PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else full of excitement for AC3?

SOURCEw00t
10-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm so excited for this game it's unhealthy. Everything about the previous titles except for the garbage ac1 has been magnificent. Brotherhood of course iis hands down the best title of all of them. One of the few games I ever thought should cost more than $60. Ac2 was a great improvement from 1 and revelations was definitely a good fix for my assasins creed obession. Story mode is outstanding, mp, (besides the countless glitches) is fantastic! I prstieged to 21 so far on rev thinking I probably would never get passed prestiege 3 lol.

What really gets me excited is if it only took them nearly a year to make revelations and the game came out as good as it did, just imagine after putting 3 years into the ac3 how amazing it's going to be. I've played video games for 23 years of my life, played, nintendo, genesis, super nintendo, n64, playstation1 , 2, 3, xbox, xbox 360 and I can safely say I've never been more excited about a game in my life, especially after brotherhood killed it.

#bathroom

xsatanicjokerx
10-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Stopped reading after you said ac1 was garbage. Your opinion holds no status after that. But yes i am very excited for ac3.

SOURCEw00t
10-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Ac1 was garbage, sit on a bench and listen to a convo? Pickpocket? If it was a 1 time thing ok, but it was just a horrible game all over.

iSoTryHard
10-19-2012, 07:49 AM
i creamed my pants at about e3 time

ac 1 was definitly not garbage and i dont think you appreciated it for what it was

ac2 was defintly the best

infamous_ezio
10-19-2012, 07:58 AM
I don't understand how AC1 can be considered a good game, repetitive & boring... AC2 in my opinion was the best. AC3 looks like it's going to take that title

phil.llllll
10-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Ac1 was garbage, sit on a bench and listen to a convo? Pickpocket? If it was a 1 time thing ok, but it was just a horrible game all over.

I was really hoping that hearing from you would be a one time thing, and as it is, both your posts were horrible all over. Anyway, I suggest you go back to cleaning yourself up and leave the excitement to people better able to control themselves.

EDIT:

I don't understand how AC1 can be considered a good game, repetitive & boring... AC2 in my opinion was the best. AC3 looks like it's going to take that title

AC2's repetitive as well, and a lot of the variation is meaningless and quite bad. The combat system was actually worse than the first and its upgrade system was worthless (why buy a stronger blade when the hidden blade kills anything in one hit?); the side missions were terrible, almost as if they didn't put a single thought into it (really? Ezio beating up unfaithful husbands and delivering mail?); not to mention it destroyed the hunter/hunted approach that the first game had (need to find a target? just follow the big flashing cone on the screen). It's funny though how AC2 is always mentioned as something that completely improved upon all AC1's shortcomings when it systematically dismantled much that was great about AC1.

MetalCreed
10-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Definitely

It's always in my head.

Just 1 full week to go..

SevereAtrophy
10-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Blasphemer!!! AC1 was the beginning, it was revolutionary.... ironically leading us onto AC3.
Seriously though, I loved AC1 and always will. It was unique and charming in a new IP way.
But I am excited about this title more than I have anything, ever. Hurry up and get in my console!

ACfan443
10-19-2012, 08:37 AM

The only thing on your mind are gameplay mechanics, have you not considered other factors such as story, graphics, atmosphere, characters etc?

Evenesque
10-19-2012, 08:41 AM
I think about AC3 constantly. I took off 5 days of work to play it around classes (which I will have considerable issues attending) and hopefully around some presentations I have to give. I share the excitement man, we're right there about this game. I can't wait to put that game in my console because it's going to make sweet, uninterrupted love to my playstation for months. We agree on the awesomeness that's coming, but I'm afraid I can't let you away with just an agreement;

You disregard the birthplace of a game you praise as the Jesus of videogames. You would not be where you are right now without the garbage upon which you stand. It may stink of repetition, it may spoil for variety, but under the ground that you stand hailing AC3's achievements, you disrespect and discredit the genesis for all of your excitement, the 'garbage' that the wonderful achievement that is Assassin's Creed was built upon.

And for that, sir, we shall forever disagree.

infamous_ezio
10-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I was really hoping that hearing from you would be a one time thing, and as it is, both your posts were horrible all over. Anyway, I suggest you go back to cleaning yourself up and leave the excitement to people better able to control themselves.

EDIT:

AC2's repetitive as well, and a lot of the variation is meaningless and quite bad. The combat system was actually worse than the first and its upgrade system was worthless (why buy a stronger blade when the hidden blade kills anything in one hit?); the side missions were terrible, almost as if they didn't put a single thought into it (really? Ezio beating up unfaithful husbands and delivering mail?); not to mention it destroyed the hunter/hunted approach that the first game had (need to find a target? just follow the big flashing cone on the screen). It's funny though how AC2 is always mentioned as something that completely improved upon all AC1's shortcomings when it systematically dismantled much that was great about AC1.

Sorry but i disagree... How can you compare "eaves drop or follow" your target and then kill them.. 9 times to a wide variety in ways to hunt down and kill your target... AC2 was much better in every possible way

F4H bandicoot
10-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I stopped reading where everyone else did.

Evenesque
10-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Sorry but i disagree... How can you compare "eaves drop or follow" your target and then kill them.. 9 times to a wide variety in ways to hunt down and kill your target... AC2 was much better in every possible way

The thread didn't ask for a discussion on AC1 compared to AC2. Despite the flamebait hanging so obviously in front of you, resist the urge, please. All of you.

I know it's hard.

SOURCEw00t
10-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Evenesque, look maybe "garbage" isn't the best word, but it is definitely the worst one of the whole series. I feel like besides for the graphics, the game itself was par with ps1 games. It was basically following the same pattern over and over. Ac2 saved this series so hardcore. Honestly, I don't even know how I gave ac2 a chance after being so disappointed with 1, but I'm glad I did.

Sickull
10-19-2012, 10:57 AM
AC1 was garbage in comparison to the other ones at least.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2012, 11:10 AM
edited thread title to be more family friendly...

Lets try to avoid taking any bait.. ;)

MT4K
10-19-2012, 11:12 AM
edited thread title to be more family friendly...

Lets try to avoid taking any bait.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

I couldn't resist :D.

TheAquila
10-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I had to change after watching the 4th part ofthe IGN series.

And as for AC1 being garbage... no... just no. Not even compared to the others. I loved the atmosphere. But even without my subjectivity, AC1 is NOT garbage by any definition or comparison.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
10-19-2012, 11:23 AM
It's funny because I find Brotherhood the worst AC in my opinion ,,, It's a fantastic game but not as good as the others ,,, And AC1 is garbage ? I love this game !
In my opinion :
AC2 >AC1 >AC:R > AC:B

HisSpiritLives
10-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Am i excited?I think answer is already known.

BBALive
10-19-2012, 12:55 PM

That's your opinion. You'll find that the general consensus here, and in most places, is that Revelations is the weakest game in the series.

AssassinVenice
10-19-2012, 01:00 PM
I think AC1 remained loyal to all of the AC rules like the tenets, the stealth, the freedom (which was taken from us, i'm looking at you ACB), the story, etc...
The rest was pretty good too but now that AC3 is coming out, I can only say that it will be me GOTY and also the best game in the franchise for sure.

Thank you Ubisoft for delivering us such a franchise, right to our doorstep.

kriegerdesgottes
10-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Stopped reading after you said ac1 was garbage. Your opinion holds no status after that. But yes i am very excited for ac3.

This, except honestly I was probably more excited for ACII

tjbyrum1
10-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I am indeed fairly excited, mostly because I already own the game (pre-ordered) and don't have it.

But it seems the more I wait, the less I want it.

CalgaryJay
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
No, I'm not excited, I'm only here for all the T&A.

AllThatJuice
10-19-2012, 02:57 PM
That's your opinion. You'll find that the general consensus here, and in most places, is that Revelations is the weakest game in the series.

I dont know if I would say Revelations is the weakest game in the series, rather just more of the same.

tjbyrum1
10-19-2012, 03:20 PM
AC1 may be repetitive, but boy did it get the job done.

The amount of freedom you could use against a target.
Mission structure was based around collecting info - that actually mattered and affected the assassination.
Fights took longer, so stealth was more useful, and stealth is what AC should be about.
Altair.

pacmanate
10-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I am excite! 11 days to goo.

Slayer_WTF
10-19-2012, 03:39 PM
IEverything about the previous titles except for the garbage ac1 h

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/TOTO-LERO/gifs/2yuf311.gif

egriffin09
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm excited. Going to gamestop on Monday to finish paying off my pre-order. Hopefully next week goes by somewhat fast. I might even go to the midnight release (I never go the midnight launches). I'm going to be playing this game for hrs and hrs until my hands feel numb. take a break, then play some more until my hands feel numb again.

BBALive
10-19-2012, 05:23 PM
I dont know if I would say Revelations is the weakest game in the series, rather just more of the same.

It's essentially Brotherhood with a lot less side content and a worse/equally poor story.

jzsnyder
10-19-2012, 10:38 PM
It's essentially Brotherhood with a lot less side content and a worse/equally poor story.

I also didn't enjoy Constantinople nearly as much as I did Rome. I think Constantinople just... lacked something.

AssassinGame1
10-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I loved all the Assassin's Creed games except for AC1 and AC Revelations.
Definitely excited, who wouldn't?

AssassinGame1
10-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I also didn't enjoy Constantinople nearly as much as I did Rome. I think Constantinople just... lacked something.

Thats just how I felt...

tjbyrum1
10-19-2012, 11:50 PM

Thats just how I felt...

I agree. I can't explain the feeling, but I felt this way as well.

Toa TAK
10-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Actually, AC1 is still my favorite AC game, because the story it tells is the best, I think. The other games kinda went away with the whole "Assassins and Templars are really the same" message, and since then the villains have had a motive decay.

But AC3 is supposed to be go back to that, and with the conclusion of Desmonds' story, an awesome new Assassin, and the fact that it's actually a new numbered title is enough for me to be very excited.

tjbyrum1
10-20-2012, 01:32 AM
One reason I liked AC1's storyline was cause it was strictly about Assassins and Assassinations. It didn't have any 'love' or 'romance' or anything in it. It was brutal, with lots of death and gloom.

Sure I agree we need the occasional 'slow mission', but I'd rather save those for optional/side missions. I know slow missions gave Ezio personality and characterization, but honestly, I don't think it fit in with the whole 'Assassin' stuff. That's just me though.

SOURCEw00t
10-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Ac1's sidemissions sucked. I like the idea of doing things leading up to the kill, but It was a repetitve 6 things you had to do, I can't remember what the other missions were besides the sit on bench and pickpocket, but they felt more like a choir than fun. Also some story parts were shown from bad camera angles.

Assassin_M
10-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Ac1's sidemissions sucked. I like the idea of doing things leading up to the kill, but It was a repetitve 6 things you had to do, I can't remember what the other missions were besides the sit on bench and pickpocket, but they felt more like a choir than fun. Also some story parts were shown from bad camera angles.
Lets just drop the childish atmosphere, OK ?? All of you.. AC I was a game. Some people liked it and others not so much. So Just STOP and actually be ON TOPIC...

JEEZ..

Jexx21
10-20-2012, 02:21 AM
I love all AC games.

tjbyrum1
10-20-2012, 02:49 AM
To me, all AC games were good games, but I'd rate it as so:
ACII
AC I
AC Bro
AC Rev

But to be on-topic, as per M's request, yes I am indeed excited to get the game. However the more I learn and wait for its arrival, the less excitement I have for some reason.

kriegerdesgottes
10-20-2012, 02:51 AM
To me, all AC games were good games, but I'd rate it as so:
ACII
AC I
AC Bro
AC Rev

But to be on-topic, as per M's request, yes I am indeed excited to get the game. However the more I learn and wait for its arrival, the less excitement I have for some reason.

I agree with all of this.

Evenesque
10-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Lets just drop the childish atmosphere, OK ?? All of you.. AC I was a game. Some people liked it and others not so much. So Just STOP and actually be ON TOPIC...

JEEZ..

So much for going dark lol

generallsj
10-20-2012, 07:36 AM

http://i1.ruliweb.daumcdn.net/uf/image/U01/ruliweb/4FD56DA44B08520012

Because Constantinople has a big fake map.

Locopells
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Say what?

willstannard
10-20-2012, 11:31 AM
how anyone can rate Revelations over AC1 i dont know, Theres still a part of me which is afraid to get too exited for AC3 in case it disappoints me as much as revelations (might have just been because i was waaay over hyped for that game) but any ways, imo-
-AC2
-ACbro
-AC1

-ACrev

RatonhnhakeFan
10-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Not me anymore :( :( :( Due to unplanned emergency expenses IRL that appeared to me yesterday, I won't be able to buy the game till like at least end of the year
http://i50.tinypic.com/i35l40.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/i35l40.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/i35l40.jpg

tjbyrum1
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
@RadunhagayduneFan: That sucks, sorry man.

prince162010
10-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Nine days for a revolution! AC3 is coming!!.....i'm so so excited i'ts just a nine days wooooooooooow

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318938_476332392407696_125075386_n.jpg

UrDeviant1
10-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Very excited. Time seems to go slower for me a few days before awaiting an awesome game release so I'm trying not to think about It too much (with no success).

pacmanate
10-21-2012, 03:34 PM

JEEZ..

Excuse meeee go away.

FinlandRam
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I am very, VERY excited, thanks for asking :P.

ACfan443
10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Not me anymore :( :( :( Due to unplanned emergency expenses IRL that appeared to me yesterday, I won't be able to buy the game till like at least end of the year
http://i50.tinypic.com/i35l40.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/i35l40.jpghttp://i50.tinypic.com/i35l40.jpg

That absolutely sucks! How will you live? D:

Crucify Lucifer
10-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm definitely pumped, a week to go and I've run out of things to keep me occupied :(.

Although I'd definitely disagree with AC1 being garbage.