012, 05:52 PM
And then all of a sudden Juno and Minerva said they can travel through time, so why didnt they just go to Desmond's time and prevent things from happening and helped him directly? Why didnt they directly help Ezio, Altiar, Connor? In the facebook AC game, Cesare's sister had a bastard child with another man in secret, he was born deformed and used the Shroud (another piece of Eden) to cure him, as he kid grew older he was able to see Minerva and Juno and they talked to him all the time. Despite being a Borgia, he became an Assassin.

So they can communicate directly with Cesare's bastard son but they cant go directly to the other Assassins?

The game is full of plot holes, let's not mention how suddenly everyone including Connor and Haytham know that Haytham is Connor's dad with no introductions or any scene that shows they were told about the matter.

Also Juno mentioned their attempt to "Create" things by using the Apple to literally make wishes come true of several people and that they failed to make it work when they launched pieces of eden to the sky cause no one could direct the energy, couldn't Desmond and the Assassin's take over Abstergo's satellite facility and control the satellite themselves to make the change? and Minerva recorded all these messages to Desmond only to tell him that there's nothing to be done about it as they were "Centuries late" couldn't she have taught any other previous assassin instead of desmond so that they won't be too late?

FirestarLuva
10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
The game is full of plot holes, let's not mention how suddenly everyone including Connor and Haytham know that Haytham is Connor's dad with no introductions or any scene that shows they were told about the matter.

They might have done that on purpose. AC2 also had many plot holes that were relived as opressed memories in ACB. I have a feeling the same will be done here.

mlazun
10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
well in next ac games, we probably go into some ancient civiisation, meybe egypt, or mesopotamia, who may be in contact with first civ. or even we see the first civ time.
from that video in ac2 showing adam and eve stole apple and ignite the war against these gods, i knew that one ac game will be about that.
shoun ask desmond in chit cheat to go in animus and explore first civ, after they save the world. now if they want stop juno, they have to, so they see how adam and eve, or someone else was doing it.
so for me that is another clue. also we may see assassins and templar cooperation in next game, for reason we already seen it in ac3, and think desmond mention it also in one of conversation.
i dont think that desmond is dead, because we heard someone in epilog who is hacking something in animus. maybe it is erutido guy, who we hear nothing since acb. so desmond is again placed in animus, and because we hear it, he is probibly live.
in ac3 liberation, avelin also have some piece of eden that contains holographic massague from eve, which also apoint to first civ period and uprising agains 'gods'.

but i like connor very much, and i would like one more game with him before they go into ancient past. but what will be a new story for connor, i can not guess. maybe finding some more piece of eden, like sword, ankh, shraud. etc, so thay can heal desmond and armed themselves against juno.

there are a lot of posibilities, and that why i love these series, but if they keep pushing it, risk to make a soap of series and bored fans.

Eurostar7
10-31-2012, 06:31 PM
If its in ancient Egypt, id be very happy and they should hire real historians because Alex Hutchinson isnt a historian to be saying Egypt is boring. There are so many things about them a lot of people dont know, things that have been found even in recent years.

Also, mlazun, in AC Liberation the 3 glowing people, 2 of them were talking to one of them about Eve leading the war of generations and asking the 3rd glowing figure if he will join them so it seems the 3rd glowing figure is a new assassin.

Its also sad that a handheld game had a better ending than AC3, storywise and provided better hints at a sequel.

lightlamp
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
There is an achievement about uploading the animus to the cloud anyone know what that means? its related to the pivots

mlazun
10-31-2012, 07:51 PM
yes i ment on that event in ac3 liberation.
so it is holographic message about 3 people speaking of joining eve in fight.
I watched a gamplay in spanish on youtube, so didnt understand very well, but heard her name :)

Layytez
10-31-2012, 07:54 PM
I watched a gamplay in spanish on youtube, so didnt understand very well, but heard her name :)

Link ?

Eurostar7
10-31-2012, 08:12 PM
I dont think we can post links to that on the forum. just search for it, i saw the spanish video too.

Layytez
10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
What part ?

Eurostar7
10-31-2012, 08:26 PM
14 i think?

Yeah its 14. The game looks very impressive for handheld though, almost like AC3, but of course not quite the same.

mlazun
10-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by mlazun http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8665287#post8665287)
I watched a gamplay in spanish on youtube, so didnt understand very well, but heard her name http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

Link ?

can not find it now, sorry....
but now i saw some uploading it on youtube up to part 3, so maybe tomorow we can be watch full game in english

Nightmare8767
11-01-2012, 12:07 AM

They can't travel through time. Those were messages up until AC3, in which basically they're holograms, most likely a conciousness trapped within the Temple.

Looked at the vid. Since I'm Spanish I can tell you what happens: Those were the first humans plotting gainst TWCB in order to be free, and say that Eve will guide them in the war against them.

So, that may be the original sin...

Layytez
11-01-2012, 12:09 AM
They can't travel through time. Those were messages up until AC3, in which basically they're holograms, most likely a conciousness trapped within the Temple.

Well they are responsive holograms since they interact with Desmond. So they are like alive holograms.

Nightmare8767
11-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Most likely. Or it's like in I, Robot, in that scene where the Professor seems to be answering (or like in Doctor Who, the Blink episode ;))

I've commented on the Liberation ending above, BTW.

Layytez
11-01-2012, 12:20 AM
And we still haven't actually seen Adam and Ever since AC2. I wanted to see them rebel against the First Civ.

Nightmare8767
11-01-2012, 12:21 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if they're actually going to tell that in the future.

Eurostar7
11-01-2012, 12:22 AM

Looked at the vid. Since I'm Spanish I can tell you what happens: Those were the first humans plotting gainst TWCB in order to be free, and say that Eve will guide them in the war against them.

So, that may be the original sin...

Juno hersel said she time travelled at the end of AC3, how can you say they cant? lol How do you think they showed Desmond the Abstergo Satellite failing on Dec 21st? They showed him the scenes while he was being controlled by the apple and killed Lucy.

Layytez
11-01-2012, 12:24 AM
I hope the do a DLC explaining this. Going into the animus and dialling all the way back or something.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Desmond uses the key he got from reliving Connor's memories and opens the Temple. There, Juno tells him to touch an pedestal of some sort to save the world by launching a shield-thing around the Earth. Before he could do this, Minerva appears and tells Des that by doing so he will release Juno who is apparently still alive and wants to control the humans. Minerva and Juno try to convince Desmond to go their way, Minerva telling him that he can't save the world if Juno is released.
Then Juno shows him what would happen if he didn't touch the pedestal. He, William, Shaun and Rebbeca will stay alive, and will bring hope to the survivors. In time they will be held as legends bringing word of peace and far in the future even as gods. But there will appear those that misinterpret the words and kill everyone who doesn't follow Desmond's preachings.
Knowing that this will mean exactly the opposite of what they are fighting for, Desmond agrees to save the world, and release Juno, being sure that they will find a way to stop her in time. The gang leaves as Desmond touches the pedestal. The power from the pedestal kills Desmond, as the world seems to be shielded from the flare. Juno is release saying that he has played his part and that her's has just begun.

Wow.. Far from hating it.. I'm actually loving this. xD Am I the only one here who feels that way? :/

ElTORO713
11-01-2012, 10:43 AM
WTF I stayed up to play this **** to see desmond die and no details what will happen why the hell did you do this to me Ubisoft

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 11:44 AM
WTF I stayed up to play this **** to see desmond die and no details what will happen why the hell did you do this to me Ubisoft

Desmond's death was kinda expected. And they did leave details on what will happen next.

Nightmare8767
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Juno hersel said she time travelled at the end of AC3, how can you say they cant? lol How do you think they showed Desmond the Abstergo Satellite failing on Dec 21st? They showed him the scenes while he was being controlled by the apple and killed Lucy.

She didn't, I rewatched the ending. Minerva said she gave a last look into the future, which is really different.

Minerva can look at the future by calculating a pattern (she even says so), that's how the First Civ visions work, that's how the Apple showed Desmond the future (and anyone else, BTW, since everytime someone's entered a Vault/touched an Apple they've seen it).

BUS DR1V3R
11-01-2012, 01:53 PM
I thought the ending felt really rushed. I mean in past games they have had longer final cut-scenes with CG and they looked really polished while captivating the player. At the end of this cut-scene I was just left thinking, "Really?" That is how you end the story of someone that I've invested my time into for 5 games? Panning and zooming across static artwork? They had a massive chance to tug at some heart strings and didn't use it at all. His dad was right there, who he hasn't gotten along with. They could have settled their differences for the past or something. It just felt really bland, not to mention emotionless, for a main character's death.

I must be the only person that thought that Conner was the worst Character of the whole series. He acted like a pissed off child the entire game and seemed to never wrap his head around the whole Assassins vs. Templars thing. There was also no real sense of his development as a character, or an Assassin, like with Ezio in the AC2. I almost felt like I was watching a Twilight movie with his pissed off emo vibe. For me the Characters go Altair < Ezio > Conner.

I'm not even getting into the ADHD style gameplay either. What ever happened to assassinating Templars?

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Desmond was never the main character.. Not to me at least. He was just a plot device, to let the players in the Animus and into the past where the real meat of AC is. One look at the trailers and AC box art tells you who the main guy of the game is, and whom Ubi is banking on to sell their games.

Infact coming to AC III I had totally forgotten a guy named Desmond Miles existed until I saw his story trailer :P There was Connor everywhere.

RinoTheBouncer
11-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I thought the ending felt really rushed. I mean in past games they have had longer final cut-scenes with CG and they looked really polished while captivating the player. At the end of this cut-scene I was just left thinking, "Really?" That is how you end the story of someone that I've invested my time into for 5 games? Panning and zooming across static artwork? They had a massive chance to tug at some heart strings and didn't use it at all. His dad was right there, who he hasn't gotten along with. They could have settled their differences for the past or something. It just felt really bland, not to mention emotionless, for a main character's death.

I must be the only person that thought that Conner was the worst Character of the whole series. He acted like a pissed off child the entire game and seemed to never wrap his head around the whole Assassins vs. Templars thing. There was also no real sense of his development as a character, or an Assassin, like with Ezio in the AC2. I almost felt like I was watching a Twilight movie with his pissed off emo vibe. For me the Characters go Altair < Ezio > Conner.

I'm not even getting into the ADHD style gameplay either. What ever happened to assassinating Templars?

I agree with you 1000000000%
The game was good, the locations, the new elements, the story and everything was perfectly done yet the frame rate lags were a distraction, a big distraction that's about programing not to mention several graphical bugs and low resolution grass that looks like two pictures with 90 degrees angle between them LOL.

When it comes to the characters, the trailers and the first few sequences made it feel like it's gonna get really long and big but how soon the whole story ended and the ending was too mediocre and a silly way to end a character we've spend 5 games with. I hope for CGI or at least some compelling music and directing that makes the scene look more cinematic, dramatic and effective. It's was like "Okay, if you touch this, you do but save the world and June will enslave the people and if not, the world will go down and you'll be considered some sort of hero and later a God so what do you want?" Desmond: "The decisions been made, there's no time, go far away" *touches the pedestal and falls* like seriously? couldn't his father jump and try to sacrifice himself for him? anyone try to pull him? Minerva screams or something? some longer theme at least to show what was happening?

By far, Revelation has the best ending followed by ACII and Brotherhood. I kinda saw it coming that Desmond's gonna die and I wasn't too happy about the idea as I can't imagine another protagonist and another purpose for a new protagonist and story AFTER 12.21.12 but that isn't my problem now. Desmond can die but at least in a scene that makes you feel what's going on not just see someone touch a ball and fall. The scene of Desmond using the Apple to kill Warren and the guards and hugs his father made me applause for it in my room but this one I was like "C'mon Ubisoft. I thought this will reflect how "big" thing project was since you kept saying that it's your biggest while so far Revelations, ACII and Brotherhood look far bigger".

Now back to Connor, I liked him, really really liked him and I could sympathize with him and he played a great role but the part when he met his dad was so weak like how the hell did they know each other? at least make it more surprising. Also the part when he kills his dad wasn't really as strong as it should've been. He was a great character but in no way better than Ezio. Also, he didn't feel like an assassin much and I don't have a problem with that cause the game changed a bit of elements, showing us different lifestyles of assassins and it was ok. I can say that the first half of the game of Connor was much stronger than the last parts, as the latter seemed rushed a little bit and on the box it says "Sexual Themes" so I thought there will be a love interest for either the father or Connor or even Desmond but non of that happened at all, just Ziio whom Haytham kissed briefly while the camera is far so is that sexual? lmao.

mlazun
11-01-2012, 03:46 PM
i dont think they time traveled in body form. i think its more like far seering the future, and then calculating all posibilities. they have the sixth sense after all...

POP1Fan
11-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow.. Far from hating it.. I'm actually loving this. xD Am I the only one here who feels that way? :/

No, I love it too. If anything, it's presentation is kinda lacking, since all this happens in a couple of minutes, but the idea it's awesome, it's a twist and (if you like Desmond, like me) kinda sad.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Well I'm kinda ambivalent towards him honestly.. I don't hate him, but I don't love him either..

xXRyzonXx
11-01-2012, 04:31 PM
It feels like i'm the only one who loved the ending.. I thought it was good.. and it set up an interesting plot for the next games ;)

MRNMRSPACER
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Well I'm kinda ambivalent towards him honestly.. I don't hate him, but I don't love him either..
yeah like...eh....like i said i didnt really connect with him..but i did with people on the homestead and his dad....idk...something about him...

It feels like i'm the only one who loved the ending.. I thought it was good.. and it set up an interesting plot for the next games ;)
yes it sets up a interesting plot....but still...after everything....wasnt the epic conclusion i was hoping for...more of a WTF type thing

Nightmare8767
11-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Liking the ending or not, we have to actually give credit to Ubi for making a Twist that wasn't really predictable by nowadays standards lol

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
WTF seems to go hand-to-hand with most AC endings lol. Well I haven't played the game yet (PC guy here) but I watched the ending video, since I was worried it'd turn out to be another ME3. having spoiled myself, I must say I like the idea! and I'm quite excited to actually play through the thing.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Liking the ending or not, we have to actually give credit to Ubi for making a Twist that wasn't really predictable by nowadays standards lol

In fact I would have hated it if they went with the cliched ride into sunset ending.. hate 'em. You simply don't stop a global catastrophe that easy. I'm more comfortable with darker endings, where everything isn't made apparent to you right off the bat. It makes you think them over and over and I love that. Different strokes for different people I guess..

POP1Fan
11-01-2012, 06:04 PM

WROOOONG!!
I love it too!

thejoshknight
11-01-2012, 07:06 PM
First, AC as a whole seems to be about the big picture story rather than the individual characters. Desmond, Lucy, Vidic, and Daniel Cross were all killed to advance the plot, even though they were the most well known characters in the game.

Second, the ending does make sense. As you know, Minerva had been working to bring Desmond to the temple for centuries. She knew that he could save the world there. What she didn't know was that Juno was not only alive, but trapped in the temple. She didn't know her only method of saving the world would result in Juno's release and dominion over the humans. If Juno wasn't there, it would have all worked out wonderfully.

But, Juno was. And Minerva realized that while the Templars and Assassins fought, they had run out of time. There was no time to figure out any other way to save the planet. It was either the temple or nothing. So, Minerva decided that it would be better to let the world burn again as opposed to releasing Juno. Desmond didn't see it that way, so he touched the pedestal, saved the planet, and died. And also released Juno, setting up the next few games.

Juno was plotting for her release the entire series. Telling Clay that Lucy was a templar, and then killing Lucy to ensure that she wouldn't steal the apple which would make Desmond's getting in the temple impossible was for her release. Every time she talked to desmond, it was to push him towards the temple. She is the main villian of the series, and the templars are just a sub-plot.

NinjaOnFire
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
What.The.Fat.****.
Did Desmond just.....
Is Desmond a bad guy now?

Edi: Also, went back to dashboard to skip the credits and now I have to do the last bit again.

thejoshknight
11-01-2012, 10:21 PM
What.The.Fat.****.
Did Desmond just.....
Is Desmond a bad guy now?

Edi: Also, went back to dashboard to skip the credits and now I have to do the last bit again.

No. He saved the world.

If he hadn't, the world would have been destroyed. He and the others would have rebuilt, but Desmond's teachings would be corrupted and the world would be just as evil. Does nobody actually watch the ending before posting about it?

gileadkid
11-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm only ruining the game for you if you allow me to ruin the game for you. The two [SPOILER] tags in the title should have kinda warned you about... hmm, I dunno... warned you about spoilers maybe?

It's your responsibility to make sure you see no spoilers. I made it quite easy for you to recognize my spoiler-filled thread however at the end of the day it is your weakness. You're mental weakness that made you look at it. You are weak and have no one else to blame but yourself.

I'm sorry if I somehow tempted your weak mind to look at spoilers, but next time you'll know that when there's [SPOILER] in the title, the thread might spoil the game for you.

For real. It isn't like he said in the title: READ THIS NOW. TOTALLY NO SPOILERS INSIDE, I PROMISE. Idiot.

Bigodon
11-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Rush + lazy to do decent cinematics = this

This is sooooooo su ck s
AC For me lost its magic, there are no more templars, no more maconic/secret society, no more epic pieces of eden, no more great story background, no need to use animus anymore, no need to look at the past

they just bone the franchise?
maybe people can still using animus to get clues in past for tracking a way to stop the slavery started by juno.

But i'm losing hope :/

NinjaOnFire
11-02-2012, 01:13 AM
No. He saved the world.

If he hadn't, the world would have been destroyed. He and the others would have rebuilt, but Desmond's teachings would be corrupted and the world would be just as evil. Does nobody actually watch the ending before posting about it?

He also allowed a psychopath to rule the world by doing it, a world which would have been crippled (not destroyed) if he had walked away.

EscoBlades
11-02-2012, 02:35 AM
My thoughts on the ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZueeBqoHoo

thejoshknight
11-02-2012, 03:26 AM
He also allowed a psychopath to rule the world by doing it, a world which would have been crippled (not destroyed) if he had walked away.

Again, people seem to be missing crucial parts of it ;)

Juno showed Desmond that if he let the world burn, than he would survive and be a good, kind leader who taught good things. But, his people would eventually twist his words to evil, making the world no better than it had become in it's current state. Desmond evidently decided that combined with the death of billions would be worse than releasing Juno.

Second, Juno will not rule the world. I 100 % promise you that. Desmond himself has the intention of saving the world in order to give people a chance to fight Juno. And, not story related, but the next few games are probably going to be a new main character fighting Juno. The series isn't over, only Desmond's arc.

Layytez
11-02-2012, 03:50 AM
"They must all suffer as we suffered" Jesus I wish I had noticed quicker.

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 04:08 AM

Altair: There were some.. complications.
Al-Mualim: Isn't there always? It's our job to adjust.

It's what Desmond did.

tjbyrum1
11-02-2012, 04:09 AM
I just finished the game, and it makes me wonder...

Is Desmond dead?

"Woah, who the **** is this guy?'

Just calm down. Sure, it was said he would die, and sure it clearly looked like he died, and it's obvious that he probably did, but a glimmer of hope yet remains in me. What is consciousness if not but sparks in a vessel... yada yada yada... says Juno, someone correct that phrase please. Anyway, she was talking about another 'vessel' in which a consciousness could live on in, but it 'failed' or something, I forget the details and dialogue, but I remember the gist of it. Could Desmond's consciousness - accesible by placing him in an Animus (not sure if dead bodies would work) be programmed into this 'vessel' Juno spoke of?

Could it also be that perhaps Desmond could be revived, perhaps using an Piece of Eden? If I recall correctly, the Shroud of Turin (a PoE last I checked) was used to bring Jesus Christ back to life after his apparent death. Could the same not be used for Desmond?

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Rush + lazy to do decent cinematics = this

This is sooooooo su ck s
AC For me lost its magic, there are no more templars, no more maconic/secret society, no more epic pieces of eden, no more great story background, no need to use animus anymore, no need to look at the past

they just bone the franchise?
maybe people can still using animus to get clues in past for tracking a way to stop the slavery started by juno.

But i'm losing hope :/

There will ALWAYS be an excuse to go back in past and explore old places and characters. The soul of AC lies in the past, not present-day Assassins and the devs know it. They'll sure find a good enough excuse for someone to use the Animus again.

AssassinVenice
11-02-2012, 05:05 AM
I loved the ending, for some reason...
Well boys and girls, you should know by now that AC means cliffhanger!
I wanna see the Templars & Assassins unite to fight the First Civ (Juno).

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 08:01 AM
The Shroud of Turin doesnt work well on dead people. It animates them for a little while but they cant even talk, the Assassins in ancient Rome tried to revive Brutus after his death and it didnt revive him. He was very important to the Assassins because they all cried when they witnessed it fail.

It cures deformations though, like Cesare's bastard son who his sister gave birth to.

The Shroud can also destroy bodies and turn them into dust like they did to i believe it was Niccola or some guy i forgot his name. its in the Facebook game lol

infamous_ezio
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM
So, has no one even wandered about eve? I thought her DNA was the key,...

Source: subject 16 truth from ACB

EscoBlades
11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
So, has no one even wandered about eve? I thought her DNA was the key,...

Source: subject 16 truth from ACB

I explained in my video....Eve = Juno.

KiShiDo
11-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I still don't understand how Juno could be "alive" and released while Minerva, who is in the ending as well... NOT

Same for Jupiter...

EscoBlades
11-02-2012, 02:03 PM
I still don't understand how Juno could be "alive" and released while Minerva, who is in the ending as well... NOT

Same for Jupiter...

Juno uploaded herself to the First Civ machinery in the Grand Temple after her apparent death at the hands of Minerva and Tinia. The other two had been sending messages to Desmond across time once they discovered Juno's betrayal in their time. Humans were engineered (by the First Civ) to be receptive by design to the data that could be transmitted by Pieces of Eden. As such, Juno was able to communicate with a suitable subject once they were within range of a Piece of Eden, which acted as the receiver of the data she wanted to send.

KiShiDo
11-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I do not understand a single thing. I watched this ending and ever got this

Layytez
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
This is how I see it. What Juno created to release herself and save the world was the remains of what Minerva and Jupiter created. If she was actually dead Desmond could still save the world without Juno being released by finished the work of the machine.

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I explained in my video....Eve = Juno.

Did you play Assassins Creed Liberation? The ending to that seems to show otherwise. The First Civ were talking to a man,, and this was part of the conversation

"Eve will lead us through War of Generations. There will be great sacrifice, great sorrow to end the enslavement of the human race.". Then they said "Now is the time to claim our freedom, are you with us?" and the man said "I am."

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
This is how I see it. What Juno created to release herself and save the world was the remains of what Minerva and Jupiter created. If she was actually dead Desmond could still save the world without Juno being released by finished the work of the machine.

Rebecca tells Shaun that something is in the temple. Shaun never listens, he dismisses what she says.

EscoBlades
11-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Did you play Assassins Creed Liberation? The ending to that seems to show otherwise. The First Civ were talking to a man,, and this was part of the conversation

"Eve will lead us through War of Generations. There will be great sacrifice, great sorrow to end the enslavement of the human race.". Then they said "Now is the time to claim our freedom, are you with us?" and the man said "I am."

That doesn't negate the fact that Juno could be Eve. The great sacrifice was Desmond, on his assumption that Juno would save the world from the Catastrophe, but enslave mankind in the process. The great sorrow would be the mourning of Desmond and the years of servitude.

Also there were 3 figures at the end of Liberation, one of which was male. Liberation is also told from an Abstergo standpoint as propoganda.

Eurostar7
11-03-2012, 12:33 AM
I dont know, in The Truth video they clearly show Adam and Eve, they were the first Assassins. The First Civ mingled with the humans and gave birth to Adam and Eve, in The Truth they were called by name.

EscoBlades
11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
I dont know, in The Truth video they clearly show Adam and Eve, they were the first Assassins. The First Civ mingled with the humans and gave birth to Adam and Eve, in The Truth they were called by name.

In the context of Juno's manipulation of people and events, she is the "Eve" referenced.

KrizZy420
11-03-2012, 01:46 AM
I am having problems on the 360 everytime I fast travel or get out of a loading screen the game keeps saying aquired weapon one, aquired shard of eden, citizen mission item aquired. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is my game just gltiched or a patch put out?

Perman_Perman
11-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Well, I just finished the game and I have to say, Ubisoft did a great job with the game- except the ending. I liked the small parts of the game when you got the chance to play as Desmond. I hoped or expected that we were going to play as Desmond even more during the game but no, Instead we got a crappy ending where the "ultimate assassin" (Desmond) dies and we get no closure at all.

Why couldn't you just let him live so we would have given the chance of being able to play as Desmond (present time) and be this Ultimate Assassin? seriously Ubisoft, stop making these cliffhangers and just make an ending that is memorable and gives the players the feeling of actually wanna play the series from the begnning again. I have the exact same feeling when I finished ME:3. "wtf was that?. Is this what we get after spending a lot of money and time into these games?

Well, well... I loved every minute of the game (except the ending) :)

BlackRose1809
11-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Well, I just finished the game and I have to say, Ubisoft did a great job with the game- except the ending. I liked the small parts of the game when you got the chance to play as Desmond. I hoped or expected that we were going to play as Desmond even more during the game but no, Instead we got a crappy ending where the "ultimate assassin" (Desmond) dies and we get no closure at all.

Why couldn't you just let him live so we would have given the chance of being able to play as Desmond (present time) and be this Ultimate Assassin? seriously Ubisoft, stop making these cliffhangers and just make an ending that is memorable and gives the players the feeling of actually wanna play the series from the begnning again. I have the exact same feeling when I finished ME:3. "wtf was that?. Is this what we get after spending a lot of money and time into these games?

Well, well... I loved every minute of the game (except the ending) :)

For me... it's like how certain are we that he died? I mean yes we saw him collapse and saw Juno come on and say, "Well done Desmond, now it's my turn to do my job" and that's that. Then we are back in the Animus and hear this voice talking about the pivots.... okay. So the questions them come to mind:

Did Desmond really die?
If so, who are we in the animus now?
And who is this voice?

while yeah the ending was pretty bad, I don't think he died.

thejoshknight
11-03-2012, 03:40 AM
He's dead. Why would you not think he's dead?

Juno tell's him he's going to die. His father know's he's going to die. He touches the orb, you see him die. The developers have said his story is over. You pretty much knew he was going to die weeks before the game launched.

I mean, there isn't really a shred of logical evidence that suggests he could be alive. And I was a big proponent of a theory that Lucy could be brought back or not dead, but alas, she wasn't, and I think her death was much less clear then desmond's.

BlackRose1809
11-03-2012, 03:54 AM
He's dead. Why would you not think he's dead?

Juno tell's him he's going to die. His father know's he's going to die. He touches the orb, you see him die. The developers have said his story is over. You pretty much knew he was going to die weeks before the game launched.

I mean, there isn't really a shred of logical evidence that suggests he could be alive. And I was a big proponent of a theory that Lucy could be brought back or not dead, but alas, she wasn't, and I think her death was much less clear then desmond's.

Well because we are back in the animus and I didn't hear anything about him going to die. All I saw was him getting bright and collapsing. Unless I'm missing something... but Idk.

His story may be over, but does that mean that he doesn't have to be shown at all. He could be in the temple in some weird non-physical way. and we just play the game as the ancestor, or he can be shown like Clay, could be dead but is in the animus.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Ubisoft, stop making these cliffhangers and just make an ending that is memorable and gives the players the feeling of actually wanna play the series from the begnning again.

Whats the problem with playing the series again? I'm playing it again right now, just started AC1. :/

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 03:42 AM
Wish i never played the game.
It ruined the entire assassin's creed universe vibe for me.

Thanks a lot.

The ending doesn't make sense at all.
Where was Eve?! Why did they show the female symbol at the end of ACR? Why did Juno say that only she remains to be found?
What about TWCB looking less detailed in AC3 than in previous games and with crappier voice effects? (almost no effects at all).

I think the part of where Juno shows what could happen when he refuses to put his hand on "the thing" was supposed to be the real ending, when they were planning on making 3 AC games. I think Desmond had to go into some kind of device with Lucy (Kristen Bell signed for 3 AC games. That's why she left at the end of AC:Brotherhood) that saved them from the solar flare, create a new civilization and become "gods" or TWCB themselves again and create a loop.

This was my last AC game.

R.I.P. Assassin's creed.
You once were a brilliant game.

http://runluaurun.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/rip.gif

Saphriel
11-04-2012, 05:49 AM
I've always loved the Assassins Creed series and I made sure to beat it just for the story (one of the story freaks here). I fell in love with the parts where I got to play Desmond. I finally felt close to the character and was able to prove my existence as the "ultimate assassin". I didn't much enjoy the character Connor but no one can deny how good his story was. I didn't like that he continued to act like a child in adulthood, hoping the old man would make him the silent predator all assassins we've played before him were. The arrogant yet stoic Altair, the suave and elegant Ezio who made being an assassin almost poetic, then there was Connor.

I enjoyed being more brutal of a stalker and loved how creative the Ubisoft team got with his manner of killing and fighting. Though Connors appearance looks a lot different from the images and advertisements seen. You could hardly tell he's of half blood or apart of the Altair lineage (finding the features different and the iconic lip scar.) From the advertisements and pre-release images; he looks like a scruffier version of Altair in my opinion. While his appearance isn't too important though, I find the character constantly straying from how Assassins SHOULD act and how he really acts being from a savage hunter to just... an annoying child who should have been spanked more as a child. Though if they did this on purpose is up to the team. My real problem is the ending.

After finally feeling close to Desmond and funny experiencing what it means to be the ultimate assassin and feeling modern day through an assassins mind; it's disappointing that the ending happened this way. The team talked about his story going on for too long; yet we never had the chance to fully experience the character. In AC1 we were stuck in a room all day, AC2 I finally got to punch (and stab at the end) people and climb about on metal walls as Desmond. Brotherhood I had gotten a nice taste of the growing possible romance of Lucy and Desmond. Then that ended tragically at the end of Revelations. To finally go out and sneak through crowds, fight, and experience the awesome chemistry that was the modern day Assassins Brotherhood team was a nice refresher from the usual olden day fighting and story that got a bit boring at times. In my opinion what made this franchise so great is the incredible fighting, challenging (at times) yet rewarding puzzles that give you cool armor, olden day scenery (Rome, that is all), characters, and the modern day plot of learning how the brotherhood is doing in 2012.

I was honestly hoping that the next game I could finally play the modern day like I did the olden day. More modern assassins and tools, traveling the world and jumping about bigger skyscrapers and fighting abstergo while in the search of relics and bolstering the brotherhoods ranks, then going to the animus and doing the same for an Assassin but using the current assassins location as a guide for where desmond should go. Thinking about finding Juno and killing her seems kind of distant too me. The new protagonist in the modern day would only seem like a pale image of what was once there. Desmond was a funny guy with the promise of going back to his father, possible romance with Rebecca (That vacation ;D) and continue the fight for freedom and against templars if need be. But instead we see the newly risen character finally getting the spotlight die and AC losing that luster that i've held onto.

In my opinion; AC should of ended with Desmond learning how Juno was corrupt and created the orb to end it all and bring her back (as originally intended) but instead Minerva intervenes and states that Lucy's death had also fueled a machine of her own similar to Junos, came back and sacrificed herself to save the world. Then after Minerva had done this, the Great Temple would collapse, the team escaping only with the data core of the animus that holds the information they stored from Desmonds sessions. After which, if Ubisoft wanted a reason to continue the franchise which I would no doubt love, Desmond returns home and is reunited with his mother. He then goes on that "vacation" Rebecca mentions and they eventually fall for each other. (Therefore you have your child and the security of Desmonds bloodline) Then from there, he does just as Ezio did while closing in on his final days. He begins searching for the vaults that hold the remaining pieces of Eden, hoping to destroy or keep them away from the templars grasp, as Vidic's death didn't do much (as explained by papa Miles) From there we use an Assassin (or Assassins if Ubisoft wished) to discover the vaults locations. From there the ultimate assassin collects the pieces of Eden and keeps them from ever being in the use of Templars; keeping them from every truly gaining control. From there you could make it so that you finish off the templars and finally have the ending Assassins Creed gamers deserve. No more strange robot people, no more apocolyptic stuff, just finishing the series the way its needed to end. Hampering the Templar control, then defeating them forever with the Brotherhood on top. Desmond miles being the TRUE chosen one instead of a gimmick to bring some pissed off chick back and ending the series and one of my favorite characters EVER storyline.

maxerx180
11-04-2012, 07:56 AM
After taking my time I finally completed the game and I don't even now what to say. Hell I don't even know how to feel about it. I'll just say this he's not dead; I don't care what anybody says.

freed0m336
11-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Wow, great job Ubisoft.. great ****ing job. Didn't think anyone can trump Bioware in making the worst ending ever but I was wrong. Five games and six years this is what I get?! Brilliant.
I had preordered the PC version 3 months ago, but after seeing the ending on youtube today I cancelled it. Thanks for saving my money. RIP AC. You guys managed to kill off another great franchise.

BlackRose1809
11-04-2012, 11:57 AM
After taking my time I finally completed the game and I don't even now what to say. Hell I don't even know how to feel about it. I'll just say this he's not dead; I don't care what anybody says.

Same here... I don't think he died... or maybe he has but we still get to see him...

Apirka
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
IMO, the ending was rubbish. The past storyline went downhill the moment Connor and Haytham split up after Haytham revealed who is actually endangering Connor's village, and the modern day story followed suit. It's really rare that a sequel disappoints me this much (I mean, come one, I like Dragon age 2) but AC3 actually managed. Meh.

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM

*sigh* This again?

People said the same about Lucy when she got stabbed and we know how that turned out.

Crucify Lucifer
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Are people seriously mad just because it wasn't a happy ending? I personally loved what they did at the end. They could have saved the explanation for after Desmond activated the artifact for a BIGGER surprise, but over all I thought it was well done. And I was personally pleased when I found out part of my prediction the week before release was right :>.

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Are people seriously mad just because it wasn't a happy ending? I personally loved what they did at the end. They could have saved the explanation for after Desmond activated the artifact for a BIGGER surprise, but over all I thought it was well done. And I was personally pleased when I found out part of my prediction the week before release was right :>.

Dude. We don't want a happy ending.

It's just that they flushed all the cryptic messages and mystery from previous games through the toilet.
And not only that. A lot of stuff simply doesn't make any sense anymore.

Have you even played all the previous AC games?

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 01:44 PM

Probably. lets put it this way, there would be less butthurt fans had Desmond lives. Many comments I see here, youtube and facebook always include stuff like "you killed Desmond you *****, after he finally became Master Assassin bla bla bla..

Crucify Lucifer
11-04-2012, 01:51 PM

It's just that they flushed all the cryptic messages and mystery from previous games through the toilet.

I certainly have, thoroughly in fact. I actually have several questions as well, but they have set this up to continue, no doubt about it. They said that this was the end of Desmond's story, not necessarily the end of the entire story. Each ancestor is proof that despite their impact on the world, life goes on and so does the battle. Perhaps several of those questions will be answered in the next major installment.

I just don't get this whole "Desmond dead failed ending" mumbo jumbo I've been reading.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 01:58 PM
They haven't contradicted anything from the past games. True, they left many questions unanswered, but there are still ore games to come. Something left for them.

ACfan443
11-04-2012, 02:37 PM

This x1000000000000000

Upon completing the game, I don't even know what to say. So upset. I was longing for answers to all those mysteries, there was no decent and epic battle between Desmond and Abstergo to stop the satellite launch, just an email from Shaun. Flashbacks from all the previous games are running through my head, remembering the day when I picked up AC1 and was totally mesmerised by the whole 2012 plot. I was expecting so much more, yet this 'big game' delivered so little.

F4H bandicoot
11-04-2012, 02:59 PM
This x1000000000000000

Upon completing the game, I don't even know what to say. So upset. I was longing for answers to all those mysteries, there was no decent and epic battle between Desmond and Abstergo to stop the satellite launch, just an email from Shaun. Flashbacks from all the previous games are running through my head, remembering the day when I picked up AC1 and was totally mesmerised by the whole 2012 plot. I was expecting so much more, yet this 'big game' delivered so little.

We are told Desmond knew the launch would fail, why try and stop it??

I thought the ending was cleverly done, it's not a standard ending. A lot of what happens in the modern day points to it. Juno tells us to go to the temple and 'find her'. Who is 'her'?? Juno obviously. Minerva never told us to go, just stop the apocalypse. Lots of stuff points to Juno manipulating throughout history. Desmond would never free Juno, if she hadn't put Connor on the path she did for instance.
It's no ME3 ending, let me tell you that.
As far as am concerned, it's a cleverly done, hinted at, ending.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Minerva never told us to go, just stop the apocalypse.

Riiight. Just remembered it now.. Wow xD

Bigodon
11-04-2012, 04:21 PM
i don't think they will do another AC game in a so shorty time
we probably have to wait 2 years or so to see whats going on, probably the nextgen will be here in our homes with stunning shinny graphics, possibilities and etc

BUT... there is something can be done in this time to calm everyone down

A CGI movie, like they did in AC Lineage or especially talking about AC Embers
Desmond died? okay the rest of crew didn't and his father still alive to tell us what is going on

I would pay 1600 microsoft points on xboxlive for a full hd cgi movie with 45minutes that please me more than this ending, we need mysteries and plot holes covered, too much was left behind with not a single fair explanation :mad:

Layytez
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
So basically we are fighting Juno now. Now has to be the time for us to dial the animus way back to adam and eves time in order to find out how to beat her. If not, then mentioning them was a waste of time since they had no contribution to the story. You would think that Desmond would have a speech ready for Vidic for what he has done to him before he killed him ? I want a Adam and Eve DLC for some closure.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
So basically we are fighting Juno now. Now has to be the time for us to dial the animus way back to adam and eves time in order to find out how to beat her. If not, then mentioning them was a waste of time since they had no contribution to the story. You would think that Desmond would have a speech ready for Vidic for what he has done to him before he killed him ? I want a Adam and Eve DLC for some closure.

I think that's a good material for AC IV.. play as Ada or Eve in first civilization cities xD

maxerx180
11-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Maybe Desmond became like Juno and is now traped in the temple. Also he could live on in someone elses body like Clay proposed in Revelations.

lodylody
11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
After watching the Liberation ending I am so confused... are there any other First Civ references in it? And is this referencing to the "first" War of Generations... or the one which will hopefully happen after Desmond is killed?

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I think after..

lodylody
11-04-2012, 06:59 PM
*rips out hair* I might be able to make sense of it once I've completed the game, but what I can see from the ending? Eve makes NO SENSE. Juno cannot be Eve. Eve could be the amulet? But the amulet isn't an amulet, we SAW Eve in AC2! But that would mean that it would be before and not after. Her DNA is the key... the key to what? If it isn't the key through the door, since that was the amulet, what? And where is Eden, because that sure as hell didn't look like it.

But wait, in AC3 do we go to somewhere that could be Eden?

So many Q's... :( Liberation just adds so many more D:

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Eve is metaphorical.. I don't think it refers to the actual Eve.

do-_-bu
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
it was short i thought there would some twist ending like in other ac games but no
i think ubisoft should scrap this game and make a proper game this one sucked i want my money back and my time

Layytez
11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
This ending solidified for me that they really don't care about satisfying fans as much as they do for making sure they can make another game. This ending was not for us die hard fans but for them to able to make more games. It's been 3 years since Adam and Eve were brought up and NOTHING HAS BEEN EXPLAINED. Now i'm even more eager and inpatient for the next game because I wanna see what bs they can come up with now.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
it was short i thought there would some twist ending like in other ac games but no
i think ubisoft should scrap this game and make a proper game this one sucked i want my money back and my time

There is a thread for a revamped ending you should probably sign that XD

freddie_1897
11-04-2012, 07:27 PM
mass effect 3 ending: you die, everyone is stuck on earth. eventually everyone will die

Assassins creed 3 ending: you die but save the world. opens up a new storyline, possibly of the templars teaming up with Juno and you having to fight them, that could be really epic.

i hardly see how it's as bad as the mass effect 3 ending. the mass effect 3 ending had no satisfaction that you'd done anything right. you did everything. but everyone will die in the end anyway. with the assassins creed 3 ending, it was bad. but you kind of have to look in the future for it. the ending isn't good at present. but it leaves it very open ended with an epic storyline to be told.

Layytez
11-04-2012, 07:28 PM
With everyone being controlled they are practically as good as dead. I bet we will travel the world for those that cannot be controlled via POE while at the same time Juno is seeking them out and killing them. And on top of that we go into the animus and dial back to Adam and Eves time to find out how to best her.

lodylody
11-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Except from William Miles and the others with an abnormally high concentration of First Civilisation genes who'll be able to resist the P.O.E's. 1 in every 10 million, it says somewhere.

AC4 could be SO good if it finally gave us answers, like this whole Eve thing, and the plot holes...

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Except from William Miles and the others with an abnormally high concentration of First Civilisation genes who'll be able to resist the P.O.E's. 1 in every 10 million, it says somewhere.

AC4 could be SO good if it finally gave us answers, like this whole Eve thing, and the plot holes...

That is what we thought for AC III! They will again hang you on a cliffhanger to make way for 6-7 more games XD

Muppetmad
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Well, I've just finished the game and I have to say I feel empty. The storyline essentially suggests that Ezio's life was sacrificed for nothing. I was expecting answers, but simply am still waiting for them.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Well, I've just finished the game and I have to say I feel empty. The storyline essentially suggests that Ezio's life was sacrificed for nothing. I was expecting answers, but simply am still waiting for them.

If they gave you all the answers they couldn't make more games can they? :P

Muppetmad
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM

True, but some answers - and a few more questions to answer in future games - would have been nice. As has been discussed here already, what is the role of Adam and Eve? More pertinently though, what was the point of Ezio's storyline?

Layytez
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM

Not all the answers. If you bring something up I would expect you not to drop it 3 years later.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Err.. let me rephrase myself: If they gave you all the answers they couldn't tag their fans along in hope for answers and making truckloads of money can they? XD

Apirka
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Err.. let me rephrase myself: If they gave you all the answers they couldn't tag their fans along in hope for answers and making truckloads of money can they? XD

How about new questions? A mystery gets boring if it's too long before anything even remotely resembling an answer is given. Had AC3 given us a sufficient amount of new information regarding all these questions or even answered some and made new ones to make up for it, it would have been a far more satisfying ending. As it is, it's disappointing and, imho, discourages further interest, because really, why should I care about the next game? Chances are, they won't answer anything there either, just like they barely answered anything in Revelations, and now in AC3.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
How about new questions? A mystery gets boring if it's too long before anything even remotely resembling an answer is given. Had AC3 given us a sufficient amount of new information regarding all these questions or even answered some and made new ones to make up for it, it would have been a far more satisfying ending. As it is, it's disappointing and, imho, discourages further interest, because really, why should I care about the next game? Chances are, they won't answer anything there either, just like they barely answered anything in Revelations, and now in AC3.

Thats what I'm trying to say. Ubisoft is on a quest to make as much money as possible. Fan satisfaction doesn't mean a thing to them.

Apirka
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Thats what I'm trying to say. Ubisoft is on a quest to make as much money as possible. Fan satisfaction doesn't mean a thing to them.

But eventually fans will be fed up with them. Just look at what happened with ME3 -- and considering that that affair is all over the Interent and I'd heard of it even before I played any Bioware game, I doubt that it'd be good for Ubi's reputation.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
But eventually fans will be fed up with them. Just look at what happened with ME3 -- and considering that that affair is all over the Interent and I'd heard of it even before I played any Bioware game, I doubt that it'd be good for Ubi's reputation.

Well I hope fans see through Ubi's plans too and leave them for good. Exactly like what happened to Bioware. I was under the impression Ubisoft was better than Bioware/EA, apparently they are not.

Apirka
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Well I hope fans see through Ubi's plans too and leave them for good. Exactly like what happened to Bioware. I was under the impression Ubisoft was better than Bioware/EA, apparently they are not.

Well, considering that I do play Bioware games... <.< But mainly DA, and I'm one of those that didn't dislike DA2. But yeah, I'll think twice about preordering a special edition next time (no matter how pretty might be), considering that I spent €80 on the game just to seriously consider just leaving it and looking up the ending on the internet yesterday night (and now I've hunted down those pivots... I swear, it's just so I can use the Hacks to make Haytham the biggest badass in the whole franchise. He's the best thing about the game for me.)

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I haven't even got the game yet XD probably never will, saw the ending on Youtube and realised the biggest twist at the end of ACIII is Ubisoft intends to string fan's hopes and just make money.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Shame, as you are missing out on a great game.

But

That's down to you.

lodylody
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
That is what we thought for AC III! They will again hang you on a cliffhanger to make way for 6-7 more games XD
I would've been fine with the whole Juno cliffhanger but ONLY IF they closed all other doors, so that you had all answers. Then venture into a new section, with the first closed. This feels like we're going into a new world with unfinished plotlines from the old one... too many. :(

Muppetmad
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
I would've been fine with the whole Juno cliffhanger but ONLY IF they closed all other doors, so that you had all answers. Then venture into a new section, with the first closed. This feels like we're going into a new world with unfinished plotlines from the old one... too many. :(

Indeed, I feel like there's so many loose ends now that addressing them all would be really difficult and very limiting as to how the storyline can develop. Not addressing them though means that things we've all wanted to know will never be answered.

Donau
11-04-2012, 10:06 PM
While Desmond's death maybe be an upset I don't think its as bad as we think it is.

Forced to kill his love interest, wage a war he wanted nothing to do with. He is a tragic hero who has lived multiple lives. I doubt he is really dead anyway, Juno may have killed his physical form but who is to say he no longer exists in the nexus or somewhere else? He already completed his herculean labors and saved the world, maybe its time for some other demigod hero to step up and stop Juno.

Desmond's story is reminiscent of roman/greek tragedy, by the end of AC3 Desmond has very nearly transcended his demigod status and as such can no longer be a hero, gods doing godly things aren't heroic.

Indeed Desmond losing his physical body, his last mortal constraint, may be Desmond's ascension to "godhood"

lodylody
11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
*sigh* I am really excited for AC4 but will only be satisfied if it cleans up all lose ends. I seriously hope they have a list. And if they don't:

Eve, Eden, DNA, Key... if the theories people have suggested are correct, just find a way of saying it's correct in the game! *shrugs* We want answers. And we want an amazing war against Juno xD Imagine it... Wow. A fresh, current plot!!

F4H bandicoot
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Everyone who is comparing this ending to ME3's ending had either never played ME3, or is a potential idiot.

ME3's ending is much much worse.
I'd explain, but this isn't the BSN.

Apirka
11-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Everyone who is comparing this ending to ME3's ending had either never played ME3, or is a potential idiot.

ME3's ending is much much worse.
I'd explain, but this isn't the BSN.

Does it really matter? If enough people do it, I doubt it will. And yeah, sure, ME3 was worse from what I read (never played it, true), but this was hardly a good ending, at least in my opinion and apparently in that of quite a few others as well.

vI Demon Iv
11-15-2012, 01:15 AM
What's worse... the ending of ME or AC? It's hard to decide. I feel that both had little thought put into them, as if the devs simply didn't care.

I will tell you this Ubi, as I told BioWare... I will never buy another AC after this (ME in the case of BioWare). This was a flat out slap in the face of the people that bought 5 games in a series, anticipating greatness, to be given a turd.

NumberSix1967
11-15-2012, 02:20 AM
The game is boring and empty and the ending is ****. Alas, we move on to next year. try this video review for laughs: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6516-Assassins-Creed-3

pirate1802
11-15-2012, 03:53 AM
What's worse... the ending of ME or AC? It's hard to decide. I feel that both had little thought put into them, as if the devs simply didn't care.

I will tell you this Ubi, as I told BioWare... I will never buy another AC after this (ME in the case of BioWare). This was a flat out slap in the face of the people that bought 5 games in a series, anticipating greatness, to be given a turd.

cya.

yoshiyukily
11-15-2012, 05:20 AM
God, Ubisoft, WHY? The plot twist at the end with Juno could NOT have been more obvious. Her emails were dead giveaways. That doesn't excuse anything. Even if there was footage of the world about to be destroyed and then showing how it just stops, that would have been FAR more acceptable than a shot of the earth with lame voice overs. I sat through however long those credits were with what felt like a dead fish in my hand (my controller), jaw dropped in anger. I felt the exact same way after Mass Effect 3, but at least Bioware gave us the illusion of choice!

Flop storytelling and presentation.

thePhilCasper
11-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I've already seen it, what a disappointment. This game had so much potential but in the end it failed. Terrible. My favorite game franchise has been ruined, instead of having an epic ending they created a massive plot twist just so they can make future games.

Agreed. Ruined.

thePhilCasper
11-19-2012, 07:18 PM

We didnīt want happy ending, happy endings are not realistic and Ubisoft knows that. But they knew that we wanted an epic one, which solves all main conflicts and idea. Itīs called the trilogy and yet the series continue without the change of plot. Desmond died but events after his death will still go on without him until Assassinīs Creed X. And you must admit that dragging 5 years old story even further is just exhausting and people are noticing. And UbiForum is for posting their opinions. And my opinion is that no one keeped Ubisoft from ending whole TWCB, Animus, Artifacts, End of The World and Desmondīs plot and then come with fresh new AC in... I donīt know... 2014??? They could do Assassinīs Creed 4 but I thought it would have brand new story without Juno, Apples and everything else and Ubisoft would return to their basic idea, which is Templars vs. Assassins with new side story and new protagonist. But they have the same story left - only with new protagonist. Ubisoft could do separated stories for each Far Cry and each Splinter Cell (Same idea-Same Protagonist- New Story) but they couldnīt do it in Assassinīs Creed. After all TV series, game series what ended like this and then crashed, Ubisoft still didnīt learn. Ubisoft is afraid of releasing the story which brought the most of fame to them but now it was the highest time to release it. And they will end like many series ended before. Itīs a rubber band. Ubisoft will drag it until it will pop. They should have released that rubber band now and everything would be okay. But now it isnīt. And it isnīt over :(

psf22
11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
We donīt want happy ending, happy endings are not realistic and normal. We wanted an epic one, which solves all main conflicts and idea. Itīs called the trilogy and yet the series continue without the change of plot. You must admit that dragging 5 years old story further still is just exhausting and people are noticing. And UbiForum is for posting their opinions. And my opinion is that no one keeped Ubisoft from ending whole TWCB, Animus, Artifacts, End of The World plot an then come with fresh new AC in... I donīt know... 2014???

This, the execution/directing was severely lacking.

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 07:43 PM
We donīt want happy ending, happy endings are not realistic and normal. We wanted an epic one, which solves all main conflicts and idea. Itīs called the trilogy and yet the series continue without the change of plot.

Without a change of plot?

no one keeped Ubisoft from ending whole TWCB, Animus, Artifacts, End of The World plot an then come with fresh new AC in... I donīt know... 2014???

In other words finishing everything AC related. I see.
I personally am happy they brought TWCB into the fray. Ending the story without hearing more fro them would have been a huge wasted potential.

thePhilCasper
11-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Without a change of plot?

In other words finishing everything AC related. I see.
I personally am happy they brought TWCB into the fray. Ending the story without hearing more fro them would have been a huge wasted potential.

Yes. Without change of plot. TWCB is still there. Animus probably too and Juno told Desmond that if heīll let World to end that what once was... shall be... again. But she will conquer the world. And that was once too. And now shall be again. Whole cyclus will begin anew... Just different cyclus. TWCB was good move from Ubisoft. That we can agree on. But I expected to hear everything from them. And that they would be helpful and theyīll provide emotionally motivation for Desmond. That they will not dissapear in the end and that they will be with Desmond until the end. They left as they said, though. But why do they want to return then? Itīs just starts getting complicated and it should be otherwise. Every story stops breathing if itīs dragged too long. And thatīs what now happening. AC needs radical changes but they only killed off Desmond. Thatīs not so bad. Honestly, I would be wondering if he survived. But they should end whole thing around. And start with something new.

pirate1802
11-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Yes. Without change of plot. TWCB is still there. Animus probably too and Juno told Desmond that if heīll let World to end that what once was... shall be... again. But she will conquer the world. And that was once too. And now shall be again. Whole cyclus will begin anew... Just different cyclus. TWCB was good move from Ubisoft. That we can agree on. But I expected to hear everything from them. And that they would be helpful and theyīll provide emotionally motivation for Desmond. That they will not dissapear in the end and that they will be with Desmond until the end. They left as they said, though. But why do they want to return then? Itīs just starts getting complicated and it should be otherwise. Every story stops breathing if itīs dragged too long. And thatīs what now happening. AC needs radical changes but they only killed off Desmond. Thatīs not so bad. Honestly, I would be wondering if he survived. But they should end whole thing around. And start with something new.

2012 is not a threat anymore. As far as I'm concerned, its a new plot with a new enemy. It just continues directly from the previous plot.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it only Juno (and maybe some of her friends) who want to reconquer humans? I don't think all TWCB across the board are bad.

thePhilCasper
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
2012 is not a threat anymore. As far as I'm concerned, its a new plot with a new enemy. It just continues directly from the previous plot.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it only Juno (and maybe some of her friends) who want to reconquer humans? I don't think all TWCB across the board are bad.

Others left and Juno will probably use the Apple to make their own soldiers... She wouldnīt be so stupid to make soldiers with opposite mind to hers...

pirate1802
11-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Others left and Juno will probably use the Apple to make their own soldiers... She wouldnīt be so stupid to make soldiers with opposite mind to hers...

Probably.

thePhilCasper
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Probably.

And so, Ubisoft finds itself in the darkest corner of the room.

pirate1802
11-24-2012, 03:36 AM
And so, Ubisoft finds itself in the darkest corner of the room.

Not necessarily. The storyline is poised to turn to a new direction. I'm excited to see what happens to Earth in the next AC.

thePhilCasper
11-24-2012, 10:19 AM
ACIII ending was far worse than ME3 for me. Everything in AC3 was just great, except for ending. My feeling is that it is so because Ubisoft didnīt see Desmond as we see him. We see him as the main character and the savior of Earth. Ubisoft sees/was seeing him only as a tool to make new games and just a useless boy. But we saw his growing up in his opinions and ambitions since AC1. And we saw his changes from "the captured boy" to "assassin" with the greatest goal of ages. Desmond has turned from the "boy in Animus" to main character of AC Series after ACB because he understood his destiny which he failed to escape, at least in my eyes. If Ubisoft want to kill-off Desmond, go ahead. But if you want to kill-off the MAIN CHARACTER (Yes, Desmond became the main character), you must do it with amount of awesomeness. And so in the ending, I excepted Templars finding Desmond in The Grand Temple to complicate things. I was wondering because they didnīt. And I excepted Desmond to be confused in all that chaos an not to have everything clear. It seemed like he had the head of Corey May. He seemed to know what will happen in the end since the beginning. I expected from Desmond to kill Templar main Leader and stop Junoīs plan. To surprise everyone with massive twist using The Apple if he had it (for Christīs sake) or something and sabotage everyoneīs plan, even his own original one. But he just died in 30 seconds without thinking of it by touching the glowing discoball. That ending was supposed to be a conclusive and final one... But Ubisoft changed its mind... Story keeps dragging on. Iīll happily sign the petition if there is going to be one... I made one myself but I got 8 signs during a week... *cough*

gtvarunandi
11-24-2012, 05:12 PM
According to me, what ubisoft tries is to make the ending soooo confusing that we would be tempted to play the next game!!
it always happens to me but they couldnt do better in this one!!

hanno1994
12-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Anyone who gots questions about the ending, watch this video. I first thought the ending of AC 3 sucked to but now I understand it. Can't wait for AC 4. Spoilers for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKhXbTFKE8