PDA

View Full Version : Possible spoiler: Connor's story after AC3?

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:03 PM
[SPOILERS] http://o.canada.com/2012/10/19/interview-assassins-creed-iii-could-be-one-of-the-best-canadian-developed-video-games-ever/
I dont know if this was posted before ,but pay atention to his answer on 4 question , he says ,,You follow his life from his very early age to pretty much the end,, What is this supposed to mean? Opinions?

CalgaryJay
10-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Before I watch this, is it very spoilery?

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize it was an article, not a video. Ya it's safe. Haha I really think I need to go dark very soon here, I'm starting to get paranoid about checking anything lately.

rileypoole1234
10-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Well, that certainly is interesting. We know what time period the game spans, and Connor wouldn't die of old age in that time period, so it does make you wonder. I still obviously don't think Connor will die, simply because we still have to be able to free roam after the game ends, unless a RDR type of thing happens at the end...

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:09 PM
I think it is spoilery.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Well, that certainly is interesting. We know what time period the game spans, and Connor wouldn't die of old age in that time period, so it does make you wonder. I still obviously don't think Connor will die, simply because we still have to be able to free roam after the game ends, unless a RDR type of thing happens at the end...

Yeah i tought that before but he says to pretty much the end. Maybe it is mistake or something.

De Filosoof
10-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah i tought that before but he says to pretty much the end. Maybe it is mistake or something.

There are more mistakes in this text, like assassin's creed revolution instead of revelations.

JCearlyyears
10-20-2012, 07:14 PM
We can't see an ancestor die because they have to pass on their genetic memory, so unless they record the memories by other means we will never see an ancestor die.

dxsxhxcx
10-20-2012, 07:15 PM
this probably means that Connor will die at a young age (if compared with Altair and Ezio)...

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:16 PM
We can't see an ancestor die because they have to pass on their genetic memory, so unless they record the memories by other means we will never see an ancestor die.
I didnt mean on that,because we dont have to see him die but maybe AC3 will end Connor story that is problem.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:17 PM
There are more mistakes in this text, like assassin's creed revolution instead of revelations.

Revolution is mistake but this ......

CalgaryJay
10-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Well given the inevitable tragic thing that's going to happen to his people in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a more tragic/early ending than Altair/Ezio. It'd make sense anyway.

...but you also have to factor in the inevitable DLC's coming out. I can't imagine they'd kill him off in his first game.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Well given the inevitable tragic thing that's going to happen to his people in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a more tragic/early ending than Altair/Ezio. It'd make sense anyway.

...but you also have to factor in the inevitable DLC's coming out. I can't imagine they'd kill him off in his first game.

I was 100 % sure we will see Connor in next game but now.....it would be such a shame.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Before I watch this, is it very spoilery?

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize it was an article, not a video. Ya it's safe. Haha I really think I need to go dark very soon here, I'm starting to get paranoid about checking anything lately.

Maybe this is one of most spoileric things in last months.

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 07:44 PM
So that means if we want to continue finishing missions Connor will be all wrinkly?

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:45 PM
So that means if we want to continue finishing missions Connor will be all wrinkly?

No..... that means he will die young....probably

InfamousQ1987
10-20-2012, 07:54 PM

What if Connor passes his genetics on (by conceiving a child with whoever)
, and his son/daughter witnessed his death.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
What if Connor passes his genetics on (by conceiving a child with whoever)
, and his son/daughter witnessed his death.

It is possible.

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 07:59 PM
No..... that means he will die young....probably

He will be at least late 30s and wrinkly by the end. Natives are wrinkly.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 08:02 PM
He will be at least late 30s and wrinkly by the end. Natives are wrinkly.

I thought you ment he is going to be old.

patrick.orourke
10-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey guys,

I'm the author of the interview. I'm really not sure what he meant by "the end." But I have the sneaking suspicion that like a lot of you are probably thinking, he'll probably die at the end of the game.

Thanks for reading my interview!

MangoCookies
10-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Ooh, that last question suggests that future Assassin's Creed games can go back in time instead of just continously advancing to more current times.

Grazel69
10-20-2012, 08:12 PM
SPOILER: Connor eventually dies END SPOILER

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey guys,

I'm the author of the interview. I'm really not sure what he meant by "the end." But I have the sneaking suspicion that like a lot of you are probably thinking, he'll probably die at the end of the game.

Thanks for reading my interview!

He can't die at the end, the Animus doesn't allow it :P

MT4K
10-20-2012, 08:16 PM
It has been said in the past that Connor's story would have its own Beginning, Middle and End. The reason is likely that in case they didn't want to do another game with Connor because he wasn't popular or for any other reason. It's good to have a story with an ending. Even if you want the possibility of future games using them.

We was told before that Connor's story had an ending and would end in this game, but that doesn't really mean anything regarding him dying or not being in future games. It just means his story in AC3 will be complete in AC3.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 08:18 PM
It has been said in the past that Connor's story would have its own Beginning, Middle and End. The reason is likely that in case they didn't want to do another game with Connor because he wasn't popular or for any other reason. It's good to have a story with an ending. Even if you want the possibility of future games using them.

We was told before that Connor's story had an ending and would end in this game, but that doesn't really mean anything regarding him dying or not being in future games. It just means his story in AC3 will be complete in AC3.

I think he is very popular.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 08:19 PM
He can't die at the end, the Animus doesn't allow it :P

But that wont forbid them to end hist story.

MT4K
10-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I think he is very popular.

I know, but i was just saying in case he wasn't. Like there was an article before that said how they wanted to wait to see how people reacted to Connor before they made another game featuring him :p.

ACfan443
10-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I hate it when interviewers ask questions which they blatantly know the answer of, such as:

Previous Assassin’s Creed titles had a lot of climbing in them, but the mechanic mainly involved bounding over square geometric shapes like buildings. With the forest that’s in Assassin’s Creed III, did this cause difficulties during the development process? Trees tend to have unpredictable proportions and I imagine that this probably made things a little harder for your team?

EDIT: didn't know the author was here, excuse my bluntness.

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 08:26 PM

I thought spin offs were only happening if people responded to Connor well like Ezio... there has to be some kind of bridge at the end where Connor could do something. Then again, this is Desmonds last game so I fail to see how there could be another Connor game.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 08:35 PM
I thought spin offs were only happening if people responded to Connor well like Ezio... there has to be some kind of bridge at the end where Connor could do something. Then again, this is Desmonds last game so I fail to see how there could be another Connor game.

Maube new modern day protagonist will be connected to Connor as well and they really say earlier this month that next game depends on peoples reaction to Connor and either way Connor is their only choice if they want to release game next year.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 08:35 PM
I hate it when interviewers ask questions which they blatantly know the answer of, such as:

EDIT: didn't know the author was here, excuse my bluntness.

Not all readers of article are informed as we are.

dxsxhxcx
10-20-2012, 08:39 PM
We was told before that Connor's story had an ending and would end in this game, but that doesn't really mean anything regarding him dying or not being in future games. It just means his story in AC3 will be complete in AC3. thank god if that's the case, I don't want another ACB stretching out the story of the previous game, if they want to make a new game with Connor they should go to a different place with different enemies/goals, I just hope they don't decide to take Desmond with him, his story should end in AC3, just make a game with the ancestor if they want to use Connor again...

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 08:46 PM
thank god if that's the case, I don't want another ACB stretching out the story of the previous game, if they want to make a new game with Connor they should go to a different place with different enemies/goals, I just hope they don't decide to take Desmond with him, his story should end in AC3, just make a game with the ancestor if they want to use Connor again...

Desmond story will end and they cant make brand new game for one year and if Connor story is really going to continue i think it will be French revolution.

ACfan443
10-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Not all readers of article are informed as we are.

I know, but questions like that have been asked a hundred times. I'm sure majority of readers were informed of such details much earlier on.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 09:00 PM
I know, but questions like that have been asked a hundred times. I'm sure majority of readers were informed of such details much earlier on.

It sometimes iritate me too,but well...

patrick.orourke
10-20-2012, 09:02 PM
It's an unfortunate reality of writing for a mainstream publication. Sometimes you need to spell things out to your readers (even when you know the answer already).

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 09:10 PM
It's an unfortunate reality of writing for a mainstream publication. Sometimes you need to spell things out to your readers (even when you know the answer already).

It is OK expect that your interview has so many interesting info ,main reason i opened the thread.

thekarlone
10-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I really hope Connor's story to end in ACIII.

Tetsou88
10-20-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm fairly certain by 'End" they mean End of the American Revolution, as that is what the earlier press releases, and the timeline seem to suggest.

As for the future of Connor, I hope we get a spin-off like Brotherhood or Revelations. Either set in The France Revolutionary War, or the War of 1812.

HisSpiritLives
10-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I really hope Connor's story to end in ACIII.

And we probably wont get game next year if Connors story end in ACIII.

HisSpiritLives
10-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm fairly certain by 'End" they mean End of the American Revolution, as that is what the earlier press releases, and the timeline seem to suggest.

As for the future of Connor, I hope we get a spin-off like Brotherhood or Revelations. Either set in The France Revolutionary War, or the War of 1812.

,,You follow his life from his very early age to pretty much the end,, they didnt mean End of American Revolution.

DavidPage
10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I don't think he dies as Alex Hutchinson himself said in an interview that based on the reception on the Connor character, they may or may not make ACIII "expansions" Brevelations style... So unless we skip a huge chunk of his life in III, I don't think he will die in ACIII.

pacmanate
10-21-2012, 11:53 AM
You will not see Connor die, it is Animus Law!

MT4K
10-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Ubisoft made that law. They can change it if they wish at anytime with whatever reason they want :p.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-21-2012, 12:16 PM
What?! I hope not, he's too beautiful to die!
http://i50.tinypic.com/i35l40.jpg

JarodRussel2012
10-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Connor's story cannot end before he has sex with a woman, and IF he has, the memories with Connor end right there and continue with his offspring. So we cannot see him die from his own perspective.

SevereAtrophy
10-21-2012, 01:17 PM

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

FirestarLuva
10-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Just found this video. Writer Matt Turner spoiled Connor's age in the beginning. The game ends when he is 30:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13159-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Interview---Matt-Turner-Talks-Revolution-and-Revitalisation.html

pacmanate
10-21-2012, 02:35 PM

I just facedesked.

DinoSteve1
10-21-2012, 03:10 PM
You'd imagine Connor's story will end with Desmond and as this is the end of Desmond's story, well yeah Connor's role is over.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-21-2012, 04:07 PM
I just facedesked.

You may hurt your face :rolleyes:

Layytez
10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Looks like the debate is over. Connor was born in 1753 and the game starts from there. I guess we see his mom for a bit and then just before he is born.

Tetsou88
10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
,,You follow his life from his very early age to pretty much the end,, they didnt mean End of American Revolution.

They previously stated the game ends in 1783(the end of the American Revolution). So unless Connor dies young, he'll still be alive at the end.

HisSpiritLives
10-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't think he dies as Alex Hutchinson himself said in an interview that based on the reception on the Connor character, they may or may not make ACIII "expansions" Brevelations style... So unless we skip a huge chunk of his life in III, I don't think he will die in ACIII.
I heard that too and was sure they are making next game with Connor ,and then this confused me.

FirestarLuva
10-21-2012, 06:09 PM
I hope they make Connor die in battle, at a young age. It would be a nice change from Altair and Ezio who lived long lives. Connor doesn't seem like that kind of character that we'll be able to have a peaceful life, seeing as how much hate he'll receive from all sides near the end of AC3.

HisSpiritLives
10-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I hope they make Connor die in battle, at a young age. It would be a nice change from Altair and Ezio who lived long lives. Connor doesn't seem like that kind of character that we'll be able to have a peaceful life, seeing as how much hate he'll receive from all sides near the end of AC3.

WOW i cant belive that is same thing that crosed my mind yesterday :D

FirestarLuva
10-22-2012, 08:06 PM
WOW i cant belive that is same thing that crosed my mind yesterday :D

Really? Nice! :P

lightlamp
10-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Didn't Ubi say that if they were going to make more AC games with Connor in it. It would all depend on the reaction to him as a character? i cant see them killing him off on his video game debut either

GreatBeyonder
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM
The rules of Animus logic state you can never see our heroes die, since they have to live in order to make little Desmonds...

zerocooll21
10-22-2012, 11:36 PM

HA! Awesome man :p

I don't think he can die. They will prob release DLC's that are extra that happend in between AC:III like they did with AC:II. It would be sweet if they used a DLC to leap frog to the french revolution setting up a possible next AC.

HisSpiritLives
10-23-2012, 12:04 PM
HA! Awesome man :p

I don't think he can die. They will prob release DLC's that are extra that happend in between AC:III like they did with AC:II. It would be sweet if they used a DLC to leap frog to the french revolution setting up a possible next AC.

I want game with Connor next year not DLC.

zerocooll21
10-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Yah for sure, I think we all do :p I just remember reading a few articles that said they wanted to move from yearly release to a episodic type. They could use Connor to test that idea.

Mr_Shade
10-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Spoilers IN title = NO NO

Even if it is just an assumption - do not put the spoiler IN the title...

best to get used to it ;)