PDA

View Full Version : About AC3 Swimming!

Soulid_Snake
10-20-2012, 03:53 PM
I think this has been bought up a few times, but never confirmed. Have Ubi or trustable source confirmed that you can swim under water, like in AC3 Liberation?

tjbyrum1
10-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Never heard it confirmed, but results on Google had people believing it was, especially considering it's the same engine and everything.

De Filosoof
10-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I think this has been bought up a few times, but never confirmed. Have Ubi or trustable source confirmed that you can swim under water, like in AC3 Liberation?

I really hope so.

Soulid_Snake
10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I really hope so.

Me too, mate! It would add so much more possibilities, like secret areas, and underwater assassinations?

De Filosoof
10-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Me too, mate! It would add so much more possibilities, like secret areas, and underwater assassinations?

Now that would be my definition of epicness.

[SPOILER] We are going to uncover the Oak island secret and that secret lies far below sea level so there's a pretty good reason to swim under water...[END SPOILER]

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 04:10 PM
If its on the Vita, it should be on the PS3.

C3G Jester
10-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Remember in AC Brotherhood and Revelations, there are possibilities of doing assassinations from water. Like swim up to the pier and use the hidden blade. So Im highly sure thatll be there. But Underwater Assassination sounds weird imo

JCearlyyears
10-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Underwater assassinations?... I like it. Hey.... I just noticed that when we throw stabbed people into the water, the water remains clear... I want blood that runs down slopes, puddles, soaks snow and soil and turns water reddish like in AC1 when that guy got stabbed and the water turned red... oh, the memories...

C3G Jester
10-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Underwater assassinations?... I like it. Hey.... I just noticed that when we throw stabbed people into the water, the water remains clear... I want blood that runs down slopes, puddles, soaks snow and soil and turns water reddish like in AC1 when that guy got stabbed and the water turned red... oh, the memories...

If Im right, the snow will soak with blood. I think for a few mins. They have to remove it eventually otherwise it will take up too much memory to render and stuff

JCearlyyears
10-20-2012, 04:25 PM
If Im right, the snow will soak with blood. I think for a few mins. They have to remove it eventually otherwise it will take up too much memory to render and stuff

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpBKc6H94vFWwYz1XRQVs3kueH6TjRi nTAvMIA1VJLc8PEQTlm
Sounds pretty cool.

Soulid_Snake
10-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Now that would be my definition of epicness.

[SPOILER] We are going to uncover the Oak island secret and that secret lies far below sea level so there's a pretty good reason to swim under water...[END SPOILER]

Yep, it would be cool, you could be chasing a fleeing target who dives under water or grab a fish to eat, lol. Has your spoiler been confirmed? Heres to wishing?!

De Filosoof
10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Yep, it would be cool, you could be chasing a fleeing target who dives under water or grab a fish to eat, lol. Has your spoiler been confirmed? Heres to wishing?!

Yeah, the achievement list pretty much confirms that we'll visit that place.

Soulid_Snake
10-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, the achievement list pretty much confirms that we'll visit that place.

I hope so too, I hope the treasure isn't on actual island, but underneath.

I found a link, that kind of confirms diving under water in AC3.

This is with a AC3 Dev, Alex Hutchinson, I'm hoping he meant to swim and dive in that order.

"Is Connor able to swim?
AH: Connor will be able to swim and dive."

Source: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8666/article/assassin-s-creed-3-q-a-reveals-new-details-20-25-hour-campaign/

MT4K
10-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I hope so too, I hope the treasure isn't on actual island, but underneath.

I found a link, that kind of confirms diving under water in AC3.

This is with a AC3 Dev, Alex Hutchinson, I'm hoping he meant to swim and dive in that order.

"Is Connor able to swim?
AH: Connor will be able to swim and dive."

Source: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8666/article/assassin-s-creed-3-q-a-reveals-new-details-20-25-hour-campaign/

This doesn't really mean anything. Ezio could dive as well. It was just used for hiding under the surface though.

pacmanate
10-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Dive could also mean just dive into the water.

De Filosoof
10-20-2012, 05:10 PM
This doesn't really mean anything. Ezio could dive as well. It was just used for hiding under the surface though.

Yeah true, but it would be kinda stupid if we could swim underwater in a psvita game built on the same engine but couldn't swim underwater with Connor.
I can think of many reasons why we have to swim underwater with Connor. Especially because of that pegleg one.

Soulid_Snake
10-20-2012, 05:24 PM

I know this, the emphasis was placed on swimming for the interviewer's question. Alex added to the answer by stating you can, "dive". If the diving, in AC3, is like the previous AC games, do you even think it's worth mentioning?

Free_Hidings
10-21-2012, 06:20 AM
I know this, the emphasis was placed on swimming for the interviewer's question. Alex added to the answer by stating you can, "dive". If the diving, in AC3, is like the previous AC games, do you even think it's worth mentioning?

Don't you think proper diving would be advertised since it's a significant feature and opens up entire new areas for exploration and movement, also requiring its own unique animations and mechanics?

Not saying I don't think it's in because if it's in Liberation on a handheld console, it's kinda strange not to have it on the main game on the main consoles, but it would take a lot of time and hardware for the designing and rendering and all that stuff.

Supposedly there are still a few big features we haven't been told about yet so hopefully this is something they pleasantly surprise us with.

Evenesque
10-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Connor has a penchant for assassinating targets from stalking zones or corner cover and then taking the body with him into his place of ambush. I think it's very likely that Connor will be able to water assassinate someone by grabbing them, killing them, and taking them into the water with him. Or grabbing them with a hidden blade to the abdomen/waist, dragging them under, and killing them underwater (which I think is the cooler of the 2 options). I know for a fact however that he's able to kill someone the same way ezio did hanging from a ledge, which is the exact same animation Ezio used when he was in the water.

JarodRussel2012
10-21-2012, 01:07 PM
On a related note... does anyone know how they mocap diving and swimming moves?

pacmanate
10-21-2012, 02:36 PM
On a related note... does anyone know how they mocap diving and swimming moves?

They probably didn't. If they did I am guessing one of those powerful fan things that suspend you in the air and make you an air fishy.

tre289
10-21-2012, 05:23 PM
They probably didn't. If they did I am guessing one of those powerful fan things that suspend you in the air and make you an air fishy.

Or they could not spend tons of money on that and just use suspenion cables. lol