PDA

View Full Version : Performance Wise, PS3 or Xbox 360?

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 04:00 AM
When it comes to graphics, I could care less. Sure, I prefer having great graphics, but it's not a priority; so long as I can play the game and enjoy the game, I am fine.

So that's why I want to ask this question. In your honest, non-biased opinion, will AC3 run better performance-wise on my Xbox 360 or PS3?

My PS3 was made in September 2008, so it's quite old, so it is understandable if the performance would not be good for it. My Xbox 360 was made in 2011, cause it is the Gears of War 3 exclusive Xbox 360. I've already pre-ordered for Xbox 360, cause I prefer buying all my games for it for specific reasons. But I could go exchange this copy for a PS3 copy.

I know I asked a question similar in the past, not to long ago actually, but this is different. Have we heard any news about how the game runs on specific consoles? Have they said anything about ''major issues on the Xbox'' or anything? Or do you think they'll run equally on both consoles? I'm pretty sure the answer will be "Xbox 360" but I just want to make absolutely sure. I've heard the Xbox 360 has slightly lesser graphics than the PS3, but it runs slightly better than the PS3 - whether that is true or not I do not know.

Also, is it true about the AI, clipping, etc? I know it's not enough to 'break' the game, and it sure as hell isn't going to stop me from getting it, but I would like to know if that is true and if you think Ubi will fix it soon.

Thanks in advance.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Flame boy war gonna start (Which is obvious)

Yes.. I`m calling it.. i`m instigating it by mentioning it... BAN ME !!

WilderaWild
10-25-2012, 04:05 AM
PS3 has one disc for the whole game but (My Opinion) Xbox has a more comfortable control feel. They both perform about the same...

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Thanks WilderaWild.

Assassin_M, I brought water buckets just in case.

I asked a question, and I got an answer. Lock or close or delete.

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 04:25 AM
PS3 of course, PS has a more comfortable control feel to it.

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 04:26 AM
PS3 of course, PS has a more comfortable control feel to it.

GET THEM WATER BUCKETS !!

n

Theassassin4756
10-25-2012, 04:32 AM
if anything both versions are going to be close as the Anvil next is a more thought out Multiplatform engine. I'm sticking with the PS3.

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 04:33 AM
wtf does anything have to do with 'comfortable control feel'? that's not performance... unless you're talking about reactions when I press buttons.

Theassassin4756
10-25-2012, 04:39 AM
my guess is that the PS3 was project lead. You are probably gonna see a V-synced ps3 version at 30fps and a adaptive v-sync 360 version, as seems to be the trend with recent multiplats. the big question will be resolution. Will Both be 720p or will one be sub hd and the other 720? We won't know till digital foundry does comparisons.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Flame boy war gonna start (Which is obvious)

Yes.. I`m calling it.. i`m instigating it by mentioning it... BAN ME !!

you always do lol.

BATISTABUS
10-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Who knows? If I had to guess, I'd say Xbox because that's how its been for the previous games.

On a side note, I think their controller also feels better with the "Assassin's Claw" (because of the trigger).

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 06:26 AM
Who knows? If I had to guess, I'd say Xbox because that's how its been for the previous games.

On a side note, I think their controller also feels better with the "Assassin's Claw" (because of the trigger).If you think so, sir

DTfunjumper
10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Some people just want to see this thread nurn (FLAMEWARS, get it? What a joke)...
My answer: You should buy it for *insert random console*, because it's better than *insert the other random console here* because that one sucks.
You should always buy games for *reinsert first console* as it's better in *insert random, not even true "facts" here*'.

misterB2001
10-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Didn't the OP post a very similar topic a week or so ago?

playassassins1
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
You shouldn't have asked this.... you obviously won't get a straight answer.

Xbox players will say the xbox one is better in their opinion.
And ps3 players will say the ps3 one is better in their opinion......

I'd say, wait until the game comes out. Watch the reviews. Check Head2head, to see which version is better.

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 10:15 AM
I think both versions should be the same this year because of AnvilNext and you also see the 360 and PS3 versions becoming more similar year after year. However none of us can know. Judging from the past 4 AC games I would say Xbox 360.

Just so you know I own both consoles and have played AC games on both.

BBALive
10-25-2012, 12:20 PM
My PS3 was made in September 2008, so it's quite old, so it is understandable if the performance would not be good for it. My Xbox 360 was made in 2011, cause it is the Gears of War 3 exclusive Xbox 360. I've already pre-ordered for Xbox 360, cause I prefer buying all my games for it for specific reasons. But I could go exchange this copy for a PS3 copy.

The year that you bought the console really doesn't matter.

Legendz54
10-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Theres barely any difference, Fanboys try to make other consoles look bad by over emphasising on things that you barely notice.

http://youtu.be/cOJubWr78OI

I say PS3 wins in the above video, Simply because of the slightly better lighting and textures.

lightlamp
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Most multi platform games perform better on the Xbox

playassassins1
10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Console war inbound.

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Theres barely any difference, Fanboys try to make other consoles look bad by over emphasising on things that you barely notice.

http://youtu.be/cOJubWr78OI

I say PS3 wins in the above video, Simply because of the slightly better lighting and textures.

Which can be altered depending on the tv...

BeCk41
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure. Playstation 3 has a Blueray player and Xbox does not. Although when I see videos of people posting Ps3 videos, they always seem to be blurrier than Xbox vids for some reason. Both consoles have about the same amount of quality as long as you have an HDMI cable for both. I do think PS3 wins by a slim margin though. I'd get one if I weren't completely broke buying newly released games.
-Xbox & PC player so you can't bash meeeeee!http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/rottentomato.gif

Krayus Korianis
10-25-2012, 01:49 PM

Sorry, but the PS3 doesn't have better lighting. (All I saw was dark lighting and on the Xbox (Which was actually not even close to the 360's lighting) was washed out due to someone making it that way.) Textures are the same on both consoles.

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 03:17 PM
When you compare the game you don't compare colours and darkness, you compare framerate and screentearing. That and texture popping etc is what you need to look for.

tjbyrum1
10-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Exactly Pacmanate, and that's why I'm here.

TrueStoic
10-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Most multi platform games perform better on the Xbox
Alright before anyone jups to conclusions , NO this is not a fanboy statement.

I have been behind an xbox for about 2 years , had it as a rental.
I have later bought the ps3. This is my experience;
- games which are on both platforms, generaly do run smoother on the 360 than on the PS3 ( later i found out that almost all multiplat. games are coded and made for the 360 and later just "ported" to the ps3, which makes the ps3 "lag" or just procces the data a bit longer because it lacks a bit on the RAM over the xbox. )
- games that are made exclusively for each console not only are made for them and are as such optimized for them, they may also run at 1080p(i) natively during actualy play ( not just cutscenes)
i have never seen im my life a native 1080p(i) multiplatform game. BUT the diference betwen a 720p or 1080p gameplay? if you notice the diference on your home LCD, then you are obviously not concentrating on the game :P
. my biggest example is Assassins Creed Revelations.
I was crying for my money back after i tried to freerun through the bazaar. and not just the bazaar , everytime the console had to load at least some background , it was unsatisfeing to say the least. Screen tearing, way below 25fps , which is not JUST noticable but a ripoff for 50€. imagine buying new car and i cant go over 2nd gear.
On the xbox it did run smoother. yet not COMPLETELY without those hickups but better than on the ps3. which made me think that they coded revelations like piece of cr*p in teh 1st place.. then add the extra time a console needs to calculate through translating all the coding during your gamaplay.. it adds up to me crying
Even stranger though, that my friend bought it for the PC, the perfomance? tears of Freaking, joy. way over 30 fps at all times, no screen tearing whatsoever. a performance expected from a console. not a blow average PC.

Now i dont know on what console they sarted with at making AC3, but i sincerely hope it was at both with their development time. ACB and Revelations were released in a 1 year span, a lot less time. why? they just made it for 1 console and ported ( added another layer ontop of the data so the ps3 can even read and procces it.)

These things are from various reveiw sites and "perfomance" comparements on youtube and some things from my personal experience.

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Well the 360 is better for multiplats, it is common sense.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Hasn't the devs said that the games preform equally well?

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Hasn't the devs said that the games preform equally well?

They will always say that to stop fanboying or fans attacking them saying they are lazy

Sn1p3r-28
10-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Personally I'll be getting the PS3 version as I have all previous Assassin's Creed games on that platform so I want to complete the collection so to speak, plus the exclusive DLC is a bonus.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 07:16 PM
They will always say that to stop fanboying or fans attacking them saying they are lazy

I think both version will run just fine, is it the ps3 you think will run best or?

pacmanate
10-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I think both version will run just fine, is it the ps3 you think will run best or?

Judging from the past 4 games I still the the 360 will be "better" framerate and screen tearing wise because its made on 360 then ported, however I think the difference will be very minimal this time.

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure. Playstation 3 has a Blueray player and Xbox does not. Although when I see videos of people posting Ps3 videos, they always seem to be blurrier than Xbox vids for some reason. Both consoles have about the same amount of quality as long as you have an HDMI cable for both. I do think PS3 wins by a slim margin though. I'd get one if I weren't completely broke buying newly released games.
-Xbox & PC player so you can't bash meeeeee!http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/silly/rottentomato.gifi'd take your challenge

connor_bg
10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Don't know but the object details suck at the game, the graphic seem kind of crappy compared to acr, but the distanced details are improved, the frontier graphics are amazing too, but indoor or small objects and secondary characters clothes suck at graphics.

xXRyzonXx
10-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Don't know but the object details suck at the game, the graphic seem kind of crappy compared to acr, but the distanced details are improved, the frontier graphics are amazing too, but indoor or small objects and secondary characters clothes suck at graphics.

You suck at graphics! ;)

connor_bg
10-25-2012, 07:49 PM
You suck at graphics! ;)

Do you want to suck something else? :D Just joking :P

De Filosoof
10-25-2012, 08:11 PM

Did you play the game?

I have the same feeling about the graphics and have the feeling that it's not just a "youtube compression" issue like many people try to claim here.
But i haven't played the game so i can't draw conclusions yet.

AssassinVenice
10-25-2012, 09:31 PM
PS3 is the way to go for AC3. Benedict Arnold exclusive missions plus AC Liberation connectivity are some of the main reasons I'm getting it on my PS3.

The13Doctors
10-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Performance wise? PC, and even though I spent 700 bucks on a Gaming PC just for AC3, I ended up getting the Xbox version because PC was delayed. Ah well, still got Revelations on PC I guess.

LightRey
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
People, you should stop answering questions the OP isn't asking. He's asking which platform out of Xbox 360 and PS3 is better performance-wise​.