PDA

View Full Version : So the game looks terrible then?

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Posted some screens and it looks like they're real, how bad does this game look?

Won't post them again because apparently they are "spoilers"

FirestarLuva
10-26-2012, 10:33 PM
What screens?

ACfan443
10-26-2012, 10:34 PM
What screens?

He posted screenshots from the leaked footage of sequence 1.

Also, answering the OP's question, the game doesn't look terrible at all, it looks beautiful.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:34 PM
I'll PM you. But they are "spoilers", in fact tell me if you want me to first and then I will.

LightRey
10-26-2012, 10:36 PM
The game looks fine. I'm not sure why you would consider that "terrible".

BBALive
10-26-2012, 10:37 PM
No, it doesn't look terrible. The screenshots in question just showed problems with draw distance. The owner of said screenshots may have taken them before textures had a chance to render properly (pop-in), but that's just conjecture.

Please wait until you've actually played the game before judging the graphics.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:39 PM
No, it doesn't look terrible. The screenshots in question just showed problems with draw distance. The owner of said screenshots may have taken them before textures had a chance to render properly (pop-in), but that's just conjecture.

Please wait until you've actually played the game before judging the graphics.

Liberation looks better than those screens, awful.

But you're right I should wait until I play it before having a hissy fit

UrDeviant1
10-26-2012, 10:39 PM
I managed to see the screens before the thread was taken down and got to say they looked pretty bad. Not saying the game looks bad because I can't , just those screens for whatever reason looked poor quality.

Assassin_M
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Reason of Thread ?

FirestarLuva
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Everyone who managed to see the first 20 minutes leak said the beginning was amazing.

BBALive
10-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Everyone who managed to see the first 20 minutes leak said the beginning was amazing.

20 minutes? The first 4 sequences are up on Youtube.

It's the Spanish version of the game so I have no idea what the characters are saying, but that's probably a good thing.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Reason of Thread ?

Reason for post?

MRNMRSPACER
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM

It's the Spanish version of the game so I have no idea what the characters are saying, but that's probably a good thing.
4?i knew there was 2 in english....trying not to watch but heard it was awesome

Assassin_M
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Reason for post?

To ask about reason of thread;)

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:47 PM
I managed to see the screens before the thread was taken down and got to say they looked pretty bad. Not saying the game looks bad because I can't , just those screens for whatever reason looked poor quality.

Yeah i've seen the first sequnce (with some guy talking all over it though) and it looked really good, he had the 360 version but those screens look terrible.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
To ask about reason of thread;)

Touche.

Just to talk about if that's really what we're getting in 2012, there were no moments in revelations like that (though I'm sure this game is much bigger)

MT4K
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Last thread was taken down due to lack of any spoiler warning in thread title. People need to remember to start following proper spoiler rules or people are risking getting suspensions as official release gets ever closer ;).

TorQue1988
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't know what screenshots you are talking about man, but I've seen most of the first 20 minutes and some gameplay in spanish posted on youtube and the game looks great. The only graphical aspect that could have used some improvement is about the vegetation textures, especially the grass. Other than that it's a beautiful game.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Last thread was taken down due to lack of any spoiler warning in thread title. People need to remember to start following proper spoiler rules or people are risking getting suspensions as official release gets ever closer ;).

Sorry, I didn't realise they were that much of a spoiler, but there are no spoilers in this thread so no problem right :)

Assassin_M
10-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Touche.

Just to talk about if that's really what we're getting in 2012, there were no moments in revelations like that (though I'm sure this game is much bigger)
Well, to be perfectly honest with you, the game will have its quirks, BUT those gameplays you saw were probably without the day 1 patch, because the game`s visuals have been put to question numerous times ever since the release of the first gameplay trailer..

I`m waiting, though. Youtube is not exactly the best place for quality measurement..

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't know what you have seen man, but I've seen most of the first 20 minutes and some gameplay in spanish posted on youtube and the game looks great.

I could PM you but possible spoilers.

BBALive
10-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Touche.

There was nothing like this in Revelations because the cities were very dense, so there was always something close to the camera, or there was always something blocking your view of the distance preventing situations like those shown in the screenshots.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Well, to be perfectly honest with you, the game will have its quirks, BUT those gameplays you saw were probably without the day 1 patch, because the game`s visuals have been put to question numerous times ever since the release of the first gameplay trailer..

I`m waiting, though. Youtube is not exactly the best place for quality measurement..

It wasn't youtube it was just some screens, found them on gaf who got them from a spanish forum or something.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:53 PM
There was nothing like this in Revelations because the cities were very dense, so there was always something close to the camera, or there was always something blocking your view of the distance preventing situations like those shown in the screenshots.

True but the screens look extremely bad, especially from some of the gameplay I've seen.

FirestarLuva
10-26-2012, 10:54 PM

I've seen them, not everything but just to see what we can expect once the game is out. Also, is it just me or does the guy with the spanish walkthroughs cut some parts of the game? If you've seen them.

Assassin_M
10-26-2012, 10:54 PM
It wasn't youtube it was just some screens, found them on gaf who got them from a spanish forum or something.
Which were captured from Youtube or someone else that has the game, which is still not the best thing to use for measuring quality. You have to bear in my mind that the internet uses countless compression methods to screens and videos, plus you do not know what he captured those screens with. It could`v been a microwave as far as I`m concerned..

projectpat06
10-26-2012, 10:55 PM

The beginning is amazing. Everything is epic--in a new completely different form of epicness compared to the previous games especially AC2. I would wait to play the game in high definition on your TV or PC before judging something like a screenshot or youtube video. Besides, I think people are expecting these awesome new gen graphics that they've never seen before. There will be some vast improvements and things introduced but don't set unrealistic expectations for game that's on a 2005/ 2006 console.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Which were captured from Youtube or someone else that has the game, which is still not the best thing to use for measuring quality. You have to bear in my mind that the internet uses countless compression methods to screens and videos, plus you do not know what he captured those screens with. It could`v been a microwave as far as I`m concerned..

LOL, microwave.

But even if it was taken with something very poor, it just doesn't look right, I dunno I guess you have to see them.

pacmanate
10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Graphics are more amazing than I thought, however there is TERRIBLE pop in and random glitches to do with objects etc.

tjbyrum1
10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I've seen some videos, and the game looks pretty good... it looks fantastic! Can't wait!

MT4K
10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Sorry, I didn't realise they were that much of a spoiler, but there are no spoilers in this thread so no problem right http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

Whether they are minor or major. Or even something one person doesn't consider a spoiler. If something is shown that you would need to play the game in order to find out or see. then it should be covered by a spoiler warning as spoilers are very subjective and everybody has different opinions on what is or isn't a spoiler.

This thread is ok for now... But yeah people need to start being careful or they may find their posts/threads being removed and at worst taking vacations from the Forums ;).

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:58 PM
The beginning is amazing. Everything is epic--in a new completely different form of epicness compared to the previous games especially AC2. I would wait to play the game in high definition on your TV or PC before judging something like a screenshot or youtube video. Besides, I think people are expecting these awesome new gen graphics that they've never seen before. There will be some vast improvements and things introduced but don't set unrealistic expectations for game that's on a 2005/ 2006 console.

I'm not expecting anything next-gen, before these screens I thought the game looked exceptional, but I will wait and see but the screens have put doubt in my mind.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Whether they are minor or major. Or even something one person doesn't consider a spoiler. If something is shown that you would need to play the game in order to find out or see. then it should be covered by a spoiler warning as spoilers are very subjective and everybody has different opinions on what is or isn't a spoiler.

This thread is ok for now... But yeah people need to start being careful or they may find their posts/threads being removed and at worst taking vacations from the Forums ;).

Okay, sorry guys/girls.

projectpat06
10-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Graphics are more amazing than I thought, however there is TERRIBLE pop in and random glitches to do with objects etc.

I take it you're talking about the diagonal horse with his front legs propped up on the hitching post?? haha

BBALive
10-26-2012, 11:03 PM

I also noticed the glitches. I'm glad they're releasing a day one patch.

pacmanate
10-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I also noticed the glitches. I'm glad they're releasing a day one patch.

I hope they sort the pop in, whole areas were popping up in some places. Not to mention weird as heck horses and floating muskets :S

UrDeviant1
10-26-2012, 11:13 PM
I hope they sort the pop in, whole areas were popping up in some places. Not to mention weird as heck horses and floating muskets :S

Ah, floating muskets. The Pirates preferred choice of weapon.;)

there76
10-26-2012, 11:15 PM

What version do you have?

MadJC1986
10-26-2012, 11:18 PM
I found this screen through google( does not contain any spoilers) and it looks like sometimes the game does not look that good when showing big distances. But I think normally the game looks awesome
-> screen [link removed]

P.S.: No bow in this screenshot ;)

projectpat06
10-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I found this screen through google( does not contain any spoilers) and it looks like sometimes the game does not look that good when showing big distances. But I think normally the game looks awesome
-> screen [link removed]

P.S.: No bow in this screenshot http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Well, it is foggy out. And to be honest AC's draw distance or whatever has never been hugely detailed but that's never bothered me. I think the only two open world games that do have very detailed graphics for locations off in the distance are Red Dead and Skyrim.

And that is kind of a big SPOILER for people who haven't watched any of the footage so u may want remove it of put a spoiler tag

pacmanate
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
-> screen [link removed]

P.S.: No bow in this screenshot http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Firstly the draw distance is fine, secondly that is spoilers. Not because of the area, but the other thing.

MT4K
10-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Don't post stuff that contains spoilers in threads that don't have a warning in the title.

Final time i'll publicly say it. There's a sticky thread for spoiler rules. I suggest everybody re-read them carefully.

iSoTryHard
10-26-2012, 11:42 PM
it has one of the best engines in gaming history

and who cares about the graphics if they are average and everything else is good to great who cares

Krayus Korianis
10-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Honestly, from what I've seen... Game looks friggin' amazing. Only thing is the floating objects which are probably gonna be fixed with the patch when you get the game.

Honestly, I almost mistook a bit of it for a scene out of Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World to be quite brutally honest. Yea, it looked that good.

E-Zekiel
10-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Sound to me like the OP is looking at Liberation screenshots, especially if he thinks Liberation looks better. I saw a screenshot of Connor in Liberation and it was not as good as I was expecting him to look.

That's not to say Liberation looks bad, but it's a portable device, not a console.

shinyFezzan
10-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Sound to me like the OP is looking at Liberation screenshots, especially if he thinks Liberation looks better. I saw a screenshot of Connor in Liberation and it was not as good as I was expecting him to look.

That's not to say Liberation looks bad, but it's a portable device, not a console.

I thought I was at first but they are real xbox pics so, yeah not impressed.

Krayus Korianis
10-26-2012, 11:54 PM
I thought I was at first but they are real xbox pics so, yeah not impressed.
ROFL! That ain't Xbox 360 or PS3 or PC then... It's the Vita you're looking at.

Angreh Penguin
10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
PM me the pics OP? Just curious. I've seen a few sequences on youtube and the game looks fine to me

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Just sent pics Penguin.

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 12:06 AM
ROFL! That ain't Xbox 360 or PS3 or PC then... It's the Vita you're looking at.

No it is xbox, multiple people have confirmed.

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:11 AM
No it is xbox, multiple people have confirmed.
Then send me the pictures. I will verify if it's actually what you claim it to be.

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Sent pics

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Looks like an Xbox 360 emulator for PC... I saw the same views on a video, didn't look like that.

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Looks like an Xbox 360 emulator for PC... I saw the same views on a video, didn't look like that.

So it's not actual footage?

BBALive
10-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Looks like an Xbox 360 emulator for PC

No such thing.

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:29 AM
So it's not actual footage?
It's not actual Xbox 360 footage, no.

No such thing.
Yes there is, do a search for it. You'll see.

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 12:31 AM

Cool beans, faith in AC graphics restored :D.

BBALive
10-27-2012, 12:32 AM

An Xbox 360 emulator does not exist. Are you really this dense?

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 12:34 AM
There is none yet

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:35 AM
An Xbox 360 emulator does not exist. Are you really this dense?
It does exist. Are you that dense? http://tinyurl.com/9ulrdhx

BBALive
10-27-2012, 12:37 AM

None of the so-called Xbox 360 emulators are legitimate.

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 12:37 AM
lmao xD

I can search for PS 3 emulator and I`ll get results xD

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:38 AM
lmao xD

I can search for PS 3 emulator and I`ll get results xD
I can download them and they'd work... Your point?

Doesn't detract from the fact that the pictures aren't from the actual Xbox 360.

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:39 AM
None of the so-called Xbox 360 emulators are legitimate.
No emulator is legitimate, that's why they're not endorsed or made by the makers of the consoles.

BBALive
10-27-2012, 12:39 AM
No emulator is legitimate, that's why they're not endorsed or made by the makers of the consoles.

Jesus christ. **** this, I'm out.

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 12:41 AM
I can download them and they'd work... Your point?

Doesn't detract from the fact that the pictures aren't from the actual Xbox 360.
Mate... there are no current gen emulators xD

What the hell are you on ?

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Jesus christ. **** this, I'm out.
Believe what you want to believe. But I use emulators, even the 360 ones. I can tell you, they work but it's not like the actual 360 which I have two of.

Krayus Korianis
10-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Mate... there are no current gen emulators xD

What the hell are you on ?
So, you downloaded it, used it and it didn't work or you're just trying to justify yourself on your previous statement?

Assassin_M
10-27-2012, 12:47 AM
So, you downloaded it, used it and it didn't work or you're just trying to justify yourself on your previous statement?
Justify myself ? you`re the one with the burden of proof here, friend not I...

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 12:58 AM
No idea what's going on here.

jantherocker
10-27-2012, 01:08 AM
7 pages about a very subjective opinion.... wow...

i too watched the first 3 sequences(spanish so i donīt really spoil myself because i only understand 5 words :D) and even if i could agree that there are some rare texture pop ups and not amazing drawing distance all the time... everything else....... characters,lightnig,water,animations look absolutly stunning ... so we are discussing a game that is even missing itīs probable day 1 patch(with wich pop ups for example could very well be fixed) and there is the word "terrible" around?...

now thats!!! nitpicking...

shinyFezzan
10-27-2012, 01:17 AM
7 pages about a very subjective opinion.... wow...

i too watched the first 3 sequences(spanish so i donīt really spoil myself because i only understand 5 words :D) and even if i could agree that there are some rare texture pop ups and not amazing drawing distance all the time... everything else....... characters,lightnig,water,animations look absolutly stunning ... so we are discussing a game that is even missing itīs probable day 1 patch(with wich pop ups for example could very well be fixed) and there is the word "terrible" around?...

now thats!!! nitpicking...

I forgot we weren't allowed to talk about opinions... -___-