PDA

View Full Version : ACIII, Should i get it for PC or for my Xbox?

Exentenzed
10-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Hello.

Im basicly asking here because i can't seem to make up my mind wether to get AC3 for PC or Xbox. due to having too little information to actually make the decision.

I have played all the previous Assassins creed games on my Xbox, mainly due to the fact i started my first AC adventure on the consoles, and as such i have stuck with it.
Now however i am a bit conflicted. I know i have a PC that can handle AC3 fairly well, but since i have never really tried any of the games in the franchise on a PC im looking for your advice on the subject.

The things that makes it hard for me to decide are the following:

#1: The controls on the PC, are they intuitive? Can every action be reassigned to what i see fit? Or do you think AC will be a better experience with a controller?

#2: I see that Ubi have decided to release the PC version 1 month later, with the previous releases of the AC games, have they used this time well to make it a good port to PC?

#3: Are the graphics substantially better on a PC? Will i have a increased view distance on a PC? (The last one here is key, as i usually take my time laying strategies, beeing able to benefit from objects rendering at a greater distance helps alot here.)

I do not frequent these forums often, so i do not know how you do things around here. But i will respectfully ask you to keep your answers civilized. Im not looking to start any sort of trouble with these questions. I can assure you these are genuine concerns.

Thank you.

-Exentenzed

AntiChrist7
10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
well a console has the clear advantage (especially if you dont have a pc gamepad). you will find more players online, and you get the game a month sooner.

On the whole the pc-games are excellent quality, thats not the issue. but its a game you have to play with a gamepad, obviously

ProletariatPleb
10-24-2012, 10:36 AM
1. Yeah you can assign most of the keys to whatever you see fit(I can't remember any that were not changeable so I'll say most, just for the sake of it.) and it entirely depends on you, I've played all the ACs with a keyboard and mouse and have had no problems.

2. Somewhat yes. It's rather subjective.

3. I can say for AC3, yes, it will have DirectX11 and TSAA, as well as a better lighting system(approximation of subsurface scattering) also higher texture resolution. I can't say for the draw distance, they haven't improved that in the past games but this time they're doing a lot of things so maybe they'll fix the LOD/draw distance issue as well.

Seems they are trying this time...
http://i.imgur.com/ey5KR.png

dex3108BL
10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
If you have wired Xbox 360 controller you can plug in it in PC and it will work. If you have Windows 7 drivers will be installed automatically. So you will get better graphic and old control scheme :D

Exentenzed
10-24-2012, 11:29 AM
I do not have a wired xbox controller. However i googled it, and found that i could buy the cable needed to use my current controller on my PC and i do have Windows 7. :)

Thanks for clarifying on the graphics part, while it's not the most important aspect of games it does help immersion. Also let's hope they do have an increased view distance on PC, that would indeed be lovely.

Thanks to all of you for your quick responses. :D

As of right now i think i will wait for the PC release. (Waiting that extra month will be slightly hard though. :o)

-Exentenzed

AntiChrist7
10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
(Waiting that extra month will be slightly hard though. :o)

I wouldnt underestimated though. There is a big chance you will look up the walkthrough up on youtube, if you're very passionate about the series. ACR only had a delay of two weeks, but i looked up most of it (not untill the end)on youtube, cause i couldnt wait. I hated myself for it, but just to illustrate...