PDA

View Full Version : Why?

ablekill3r
10-20-2012, 02:58 AM
We have been in a world wide recession. Some of us save what little money they have to buy a few games in between school/work. I feel like I wasted my money with this title. If I could have returned it, I would have.

Pre-Launch: Delays, and more delays.

At Launch: SERIOUS Show Stopping Bugs, TOTALLY Broken Multiplayer, Exploitable DRM(now removed), Web/App Gunsmith Broken, Misleading PreOrder Bonuses, Slow Patching(Still to this day the patches lag behind changes made to consoles). In total, a BAD console port.

The game did not sell well at all, so finding a multiplayer game even from the start would have been hard, but now? Fixing multiplayer months after release does not matter anymore, those few buyers have abandoned it. If any one looked at the STEAM statistics a month or two after launch, you would have seen old games with more players. Now you can't even find this game on the list.

I did not buy this game solely for single player.

Have the developers looked at this forum? Have they performed a Google search? Have they seen their Metacritic score?

Does UBISOFT expect people to buy their DLCs? 2K Games created "SpecOps The Line", a game voted a GEM that no one is playing. Yet they gave away a free DLC to the fans, to make up for the poor multiplayer/shortness of the game. If anything, UBISOFT should offer the DLC package for free to PC players(ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT PREORDERED) to try to entice people to come back to the game. To show their fans they care. If word spreads there was more content, people would come back and try it.

At this point, I personally and many others will not buy another game made by UBISOFT.

SCE_Soultear
10-20-2012, 04:03 AM
I haven't even finished the single player yet because the game was so bad.

I am just waiting for Rainbow 6 (3rd person view title... oh just wait, all of Tom Clancy's games are 3rd person now) to fall flat on it's face. It will too.

Yefrign
10-20-2012, 10:15 AM
unfortunately I do have to agree....

I loved the old GR games. 2 was HORRIBLE (on the PS2) and Advanced Warfighter was a step BACK to what GR was all about (which is GOOD NOT BAD) then GRFS... the 2010 (or was it 11) teaser demo on the beach got me giddy. holy crap batman it looked like Splinter Cell met GR and had an affair with Rainbow Six... then it went under the radar... then GRFS became official... instant pre order.... then I got worried that they said "it wont come to PC" I was instantly saying 'the hell are you people doing....' then I was assured by my local game store that it WILL come to PC... sweeeeeet!

the game gets delayed.... and again.... and again.... then FINALLY... and it was not only the worst port I've ever seen (hell Dark Souls is a bad port but at least its playable) but the game simply doesnt FEEL like GR... at all... I was all in for the 3rd person stuff... was all in for the teamwork and the all the rest of it.... but the game became so.... how else to put it but COD'efied (yes I made up a word)

the sandboxy (cant really call it that but the maps where BIG in the other games which gave you true freedom in how to tackle your objectives.) experience was completely removed... and worst of all... its a port... PC will be P2P too... just.... wh.... fu.... nugh..... *strangles something*

I am trying really hard to like this game... but whenever I JUST start to warm up to it, JUST as I begin to overlook its (stupid) flaws. something else has to break.... first crashes, then unlocks, then atrocious MP lag and stability... and now crashes (again).... what we are going in a circle now?

I'm eagerly awaiting the new Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell but after this.... I am really loosing faith here.... I dont want to hate Ubi... I really dont... they make the games that I love... but with each instalment they seem to stuff something up.... in some way... and then it just either never gets fixed.... introduces NEW issues (take Vegas 1 + 2 as an example) or have some kind of stupid thing in place to prevent proper use of a particular feature (MP Conviction as an example)

please...... properly fix this.... and I do mean PROPERLY....

ablekill3r
10-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Is it a surprise the latest patch crashes at startup?

RAPXTOR
10-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Is it a surprise the latest patch crashes at startup?

Of course, two months of working, i expected a little more quality, but since the friends list was fixed, it is not all bad news, thanks.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi guys, we are aware of the bugs and apologise for the inconvenience.

TU 1.6 which arrives in November will include performance and compatibility improvements, online stability improvements, all consoles Title Updates, respec tokens requirement removed and fix for many issues reported by the community.

ablekill3r
10-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I understand your just a "forum guy/manager". Ask yourself this MUSH, if you bought a product and parts of it were flat out broken and months later they promise to fix it, would you be happy? UBISOFT should offer the DLCs free to PC players or offer a refund. Heck even a voucher, (which I wouldn't use, no more money for UBISOFT) would be a sign that they know they screwed up and are sorry.

Imagine all the people who don't come to this forums with trouble, how many returned it to the store if they bought a physical product. This was a mess. Patch 1.5 which itself was delayed, has a giant bug stopping the game from launching.

Hi guys, we are aware of the bugs and apologise for the inconvenience.

TU 1.6 which arrives in November will include performance and compatibility improvements, online stability improvements, all consoles Title Updates, respec tokens requirement removed and fix for many issues reported by the community.

EvilPixieGrrr
10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm a Forum Manager as well, and I can only speak for myself here, but of course I'd be upset if a game I was excited for and paid my hard-earned money on didn't work proprly. My answer doesn't really help with a solution, but, that's my answer. As a gamer and consumer, yes, I'd be upset.

We are reporting your feedback actively to the team because we care about our community and their satisfaction with the game. A major update is, I will reiterate, coming in November addressing several issues reported by the community, and I know this because I'm one of the ones who make sure that the team gets your feedback on a weekly and often more frequent basis.

And to answer your other question, we collect feedback from several sources, not just these forums, thus, we get a pretty good idea of how many people are having problems with the game as long as they are vocal about it.

CrashElTee
10-23-2012, 04:30 AM
I'm a Forum Manager as well, and I can only speak for myself here, but of course I'd be upset if a game I was excited for and paid my hard-earned money on didn't work proprly. My answer doesn't really help with a solution, but, that's my answer. As a gamer and consumer, yes, I'd be upset.

We are reporting your feedback actively to the team because we care about our community and their satisfaction with the game. A major update is, I will reiterate, coming in November addressing several issues reported by the community, and I know this because I'm one of the ones who make sure that the team gets your feedback on a weekly and often more frequent basis.

And to answer your other question, we collect feedback from several sources, not just these forums, thus, we get a pretty good idea of how many people are having problems with the game as long as they are vocal about it.

I know you probably don't get it a lot, especially here, but I just wanted to thank you guys for continuing to actively communicate with us and attempting to resolve bugs. I just hope we can continue to see this sort of communication until these problems are fixed to a satisfactory level.

What I fear most is the fans getting abandoned prematurely, but based on what I am seeing so far... so far so good. :)

As for the rest of the fans who may disagree with me, look at it this way, we currently have a game that is buggy but isn't over yet... we can still fix it. By keeping the forums civilized and providing useful details for the various bugs out there (e.g. providing video, screenshots, system specs, etc.). We can make it easier for them to reproduce these issues and see fixes in future title updates.

ablekill3r
10-23-2012, 05:05 AM
Thank you for your candor.

I am happy to hear an update is coming in November, with that said, November is 5 months after the game was released.

So they have a choice, providing a skin or a night version of a map is not the answer, it is in fact an insult. Provide something more substantial. The DLCs need to be free, at least for the people who pre-ordered. This news will ripple through the blogs and other video game websites and BRING BACK the people who bought this game(the few that did). That way people who bought it for the multiplayer, which is practically every one, can have the game they bought. I am looking at the bigger picture.

Not a single one of my friends who bought the game have it installed, or re-installed it when I let them know of the patch. They wrote it off as a loss. These are the people you need to reach.

This is strategy. Otherwise people can ignore this post, and ignore the loss of a good number of people who won't buy any more UBISOFT games. Loss of my 60$ next time won't make any one loose any sleep, but over time not treating your customers right will catch up with you. Cautionary tale is to look at what happened to Diablo 3 and what EA has gone through, especially with their reputation. UBIsoft is in the weaker of the positions out of all the gaming houses.

SAVE THIS game by SAVING MULTIPLAYER. Giving away DLCs are an means to an end.

RAPXTOR
10-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I think you right, but most of the people who got away, was because of, they here unable to speak honestly with the PC game community, making false acusations based on false statistics, it was the disrespect that make most of the players move to other games, of course the bugs helped, if you cant speak frankly with your game community, what do you expect it will happen?
First, They must change the away they approach people, second, you must keep it motivaded, with news, content, fixes and the most important, with respect they deserve.
Acomplishing that, and you build a lot of support in the future.

gcoda
10-23-2012, 06:53 PM
i ll be glad if some of developers or some people in charge answered community questions, if form of live chat or even just answered freqetly asked questions if form of text, just post some text on forums, maybe they got story why is verything so bad, maybe they already fired all stuff and hiring some fresh progremmer noobs, and they can fix nothing)))

EvilPixieGrrr
10-23-2012, 07:21 PM
I know you probably don't get it a lot, especially here, but I just wanted to thank you guys for continuing to actively communicate with us and attempting to resolve bugs. I just hope we can continue to see this sort of communication until these problems are fixed to a satisfactory level.

What I fear most is the fans getting abandoned prematurely, but based on what I am seeing so far... so far so good. :)

As for the rest of the fans who may disagree with me, look at it this way, we currently have a game that is buggy but isn't over yet... we can still fix it. By keeping the forums civilized and providing useful details for the various bugs out there (e.g. providing video, screenshots, system specs, etc.). We can make it easier for them to reproduce these issues and see fixes in future title updates.

Thank you for your candor.

I am happy to hear an update is coming in November, with that said, November is 5 months after the game was released.

So they have a choice, providing a skin or a night version of a map is not the answer, it is in fact an insult. Provide something more substantial. The DLCs need to be free, at least for the people who pre-ordered. This news will ripple through the blogs and other video game websites and BRING BACK the people who bought this game(the few that did). That way people who bought it for the multiplayer, which is practically every one, can have the game they bought. I am looking at the bigger picture.

Not a single one of my friends who bought the game have it installed, or re-installed it when I let them know of the patch. They wrote it off as a loss. These are the people you need to reach.

This is strategy. Otherwise people can ignore this post, and ignore the loss of a good number of people who won't buy any more UBISOFT games. Loss of my 60$ next time won't make any one loose any sleep, but over time not treating your customers right will catch up with you. Cautionary tale is to look at what happened to Diablo 3 and what EA has gone through, especially with their reputation. UBIsoft is in the weaker of the positions out of all the gaming houses.

SAVE THIS game by SAVING MULTIPLAYER. Giving away DLCs are an means to an end.

You're welcome, guys.

I hope that the November patch brings you the satisfaction you all desire so strongly. I want happy people here!

I definitely understand the frustration and I very much understand the concern over a diminishing player base. I promise I'll keep communicating your concerns to the the team as effectively as possible.

RAPXTOR
10-23-2012, 07:33 PM
You're welcome, guys.

I hope that the November patch brings you the satisfaction you all desire so strongly. I want happy people here!

I definitely understand the frustration and I very much understand the concern over a diminishing player base. I promise I'll keep communicating your concerns to the the team as effectively as possible.

Thanks Evilpixiegrrr, i think this could be the start that all players out there want, at least I speak for myself, i just want to be informed, whats the plans? we going to fix this and that, new dlc at X date, sorry but we now cant fix this right now, this kaind of things that most people expect from a game community.

EliteForceGames
10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
We have been in a world wide recession. Some of us save what little money they have to buy a few games in between school/work. I feel like I wasted my money with this title. If I could have returned it, I would have.

Pre-Launch: Delays, and more delays.

At Launch: SERIOUS Show Stopping Bugs, TOTALLY Broken Multiplayer, Exploitable DRM(now removed), Web/App Gunsmith Broken, Misleading PreOrder Bonuses, Slow Patching(Still to this day the patches lag behind changes made to consoles). In total, a BAD console port.

The game did not sell well at all, so finding a multiplayer game even from the start would have been hard, but now? Fixing multiplayer months after release does not matter anymore, those few buyers have abandoned it. If any one looked at the STEAM statistics a month or two after launch, you would have seen old games with more players. Now you can't even find this game on the list.

I did not buy this game solely for single player.

Have the developers looked at this forum? Have they performed a Google search? Have they seen their Metacritic score?

Does UBISOFT expect people to buy their DLCs? 2K Games created "SpecOps The Line", a game voted a GEM that no one is playing. Yet they gave away a free DLC to the fans, to make up for the poor multiplayer/shortness of the game. If anything, UBISOFT should offer the DLC package for free to PC players(ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT PREORDERED) to try to entice people to come back to the game. To show their fans they care. If word spreads there was more content, people would come back and try it.

At this point, I personally and many others will not buy another game made by UBISOFT.

Just another reason why Pirates are killing Gaming... Still an Over-Kill move by Ubisoft to botch release just for spite, why not just ask the ESRB to rate the game P for Pirtes- F**** You!

the reason we get borked games and Day-One patches with agressive DRM is because most of the prior Ubisoft Community is fed up with the exact measures Ubisoft is using to deter pirates... I heard a quote in an Indie Game Dev Team's forum that makes perfect sense... Treat your Customers like Pirates, you will get more Pirates; Treat your Customers like People, and you will get more Customers.

All in all this is a noble-hearted attempt to squash pirating, but unfortunately Ubisoft does not get the message that if you cater to the Real Customers and cut your losses (which will in fact be tantamount to No-Lost-Sales, as the pirates would not have bought the game even if the DRM wasn't hacked)... And stick to the Game Plan of producing some of the World's Best Interactive Gaming Software, then Ubisoft will most certainly have a good chance at changing the image that so many Original Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Splinter Cell fans have come, eventually, to meet with disdain, then I think the vast majority of True Fans will come back when they are met with Welcome Arms, Not Painful Precautions.

In regard to the entirity of the Game's Functionality, i have completed the
Campaing more on both Veteran and Elite Difficulty with no problems... And the Multiplayer is flawed but usually very effective. I have a fast and stable system and internet connection @ 15MB/s Down/ 1 MB/s Up, and my system specs are in my signature... I also have Port Triggering enabled with Splinter cell Convction ports ready, so that may have assisted my success. Have a search in the SCC forums for *Port Forwarding* and see if you can enable your router (if you have one) to help with connection issues while UT 1.6 is being readied.

EvilPixieGrrr
10-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks Evilpixiegrrr, i think this could be the start that all players out there want, at least I speak for myself, i just want to be informed, whats the plans? we going to fix this and that, new dlc at X date, sorry but we now cant fix this right now, this kaind of things that most people expect from a game community.

I know that communication has been a frustration for quite some time here. Most of the time the Forum Managers get information only moments before you do, and as soon as we know we post it here. We're doing all we can with the info provided. I hope that we'll get more to pass along to you soon, though. Sincerely. :)

VjekoslavBakic
10-26-2012, 08:52 AM
"coming in November addressing several issues reported by the community"

Please edit this and correct it to December...

Only to delete it later when it turns out nothing is fixed - and another major TU is coming by "soon" in 2013.

Oh yes, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

KiBaFuS
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
when the patch will be released in November, we already know, but in November, leaves game assassin's creed 3, we have to forget about the ghost recon and throw it in the trash and buy a new game, which will be less bugs, sorry for my english

ecma4
10-26-2012, 04:55 PM
when the patch will be released in November, we already know, but in November, leaves game assassin's creed 3, we have to forget about the ghost recon and throw it in the trash and buy a new game, which will be less bugs, sorry for my english

Patch is in December now.

ablekill3r
10-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Another delayed patch. The DLCs came out before they fixed the game, and still no word on what they will do to make it up to their fans.

KableFIN
10-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Its been over 24 hours since I bought Season Pass from UbiShop. I contacted support but it seems zero ****s are given and they are selling product on their OWN shop without serial key's attached to the product the only thing I got from it was 353 mb patch of nothingness.

EvilPixieGrrr
10-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Support usually takes 24-48 hours to reply to a ticket. If after 48 hours you haven't heard back from them, please PM me your ticket number and I'll see what I can do for you.

KableFIN
10-26-2012, 10:18 PM
EvilPixie to Ubisofts President and things start to roll

EvilPixieGrrr
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
LOL! I'm not sure if that's the case, but I will definitely see what I can do for you. :)

tmPH.Tenspeed
10-27-2012, 04:07 AM
This game is a joke. This company is a joke. No amount of brown-nosing or a##-kissing to the forum managers will fix this game.

I find it insulting that the guys over at Kiev prioritized pushing out the DLC OVER fixing the game that has been broken for the past 5 months. And to add injury to insult, Ubi has the nerve to actually charge us for the DLC.

So no, I will not be buying the DLC. As much as I enjoy playing this game(when it works), I will not get the DLC unless Ubi gives it away for free. If anything, it should be seen as an incentive for the lost players to come back and play this wonderful game (when it works) AND as a reward for the guys (me included) who are still playing this broken game amid all the frustration.

PS: Ubi, you guys had a serious gem of a game here. I dare say it would've been one of the best shooters of 2012. Yes, up there with the CoDs and the BFs, but you yourselves effed it off by releasing a broken game and by keeping it broken 5 months after release. And to top that, you guys have sh## presence on the forums and provide zilch info regarding game fixes. You guys spend more time shooting down criticisms than actually giving info.

Shame.

wanderon
10-30-2012, 05:58 PM
We demand:

1. A fix for this game

2. Free DLC as an apology from UBISOFT

3. A 50% off coupon for any game that ubisoft made

4. An official UBISOFT forum announcement/thread telling everyone that the game is fixed and they are sorry for the whole issues

Chron_Aldazaar
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
We demand:

1. A fix for this game

4. An official UBISOFT forum announcement/thread telling everyone that the game is fixed and they are sorry for the whole issues

I agree with this, as much crap as we have to put up with in this world, games like this give us a chance to vent our competitive sides, but when companies do not listen to their fan base they will eventually go belly up and fail. As it stands Ubisoft is banking on AC3 pulling off and astounding sale to make up for this and probably not even fix this at all. Or they are fixing it and just not saying anything to put us at ease. Complaining to Forum Moderators does nothing, they can't go to the president and hand him printouts or problems and even if they did, what are the chances he'd care enough to do anything about it? The dude's rolling in money, he doesn't give a hell about us. They just want our money. Fact remains, after this blunder and lack of attention paid to the customers and fan-base, I'm not purchasing another Ubisoft game.

I am extremely disappointed in them.

EvilPixieGrrr
10-30-2012, 09:42 PM
First off, I resent the term "***-kissing" a Forum Manager. There's nothing wrong with having some fun and good rapport between the staff and the customers.

Please submit all issues/bugs in the designated thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/700022-Submit-Bug-reports-through-these-links-please) so we can continue to give them to the devs. The next patch will be a major update and it addresses the community feedback and issues.

ablekill3r
11-02-2012, 04:27 PM
We demand:

1. A fix for this game

I agree, but I just don't think they care. They have our money.