PDA

View Full Version : Do you know anything about your ancestors?

Crazybone992
10-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I found this type of thread in the console section but couldn't find it here so I started my own :) This is the place where you can tell something about your ancestors. Ok so let me tell something about my own ancestry first. So I am from Finland and the first mention of my family can be traced to the 17th century but I know nothing about their lives. Also, my great grandfather was a member of The "whites" and fought during the civil war of Finland in 1918. (the "whites" and the "reds" were the two factions in the war) Russian revolution was one of the reasons behind this war since The "reds" were backed up by the new communist regime of Russia.
That's everything I know :/

spectatorx
10-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I need an animus to get proper knowledge about my ancestors :D
I've seen guys in ubisoft have at least one!

FourTotal
10-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Mine go back to the late 1500's in southern england as far as we have been able to trace. My sister did the legwork using legal documents from the gov't.

andreja110s
10-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Uh, I know things abot my grandma, thatīs how far I can go XD. Well, she and her parents were transfered in Bosnia (I think in 1945) due to the 2. world war. She was a little girl back then. One day she was singing an anti- partisan song, and luckily they just laughed at that. She was playing near a river and she fell in the water. If it wasnīt for a Bosnian man she would have drown. After the world war was over, they got to Maribor( a city in Slovenia). She didnīt speak Slovenian, but with the help of other kids she managed to learn the language. Her aunt offered her an orange and my grandma didnīt know what that was, so the aunt started crying. The other girls were laughing at her because she was the only girl wearing pants. After a few years she moved to the city which is now our home. And other things happened there but I donīt have the will to write them down. Iīm just too lazy :p And if there is any grammar mistake, Iīm sorry.
I hope I wasnīt boring.

Crazybone992
11-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Uh, I know things abot my grandma, thatīs how far I can go XD. Well, she and her parents were transfered in Bosnia (I think in 1945) due to the 2. world war. She was a little girl back then. One day she was singing an anti- partisan song, and luckily they just laughed at that. She was playing near a river and she fell in the water. If it wasnīt for a Bosnian man she would have drown. After the world war was over, they got to Maribor( a city in Slovenia). She didnīt speak Slovenian, but with the help of other kids she managed to learn the language. Her aunt offered her an orange and my grandma didnīt know what that was, so the aunt started crying. The other girls were laughing at her because she was the only girl wearing pants. After a few years she moved to the city which is now our home. And other things happened there but I donīt have the will to write them down. Iīm just too lazy :p And if there is any grammar mistake, Iīm sorry.
I hope I wasnīt boring.
No you are not boring at all :D great story

andreja110s
11-01-2012, 09:33 PM
No you are not boring at all :D great story

Thanks, man :)

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 05:59 AM
The earliest I've been able to trace my ancestors to, is to a family of native kings who ruled over a small portion of Bengal before being defeated by the Mughals.. They were among the last kingdoms to fall as the Mughals extended their empire to the whole Indian subcontinent. So that sucks I guess lol.

Empha
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Well, all my ancestors (tracing back to ~1600) have been living in Sweden. And everyone have been living around the same location during that time. So yeah, pretty fun life :p

Moving on...
Their professions have been ranging between crafting knifes, making boats, farmers, priests, soldiers under Karl XII (in "dalaregementet"), witches and other sutff which I cant recall)
Witches.. yeah. During the biggest witch hunt in the Dalarna region of Sweden about 5 women of my ancestor were drowned as a result of the witch trials (they tied their limbs and threw the "witches" in a lake. If they would float they were witches and would be killed. If they drowned they weren't and would get a place in heaven.)

Since I dont have my freaking huge book about the soldiers in dalaregementet I cant write more about it (at the moment).

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Interesting topic, I'm related to Robert Louis Stevenson.