PDA

View Full Version : Dying Connor's outfit...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-27-2012, 03:25 PM
I apologize sincerely if there's a thread about this already -- I don't come on the AC forums often (or at all really...I've been on here like once before)

Anyway....anyone know if we can dye Connor's outfit? I assume we'll be able to dye them to black and stuff but mainly I'm just wondering if it will be possible to dye the blue parts of connor's outfit to red to match Altair and Ezio's outfits a bit more (yes, I understand that most of the enemies will most likely be leaders of the British and that they were the 'red coats' but it's honestly just because of OCD and liking the white/red combo. I remember dying Old Ezio's robes to white ASAP in ACR haha

Anyway...I mean, even the steelbook shows Connor wearing the default outfit but with the blue parts being red instead so I really hope it's possible.

Also saw Ezio's outfit from Brotherhood is unlockable via UPlay -- thank god -- it's my favorite Assassin outfit yet :P

xXRyzonXx
10-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Yes we can.

maxerx180
10-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh thank god. That title was about to have me rage.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes we can.

Thank god haha

and haha why?! (x

maxerx180
10-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Thank god haha

and haha why?! (x

I thought you spoiled the ending. Like what he was wearing when he died. These past few days have been making me go crazy.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-27-2012, 04:37 PM
I thought you spoiled the ending. Like what he was wearing when he died. These past few days have been making me go crazy.

Me too xD

ProdiGurl
10-27-2012, 05:41 PM

LOL
I loved being able to change Ezio's outfit - I practically visited the Tailor every few hours haha

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-27-2012, 06:21 PM

OH hahaha I am SO sorry -- I don't have the game yet -- It comes out the 30th here and I sadly won't be getting it til Christmas (bittersweet...I have to wait which sucks but I've also gotten every single AC game so far for Christmas haha)

If Connor dies, it'll be a huge surprise since so far we haven't died as an Assassin yet...

Oh hey...another question about Connor's outfit: I've seen him running around without the hood but it seemed to be on the Homestead...any idea on if you can take the hood on/off (doubtful....what button would it be mapped to? lol) or do you go hoodless while on the Homestead...if so...that'll be really cool. You're hoodless while chilling at your pad but come mission time...hood goes up haha

Just curious...

Angreh Penguin
10-27-2012, 07:07 PM
OP there was a leaked screen of a red/white/black dye you can get for connor. You want me to PM it to you?

RatonhnhakeFan
10-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh hey...another question about Connor's outfit: I've seen him running around without the hood but it seemed to be on the Homestead...any idea on if you can take the hood on/off (doubtful....what button would it be mapped to? lol) or do you go hoodless while on the Homestead...if so...that'll be really cool. You're hoodless while chilling at your pad but come mission time...hood goes up haha

Just curious...I haven't seen any definitive answer yet, but it seems that he's running without the hood in places he feels safe and with the hood elsewhere and we can't just switch it on/off :/

Layytez
10-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Ive just stop playing for abit. Every outfit you buy you keep. So basically you don't need to pay to dye your clothes again after the first time.

Angreh Penguin
10-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Ive just stop playing for abit. Every outfit you buy you keep. So basically you don't need to pay to dye your clothes again after the first time.

Are the outfits just different colors or are there actual physical differences?

Layytez
10-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Are the outfits just different colors or are there actual physical differences?

Like different parts of the robes get coloured. One robe changes like the white parts and coattails and another may just just the coattails. I haven't bought them all because I didn't have enough money. The outfits are just different colours but some may change more than just one part of the robe.

Angreh Penguin
10-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Like different parts of the robes get coloured. One robe changes like the white parts and coattails and another may just just the coattails. I haven't bought them all because I didn't have enough money. The outfits are just different colours but some may change more than just one part of the robe.

Gotcha, was just wondering if they were actually different robes or just recolors.

Lights Out Asia
10-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I think the only time you get to change the actual clothing (not just the color) is with the Synchronization points and whatnot. My Game Informer copy mentions something about that, types of rewards for completing certain objectives for points to which will give you artwork and new outfits as rewards.

Angreh Penguin
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
I think the only time you get to change the actual clothing (not just the color) is with the Synchronization points and whatnot. My Game Informer copy mentions something about that, types of rewards for completing certain objectives for points to which will give you artwork and new outfits as rewards.

Probably the uPlay rewards. I know you can get Ezio's robes from ACB with uPlay points

Gabe248
10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I want to dye mine blue to match the Americans!

Nightmare8767
10-27-2012, 11:04 PM
I want to dye mine blue to match the Americans!

You can. And in fact, this time around you don't pay for your robes to get painted every time: You buy the Outfit, and equip it for free at the shop.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Once before an over 200 posts I don't belive it

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-27-2012, 11:29 PM
OP there was a leaked screen of a red/white/black dye you can get for connor. You want me to PM it to you?

Yeah that'd be awesome, thanks!

I haven't seen any definitive answer yet, but it seems that he's running without the hood in places he feels safe and with the hood elsewhere and we can't just switch it on/off :/

Sigh...I wish we could pull it up or down on the fly...it's what I've always wanted...even if it didn't do anything it'd be a small little feature that makes the game more lifelike....however just the fact that it seems like he doesnt wear the hood while in a safe area is pretty cool.

projectpat06
10-27-2012, 11:33 PM
For anyone who has played, can you add cloaks/ a cape or furs? Can you customize the boots or other outfit pieces besides just dying the coat. I was hoping we could buy a tricorn hat.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
10-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh...I didn't see all the posts about the dyes -- that's awesome news! I'm glad we don't have to keep paying....this game seems to get better and better haha

I would love to be able to get a cape-type thing like Ezio wore. I saw UPlay offers Ezio's robes...

Anyone know any of the in-game skins we can get? I know there's the Colonial Assassin and Aquila skins but the ones that everyone can unlock -- any idea? Also is there any "super secret special armor" like Altair's Armor in ACII or the Armor of Brutus in ACB or ....the one in ACR that I forget the name of....
Just super curious is all haha

Gabe248
10-28-2012, 12:43 AM
You can. And in fact, this time around you don't pay for your robes to get painted every time: You buy the Outfit, and equip it for free at the shop.

Oh that sounds better than before thank you for the info!

Layytez
10-30-2012, 01:55 AM
UPDATE

There is a outfit rack in the basement and there is another Assassin robe. I won't say how you get it or who from but there is another.

BLEEPYOU11
10-30-2012, 03:00 AM
to me as welll pm :D

xXRyzonXx
10-30-2012, 03:12 AM
UPDATE

There is a outfit rack in the basement and there is another Assassin robe. I won't say how you get it or who from but there is another.

Is it the native outfit?

Layytez
10-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Is it the native outfit?

Nope.

xXRyzonXx
10-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Nope.

Is it cool?

Layytez
10-30-2012, 03:16 AM
Is it cool?

It was ok for what it was. I only saw it like twice. I haven't actually got it myself.

there76
10-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Anyone have pictures?

scooper121s
10-30-2012, 07:51 AM
I would like pictures as well, as long as it's not a spoiler