PDA

View Full Version : Female Templars [Spoilers]

iiTzRJKillax
10-20-2012, 05:05 PM
I know what this may sound lie buttt whatever. Throught the Assassins creed games we havnt had a female templaar target its not like women have never been part of the order. Or are the ike super sexist that women don't get high ranks? I have inly watched the templar initiate video once where he goes to that house and in that room waas that a woman? Hmm after thousands of years they accept women? Oh well.

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Maria was a Templar in AC1, she just didn't get killed because she wasn't Altair's target.

De Filosoof
10-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Maria, Lucy and the woman from ACR's multiplayer.

rob.davies2014
10-20-2012, 06:07 PM
i don't think it's Ubisoft's fault, blame society for oppressing women from positions of power throughout history.

Evenesque
10-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Lucy.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:11 PM
We havent see much ladies Templars because they didnt have bigger impact on history.

Locopells
10-20-2012, 07:13 PM
There've been plenty, just more behind the scenes for historical reasons.

HisSpiritLives
10-20-2012, 07:19 PM
There've been plenty, just more behind the scenes for historical reasons.

Yeah but women didnt have equall rights as men.

lucreziasboy
10-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Now that u mention it i think u r right.But Lucy was a templar and desmond killed her.

MT4K
10-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Remember spoiler warnings guys. You may have people browsing the Forums or members here who haven't played all the games yet. The thread has no spoiler warning itself so you need to be more careful what you post inside it.

Edit: Actually i'll just add a spoiler warning on th ethread. I suspect it'd be hard to really talk about this topic without bringing up past games :p.

Kaschra
10-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, Ezio killed Lia de Russo in ACB, and she's a templar. And also some female characters in Revelations, the Thespain and the Trickster.
You have to understand that we played games set during the middle ages, a time that was very dark for women. Even Altair was really surprised that the fake Robert de Sable turned out to be a woman.

Revelations Multiplayer Spoiler

There's Laetitia England, a higher ranking Abstergo member.

Evenesque
10-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Now that u mention it i think u r right.But Lucy was a templar and desmond killed her.

Juno killed Lucy. Or Minerva. Whoever that was.

Locopells
10-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Juno.

DinoSteve1
10-20-2012, 10:31 PM
That romani from ACR was a templer agent wasn't she.

Locopells
10-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah, like Kaschra said - The Trickster.

Serrachio
10-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Maria Thorpe
Fiora Cavazza
Lia de Russo
Mirela Djuric
Lysistrata
Lucy Stillman
Laetitia England
Dr. Sung

There's some female Templars for you.

eagleforlife1
10-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Maria Thorpe
Fiora Cavazza
Lia de Russo
Mirela Djuric
Lysistrata
Lucy Stillman
Laetitia England
Dr. Sung

Now name all the male templars ;)

pyrotechnick777
10-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Maria Thorpe
Fiora Cavazza
Lia de Russo
Mirela Djuric
Lysistrata
Lucy Stillman
Laetitia England
Dr. Sung

but Fiora and Maria converted to the Assassin's side. Would they still be considered Templars?
And what about Lucrezia?

sticks165
10-21-2012, 03:40 AM
but Fiora and Maria converted to the Assassin's side. Would they still be considered Templars?
And what about Lucrezia?

Lucrezia was just following her dads orders so i don't think she counts.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
10-21-2012, 03:55 AM
I don't think the lack of a whole lot of women in Templar leadership is a reflection of sexism on the part of Ubisoft or the Templars they have created. I think it's more of they don't want too many bad female characters, plus the stereotype that the bad GUYS are mainly that, males.

Free_Hidings
10-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Remeber they try to use as many real life characters as possible. The fact is womenn had very little rights in those times so they mostly looked out for themselves, they hardly had the ability to kill / lead armies

NOLA_Assassin
10-21-2012, 07:14 AM
There might be some more in AC 3, women were pretty prominent in the American Revolution (mostly on the Patriot side) like John Adam's wife Abigail.

FinalJ1
10-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Remeber they try to use as many real life characters as possible. The fact is womenn had very little rights in those times so they mostly looked out for themselves, they hardly had the ability to kill / lead armies

^ This.

Ubisoft twists history, they don't break it. The female influence was there in the church, aka Templars, but females were looked at by many as flawed. And to this day some people still feel this way. That is why I think there has yet to be a female pope

MasterSimaYi
10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Maria Thorpe
Fiora Cavazza
Lia de Russo
Mirela Djuric
Lysistrata
Lucy Stillman
Laetitia England
Dr. Sung

We do not know if Sung is a Templar however, though it is implied.

TheAquila
10-21-2012, 11:50 PM
There's Lucy and the multiplayer ladies. I remember chasing the Thief in Brotherhood and killing the Thespian with one of my recruits in Revelations. There's also Lucretia Borgia and Maria Thorpe if you want more "main story" templars.

kidhero99
10-22-2012, 12:07 AM
We do not know if Sung is a Templar however, though it is implied.You gotta read the comic then

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
10-22-2012, 01:33 AM
^ This.

Ubisoft twists history, they don't break it. The female influence was there in the church, aka Templars, but females were looked at by many as flawed. And to this day some people still feel this way. That is why I think there has yet to be a female pope

No, there's no female pope because in Christianity, the man hold the religious offices of elder, bishop, etc, not because of an idea that women are more flawed than men, but that it mirrors Jesus and the Church. Jesus is the head of the Church, the man in the family and in the church is head of the wife/family. The Catholic Church extends this to the office of the Pope. So not about women being flawed, but a more traditional look at gender roles.

FinalJ1
10-22-2012, 01:50 AM
No, there's no female pope because in Christianity, the man hold the religious offices of elder, bishop, etc, not because of an idea that women are more flawed than men, but that it mirrors Jesus and the Church. Jesus is the head of the Church, the man in the family and in the church is head of the wife/family. The Catholic Church extends this to the office of the Pope. So not about women being flawed, but a more traditional look at gender roles.

I'm trying to insult or argue anyone's beliefs, I'm just here stating my own. But if the church is correct then I'm glad I'm not in it and here is why.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_Nazi_Germany

They opposed then said ok to them. Now as I said I not trying insult anyone's beliefs.

MasterSimaYi
10-22-2012, 01:24 PM
You gotta read the comic then

...I have read the comic, and nowhere does it explicitly state that Sung is a Templar...