PDA

View Full Version : please highlight what missions/tasks there are?

Arvaesia
10-26-2012, 08:43 PM
what kind of missions are there?
Forgive me but i have never played any of the ac3 games, but am a big fan of history and free roaming games like skyrim, gta etc. What i am wondering is what kind of missions are there in ac3? are we talking a major viarety like in skyrim that is not just "kil this person , kill that person" or is it really all about killing hence the assasin character i guess???

projectpat06
10-26-2012, 09:03 PM
The first game was mostly just assassinations with a few minor tasks before each one and a ton of exploring in a open world. Since AC2, the games have taken more of the Grand Theft Auto route where there's a main story you can play through by going to given mission markers and also bunch of different side quests. There's been an economic system where you could buy weapons, armor, artwork, clothing dies, property etc. You can obviously go around and cause mischief, build your brotherhood of assassins, and of course kill. In AC3, they've created a huge open world with a long detailed story, tons of side missions, mini games, hunting, killing, purchasing upgrades, weapons, oufits, etc. You can upgrade you homestead, ship, arsenal, and group of assassins (who each come with their own set of missions). If you like Grand Theft Auto or Red DEad Redemption but in a historical setting and like having some amounts of RPG elements without the class upgrades and leveling then this is your game.

BBALive
10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I had to laugh when you said that Skyrim had varied quests.

tjbyrum1
10-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Skyrim has terrible quests. It's just a lot of 'Go here, talk to to him, kill him'; they're terrible.

Games like GTA, RDR, and AC are dynamic, whereas Skyrim is very basic and static. The missions are very cinematic in my opinion.

Arvaesia
10-26-2012, 09:26 PM
I thought skyrim had good missions but i dont care i will get ac3

tjbyrum1
10-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Honestly, I've never liked anything put out by Bethesda. People can praise them as much as they want, and I'll agree they have a good concept, but they pull it off rather cheaply and it doesn't turn out to great.

Arvaesia
10-26-2012, 09:54 PM
il be content not to have to have an over complicated main story with too many species and all the magic bs.

projectpat06
10-26-2012, 10:01 PM
il be content not to have to have an over complicated main story with too many species and all the magic bs.
Well, the story is actually very rich in Assassin's Creed. That's one of the main reason's I've played all of them. I honestly suggest picking up AC2 at least or the Ezio trilogy. You can beat AC2 in a week or two depending on how much time u have then move to AC3.

Honestly, I've never liked anything put out by Bethesda. People can praise them as much as they want, and I'll agree they have a good concept, but they pull it off rather cheaply and it doesn't turn out to great.
I honestly loved skyrim but it is supposed to be a 1st person game. The third person animations and models are getting better but I wish they would go back to the drawing board to make the animations more fluid and believable.

Arvaesia
10-26-2012, 10:04 PM
i love 18th century history seven years war . american rev etc this will be the game for me. with gta style play and varied missions.