PDA

View Full Version : Connor rising through the ranks

FirestarLuva
10-21-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=10500

"The American Colonies, 1775. A brave young warrior fights to save his homeland. But what begins as a struggle over territory turns into an extraordinary journey that will transform him into a Master Assassin one that will forever change the destiny of a newborn nation."

I'm sure most of you know about this description, so what do you think? At what age Connor will become a Master Assassin? During sequence 6 when we supposedly start playing as full-grown Connor? Near the end? Seems most likely since it says a journey that will transform him. But, what if his mentor Achilles dies in the end, since it would make sense for Ubi to kill him off if it's inevitable for Connor's character development? Will Connor become both a master assassin and Mentor in the end, like Altair? I hope he becomes one when he is younger, not like Ezio, when he was in his late 30s.

NOLA_Assassin
10-21-2012, 02:18 PM
So close...

pacmanate
10-21-2012, 02:31 PM
At the very end of the game, or when Achilles dies.

HisSpiritLives
10-21-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=10500

"The American Colonies, 1775. A brave young warrior fights to save his homeland. But what begins as a struggle over territory turns into an extraordinary journey that will transform him into a Master Assassin – one that will forever change the destiny of a newborn nation."

I'm sure most of you know about this description, so what do you think? At what age Connor will become a Master Assassin? During sequence 6 when we supposedly start playing as full-grown Connor? Near the end? Seems most likely since it says a journey that will transform him. But, what if his mentor Achilles dies in the end, since it would make sense for Ubi to kill him off if it's inevitable for Connor's character development? Will Connor become both a master assassin and Mentor in the end, like Altair? I hope he becomes one when he is younger, not like Ezio, when he was in his late 30s.

Nice article,probably when Achiles dies
btw Correct me if i am wrong but Ezio became Mentor in his 40s

dewgel
10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Nice article,probably when Achiles dies
btw Correct me if i am wrong but Ezio became Mentor in his 40s
You are correct sir.

I'm not sure if I'm correct here, but I thought Master Assassin and Mentor were two different things? Ezio had plenty of Master Assassin recruits in Revelations.

Connor could become a Master Assassin with Achilles still being the Mentor, correct? Wasn't Altair a Master Assassin under Al Mualim's reign?

souNdwAve89
10-21-2012, 08:36 PM
You are correct sir.

I'm not sure if I'm correct here, but I thought Master Assassin and Mentor were two different things? Ezio had plenty of Master Assassin recruits in Revelations.

Connor could become a Master Assassin with Achilles still being the Mentor, correct? Wasn't Altair a Master Assassin under Al Mualim's reign?

Yes, that is correct. They are two different ranks, but I feel the title of Master Assassin can be a substitute for the Mentor title. An example would be Yusuf, who was a Master Assassin, but he was the one in charge of the Constantinople guild.

MetalCreed
10-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Considering Altair and Ezio did too, I'm not surprised.

I hope he has a significant change in his appearance when he's a grandmaster.

Jxspyder
10-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Yes, that is correct. They are two different ranks, but I feel the title of Master Assassin can be a substitute for the Mentor title. An example would be Yusuf, who was a Master Assassin, but he was the one in charge of the Constantinople guild.
Not really. Master Assassin is a rank based on skill, given to those who had truly mastered and were considered at the peak of their training. Mentor is a title given to those who prove worthy of it by their great skill and wisdom, as well as their ability to teach others. Ezio and Yusuf were both master assassins. However, Ezio was granted the title of Mentor, while Yusuf was not.

So in this regard, and having absolutely no knowledge of spoilerific plot details, Connor could hypothetically be a master assassin the first time you walk around as "present day Connor". As to him becoming a Mentor, that would depend on the plot, when/if his teacher dies, and how the assassin mini-game works.