PDA

View Full Version : Excessive Climbing And Jumping And Unlocks

TheRobRenfro
10-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I have some dead nerve endings in my hands. So I am limited in my ability to makes jumps that require a delicate touch in action games. I tried AC2 and couldn't get beyond the tutorial where you race your cousin to the church rooftop because of the jumping.

I'm hoping AC3 will have either less of that type of jumping of a Mass Effect type alternative where they have a story mode that doesn't include the shooter type combat. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Secondly it says the season pass includes all unlocks does that include the various weapons and characters that come with exclusive preorders from the different retailers?

nitres15
10-18-2012, 04:53 PM
don´t like parkour in assassins creed ? If so you´re gonna have a hard time with ac3, tree´s you know ?,nasty stuff

Evenesque
10-18-2012, 04:57 PM
If anything it's just going to get worse for you. Sorry.

TheRobRenfro
10-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the warning guys. It's not that I don't like it. With the nerve damage in my hands I simply don't have the delicate touch required to make jumps in any action game. I was hoping with the wilderness combat and naval combat this game would have less of the tedious roof top running and jumping moves that I just can't perform. Any official word on what weapons are going to be in the season pass? Every retailer pre-order describes the bonus weapon as an unlock.

Calvarok
10-18-2012, 05:07 PM
The main mechanic in all of the AC games is Parkour traversal. And compared to other games where you have to manually hammer the button and make precise jumps, you are VERY guided and safe while doing it.

They can't really make it any simpler without making it too easy for the majority of gamers. That really sucks, man. :(

Locopells
10-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Sorry to hear that bud. Wasn't there a thread a little time back, campaigning for help with this kinda thing?

Evenesque
10-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Now that I think about it though, you may want to give it a try anyway seeing as the control scheme for running is simpler now. You only use the right trigger or bumper or whatever to free run so it might free up your thumb so it can focus on just jumping. Who knows? Might be worth trying. Should be able to just return it if it doesn't work for you as long ss you do it within a week or so of purchase.

BBALive
10-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Are you able to hold down a single shoulder button? If so, then you'll be able to play the game.

FinalJ1
10-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Man I'm so sorry.

IWGCJoeCool
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
gotta wonder if the PC version would be right for the guy?