PDA

View Full Version : My only problem with this game

Tarheelram
10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I would preorder this game if it wasn't for one thing I was worried about. Replay ability. I've had this problem with previous AC games. Though they're amazing there just doesn't seem to be anything else to do once you're finished with the game. I hated the multiplayer in Brotherhood and Revelations and this game looks like it has the same multiplayer. This game does look more free roam though. Does anyone know the replay value of this game and what else you can do after the main mission?

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 02:26 PM
After the main mission, there is the side mission... there is always the side mission..

projectpat06
10-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Well, lucky for you, they put in tons of side content and prologue missions to do after the main quest. It's very much like Red Dead in the Action RPG genre. I understand what you mean because I always did the leo missions while playing the main story so once I was done, I got a little bored with it after a while. This time there will be random events going on and tons of people to interact and talk with.

No go preorder your copy you Silly Ninny

tjbyrum1
10-27-2012, 03:08 PM
I know exactly what the OP is talking about. In most sandbox games like these, you can still do so much after the mainstory, including side-missions and other activities. As a matter of fact, one thing that made RDR so good was the amount of side-activities... after finishing the main story you still had poker, blackjack, liar's dice, five finger fillet, and arm wrestling; you could get all the outfits, complete all stranger missions, etc; you could bounty hunt, hunt for animals, explore, do all ambient challenges, gang hideouts.... it just had so much to do in it.

But in AC, you can't really do a lot... and there's no real reason to keep playing.

However! We've been told there are side-missions in the game. And you can play mini-games, like checkers. Also, you can hunt. We don't even have the game yet, so we don't know everything, but they did take a lot of inspiration from RDR, so I expect we'll have the same feel of "keep-playing" as we had in RDR.

So the answer to your question is YES, we have a lot of side content after the main missions.

Tarheelram
10-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I know exactly what the OP is talking about. In most sandbox games like these, you can still do so much after the mainstory, including side-missions and other activities. As a matter of fact, one thing that made RDR so good was the amount of side-activities... after finishing the main story you still had poker, blackjack, liar's dice, five finger fillet, and arm wrestling; you could get all the outfits, complete all stranger missions, etc; you could bounty hunt, hunt for animals, explore, do all ambient challenges, gang hideouts.... it just had so much to do in it.

But in AC, you can't really do a lot... and there's no real reason to keep playing.

However! We've been told there are side-missions in the game. And you can play mini-games, like checkers. Also, you can hunt. We don't even have the game yet, so we don't know everything, but they did take a lot of inspiration from RDR, so I expect we'll have the same feel of "keep-playing" as we had in RDR.

So the answer to your question is YES, we have a lot of side content after the main missions.

Thanks for the useful info :). Going to get the game soon.

ProdiGurl
10-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I must be a really weird gamer, I just replay the entire game over & try to outdo my last game. RDR hunting was fun - I wonder if some of the animals can kill you while you're out doing your mission and whatever?
Those cougars in RDR came out of nowhere and took me down

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey after the story is done you can always play an exciting and lively game of Nine Men's Morris...

tjbyrum1
10-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey after the story is done you can always play an exciting and lively game of Nine Men's Morris...

Honestly, these mini-games can be quite fun when you have nothing more to do.

I love playing Liar's Dice and Poker every now and then on Red Dead Redemption.

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh I love RDR's games. I beasted at Liar's Dice, Poker, and Blackjack. But Nine Men's Morris? That even sounds like something from the 18th century.

tjbyrum1
10-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Oh I love RDR's games. I beasted at Liar's Dice, Poker, and Blackjack. But Nine Men's Morris? That even sounds like something from the 18th century.

Are you saying it'll be boring?

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 07:14 PM
AC3? Absolutely won't be boring. Nine Men's Morris is... not what I would call exciting. That's all.

I also don't like playing checkers either. It's just a personal preference.

freddie_1897
10-27-2012, 07:21 PM
AC3? Absolutely won't be boring. Nine Men's Morris is... not what I would call exciting. That's all.

I also don't like playing checkers either. It's just a personal preference.
get the hell off these forums you checkers hating ******bag. go back to your castles and bishops.

jk

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 07:22 PM
get the hell off these forums you checkers hating ******bag. go back to your castles and bishops.

jk

lmao I don't always play boardgames, but when I do, they're Games Workshop tabletop games.

AssassinGame1
10-27-2012, 07:27 PM
You can always do side-missions, explore, look for the Animus fragments, and replay the memories

MRNMRSPACER
10-27-2012, 07:28 PM
You can always do side-missions, explore, look for the Animus fragments, and replay the memories
oh animus fragments are back?

dewgel
10-27-2012, 07:28 PM

Just a quick note, you mentioned that they took a lot of inspiration from RDR, you actually couldn't be more wrong. When RDR was released in 2010, Ubisoft were already well into development for AC3, and actually quite shocked when RDR appeared with a lot of features they had in secret planning. Although they've took a lot of pointers from how it was done, the core ideas were done long before RDR's did.

As much as their are side quests, there's not going to be anything near RDR's standards, I think RDR's random encounters were perfect. That's how open world games should have it, you could literally be riding around or just stood in the middle of the wilderness, and you'd hear gunshots in the distance coming closer, and there'd be people fighting.

However I do think AC3 has the most replay value of all, it's packed full of content.

freddie_1897
10-27-2012, 07:29 PM
lmao I don't always play boardgames, but when I do, they're Games Workshop tabletop games.
i don't like games workshop, there are strange people in that place. strange people

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 07:31 PM
i don't like games workshop, there are strange people in that place. strange people

lmao I can't imagine "normal" people with healthy sex lives would go and make table top board games for a living.

freddie_1897
10-27-2012, 07:33 PM
lmao I can't imagine "normal" people with healthy sex lives would go and make table top board games for a living.
i walked in their once, guy asked me if i wanted to join some kind of summer of war camp. i walked straight back out again.

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 07:35 PM
i walked in their once, guy asked me if i wanted to join some kind of summer of war camp. i walked straight back out again.

Wow... I feel you on that. I can't put my finger on what sounds so creepy about it but I feel like if I signed up for something like that I don't think I would ever see my family again lol

freddie_1897
10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Wow... I feel you on that. I can't put my finger on what sounds so creepy about it but I feel like if I signed up for something like that I don't think I would ever see my family again lol
i hear that. they sound like lost souls who have been torn of their free will.

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 07:43 PM
i hear that. they sound like lost souls who have been torn of their free will.

You show up and they just start chanting "ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US!" lol

freddie_1897
10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
You show up and they just start chanting "ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US!" lol
i'm just smacking my head on my keyboard and laughing at this image of them doing that.

BlackRose1809
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
There's also the DLCs that you can get. When I was done with ACII and completed the whole game, I bought the DLCs and played them.

You can also try to make yourself motivated to do the achievements, that's what made me play ACII for months.

Since there's mini games and side missions in this game, I think it'll take me more than a few months to finish this baby. >:3

corbinmahieu
10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I don't have the game.... but I think I saw a replay-option in a gameplay video today. I think a saw it on the computer of Desmond ? ( below his emails )
Dont shoot me if I'm wrong.

dayoldhate
10-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes, there is a replay option in the game and believe me some of these missions are well worth playing again and again.

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 09:32 PM
AC3 is only expected to have about 40 hours plus worth of gameplay. I expect I'll be done with AC3 before Christmas. Not to say I won't enjoy it, but you can only play a game for so long before familiarity starts to breed contempt.

EDIT: I am referring to Story and Side missions, not the amount of time you could spend playing the game looking for almanac pages, looking at deer, and the various and sundry other things you can do that aren't technically missions.

MetalCreed
10-27-2012, 09:38 PM
If anything, this game looks to have the most replay value compared to previous installments.
Hunting, side missions, trophies (like all games do), unlockables, 100%, 100% Syncs, exploring, naval missions, Homestead, random events, dynamic weather (you want to see all of the seasons and play in them for unique experiences), forts and the sort, killing guards, exclusive DLC content, DLC (season pass), getting all assassin to master level.

Assassin_N111
10-27-2012, 10:15 PM
it will be awesome

dbuddy101
10-28-2012, 01:13 AM
I find that replay-ability isn't a problem for me as long as there is an open world that still allows me to utilize the main game mechanics. I believe I have sunk 70 hours into the 2nd game. Considering that I have done very few side missions in the 2nd, and the main game is around 20 hours, that was over 50 hours I spent running around killing guards, and it is one of my favorite games to play, if not my favorite. I'm sure AC3 will replace its title, however.

MetalCreed
10-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Remember there's MP