PDA

View Full Version : Many suspicions seem to be correct about Naval *Spoilers*

tre289
10-27-2012, 04:51 AM
A friend of mine in Holland who has gotten his hands on the game, has been playing it for a bit now, and I managed to ask him about pretty much the only question I personally cared about, and I know alot of other people were looking for clarification on that too.

Regarding naval mechanics, I had had my friend try to find out whether the use of the ship was restricted to Mission/side mission use only. There have been many many people here who swear that this is not the case. it seems that is wrong. Naval does look to be limited to only mission/side mission, you do not just hop onto the ship and free-roam about the sea as many have claimed has been confirmed.

It is either that or my friend could not figure out how to "free-roam" the sea with his ship, but I don't assume it wuld be that hard to figure out, and I don't assume they'd save the ability to let you actually free-roam the seas for a later point, would just be odd.

I suppose in a very very general sense the sea is sort of free-roamable... but not as many were hoping, and not as most people, and Devs have made it sound. having to engage in a side/main mission to sail around, and then only be able to sail around within those mission parameters is very much not the same.

I'm holding onto hope that my friend was wrong and that perhaps he just wasn't for some reason able to sail off as he pleased at that moment in time, but as it is right now, I kind of have a hard time understanding why Ubi would Big up a feature so much like Naval mechanics, and the ability to sail on seas that change during weather, and the ability to walk around on your ship, if the only way you can enjoy it is within missions, and side missions within set parameters.

Here's hoping that I can say my friend was just dead wrong and a noob, come Tuesday.

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Because Assassins Creed is a sailing game..

Not buying..

tre289
10-27-2012, 04:54 AM
I enjoy how you seem compelled to leave a sarcastic comment in every single thread.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Here's hoping,
although I don't get whats so great with naval battles, they actually look quite boring to me

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 04:56 AM
I enjoy how you seem compelled to leave a sarcastic comment in every single thread.
Happy to please..

tre289
10-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Here's hoping,
although I don't get whats so great with naval battles, they actually look quite boring to me

To me it isnt so much about the battles, The naval mechanics entirely seem like a fun thing to be able to play around with and enjoy, but I personally feel that limiting it's use to only main/side missions is a bit of a depressing thing to do to a mechanic they;ve seemed so excited about.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 04:58 AM
Yes but still, to me it just looks like a chore.

monster_rambo
10-27-2012, 05:02 AM
To me it isnt so much about the battles, The naval mechanics entirely seem like a fun thing to be able to play around with and enjoy, but I personally feel that limiting it's use to only main/side missions is a bit of a depressing thing to do to a mechanic they;ve seemed so excited about.

I don't think so, from what I've heard (don't take my word for it) that the Eastern starboard and the Caribbeans are completely explorable and there will be a few islands that will be explore during sometime in the sequences. As far as I can tell, I think there will be parts of the sea that are explorable and then you enter a loading screen before you enter a new area. Besides, I think there are a few videos (not recent) that shows that the sea is explorable as indicated on the menu.

tre289
10-27-2012, 05:06 AM
I don't think so, from what I've heard (don't take my word for it) that the Eastern starboard and the Caribbeans are completely explorable and there will be a few islands that will be explore during sometime in the sequences. As far as I can tell, I think there will be parts of the sea that are explorable and then you enter a loading screen before you enter a new area. Besides, I think there are a few videos (not recent) that shows that the sea is explorable as indicated on the menu.

Here's hoping you are right. This Naval stuff is something I want to get my hands on and enjoy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who very easily would/could have hours of extra fun upon game completion, if it is done the way you are talking about.

monster_rambo
10-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Here's hoping you are right. This Naval stuff is something I want to get my hands on and enjoy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who very easily would/could have hours of extra fun upon game completion, if it is done the way you are talking about.

Same here, I would like to set sail on a ship as well. I'm not sure if there are many games that offer this experience but it looks really beckoning.

projectpat06
10-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Same here, I would like to set sail on a ship as well. I'm not sure if there are many games that offer this experience but it looks really beckoning.

There isn't another game that has captured sailing and ship battles like this, not to this extent. That's why ubi has built it up so much because it is such an unique feature especially for side content. I mentioned in another thread that it may be like Mass Effect where you basically decide where to travel and tell your ship to get there from a map or menu. Once your at the destination of the mission, that area will be open to move around as you please, but there will be a mission involved. I never thought it would be just this one big open area to roam around like disney land. It would mean everything would be the same. Have different locals for the missions creates more diversity of the location of the missions (yes I know it's all on the water but forts, islands, ports etc along the seaboard). As long as we can revisit these individual Naval maps after completing the missions, I will be satisfied.

Assassin_N111
10-27-2012, 08:46 AM
how did your boy snag the game so early

pacmanate
10-27-2012, 09:24 AM
how did your boy snag the game so early

Broken Street dates, retailers shipping early etc etc.

HisSpiritLives
10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Actually i always thought that free roaming with ship is strange....what would you do in the middle of the ocean?

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Hehe, I just thought of a joke with the title <_<

pacmanate
10-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Actually i always thought that free roaming with ship is strange....what would you do in the middle of the ocean?

Same thoughts, just riding around. Sure they could impliment random boat encounters to fight but it would be tedious and boring after a short while.

HisSpiritLives
10-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Same thoughts, just riding around. Sure they could impliment random boat encounters to fight but it would be tedious and boring after a short while.

Indeed.

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 09:48 AM
That's what I thought

pacmanate
10-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I also don't see replaying Naval missions to be bad either. This in the sense that every fight will still be different!

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 09:52 AM
No ones asked about the joke with naval:(

pacmanate
10-27-2012, 09:54 AM
No ones asked about the joke with naval:(

Okay I got it :P

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I know, Hehe

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Happy to please..

You seem to be a VERY small man M. :(

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 10:14 AM
That is an unkind thing to say to your senior

pacmanate
10-27-2012, 10:16 AM
That is an unkind thing to say to your senior

Aww :o

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Aww :o
???

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Very Small Man ?? :confused:

scooper121s
10-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Very Small Man ?? :confused:
Don't listnen to him, your posts and whatnot are just awesome, note to self freind M

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Don't listnen to him, your posts and whatnot are just awesome, note to self freind M
Hey, man Stop that...

You should respect everyone, not just seniors... I`m serious

pacmanate
10-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Hey, man Stop that...

This sirius?

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3813980_700b.jpg

HisSpiritLives
10-27-2012, 10:37 AM

Dont start fight please!

xXRyzonXx
10-27-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't think this is something to get all hissy about.. It's an assassin's creed game for gods sake, not "SAILING SIMULATOR 5000"

nitres15
10-27-2012, 11:42 AM
bummer, i wouldīve loved to sail around the carribbean doing nothing and eventually die of starvation because i didnīt know where the hell i was going...

UrDeviant1
10-27-2012, 11:47 AM
My first thought when reading the title: "This just In, Connor Kenway appears to have an outie". Honestly though, the naval sequences are my least anticipated addition. So I'm really not fussed If they turn out lacking.

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey, man Stop that...

That's just it. You're very rude and sarcastic in every thread I see you in. It's like you wanna be a mod and boss people around but are just some kid who's too big for his boots....but sadly you're not the only one around here like that and that's why more people frequent the other AC forums!

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 01:23 PM
That's just it. You're very rude and sarcastic in every thread I see you in. It's like you wanna be a mod and boss people around but are just some kid who's too big for his boots....but sadly you're not the only one around here like that and that's why more people frequent the other AC forums!
Report Me

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Report Me

What are you 10? Besides it would keep me too busy and I don't really care that much as I said it's the site that suffers.:D

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
What are you 10? Besides it would keep me too busy and I don't really care that much as I said it's the site that suffers.:D
Yay.. good for you..

Yes, i`m 10 so now you`re arguing with a 10 year old that makes an entire, official Forum suffer single handed..

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Yay.. good for you..

Yes, i`m 10 so now you`re arguing with a 10 year old that makes an entire, official Forum suffer single handed..
:rolleyes:I don't even need to argue. You've proved my point for me.;)

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 01:55 PM
:rolleyes:I don't even need to argue. You've proved my point for me.;)
Again, happy to have been of service..

Now stop replying..

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Again, happy to have been of service..

Now stop replying..
:p NO

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 01:57 PM
:p NO
NOW, you`v proven MY point..

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
NOW, you`v proven MY point..

You....have....a...point?!?
Bwahahahahahaha
Seriously take my advice the way it's intended and maybe in another 9000 odd posts they may make you a mod if you're nicer. Just a friendly tip.

Oh back on topic, Naval seems interesting but i"d swap the whole think for 30 odd Assassination missions like in AC2!

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 02:08 PM
You....have....a...point?!?
Bwahahahahahaha
Seriously take my advice the way it's intended and maybe in another 9000 odd posts they may make you a mod if you're nicer. Just a friendly tip.
No thanks, I`m doing good, keep it to yourself...I do not want to be a Mod.

Keep replying and thus AGAIN proving my point

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 02:12 PM
No thanks, I`m doing good, keep it to yourself...I do not want to be a Mod.

Keep replying and thus AGAIN proving my point
Sorry. What WAS you're point?

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Sorry. What WAS you're point?
The very fact you do not grasp it..

Now stop replying ?:rolleyes:

Ielgon
10-27-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm from Holland too, any idea where he got the game from? My retailer is being sort of vague about having them/not having them and whether they'll start selling a bit early or not.

AlphaAltair
10-27-2012, 02:22 PM
The very fact you do not grasp it..

Now stop replying ?:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Thanks!

tre289
10-27-2012, 04:26 PM
You know.. it's really cool that those of you who are not that intruigued by the naval stuff don't care much, but to make comments about how AC isnt a sailing sim is just stupid.

Obviously the game is not a sailing sim, and obviously some of you don't know what a s sim would actually look like, or play like. The "omg this game is not a sim game for this feature" is just a poor response to anything.

For a mechanic/feature that is already in game, why should it be so unheard of to want to sail as you please on an open sea?

Also:

I'm from Holland too, any idea where he got the game from? My retailer is being sort of vague about having them/not having them and whether they'll start selling a bit early or not.

Sorry man, I didn't bother to ask him, as I was more interested in asking him questions about the game(no spilers, just how things worked), and trying really hard to not hear stuff that was going on in the background as he played. lol Plus.. I'm in Canada, so asking where he got it probably wouldn't do much for me :P

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
You know.. it's really cool that those of you who are not that intruigued by the naval stuff don't care much, but to make comments about how AC isnt a sailing sim is just stupid.

Obviously the game is not a sailing sim, and obviously some of you don't know what a s sim would actually look like, or play like. The "omg this game is not a sim game for this feature" is just a poor response to anything.

For a mechanic that is already in game, why should it be so unheard of to want to sail as you please on an open sea?

Also:

Sorry man, I didn't bother to ask him, as I was more interested in asking him questions about the game, and trying really hard to not hear stuff that was going on in the background as he played. lol
I`m sorry..

I`m actually really pumped for the naval portion, but I really wont be bothered if its not free roam, I mean in a sense it is, and you confirmed it, but I really see no point in driving aimlessly into the sea...but that`s just me

tre289
10-27-2012, 04:32 PM
I`m sorry..

I`m actually really pumped for the naval portion, but I really wont be bothered if its not free roam, I mean in a sense it is, and you confirmed it, but I really see no point in driving aimlessly into the sea...but that`s just me

Well, maybe a week or two ago I believe I saw talk somwehere of people saying that they read somewhere that on the sea there were random trade ships, and random ships you could engage in combat with while you free-roam the sea, whether that is true, and whether they thought that applied to a full on naval free-roam or just added detail into main/side missions I would not know.

It seems most would disagree, but I personally think it would be really fun and interesting.

rileypoole1234
10-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Ubi has literally said in interviews that you can free roam... I'll wait to find out for myself. The guy above me said what I was gonna say.

tjbyrum1
10-27-2012, 04:59 PM
I think you get on Aquila and accept a mission and from there you can free-roam for as long as you want.

tre289
10-27-2012, 05:02 PM
I think you get on Aquila and accept a mission and from there you can free-roam for as long as you want.

But I'd assume that would mean free-roam wherevere you want, within those mission parameters, or while in an unavoidable combat situation being shot at, and once completed it, mission over :P

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 05:23 PM
I think by free-roam they meant "not on rails." You sign up for a specific mission in a preset geographical location and once you and ship spawn in that little sea-area you can pursue your target at your leisure. That would be my guess.

tre289
10-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I think by free-roam they meant "not on rails." You sign up for a specific mission in a preset geographical location and once you and ship spawn in that little sea-area you can pursue your target at your leisure. That would be my guess.

To me.. that's kind of no different than trying to claim a call of duty campaign has free-roam. xP

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 05:44 PM
That's precisely it. In gaming terms I think that is called "pulling a Peter Molyneaux."

tre289
10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
That's precisely it. In gaming terms I think that is called "pulling a Peter Molyneaux."

Rofl.. Yep. And those are usually the most disappointing moves to make.

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm concerned about the Naval portion too. Yeah it looks kinda fun but when I pre-ordered the game so, so long ago the Naval aspect hadn't even been announced yet. I just really hope it's not something I feel like I am forced to do by the game mechanic (as in if I have to keep doing Naval missions just to keep revenue flowing in from the trading aspect) because it will get very tiresome, very fast. Like in ACR when you'd be about to run a mission you'd get an update that one of your Dens was under attack and you'd have to haul over to a bloody pigeon coop.

Tetsou88
10-27-2012, 06:01 PM
LoZ Wind Waker, and a couple pirate games let you free-roam the sea at any point, so it's not unheard of for other games to do it.

tre289
10-27-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm concerned about the Naval portion too. Yeah it looks kinda fun but when I pre-ordered the game so, so long ago the Naval aspect hadn't even been announced yet. I just really hope it's not something I feel like I am forced to do by the game mechanic (as in if I have to keep doing Naval missions just to keep revenue flowing in from the trading aspect) because it will get very tiresome, very fast. Like in ACR when you'd be about to run a mission you'd get an update that one of your Dens was under attack and you'd have to haul over to a bloody pigeon coop.

From the way my friend was explaining it, it does not work in any of the ways that the past AC games did their sort of things like the Den protection castle defence crap lol.

LoZ Wind Waker, and a couple pirate games let you free-roam the sea at any point, so it's not unheard of for other games to do it.

and Wingwaker was an Awesome game! So I don't see why it would be a problem here for people.

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Ubi did say that the banks have been replaced by trading. Trading works by selling goods via ships to overseas markets. You only make money on the trade if the ship arrives at it's destination safely. Ships can only arrive safely if their trade routes are kept clear of pirates and other ne'er-do-wells. And to keep those shipping lanes clear you have to do privateer missions. It just sounds like you will have to do the naval missions if you want to make money whether you want to or not.

Sabastian_AC
10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
I wonder if you'll be able to access your ship after all the naval missions are done...or maybe some of the DLC missions will be sailing-based.

tre289
10-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I wonder if you'll be able to access your ship after all the naval missions are done...or maybe some of the DLC missions will be sailing-based.

Another possible issue.

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 06:39 PM
No I think they have some procedurally generated mission system for the Naval section.

tre289
10-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Kind of frustrating when Devs say things misleading, like "yes sea is free-roamable" when in reality all it looks like is that you are able to sail on the sea within a mission or side mission.

That doesn't really mean free-roamable, like i said, that's like saying a level in a Call of Duty campaign is free-roamable. You can still wander around the map and shoot walls if you want.

Sometimes it seems like Devs think players are stupid, and they will say whatever they can to make sure people are going to buy.This isnt just for AC, this is for alot of games, and Devs

Commissar38
10-27-2012, 07:37 PM
They're just trying to be salesmen. But it is extremely misleading. I mean they're game designers and we're gamers. We know just as well as they do what "Free-Roam" is and what "Linear Mission Design" means. I guess they're appealing to the gaming version of Undecided Voters; idiots who don't know better.

tre289
10-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Hopefully like I said, that my friend is wrong and was just unable to figure out how to sail off outside of a mission/side mission.

It's really annoying to think that the only way we'll be able to use the ship is by being confined within a certain mission structure, and unable to peacefully sail about if that is what we wish.

there76
10-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Other people playing the game are saying that it's free roam.

tre289
10-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Other people playing the game are saying that it's free roam.

But are they saying it as in "Yeah, i can roam around on the sea when I start a mission/side mission using a ship, and thats it"

meaning leaving them restricted to that missions specific parameters, like if they were to finish the mission/side mission they exit the sea, ot if in combat situations telling you you are too far away from your target, for wanting to sail around as you please.

or do they mean it as "Yeah, I can get on my ship and sail around the sea anytime I want without having to be in a mission/side mission no combat required etc."

meaning just that, actually being able to go onto your ship and sail the sea as at your leasure, peacefully if you wish, with no combat, or missions needed.

Sorry for all of the edits, I was trying to think of ways to make my question more specific and clear.

projectpat06
10-27-2012, 10:15 PM

So basically like mass effect but the maps are for sailing instead of running around and exploring. I'm completely cool with that. If you can walk around on ur ship, I doubt you'll be stuck in battle the whole time. I don't mind separate maps at all. I'm just hoping for small port towns and islands you can land at.

there76
10-27-2012, 10:15 PM
But are they saying it as in "Yeah, i can roam around on the sea when I start a mission/side mission using a ship, and thats it"

meaning leaving them restricted to that missions specific parameters, like if they were to finish the mission/side mission they exit the sea, ot if in combat situations telling you you are too far away from your target, for wanting to sail around as you please.

or do they mean it as "Yeah, I can get on my ship and sail around the sea anytime I want without having to be in a mission/side mission no combat required etc."

meaning just that, actually being able to go onto your ship and sail the sea as at your leasure, peacefully if you wish, with no combat, or missions needed.

Sorry for all of the edits, I was trying to think of ways to make my question more specific and clear.

When people say free roam it generally mean you can explore.

tre289
10-27-2012, 10:16 PM
So basically like mass effect but the maps are for sailing instead of running around and exploring. I'm completely cool with that. If you can walk around on ur ship, I doubt you'll be stuck in battle the whole time. I don't mind separate maps at all. I'm just hoping for small port towns and islands you can land at.

I don't mind needing a seperate map or several for sailing, but I do mind if the only way I can do so is to be restricted to missions/side mission content. If you know what I mean.

When people say free roam it generally mean you can explore.

Yes, I know what free-roam means, but what I'm saying is, the Devs have claimed it was free-roamable, but it seems like it is only within the use of a mission/side mission content.

By that logic, that is very poor free-roam. Like i said earlier.. if going by that is considered free-roaming, then one could consider being able to look and walk around a map in a Call of dDuty campaign, or Bf3 campaign as free-roaming

monster_rambo
10-27-2012, 10:17 PM

If you are not sure than don't post anything. Wait till the game comes out and then you will find out.

tre289
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
If you are not sure than don't post anything. Wait till the game comes out and then you will find out.

This is why i am posting. There is nothing wrong with bringing this up and discussing it.

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:01 AM
This is my first post here. :)

If this is true I am going to be a bit disappointed. I was actually really looking forward to having fun with the Aquila whenver I wanted to and going around on the sea wherever. This kind of takes reason for me to keep playing once done away from me. Yeah side missions are cool and whatnot but really old. Sometimes I'd just want to be able to kick back and sail around.

If Ubi did this wrong... Then they should deffenitely release some sort of free-roam whenever content update in the future. Atleast get it right later down the line. Why the team decided this was the better of the ideas to go with is just sad to me.

If they even wanted to charge for it, like some huge DLC thing I suppose I would buy it.

It seems very stupid and lazy of Ubi to not have it free-roamable whenever you please if you ask me. If not at launch.. atleast as dlc in the future.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:02 AM
This is my first post here. :)

If this is true I am going to be a bit disappointed. I was actually really looking forward to having fun with the Aquila whenver I wanted to and going around on the sea wherever. This kind of takes reason for me to keep playing once done away from me. Yeah side missions are cool and whatnot but really old. Sometimes I'd just want to be able to kick back and sail around.

If Ubi did this wrong... Then they should deffenitely release some sort of free-roam whenever content update in the future. Atleast get it right later down the line. Why the team decided this was the better of the ideas to go with is just sad to me.

If they even wanted to charge for it, like some huge DLC thing I suppose I would buy it.

It seems very stupid and lazy of Ubi to not have it free-roamable whenever you please if you ask me. If not at launch.. atleast as dlc in the future.
Welcome to the forums :)

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:03 AM
Welcome to the forums :)

Wow, haha that was fast.

and thank you :)

I really do hope though that if at launch the naval stuff didn't turn out as the developers have spoken about how it wassupposed to be, that they do end up actually doing somthing like this right. It's a big thing. Why not allow players full use of it. you know?

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:04 AM
I stalk out subscribed threads by constantly refreshing the page, and no problem

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:09 AM
What i dont understand is, the developers talked about being able to walk around on your ship and whatnot. Is this like... in a mission only.. because I don't understand how we are going to be able to enjoy the ship and walk around on it at all if we are forced to only being able to use it in a mission or something.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:11 AM
There will be free roam with the patch, you gotta remember they got it early

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:12 AM
There will be free roam with the patch, you gotta remember they got it early

o.o... really?

the patch will release free roam for naval?

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Probably, there will be to much dissent if it's not free-roam

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Probably, there will be to much dissent if it's not free-roam

I agree.. but I personally don't feel Ubi is going to drop a free-roam into the launch patch.

I actually honestly feel like they dont care about what they said, and implementing it how it should be in the first place.

But man... i reaaallly hope you are right.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:18 AM
I agree.. but I personally don't feel Ubi is going to drop a free-roam into the launch patch.

I actually honestly feel like they dont care about what they said, and implementing it how it should be in the first place.

But man... i reaaallly hope you are right.
Don't worry, it's a marketing scheme, by doing this they are essentially worying their client base, when it comes out and it's there will be a lot of relief, and even more love, as the clientel had prepared for no naval, they will be able to sell more merchandise.

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Don't worry, it's a marketing scheme, by doing this they are essentially worying their client base, when it comes out and it's there will be a lot of relief, and even more love, as the clientel had prepared for no naval, they will be able to sell more merchandise.

I have never in my life seen or heard of a company doing something like this, Basically withholding content or a feature.

it seems like a bit of a stretch to me :(

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:21 AM
I have never in my life seen or heard of a company doing something like this, Basically withholding content or a feature.

it seems like a bit of a stretch to me :(
Google marketing schemes, you'll come across essentially that, in fact I'll look for you.

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:22 AM
Google marketing schemes, you'll come across essentially that, in fact I'll look for you.

idk man. it just seems like... very.. Peter Molyneux-ish...

like someone else was saying before..

...its really sad.

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:24 AM
Checked, no results, but it's true, remember features in one of your fav games you thought woulden't be there, but when it appeard you love it even more and bought some of the merchandise

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:24 AM
idk man. it just seems like... very.. Peter Molyneux-ish...

like someone else was saying before..

...its really sad.
Ubisoft is NOT!!! lionhead!!!

Assassin_M
10-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Alright... To end this, Now..

First, nothing has been said about a patch having TRADITIONAL Naval free roam
Second, Free roam for the Naval Portion is there, just not in the traditional sense, but you can explore the seas, so Yeah..

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Checked, no results, but it's true, remember features in one of your fav games you thought woulden't be there, but when it appeard you love it even more and bought some of the merchandise

again, very peter molyneux-ish

This doesnt do justice for someone who has followed how nearly each and every fable game (and most lionhead games in general) was spoken about before release, and how it actually was released. :(

That is why this is so worrying to me.. i find it.. very distasteful and unprofessional for a developer to essentially speak false truths about the product they are trying to sell.

Alright... To end this, Now..

First, nothing has been said about a patch having TRADITIONAL Naval free roam
Second, Free roam for the Naval Portion is there, just not in the traditional sense, but you can explore the seas, so Yeah..

If not in a "traditional" sense than what other sense? Please elaborate.

Assassin_M
10-28-2012, 06:29 AM

This doesnt do justice for someone who has followed how nearly each and every fable game (and most lionhead games in general) was spoken about before release, and how it actually was released. :(

That is why this is so worrying to me.. i find it.. very distasteful and unprofessional for a developer to essentially speak false truths about the product they are trying to sell.

Meaning that you cannot access the Seas for no reason, there is always a reason to access the Ocean. to access it you trigger a mission, then, after being put in your ship, you have the freedom to proceed to said Objective or start exploring the Sea at your Leisure..

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Meaning that you cannot access the Seas for no reason, there is always a reason to access the Ocean. to access it you trigger a mission, then, after being put in your ship, you have the freedom to proceed to said Objective or start exploring the Sea at your Leisure..

and this is actually first hand confirmed? from either your experience or other people who have played so far?

Might there be an issue of a shortage of missions, by which I mean.. possibility of completing all missions that would involve use of a ship, eventually rednering it useless or inaccessible?

would you happen to know these answers?

zhengyingli
10-28-2012, 06:32 AM

most likely freedom of movement within the missions in progress, just not like on the frontier mission-free.

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:34 AM
most likely freedom of movement within the missions in progress, just not like on the frontier mission-free.

This does seem sort of reasonable, yet slightly restrictive at the same time.

I will continue to hope that eventually Ubi will come to their senses and release some sort of content update in the future, perhaps including it in some future dlc, to allow the freedom to do so outside of missions. :P

Assassin_M
10-28-2012, 06:36 AM
and this is actually first hand confirmed? from either your experience or other people who have played so far?

Might there be an issue of a shortage of missions, by which I mean.. possibility of completing all missions that would involve use of a ship, eventually rednering it useless or inaccessible?

would you happen to know these answers?
Yes, I know someone who has the game and actually played the Naval portion in depth..So you can take the answers I`m giving you to Heart.

Also, he has not finished the game yet, but he has told me something interesting, which involves the escort missions. those have the most chance of actually making the Naval Portion last Infinitely. You basically escort your Trade ships to their destinations across the seas and you have to protect them from Pirates, and again, you can proceed to these missions at your leisure.

According to him, those missions seem to have no end..

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Again, whats the big attraction with naval, i'll be dreading those missions

Assassin_M
10-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Again, whats the big attraction with naval, i'll be dreading those missions
Its just so Magnificently awesome, really..

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 06:40 AM
We'll so then

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Yes, I know someone who has the game and actually played the Naval portion in depth..So you can take the answers I`m giving you to Heart.

Also, he has not finished the game yet, but he has told me something interesting, which involves the escort missions. those have the most chance of actually making the Naval Portion last Infinitely. You basically escort your Trade ships to their destinations across the seas and you have to protect them from Pirates, and again, you can proceed to these missions at your leisure.

According to him, those missions seem to have no end..

So, with my previous post I said that being forced to the naval stuff during missions seems rather restrictive, but with what you say, does that mean that even though it is a mision, you are not lets say... absolutely forced to kill X ammount of enemy ships, or stay within a certain area of whichever ship it is you are escorting?

I had assumed that with it being limited to mission that meant that since all I know about are the combat ones, that you are pretty much dropped into the sea, and lets say.. ahd to chase down the enemy ship, but if it got out of range = fail, and removed from the sea. or something like: "you have gotten too far from your trade ship" = fail, once again removed from sea. same applies to if trade ship were to be destroyed etc.

Sorry if I am being a bit annoying with the questions, just looking for some elightenment on the subject, since.. doing searches on google and whatnot could not provide with sufficient enough information regarding this, as yourself :P

Assassin_M
10-28-2012, 06:46 AM
So, with my previous post I said that being forced to the naval stuff during missions seems rather restrictive, but with what you say, does that mean that even though it is a mision, you are not lets say... absolutely forced to kill X ammount of enemy ships, or stay within a certain area of whichever ship it is you are escorting?

I had assumed that with it being limited to mission that meant that since all I know about are the combat ones, that you are pretty much dropped into the sea, and lets say.. ahd to chase down the enemy ship, but if it got out of range = fail, and removed from the sea. or something like: "you have gotten too far from your trade ship" = fail, once again removed from sea. same applies to if trade ship were to be destroyed etc.

Sorry if I am being a bit annoying with the questions, just looking for some elightenment on the subject, since.. doing searches on google and whatnot could not provide with sufficient enough information regarding this, as yourself :P
Not a Problem..

He said that some Missions pit you in the sea WITH the mission activated, but others not so, where you have to activate the mission from Sea; however, I did not ask him to specify which, because I want to know for myself when I play it, Sorry :\

And with Missions that start with the objective already activated, Yes, restrictions apply, but those that do not have the object activated by default have no such restrictions..

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Not a Problem..

He said that some Missions pit you in the sea WITH the mission activated, but others not so, where you have to activate the mission from Sea; however, I did not ask him to specify which, because I want to know for myself when I play it, Sorry :\

And with Missions that start with the objective already activated, Yes, restrictions apply, but those that do not have the object activated by default have no such restrictions..

Hmm.. slightly unclear as to how that is going to work then, and still a minor bit concerned. But I thank you for the responses as they have eased my mind a bit.

I am still however going to hope that Ubi releases an actual free-roam mechanic for naval :P No matter how long it takes it must happen! :p

Assassin_M
10-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Hmm.. slightly unclear as to how that is going to work then, and still a minor bit concerned. But I thank you for the responses as they have eased my mind a bit.

I am still however going to hope that Ubi releases an actual free-roam mechanic for naval :P No matter how long it takes it must happen! :p
At least you can rest your mind with knowing that there is some degree of Free roam..

I wish I could`v been clearer, but it is all I can do..

FinalJ1
10-28-2012, 06:53 AM
At least you can rest your mind with knowing that there is some degree of Free roam..

M!!!!! Swab the poop deck!!!!

prophyt
10-28-2012, 06:54 AM

I understand.

I only hope that what you described doesn't apply to what the main missions permit only, in the sense that the mission needs to be activated while out on sea. Hopefully the side content allows the same thing, so that there is truly atleast some form of opportunity to get a slight sea free-roaming fix in :P

Sabastian_AC
10-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Not a Problem..

He said that some Missions pit you in the sea WITH the mission activated, but others not so, where you have to activate the mission from Sea

Well that at least gives me some hope. The escort missions also sound like fun. I was kind of concerned that once we were out of instanced missions, our days at sea will be over.

Another weird thing that I thought of is this: Why would they go to all the trouble to make a dynamic weather system if all of the sailing takes place during instanced missions? Why not just script everything? I guess that makes me believe that there must be some kind of free-roam at sea. I guess we'll all find out in just a few hours :D