PDA

View Full Version : What kind of playthrough are you gonna do on AC3?

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 01:07 PM
And by that I mean like any challenge runs, limited weapons, etc. Me personally Im doing a tomahawk, hidden blade, and bare handed only playthrough. What kinda playthrough are you all gonna do, or give me idea's on how to tweak my playthrough.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Why would I want to limit my experience on the first playthrough?

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Why would I want to limit my experience on the first playthrough?

I never said first playthrough I just meant in general.

F4H bandicoot
10-25-2012, 01:16 PM
I'll probably try and do a stealth play through, seeing as it appears we have stealthy options now.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I generally don't challenge myself more than avoiding all unnecessary kills or something.

HisSpiritLives
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I just know that i am going to get a lot of fun, but how i dunno.

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 01:25 PM
I'll probably try and do a stealth play through, seeing as it appears we have stealthy options now.

I like that idea, stealth seems fun and alittle challenging

BeCk41
10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
definately gonna do a stealth playthrough, but as LightRey said you shouldn't limit yourself to anything in the game.

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 01:39 PM
definately gonna do a stealth playthrough, but as LighRey said you shouldn't limit yourself to anything in the game.

I don't do it to limit I do it to try and get a challenge out of these games, even from AC1 the games have been really easy for me and I've made special playthroughs that I do for a second or third playthrough of the AC games.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't like for games to be very challenging tbh. Just pisses me off really. Not that I like for them to be ultra-easy either, mind you, but I just want challenge for immersion reasons. It's not immersive if you can breeze through the game without any skill at all, nor is it if you keep dying all the time.

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't like for games to be very challenging tbh. Just pisses me off really. Not that I like for them to be ultra-easy either, mind you, but I just want challenge for immersion reasons. It's not immersive if you can breeze through the game without any skill at all, nor is it if you keep dying all the time.

Yes someone who finally gets it.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I will play the kind of playthrough where I play the game and have fun ;)

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I will play the kind of playthrough where I play the game and have fun ;)
Touche sir

MT4K
10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
I'll just wing it.

Krayus Korianis
10-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I'll be sneaky... Until the time comes for when I have to use brute force... Then it'll be sneaky-power.

IWGCJoeCool
10-25-2012, 02:54 PM
when i saw the title of this thread, i had a different idea of the discussion...

i took it to mean, how i/you will try to play the game to some level of 100% completion. in AC2, for example, i concentrated on the main objectives, to reach the final conflict, winning the game. then i revisited all the areas to get all the Treasure and Feathers. then i revisited to get all the 'Cheevos. then i revisited to do as many of the Pigeon Coop Contracts, Races, Beat-Ups, and Courrier Jobs. that's where the possibilty of 100% Synch lies.

but in AC3, and being current finally with the series, the plan would be to play each Memory Block(if that is still the setup) to completion before moving on.

i'm kind of new to not only this game series, but games like this in general. i'm real late to the party, but enjoying it immensely. i spent 3 years on the Wii playing Tiger Woods PGA with Motion Controls, and moved on to XBox with high hopes for TW13 and Kinect. i was bitterly disappointed by it, and EA's efforts on it. Motion Controls or no, that series has spiraled downhill over the years...so bad that after nearly 4 years of daily play i traded TW13 off at gamestop for a copy of AC2. so now i find myself a big fan of a different kind of game.

anywho, i've found parts of AC1 and AC2 to be very challenging, and others falling into my wheelhouse. a Stealth approach would seem to fall into the intent of the game series, while bringing enough conflict and fighting when you get careless. there seems to be plenty of fighting moves, weapons and tactics, and at some point, every one of them is needed, so it doesnt much pay to avoid all of it or you wont be able to remember them all. it took all those goal revisits to AC2 before i could calmly remember and switch to any tactic.

in closing, i've found the series to be plenty hard enough, but i'm not a longtime experienced gamer.

i run a little Forum on Zetaboards, previously dedicated to the golf, but that's been abandoned for other games. we're a small group, some on 360, some on PS3, some noobs like me, some more experienced. we post and share experiences and give advice. we'll probably wind up getting into the Multi-Player stuff together too. drop me a PM if you would like to be part of this small group. sorry for the sell job, just looking for some new friends to get into the game with.

JC / Connor Yothore

XBox Gamertag is IWGCJoeCool

JACKofA11TradeZ
10-25-2012, 02:58 PM
when i saw the title of this thread, i had a different idea of the discussion...

i took it to mean, how i/you will try to play the game to some level of 100% completion. in AC2, for example, i concentrated on the main objectives, to reach the final conflict, winning the game. then i revisited all the areas to get all the Treasure and Feathers. then i revisited to get all the 'Cheevos. then i revisited to do as many of the Pigeon Coop Contracts, Races, Beat-Ups, and Courrier Jobs. that's where the possibilty of 100% Synch lies.

but in AC3, and being current finally with the series, the plan would be to play each Memory Block(if that is still the setup) to completion before moving on.

i'm kind of new to not only this game series, but games like this in general. i'm real late to the party, but enjoying it immensely. i spent 3 years on the Wii playing Tiger Woods PGA with Motion Controls, and moved on to XBox with high hopes for TW13 and Kinect. i was bitterly disappointed by it, and EA's efforts on it. Motion Controls or no, that series has spiraled downhill over the years...so bad that after nearly 4 years of daily play i traded TW13 off at gamestop for a copy of AC2. so now i find myself a big fan of a different kind of game.

anywho, i've found parts of AC1 and AC2 to be very challenging, and others falling into my wheelhouse. a Stealth approach would seem to fall into the intent of the game series, while bringing enough conflict and fighting when you get careless. there seems to be plenty of fighting moves, weapons and tactics, and at some point, every one of them is needed, so it doesnt much pay to avoid all of it or you wont be able to remember them all. it took all those goal revisits to AC2 before i could calmly remember and switch to any tactic.

in closing, i've found the series to be plenty hard enough, but i'm not a longtime experienced gamer.

i run a little Forum on Zetaboards, previously dedicated to the golf, but that's been abandoned for other games. we're a small group, some on 360, some on PS3, some noobs like me, some more experienced. we post and share experiences and give advice. we'll probably wind up getting into the Multi-Player stuff together too. drop me a PM if you would like to be part of this small group. sorry for the sell job, just looking for some new friends to get into the game with.

JC / Connor Yothore

XBox Gamertag is IWGCJoeCool
In the since that you and I played through AC II similar to how I did I would say that's probably how I'm gonna handle AC 3 main story, side objectives and such last.

IWGCJoeCool
10-25-2012, 03:26 PM
thanx for the reply JACK, but i dont have a hard tried n true method. i bought and played AC's 1 & 2, just to get familiar with the game and story. initially i had no goal beyond the final fight or conflict. not being an experienced gamer, i even thought i might still be struggling to finish AC1 at this point. as it turned out, it was highly addictive, and many times, a 2-hour play plan turned into a 5-hour "where did the afternoon go". i'm just happy i'll be starting AC3 when it is new and fresh to communities/forums like this, and we'll all be struggling or progressing close to the same pace. on the flip side, i'm playing L.A. Noire right now, another great game, but i'm a year behind the world, and the buzz is less than fresh. i signed up/into the Rockstar Social Club thing that supports L.A.N, but all current discussion and activity revolves around Max Payne 3.

so to elaborate, my plan is to fully immerse myself in AC3, and see what the first playthrough gets me. what i dont want to do is replay levels/memories just to find Feathers. (or whatever)

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
I think I'm going to take it slow, doing side missions and main narrative back to back. Main reason is that side missions grant you new equipment and things that will most likely be useful for full sync. Thats another thing. First playthrough I will try to get 100% on each mission but if I don't I won't replay it until I finish the whole game.

Muzza8391
10-25-2012, 04:38 PM
I will play as stealthy as possible. Also going to try and complete as much of it as possible doing challenges, side missions etc.

supermoc10
10-26-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm gonna be as stealthy as possible. In previous games, I pretty much played like a soldier. I'll try to do it mostly stealth playthrough the first time, along with completing all side-missions,challenges,syncs,etc... I'll probably do a playthrough where I'll be as violent as possible.

blackskillz
10-26-2012, 09:08 PM
My first playthrough will mainly focus on 100% sync and all singleplayer trophies, after that I'm gonna do a Stealth walkthrough and after that a Combat Walkthrough.