PDA

View Full Version : Gamestar German Magazine (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

JanHendrik85
10-27-2012, 12:42 AM
German PC magazine Gamestar claims on the front cover of their new issue that the ending sucks again. But they also say that it's the best Assassins Creed yet.

Source:
http://images.gamestar.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2348607/944x531.jpg

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 12:46 AM
-__-

This is never gonna end is it ??

FirestarLuva
10-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Which ending? The modern day one? Do they say anything else about the game?

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Modern day or connor.

I'm guessing modern day.

MRNMRSPACER
10-27-2012, 01:00 AM
i believe that the ending "sucking" depends on each person and their experience in the game/series so i wouldnt trust anyone elses opinion

jantherocker
10-27-2012, 01:02 AM
first iīm from germany and i know gamestar since 1999...

i might add three things:

1. Gamestar is fairly critical so if they say "best assasins creed yet" ending or not... it is still a 90%+ and game of the Year Contenter(trust me i know this magazine)

2. Endings are very subjective.. just because one Reviewer disliked it does not mean it is bad at all just that it wasnīt his taste

3. in my opinion there is a difference between a weak("schwaches"is "weak") and a ending that "sucks"

just my 2 cents ;)

playassassins1
10-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Why did you put the spoiler in the title? No point in putting a spoiler tag if you already spoiled it in the title....

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 01:09 AM
Wasn't there a news article way back when ME 3 released that ubi were worried about the ending of AC 3?

Looks like that was correct.

there76
10-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Why did you put the spoiler in the title? No point in putting a spoiler tag if you already spoiled it in the title....

?

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 01:11 AM
?

That guy is on crack or something

projectpat06
Well, to be fair, Assassin's creed has never had that epic concluding ending that wraps everything up like say in a Zelda game or at the end of Lord of the Rings where you're satisfied and not begging for more. Every AC game has had an epic WTF ending sort of like an episode of lost where you're not satisfied and begging for more. Even if it wraps things up more, it is a video game and still has to leave us wanting more so they can make the next game. Heck even when people where complaining about Mass Effect 3, yeah it was a poor way to conclude for people who had been so invested in Shepherd's story, but they probably wanted to leave a lot of working room for the next mass effect trilogy. We all know it'll happen on the next gen consoles.

I'm expecting an abrupt ending to be honest. It's just how an Assassin's game is, but not every critic likes that.

Krayus Korianis
Meh. I'm not gonna let a magazine tell me if a game sucks or not. I'll honestly be the judge of that experience, hell I got Superman on the 360 for Christ's sake.

playassassins1
10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
The title got changed... -_-

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Turns out it's referring to desmond's story, figures.

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 01:14 AM
The title got changed... -_-

At least you're not on crack :D

Meh. I'm not gonna let a magazine tell me if a game sucks or not. I'll honestly be the judge of that experience, hell I got Superman on the 360 for Christ's sake.

That's why I pre-ordered it, no critics are going to stop me from playing ths.

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 01:18 AM
At least you're not on crack :D

That's why I pre-ordered it, no critics are going to stop me from playing ths.
Dang skippy. I love Superman comics, it's why I basically got Superman on the 360, also I got a niece who likes Superman and the other comic books. lol. Ain't no one gonna stop me from playin' any game I want to play.

Kaschra
10-27-2012, 02:45 AM
"... aber wieder schwacher Schluss".

They are saying it's a weak ending again.... uhm, what do they mean with "again"?!
I love the endings of the AC games, all of them. So, in my eyes, this "again" doesn't make any sense :P

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 03:08 AM

They are saying the it's a weak ending again.... uhm, what do they mean with "again"?!
I love the endings of the AC games, all of them. So, in my eyes, this "again" doesn't make any sense :P
So we can safely assume... BS

xXRyzonXx
10-27-2012, 03:18 AM
They always say !UH BAD ENDING BLARG! I haven't found them right when it comes to AC yet.

Mrnilsman
10-27-2012, 07:43 AM

They are saying it's a weak ending again.... uhm, what do they mean with "again"?!
I was about to mention that.
In addition to that I'm sure they will give AC3 a score of 90+ because they gave every AC something around 90 and since they say it's the best one yet....

MadJC1986
10-27-2012, 09:54 AM
There are people who just do not like the fact that AC Games always have an open ending. But for me that was always awesome and something special in terms of storytelling!

JanHendrik85
10-27-2012, 01:14 PM

The title only said that the ending is weak according to a magazine. Is this a spoiler? A spoiler would be "Ending sucks because Desmond dies" (I don't know the ending, though).

xXRyzonXx
10-27-2012, 01:18 PM
There are people who just do not like the fact that AC Games always have an open ending. But for me that was always awesome and something special in terms of storytelling!

They are stupid.. open endings are the way to go..

IceHot100
10-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Logically, that would mean you will like the ending again :D (Same here) ;)

Muzza8391
10-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Why is it in the gaming community that players never seem to be happy with the ending of a game. Look at ME3 that wasn't actually a bad ending people where just hurt at the fact that... Well I am not ruining the ending just in case someone hasn't played it.

jantherocker
10-27-2012, 02:38 PM
in my opinion there are to many different tastes when it comes to Endings

some love "happy endings" where all is well and the hero marries the girl and rides into the sunset^^

some love "open endings" that leave room for own thinking and discussion

some love "realistic endings" where you win but at sometimes heavy cost..

see i could go on for days :D

one Ending just canīt please every single one of us gamers...

everyone of us spends many hours with those 4 massive (for the ones who already have it 5) games and keep imagining and dreaming about the "End"...

so it is only natural that many "imaginations" wonīt match with what the developers had in mind.

and concerning the "End"

i like to remember what one Dev said in an Interview: Our End will leave a lot of room for coming Assassinīs Creed games but we will offer enough closure to the Desmond Storyline so that it feels satisfying and like a proper "End" to this story.

so they already said it could be fairly open so all critisise that should remember(sure Gamestar too) that the Devs said it in advance..

i remember Games like ME3 and Red Dead Redemption where massive discussions on the Ending broke out.... what i learned from that...

it is just a matter of personal taste...

so i suggest we meet in this Thread again after we all played through it and then we have a proper discussion :D

NOLA_Assassin
10-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I know Gamespot thought the first AC had a bad ending but I thought it was pretty good. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.