PDA

View Full Version : which system should I buy it for?

Polishwonder
10-22-2012, 09:06 PM
I have both the ps3 and xbox 360. I use my xbox for most of my games but I hear rumors that the ps3 version will be better because it was the lead console. Can anyone confirm this? Im not trying to start a flame war I just want to know what the differences will be besides disc swapping and the extra hour of the ps3 versions. Help will be appreciated Thank you

Assassin_M
10-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Both are the same in regards to performance and Graphics, and no, PS 3 is not the lead platform.

If you want an extra hour, I suggest the PS3, other than that, you wont find any noticeable differences..

lightlamp
10-22-2012, 09:09 PM
PC version will be the best performance wise but that doesn't come out till November the console versions will be pretty much the same.But the PS3 version has the extra hour of content

Polishwonder
10-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Cool Thank you for clearing that up for me!!!

xXRyzonXx
10-22-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm still unsure how an xbox 360 can handle ac3.... and a ps3 for that sake.

Free_Hidings
10-22-2012, 09:50 PM
PS3 has an extra hour of content, and 1 disc.

Xbox has 2 discs (1 for SP one for MP, so no disc swapping during game, but maybe for installation)

All platforms (except PC which will always reign supreme) apparently have nearly identical performance, so it's just down to personal preference and whether you want all the content or not.

If you prefer Xbox for most games then probably get it for Xbox.

Sabastian_AC
10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
I usually prefer xbox for gaming, but I'd probably go with the PS3 version to get the extra in-game content. Other than that, I don't think there will be many other differences.

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 10:31 PM
If you are that worried, wait for a Head2Head to see about framerate and screen tears. Should be one up at least by the 2nd November x

playassassins1
10-22-2012, 11:02 PM
If you are that worried, wait for a Head2Head to see about framerate and screen tears. Should be one up at least by the 2nd November x

Head2head is good. But, whatever you do, don't scroll down to the comments. It's full of Xbox fanboys and PS3 fanboys.... That's why I never check Head2head...

Back to going dark now....

GreatBeyonder
10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Well, the last set of PS3-exclusive DLC (Copernicus Conspiracy) was not really worth it... *secretly hopes it will be the case this time since he does not have PS3*

DinoSteve1
10-22-2012, 11:34 PM
I have both the ps3 and xbox 360. I use my xbox for most of my games but I hear rumors that the ps3 version will be better because it was the lead console. Can anyone confirm this? Im not trying to start a flame war I just want to know what the differences will be besides disc swapping and the extra hour of the ps3 versions. Help will be appreciated Thank you

I would say get it for whatever console you play the most or are more comfortable playing.

CalgaryJay
10-22-2012, 11:57 PM

I've only ever looked at a couple of those before, but I find even those can be biased. I was looking at one for RDR and they had the XBox side sooo much darker than how it actually looks on mine, and so much darker than the PS3 side.

Honestly, as AM said, there's not gonna be much difference, aside from an extra hour of content on the PS3. So if you don't care much about that, just get the one you prefer (or if that fails, get the one that's on sale).

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 02:17 AM
If you want the extra content get it for ps3

FinlandRam
10-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't have a PS3 and I prefer the XBOX 360 in every way, but there is the extra hour on PS3...

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Nvm, just buy it for all systems and your done

IWGCJoeCool
10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
​if you are really that serious a video gamer, and that is a step i'll never take, you have to go PC. but then you are in the 700.00 (minimum) to "how much you got" range, for a rig you wouldnt check emails with. and if you think that means it's all keyboarding and mouse work, check out the Alienware S51. it looks like a console, and you can set it up to play with your XBox and PS3 controllers. no matter how good the consoles are, or get, in the next generation, nothing will ever play or look as good as a gaming PC...and like anyone who owns a swimming pool or a boat knows, it's a whole (in the water) you throw money into.

"Cap'n" JoeCool

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I've only ever looked at a couple of those before, but I find even those can be biased. I was looking at one for RDR and they had the XBox side sooo much darker than how it actually looks on mine, and so much darker than the PS3 side.

Honestly, as AM said, there's not gonna be much difference, aside from an extra hour of content on the PS3. So if you don't care much about that, just get the one you prefer (or if that fails, get the one that's on sale).

You don't look at colours, RDR was one of the worst ports of 2011, it was horrible on the PS3. The Xbox version is so much nicer. You are supposed to look at screen tearing and frame rate which is not biased.

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 02:08 PM
or win the lotto

Mr_Shade
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
I would be careful judging the game before its official release date - as we know, there are sometimes 'day one patches' - which can fix a few issues - such as graphic errors, so just a word of warning..

Reviewers should be aware though - since it's common place.. but I may be talking porkies - since I have no real info about it ;)

So, any format should be as good as the other - it's just down to your own preference and if you want any exclusive content ;)

PaypayTR
10-23-2012, 02:13 PM
ps3 always best version of ubisoft games

kidhero99
10-23-2012, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA

Mr_Shade
10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Well I'm getting the Xbox version :) - since I prefer the pad and console being 1080p hardware upscaled helps on a large TV :)

I may also get the PS3 version.. since I prefer playing online on it ;)

CozMick
10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Regardless of performance I'll be buying the ps3 version for the extra content and no disk swapping. I may also purchase it from psn so there ain't no discs at all lol.

pacmanate
10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm getting it for 360 and PS3 so suckk it :P

LSquare
10-23-2012, 04:30 PM
I went with PS3 as that is the console I have played the past 3 AC games on. I like the controller and for AC3 you get the exclusive DLC and only 1 disc.