http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PXy3g18jDQ

Locopells
10-18-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't think this is new, sorry.

And I'm getting out of here before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PySyY67HIB4&feature=plcp

pacmanate
10-18-2012, 12:08 PM
It is new, it came out 12 hours ago on the AC channel and no one has posted it yet.

Sarari
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Are you kidding me? Are you effing kidding me Ubisoft? Again with the lame american song in the background. Time and time again they keep putting these patriotic songs and it seems as if Ubisoft wants people to have some sympathy for the americans.

Legendz54
10-18-2012, 12:26 PM
this was posted here a couple of days ago.. but what the hell it deserves a thread of its own.. I just realised they have edited it from the original and cut out connor walking up to the platform and added 1 second of him about top be hung.. they aslo sped up the ' Slaves" line.

F4H bandicoot
10-18-2012, 12:46 PM
I can see post release the forum being filled with angry Americans who didn't realise that they might have to kill some other Americans.

Advertising at its stupidest here.

berserker134
10-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Magicman or Magicwoman please closethis thread before people start a flaming war again of "america ra ra ra!! stuff"

F4H bandicoot
10-18-2012, 01:27 PM
You can't lock something on the basis that "it might" happen.
No one has said anything flame warish anyway,.

ACfan443
10-18-2012, 01:44 PM
It's been posted some time ago. I've lost count at how many American tv spots there have been.

shinyFezzan
10-18-2012, 01:51 PM
More of this american stuff, again I don't really care but the trailer wasn't that good.

Still really excited for this though, 13 days!!!

xXRyzonXx
10-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't think this is new, sorry.

And I'm getting out of here before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PySyY67HIB4&feature=plcp

I'm going to need someone to explain to me theese youtube videos with numbers as there title, i've seen them posted in threads so many times, but I don't get it... what does it mean? :confused:

lightlamp
10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm going to need someone to explain to me theese youtube videos with numbers as there title, i've seen them posted in threads so many times, but I don't get it... what does it mean? :confused:
The numbers Mason what do they mean?

lightning667
10-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Are you kidding me? Are you effing kidding me Ubisoft? Again with the lame american song in the background. Time and time again they keep putting these patriotic songs and it seems as if Ubisoft wants people to have some sympathy for the americans.

Dude you need to calm down. The backdrop of this game is the American revolution, of course their going to put American patriotic songs in their to try and advertise to Americans. If you don't like it then you didn't have to watch it. Pacmanate clearly put America in the title to let people know that if they don't like the Pro american trailers then this one wouldn't be for them. There's no need for you to be rage posting stuff.

And Ubi isn't asking for sympathy for Americans their just trying to maximize their profits as any smart business company would by appealing to different people. Try to get past your ignorance man.

DAFOC
10-19-2012, 12:19 AM
I ain't offend by you not liking the trailer. But the song is lame!!
*insert spaz attack of fury here*

lightning667
10-19-2012, 12:30 AM
I don't care that he doesn't like it. I don't care for the song much myself. But we already knew that a lot of people don't like some of Ubi's ads. He knew it was one of those yet he still watched it and then wants to complain about it.

It's just common sense, Don't like watching something? Don't watch it then. And if you do decide to watch it don't complain about it. It's your decision.

GreatBeyonder
10-19-2012, 12:35 AM
This is actually one of the older tv spots, before the P-Diddy, Declaration, and story trailers at least.

FinalJ1
10-19-2012, 12:45 AM

Lame American song? Are you...*fights the urge to fight.* Listen get over it, it's a game base off of history and in history we won. But the war is over and we Americans need no sympathy. Now I'm not saying that GB sucks, ok. I'm just saying quit bashing us over a commercial.

maxerx180
10-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Wow, I didn't know so many people on this fourm was anti-america. It's kinda sad, really.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
10-19-2012, 01:38 AM
I can see post release the forum being filled with angry Americans who didn't realise that they might have to kill some other Americans.

Only thing I see are a bunch of angry anti-American people...

FinalJ1
10-19-2012, 01:53 AM

Lmao, I'm not pissed about killing other Americans ON A VIDEO GAME. I not even pissed at the anti-American comments, if anything you have my sympathy.

kudos17
10-19-2012, 01:54 AM
All I heard from that trailer is "HEY HEY AMERICANS PLEASE BUY OUR GAME AMERICA YEAH". Good lord...

What are they going to do when AC3 is hit with a bunch of negative media from Americans who weren't aware that AC3 was actually a neutral game? I can only imagine the anti-video game news... oh man... Why does the marketing team insist on digging themselves into this whole? It's like the sex stuff in Mass Effect all over again.

The numbers Mason what do they mean?

haha :p

FinalJ1
10-19-2012, 03:12 AM
All I heard from that trailer is "HEY HEY AMERICANS PLEASE BUY OUR GAME AMERICA YEAH". Good lord...

What are they going to do when AC3 is hit with a bunch of negative media from Americans who weren't aware that AC3 was actually a neutral game? I can only imagine the anti-video game news... oh man... Why does the marketing team insist on digging themselves into this whole? It's like the sex stuff in Mass Effect all over again.
haha :p
*yawn*

You do know most Americans understand the concept of what AC3 is. And why is it all I see is the anti-Americans crying and trying to start a fight. This frame of mind is petty and should be below anyone this day and age.

kudos17
10-19-2012, 03:29 AM
*yawn*

You do know most Americans understand the concept of what AC3 is. And why is it all I see is the anti-Americans crying and trying to start a fight. This frame of mind is petty and should be below anyone this day and age.

I'm sure you're well aware of what the premise of each AC game is. A work of fiction set against the backdrop of real events and people involving a conflict between two major, secret conspiratorial groups. The point of the series has never been patriotism. I expect AC3 to be the same way, and I've seen several notions to prove that it will be.

The issue is that's not what these trailers claim. Some of the trailers, like the one in the OP, allude to the notion that the game is focused on fighting for the Patriots for the sole purpose of patriotism; with no ulterior motive. That annoys me because it shows these trailers are not aimed at us - the fans. It's not even really aimed at the general audience. It's aimed at the people (Americans, mostly) who've been unexposed to the franchise or it's premise. It's basically saying "Kill Brits like you're Mel Gibson" when that's entirely not the point. It's almost like the marketing team is trying to fool Americans into buying the game.

Please don't misunderstand; I'm not angry because I think the game will "pander to Americans", or that the trailers are doing the same. I'm irritated because the marketing team is pushing American patriotism as the prime factor in some trailers, instead of providing a sense of intriguing neutrality and focusing on the secret war of the Templars and Assassins.

DAFOC
10-19-2012, 03:39 AM
This is a TV Spot. The Story trailers are generally for the fans. The purpose of the TV Spot is to SELL COPIES.
I don't know any other way to explain it.

FinalJ1
10-19-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm sure you're well aware of what the premise of each AC game is. A work of fiction set against the backdrop of real events and people involving a conflict between two major, secret conspiratorial groups. The point of the series has never been patriotism. I expect AC3 to be the same way, and I've seen several notions to prove that it will be.

The issue is that's not what these trailers claim. Some of the trailers, like the one in the OP, allude to the notion that the game is focused on fighting for the Patriots for the sole purpose of patriotism; with no ulterior motive. That annoys me because it shows these trailers are not aimed at us - the fans. It's not even really aimed at the general audience. It's aimed at the people (Americans, mostly) who've been unexposed to the franchise or it's premise. It's basically saying "Kill Brits like you're Mel Gibson" when that's entirely not the point. It's almost like the marketing team is trying to fool Americans into buying the game.

Please don't misunderstand; I'm not angry because I think the game will "pander to Americans", or that the trailers are doing the same. I'm irritated because the marketing team is pushing American patriotism as the prime factor in some trailers, instead of providing a sense of intriguing neutrality and focusing on the secret war of the Templars and Assassins.

I understand you better now, than before. In a way I agree with what your saying, but if you look at dialog it a metaphor for the battle between freedom and oppression, assassins and Templar. Now I'm not saying that GB is that way now, but the fictional battle fits so well it's sometimes scary. I do understand some Americans are over the bar on patriotic actions. We all need get in through are heads THE REAL WAR IS OVER! And get back to doing what all of us on this forums are great at. KILLING THOSE F@&$ING TEMPLARS!!!

Jexx21
10-19-2012, 05:30 AM
I eat redcoats for breakfast

FinalJ1
10-19-2012, 05:57 AM
I eat redcoats for breakfast

Keep eating like that and you're gonna get fat.

Evenesque
10-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Oh man. He corner swing's, on a British flag, bending the flag staff.

SO MUCH SYMBALIZM

FinalJ1
10-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Oh man. He corner swing's, on a British flag, bending the flag staff.

SO MUCH SYMBALIZM
Ssssshhhhhh......I was hoping no one would bring that up.

Great the war is going to start all over again.

*Kicks the wall and a picture of Elton John falls and smashes on the floor. But at a closer look it actually a picture of the queen.*

Oh boy, lol. Nah I'm just kidding. God save the queen.

Because he's the only one that can. :p