PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Retailer Pre-order DLC bonuses being in the season pass?

geneticwonder
10-24-2012, 11:12 PM
I apologize in advance, but I tried to use the search but have not found a previous post in regards to this question. Does anyone know or was it mentioned by the UBI staff somewhere that the 5 US retailer exclusives (Best Buy, Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart and Target) will eventually be a part of the Assassin's Creed Season Pass? I am debating what retailer to keep my pre-order from and have actually pre-ordered at different locations. I need to decide as I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered at Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop, yet I am still tempted by Target and Walmart since they are still available for pre-order. I wanted to ensure I was locked in with the best retailer CE, as I was afraid it would have been sold out and I did not want to miss out on the pre-order DLC bonuses.

Since that is not the case as far as being rare, I need to cancel two of these pre-orders. Instead of banging my head and deciding which place I should keep my pre-order, I would just be happy to know if all of these DLC will be available for D/L later. I know most retailer DLC exclusives do get released later as paid DLC, but that is not always the case and the same thing when it comes to console exclusives and you can look at PS3 exclusive on Assassin's Creed Copernicus Conspiracy and Benedict Arnold for PS3 as examples. So should I stick to just one retail pre-order and hope that all of these pre-order DLC bonuses will eventually be released in these 5 announced DLC packages for the Season Pass? Thanks in advance for the help and I am counting the minutes for this release!

geneticwonder
10-25-2012, 02:10 AM
So there have been 86 views and not one person knows or heard anything about this as I am sure I am not the only one that has wondered about this?

Assassin_M
10-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Bumping is not allowed..

and welcome to the forums..

And No, the Pre order bonuses will not be a part of the Season pass in the traditional sense, because these most likely will release with the Single Player DLC, just like the 2 years before..

kidhero99
10-25-2012, 03:59 AM
oh it will

BAILIES123
10-25-2012, 04:22 AM
to be honest with you, i want to pre-order as well but there are so many variations on the different pre-order bonuses i don't know which one to go with either

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 04:45 AM
None of the season pass dlc is any retailer preorder dlc.

geneticwonder
10-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the welcome post, I appreciate it and sorry for bumping! I am confused now by your post. So what you are saying is that the pre-order bonus DLC will be a part of a single player DLC "outside" of the Season Pass? I thought if you bought the Season Pass that you would get ALL DLC??? So there is going to be even more DLC outside of teh Season Pass that we will have to buy? I am not familiar with what happened 2 years ago with the DLC from pre-orders and how it was released after the game's launch? Thank you!

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 05:13 PM
You can look at the season pass thread to see the reason to but it. But preorder dlc is 'outside the season pass.

geneticwonder
10-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks, but do "you" feel that these pre-order items will eventually be available down the road for us to buys as DLC even if it is not in season pass form? I am just on the fence on cancelling several of these pre-orders from the retailers, but I really want all of the extra the missions that they have and want the complete AC3 experience and that is why I am switching from 360 to PS3 for the first time in this series as I want the Benedict Arnold missions as this is one of my all-time favorite time periods.

FinalJ1
10-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks, but do "you" feel that these pre-order items will eventually be available down the road for us to buys as DLC even if it is not in season pass form? I am just on the fence on cancelling several of these pre-orders from the retailers, but I really want all of the extra the missions that they have and want the complete AC3 experience and that is why I am switching from 360 to PS3 for the first time in this series as I want the Benedict Arnold missions as this is one of my all-time favorite time periods.

Yes all preorder dlc will be available upon or short time after release. But the Benedict Arnold mission pack is PS3 exclusive. So it will not be released on 360.

geneticwonder
10-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you and cancelling several of my pre-orders now. I appreciate it!