PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft® and new regency partner on Assassin’s Creed® film

Mr_Shade
10-22-2012, 02:47 PM
London, uk — October 22, 2012 —Today, Ubisoft® and New Regency announced that they are partnering on the forthcoming Assassin’s Creed® film.

Ubisoft Motion Pictures, the film and television division of Ubisoft, will develop the Assassin’s Creed film in close collaboration with New Regency. The development of a screenplay is beginning immediately and the project is being fast tracked as the creative pieces come together, while allowing Ubisoft to maintain control of key elements of the movie’s creative direction. Financial terms of the deal are not being disclosed.

“Ubisoft chose to partner with New Regency because they are a talent- and filmmaker-driven company, with the same independent and creative mindset that we have at Ubisoft Motion Pictures,” said Jean-Julien Baronnet, chief executive officer, Ubisoft Motion Pictures. “Bringing aboard New Regency’s renowned production and distribution expertise while maintaining our own creative and financial flexibility ensures that Assassin’s Creed will be a high-quality film that respects the lore and fans of the video game franchise.”

The partnership with New Regency comes hot on the heels of Ubisoft Motion Pictures attaching distinguished actor Michael Fassbender to the Assassin’s Creed film.

“We wanted to do everything we could to secure the rights to Assassin's Creed, which Ubisoft has maintained with such care and quality over the years,” said Brad Weston, president and chief executive officer, New Regency. "Having just finished working with Michael on Steve McQueen’s 12 Years A Slave (with Plan B) made the partnership even more irresistible."

Ubisoft Motion Pictures was created in January 2011 to expand the audience of Ubisoft’s successful video game brands by bringing them to film, television and Web series.
In addition to the Assassin’s Creed movie, the studio also is in production on the Rabbids TV series, a collection of 78 seven-minute CGI episodes based on the insane, hilarious and silly stars of the video game franchise of the same name, in partnership with France Televisions and Nickelodeon. Ubisoft Motion Pictures also has two additional feature-length films in development based on the Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon video game franchises.

About Assassin’s Creed:
Initially launched in 2007, the first four Assassin’s Creed games have sold more than 40 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series ever. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin’s Creed transcends video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences including comic books, Facebook games, novels, short films and more.

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011-12 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of € 1.061 billion. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/)<http://www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/)>

About New Regency

Founded in 1991 by renowned producer Arnon Milchan, New Regency Productions is actively engaged in entertaining the world via the production and distribution of motion pictures, television and sports through strategic alliances with media companies. Distributing its films through Twentieth Century Fox, Regency has produced many high-profile films over the years, including: Fight Club, Heat, JFK, Alvin and the Chipmunks, LA Confidential, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Under Siege, Free Willy, A Time To Kill, Devil’s Advocate, Tin Cup, City of Angels, The Negotiator, Entrapment, Don’t Say a Word, Unfaithful, Man on Fire, Jumper and Love & Other Drugs. Upcoming films include Broken City, The Internship, 12 Years A Slave, and Runner, Runner with Fox and Noah with Paramount. The distribution partnership with Fox extends to all media worldwide except international pay and free television. Regency self-distributes international television rights to multiple licensees. For more information, log onto http://www.newregency.com/.

©2001-2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

MRNMRSPACER
10-22-2012, 03:02 PM
sweet,hope the movie is good!!

POP1Fan
10-22-2012, 03:02 PM
It's going to be crap. Still, I will probably buy the DVD...

anik_lc
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
I read the San Francisco Press Release about 25 minutes ago so not going to read this one. :p Eagerly waiting for AC film. Michael Fassbender. Yay. :D :D

MRNMRSPACER
10-22-2012, 03:13 PM
It's going to be crap. Still, I will probably buy the DVD...
lol have some hope

POP1Fan
10-22-2012, 03:17 PM
lol have some hope

Hope leads to disappointment.

pacmanate
10-22-2012, 05:20 PM
This movie is gonna be so crap if it ends up being a 12. Assassin's Creed combat etc is brutal, if they dumb this down to story and hardly any action it will be rubbish. This is exactly what happened to Prince of Persia.

Brownsnakeeyes
10-22-2012, 08:34 PM
The real problem with this is where are they going to start the story from. Are they going to do it based on the first game, is there going to be a trilogy? My personal opinion is that every game based movie should be CGI. Done with the actors from the games. It makes it more authentic.

SoullessKassidy
10-22-2012, 11:25 PM
lol have some hope

lets not. do we really need to look any further than the Prince of Persia movie aka Live action Aladdin?

Rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed if its not yet another horrible failure of a video game adaptation. Video games Have surpassed movie scope in entertainment. They have to try and squeeze this story into 2 maybe 3 hours.

naran6142
10-23-2012, 12:08 AM
well i have my doubts about this movie being good... i hope it expands on the series and doesnt just recreate the games, trying to squeeze the AC story into a 2 - 2.5 hour movie would never work

anik_lc
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Waiting for the full cast reveal. And the plot, who is going to be the assassin in the film. :D

giantantik89
10-23-2012, 02:48 PM
you can't say that dude. your judging a movie that hasn't even been made.

freddie_1897
10-23-2012, 07:53 PM
you can't say that dude. your judging a movie that hasn't even been made.
a lesson i live by is to never get your hopes up, that way you're either really surprised at how good it is. or you can say i told you so and not feel disappointment.

it's depressing but it works. kind of like the whole "trying is the first step towards failure" type thing

Kit572
10-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Waiting for the full cast reveal. And the plot, who is going to be the assassin in the film. :D

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't wait until the full cast reveal!

Evenesque
10-26-2012, 06:54 AM
I'll wait til I see a trailer for any shallow-minded judgements, thank you.

Astralcloak
10-28-2012, 01:04 AM
There's great potential here though, i mean, look what they managed with Halo: Forward unto Dawn, that's only a mini-series and yet it looks spectacular, so we've seen game -> film can work, they just need to make sure not to loose themselves... here's hoping for the best!"

scooper121s
10-28-2012, 08:42 AM
It looks pretty cool, i'll admit that.

Silhouelle
10-30-2012, 04:03 PM
It may be a modern day story, without the use of an animus. Would be interesting to see the modern assassins and their off the grid towns or whatever. It could also be the set up to the next numbered game, just a thought. :)

shanereadynow
10-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I think comparing a AC movie potential to Prince of Persia's failure is off base......... PoP was done by Disney, case closed lol. Its just like how Disney butchered Eragon which is the best book series i have ever read (i liked it better than LoTR) This movie has a lot of potential because they do not have to follow Disneys guide lines and dull everything down.

Silhouelle
10-31-2012, 04:58 AM
Its just like how Disney butchered Eragon.
Butchered doesn't even begin to describe it. :/

im3jia
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Some rumors http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-2014/

im3jia
01-01-2013, 07:31 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-fi-ct-ubisoft-20130101,0,1946585.story

Kotaku: Ubisoft has a plan to keep the Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell movies from sucking. Also: they want a Ghost Recon flick.

ACfan443
01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
This is such a bad idea.

ToughGuy31
01-01-2013, 09:34 PM
it's going to be crap. Still, i will probably buy the dvd...
you again?

POP1Fan
01-01-2013, 10:01 PM
you again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

ToughGuy31
01-01-2013, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ
lol

DroppedClock56
01-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Doubt if the movie would be good? Im wondering if it would hopefully be made. Micheal Fassbender is it's only hope for creation. Rumors say it is about Altair and may come to us as early as 2013 =D I am exited and im deff going to be at the midnight release if it makes bigscreen.

FirestarLuva
01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
I never judge things too early, but I have to say that the movie will definetly be c*ap.
The beauty of the games is that we get to see someone's whole life, from beginning to end, and that's something that would never make it into a movie. Sure, if they make a movie about AC1, it would work, but what about Ezio's and Connor's story? They should make it a tv series rather than a movie, if you ask me.
I have nothing against Michael Fassbender as Desmond, but I wouldn't want him to play Altair or Ezio. Heck, in one article it was mentioned he might even play Connor...NO! That would be an insult. I read the comments about that article, people went bonkers after reading it. Don't know what would happen if Fassbender really played Connor in a movie, sure he could be made to look like anyone, but still, it doesn't feel right. They should get at least someone who resembles Connor, at least a bit, native american or not.

ToughGuy31
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Why is everyone doubting th movie. Past video game movies sucked, but Ubisoft has complete creative control over the movie, and it's staring a respectable actor. This could be the very movie to stop video game movies from sucking.