PDA

View Full Version : Lorne Balfe

misterB2001
10-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Has he just hinted at next years AC on twitter?

"in Quebec, lovely place, starting the next Creed adventure"

dex3108BL
10-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Movie maybe? DLC OST? :D

kosmoscreed
10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
it could be something related with the movie, or something like embers, maybe not a game. So we are stuck with Balfe?, Jesper is gone? :(

misterB2001
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
never considered it being the movie, i doubt it will be DLC as he worded it as the 'next' adventure

andreja110s
10-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Wasn´t AC4 (or whatever it will be called) allready ´announced´?

misterB2001
10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
No?

xXRyzonXx
10-23-2012, 01:20 PM
I somehow doubt a composer would be allowed to hint at games..

SevereAtrophy
10-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Well its been mentioned about a game release coming out side by side with the film.

If he was mentioning a new game could be that.

True_Assassin92
10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Well its been mentioned about a game release coming out side by side with the film.

If he was mentioning a new game could be that.

What's the release date of the film?

EscoBlades
10-23-2012, 01:45 PM
it could be something related with the movie, or something like embers, maybe not a game. So we are stuck with Balfe?, Jesper is gone? :(

In the nicest possible way, people really need to drop this attitude.

SevereAtrophy
10-23-2012, 01:45 PM
What's the release date of the film?

There hasn't been one mentioned yet.

AWBiggs
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Guys, he's most likely there for an ACIII launch party

AWBiggs
10-23-2012, 01:51 PM

...Glad someone else thinks this. Getting tired of the attitude of some.

misterB2001
10-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I highly doubt it. Its clear he's about to start a new project

AWBiggs
10-23-2012, 01:53 PM
I highly doubt it. Its clear he's about to start a new project

No, he said the "next Creed adventure" which is ACIII. ...or he's working with the band Creed on a new album, haha

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
ya aint got to like it but you got to respect it

misterB2001
10-23-2012, 02:00 PM
No, he said the next Creed adventure, which is ACIII

His work on ACIII finished a few month ago, how can that be considered to be the next adventure and why would he go to Quebec for a launch party a full week before it launches?

SevereAtrophy
10-23-2012, 02:04 PM
To be fair people like this tweet things like that just to get a reaction like the one here.

Its all hype.

Mr John Dread
10-23-2012, 02:09 PM
lol people overreacting. Anyways, orchestrating a product usually is one of the later steps in game development. In that sense game- and movieproduction are quite similar.

kriegerdesgottes
10-23-2012, 02:11 PM

So it seems:(

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 02:13 PM
That was the first thing that popped up on google.

IWGCJoeCool
10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
dont forget that we will be soon entering the era of multi-media entertainment and gaming, where one parallels the other...check out, Spring 2013, Defiance...a ScyFy Channel series and companion video game. very ambitious and i hope it works. that's the tip of the iceberg when you consider what will be possible with MS Smartglass and the new WiiU gamepad.

Mr_Shade
10-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Indeed...

Some of the soundtrack to AC3 - is amazing..

Change is good sometimes - people just need to give it a chance ;)

SevereAtrophy
10-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I actually really enjoy Balfe's stuff, Im more than happy with his contribution to the AC brand.

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Music is music to me, as long as it isn't happy Irish crap I am good.

Mr John Dread
10-23-2012, 02:31 PM

Aww come on. You know, my favorite is ACB and you know how I know it is? I can reproduce the melody of the music in there. Music can make an awesome game legendary ;P

AWBiggs
10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
His work on ACIII finished a few month ago, how can that be considered to be the next adventure and why would he go to Quebec for a launch party a full week before it launches?

Taking a holiday maybe? Perhaps catching up with the Ubi team? Doing some interviews or press stuff. Dude is from Scotland, he's prolly making the most of some free travel...you're reading waaaay to much into this.

misterB2001
10-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Taking a holiday maybe? Perhaps catching up with the Ubi team? Doing some interviews or press stuff. Dude is from Scotland, he's prolly making the most of some free travel...you're reading waaaay to much into this.
holiday? Possibly, but why post about starting the next Creed adventure?
Catching up with the Ubi team? Surely he'd go to Montreal for that?
Doing interviews and press stuff? I doubt it.

Reading too much into it? Perhaps, but either way, im convinced its something for a new project, like discussing the movie or another AC game.

IWGCJoeCool
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM

sorry, but i have to differ here my friend. music is a key ingredient, and the right music elevates it. have you ever watched any of the "Making Of" stuff for a film, where they show it with and without the background soundtrack? while playing the AC games, i have constantly found the excitement and my tension elevated by the music when in battle or being chased...none more so than when there is a time limit involved.

Ielgon
10-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Maybe by "starting the next adventure" he just means that he's finally going to play the final version of the game? Either that, a smaller sideproject or some travelling that has to do with AC3. Can't be anything for AC4 already (if he leaked it like this, before AC3 is even out, they would probably fire him).

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 03:39 PM
sorry, but i have to differ here my friend. music is a key ingredient, and the right music elevates it. have you ever watched any of the "Making Of" stuff for a film, where they show it with and without the background soundtrack? while playing the AC games, i have constantly found the excitement and my tension elevated by the music when in battle or being chased...none more so than when there is a time limit involved.

Okay I came off a bit stupid before. Music isn't JUST music, but what I mean is, if it sounds epic and fits, who cares who composed it.

misterB2001
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Maybe by "starting the next adventure" he just means that he's finally going to play the final version of the game? Either that, a smaller sideproject or some travelling that has to do with AC3. Can't be anything for AC4 already (if he leaked it like this, before AC3 is even out, they would probably fire him).

As someone else said, it'll probably be something they are doing for the movie, seems as they are trying to fast track it.

twenty_glyphs
10-23-2012, 05:23 PM

He posted a very similar tweet last year just after Revelations came out, and we all know what he meant by that now...

Fantastic couple of days at @Ubisoft . Fantastic team of people and great to see how it is all done !Looking forward to the next adventure !

https://twitter.com/Lornebalfe/status/139842881199411200

ACfan443
10-23-2012, 05:32 PM
He posted a very similar tweet last year just after Revelations came out, and we all know what he meant by that now...

https://twitter.com/Lornebalfe/status/139842881199411200

Oooh...now it's very likely he's talking about the next AC. Doesn't necessarily have to be AC4, just another side game.

lukaszep
10-23-2012, 07:54 PM
lol people overreacting. Anyways, orchestrating a product usually is one of the later steps in game development. In that sense game- and movieproduction are quite similar.

Well if it's for a game, he could certainly be starting that now. Possibly getting a look at the new game, getting a brief?
It can't be for a film, I don't think it's even been greenlit yet, and a score wouldn't start coming together until mid-production.