PDA

View Full Version : Naval gameplay starting to look like an amazing idea carelessly thrown together...

liv2rok
10-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Been researching this on the web and found a lot of people saying that our fears are becoming reality. Naval gameplay has been said to be nothing more than a couple of hours worth of missions with no free roam capability making it just another one of those things that makes a game look that bit more special before its released but killing it when we play it for ourselves.

Please somebody tell me the speculation is wrong and nobody knows whats going on with it still. I'd prefer no answer to the question than the one we don't want to hear...

there76
10-27-2012, 10:14 PM
I have reading the opposite, that it is one of the best parts of the game.

liv2rok
10-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I have reading the opposite, that it is one of the best parts of the game.

I hope what you've read is right!

Assassin_N111
10-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Been researching this on the web and found a lot of people saying that our fears are becoming reality. Naval gameplay has been said to be nothing more than a couple of hours worth of missions with no free roam capability making it just another one of those things that makes a game look that bit more special before its released but killing it when we play it for ourselves.

Please somebody tell me the speculation is wrong and nobody knows whats going on with it still. I'd prefer no answer to the question than the one we don't want to hear...Shut up

hemza0076
10-27-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm positive the naval gameplay will be awesome, and i'm also sure that you can't name a game that has better naval battles. and you didn't reallly need to open another topic about this, as there is already a topic about this. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720488-Many-suspicions-seem-to-be-correct-about-Naval)

BBALive
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't think the lack of free-roam will detract that much from the quality of the Naval content. The footage I have seen has convinced me that it will be good.

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Hearing about he Naval stuff never really excited me much tbh. Whether it's free-roam or not I don't really care.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:09 PM
I've always thought that the naval stuff was boring (Pun intended)

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 11:09 PM
I swear someone said it was free-roam, not here but on gaf or something.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Does anyone get the pun?

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Does anyone get the pun?

Nope. Enlighten us!

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Naval = belybutton
so im saying I find the belybutton boring:D

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Naval = belybutton
so im saying I find the belybutton boring:D
LMFAO. Are you a real life comedian?;)

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:29 PM
LMFAO. Are you a real life comedian?;)
Nope:D

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Nope:D

Now you're just being modest. One does not simply pull off a pun of that calibre with no comedic background.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Now you're just being modest. One does not simply pull off a pun of that calibre with no comedic background.
One might with a high I.Q, and who practices on the apes at ones school, half the time they don't know what I say.

T.Guywood
10-27-2012, 11:36 PM
One might with a high I.Q, and who practices on the apes at ones school, half the time they don't know what I say.

You're an idiot

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:39 PM
You're an idiot
?, they are apes it's all, Hey bro, hey G, ect, ect, and there bullies, last month they almost broke my leg:(

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
You're an idiot

Bit harsh. XD

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:45 PM
?, they are apes it's all, Hey bro, hey G, ect, ect, and there bullies, last month they almost broke my leg:(

That's not cool. Tell them I said to stop.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:46 PM
That's not cool. Tell them I said to stop.
Grazie, you just got my friend request:D

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Grazie, you just got my friend request:D

I will accept It with great honour.

Eytiri
10-27-2012, 11:49 PM
After finishing the game I can tell you that the naval combat is EXTREMELY fun and could be a game by itself.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:49 PM
I will accept It with great honour.

:D

tjbyrum1
10-27-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't anyone should complain about how bad naval warfare is in an assassin/stealth game in the first place.

It's a miracle it's even there.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't anyone should complain about how bad naval warfare is in an assassin/stealth game in the first place.

It's a miracle it's even there. yes, yes it is

tre289
After finishing the game I can tell you that the naval combat is EXTREMELY fun and could be a game by itself.

May I request an answer to a question then? A friend of mine who hasplayed the game has told me that you are only able to engage in naval stuff during missions, and during side mission content. Whereas other people have said naval stuff is all free-roamable. I would very much like to know how this works.

I am hoping my friend is wrong, because I would very much like to be able to access the naval stuff whenever I want and freely sail around areas of the sea without being bound to a mission, or a side mission.

Would you be able to provide an answer?

UrDeviant1
Really? cause In the other thread you just said you haven't played many naval missions :confused:

Eytiri
10-27-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm seriously wondering how anyone could bad mouth the naval combat, it's very polished and the fights feel epic.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Really? cause In the other thread you just said you haven't played many naval missions :confused:

He did, didn't he:confused:

Eytiri
10-27-2012, 11:54 PM
There are about 4 or 5 (can't remember) naval missions in the main storyline that you have to play through, I enjoyed them a hell of a lot.

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:56 PM
There are about 4 or 5 (can't remember) naval missions in the main storyline that you have to play through, I enjoyed them a hell of a lot.

Do you get to man the poop deck?

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Do you get to man the poop deck?
Pun intended?

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Pun intended?

Nah I was being serious.

Eytiri
10-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Nah I was being serious.

You are at the helm controlling the boat and the 2 weapons. You can use the big cannons (which can be swapped for other stuff like chained balls to take out a mast and board) and smaller cannons that you can target specific spots on a ship or take out smaller boats with.

I honestly can say it was a big surprise how good it felt to manuver. There are 3 speeds and depending on what speed you are going rogue winds can push your ship in a different direction so you have to bring speed down to have better control, it seemed well thought out.

UrDeviant1
10-28-2012, 12:04 AM
You are at the helm controlling the boat and the 2 weapons. You can use the big cannons (which can be swapped for other stuff like chained balls to take out a mast and board) and smaller cannons that you can target specific spots on a ship or take out smaller boats with.

I honestly can say it was a big surprise how good it felt to manuver. There are 3 speeds and depending on what speed you are going rogue winds can push your ship in a different direction so you have to bring speed down to have better control, it seemed well thought out.

Sounds good. Thanks for answering all them questions without posting spoilers!

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Nah I was being serious.
OK, oh and ps I've sent you the Friend Request I said I would.

Eytiri
10-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Sounds good. Thanks for answering all them questions without posting spoilers!
Be careful, a lot of people online spoiling the game. :)

UrDeviant1
10-28-2012, 12:10 AM
OK, oh and ps I've sent you the Friend Request I said I would.

Awesome.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Awesome.
Check your PM

monster_rambo
10-28-2012, 12:20 AM

Free-roam or no free roam?

Eytiri
10-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Free-roam or no free roam?

No free roam, you talk to a guy who gives you missions, the mission areas are quite large though.

monster_rambo
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
No free roam, you talk to a guy who gives you missions, the mission areas are quite large though.

Okay, will the areas be explorable after the mission is completed? Are there other missions in the area and does it allow you to start anytime when you are in the area or do the missions start once you are in the area? Any islands or ports that we can explore?

Do we get transported out of the area once the mission ends or can we linger in the area?

zhengyingli
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Large naval missions without the boat going on-rails? I can accept that. I was never under the impression that there was ever going to be free-roam with boats, anyway.

tre289
10-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Okay, will the areas be explorable after the mission is completed? Are there other missions in the area and does it allow you to start anytime when you are in the area or do the missions start once you are in the area? Any islands or ports that we can explore?

Do we get transported out of the area once the mission ends or can we linger in the area?

Funny how you are now asking the very questions I wa asking in my thread that you told me to not post.

monster_rambo
10-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Funny how you are now asking the very questions I wa asking in my thread that you told me to not post.

That is because you are unsure of the naval mechanics. This guy does, he's played the game. There is a difference.

tre289
10-28-2012, 12:43 AM
That is because you are unsure of the naval mechanics. This guy does, he's played the game. There is a difference.

It was a discussion about naval mechanics, in which I had also stated my friend had told me how naval worked and how I had hoped he was wrong. In that topic most continuously claimed it was free-roam, where others have said how they felt about how it ACTUALLY is.
there really isn't a difference here.

Every time I've asked in the recent weeks I;ve recieved flak from alot of people because I didn't take the dev's words as literally as most of you. I aws met with the same response: "The Dev's have said it is free-roam, it is free-roam! blah blah blah", "just looking for reasons to not believe them blah blah".

Perhaps in the future you shouldn't try to be the one to tell people whether they should or shouldn't post.

The sea has a map in-game, so I can almost guarantee that there is free roam of some kind. The problem is the extent that it is. We have heard mixed things from the devs, so I'm guessing you can only free-roam during side missions. While many say the free-roaming would be tedious, it wouldn't be very tedious for me, and I am sure I'm not the only one, so I hope it is included. If not, I'm pretty sure the game will still be great.

You aren't the only one, I was actually hoping it was going to be a free-roam where we could have fun with it whenever we wanted. Game will be good either way, but it would have provided me as well as others with hours more fun easily. If it was tedious, then they just don't have to do it and can just stick to doing it for missions/side missions.

Eytiri
10-28-2012, 02:44 AM
It was a discussion about naval mechanics, in which I had also stated my friend had told me how naval worked and how I had hoped he was wrong. In that topic most continuously claimed it was free-roam, where others have said how they felt about how it ACTUALLY is.
there really isn't a difference here.

Every time I've asked in the recent weeks I;ve recieved flak from alot of people because I didn't take the dev's words as literally as most of you. I aws met with the same response: "The Dev's have said it is free-roam, it is free-roam! blah blah blah", "just looking for reasons to not believe them blah blah".

Perhaps in the future you shouldn't try to be the one to tell people whether they should or shouldn't post.

You aren't the only one, I was actually hoping it was going to be a free-roam where we could have fun with it whenever we wanted. Game will be good either way, but it would have provided me as well as others with hours more fun easily. If it was tedious, then they just don't have to do it and can just stick to doing it for missions/side missions.

I wouldn't worry, there is plenty of free roam on land, more than any other AC game.

BBALive
10-28-2012, 03:20 AM
I've always thought that the naval stuff was boring (Pun intended)

It's actually spelled navel when you're referring to the belly-button.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 03:20 AM
:p

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 03:21 AM
still funny

Black_Widow9
10-28-2012, 03:42 AM
Please use the Search feature before creating new Topics.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720488-Many-suspicions-seem-to-be-correct-about-Naval

Thanks