PDA

View Full Version : whilst sailing the high seas ........

jsmithy28694
10-18-2012, 07:16 PM
does anybody know if whilst you are at sea can you get off your boat and explore the islands around you?

Aphex_Tim
10-18-2012, 07:17 PM
You are able to walk around on deck. We might just be able to jump overboard and go for a swim.
Though i suspect Desynchronization will kick in when you do that.

jsmithy28694
10-18-2012, 07:19 PM
if true that i think is a missed oppurtunity. it would be mint if you could get off your ship and explore the islands

Morankurai
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
It's sure that he can walk around on deck and even climb it up while on high sea, except during a battle. IMO, it wouldn't fit well into the game if he would be "stuck" there and go against an invisible wall when trying to jump off the ship.

But I don't believe they want us to go off the ship on high sea. Maybe it's like Aphex said and you become desynchronised; or you simply can swim up to a specific point from the ship and are forced to return. Except for some special missions (like the Maya Ruins), they probably don't want us to explore islands.

I'm personally more interested in how far they've rebuilt the coast up to the north and south.

AWBiggs
10-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I highly doubt once you're onboard, that you can "leave" the boat while at sea by just "jumping off". Logically, one wouldn't do that... as one wouldn't survive. However, I'm guessing there might be options to exploring some of the islands close to the shore perhaps? No idea...

tre289
10-18-2012, 08:24 PM
I highly doubt once you're onboard, that you can "leave" the boat while at sea by just "jumping off". Logically, one wouldn't do that... as one wouldn't survive. However, I'm guessing there might be options to exploring some of the islands close to the shore perhaps? No idea...

How wouldn't you survive? Even if you wouldn't There was a scene in the game where connor jumps from prety much the top of the mountain, into the sea, and proceeds to climb aboard the ship. So i doubt AC is going for 100% realism if jumping into the sea would kill you.

I'm hoping that when engaging in the Naval gameplay mechanics that the sea is actually free-roamable at any point you desire. I would actually be annoyed if there were an invisible wall preventing me from jumping off of my ship, but perhaps we can jump off into the water and stay within a certain proximity of our ship before being de-synchronized, or even just being de-synched by jumping into the water outright. I personally want to atleast be able to jump into the water and swim near my ship, especially during a storm with waves and whatnot, and seeing how that would play out :P

I do think it would be an awesome idea if while sailing around you could sail up close to a small island and walk around on it, even if there is absolutely nothing there. Lol

*Edit: Wasn't it also confirmed that you can go below deck of your ship?

bluetoes1
10-18-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure if you are able to dive off your ship anywhere you want, but I do know something that is confirmed.
Gameplay Spoilers

You are able to free roam around the sea in your ship, this was confirmed in a Game Informer magazine a few days ago. So don't worry about that aspect.

rileypoole1234
10-18-2012, 10:28 PM
There's a mission that takes place on the island of Nantucket, so we just might be able to explore more islands than we think.

Jexx21
10-19-2012, 05:32 AM
..They've confirmed countless times that there are numerous side missions out on the open seas, where you get off your ship to explore islands.

xsatanicjokerx
10-19-2012, 07:40 AM
There will be set places where you can get off and explore. Such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NUkUoGr48 dont think every island will be explorable though.

Hawk Eye 2512
10-21-2012, 04:49 PM
You can go below deck and the sea is open world......

DinoSteve1
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Wonder can you go deep sea fishing on the boat.

lol Assassin's Creed 3: Deadliest Catch edition.

connor_bg
10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
There will be set places where you can get off and explore. Such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NUkUoGr48 dont think every island will be explorable though.

I think they meant freeroaming. This is scripted, and it is a crucial part from the game, i think, since it is a multiplayer map.

dewgel
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
if true that i think is a missed oppurtunity. it would be mint if you could get off your ship and explore the islands

Love how you used the word mint to describe it. Pure genius, I relate well to it being a geordie lol.