PDA

View Full Version : [necro] Plaguebringer deck

Hydroopl
10-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Somehow necro is more versatile than haven/inferno. The whole idea is to use all infect units with their high survivability and not too high cost in might to use in completely different way. To use infect as main damage source, so enemy unit will only have chance to retaliate (because of 3-4 average infect, might be a slight overkill, but worth it, if you consider what will happen next). If you will say "oh **** it will suck as hell, they don't have life steal or high attack units" than use your imagination. Nergal has earth magic which one is if you ask me the best for necro and haven (after mage nerf, not in haven anymore - adnotation for devs, if you want buff Jezziel, give her earth magic instead of primal/arcane). Why? We will use 2 cards as main strength : venomous touch and regeneration. There are still many great cards that can adjust to your style and this deck doesn't require epic and unique cards, but it is better if you have them. Of course this is only theory, but on paper looks great

Hero:
Nergal (hate the hero, not the player) - obvious, but I'm working on infect units based on lifesteal and dark magic

Creatures
4x lingering ghost (incorporeal, nuff said)
4x neophyte lich
4x plague zombies
4x twisted spinnells
2x fate spinnells (if you have, it is great addition in late game)
optionals
archlich, vampire knights, lamasu. Why not plague skeletons if they are infect units which are interesting for us? 1 attack point and 1 infect is not enough when we need to survive first 3-4 turns

Spells
4x Venomous touch
4x regeneration
3x rock wall (fast inferno? Why not to use it)
optionals:
-mass regen (obvious)
-stone shield can be useful
-teleport
- stone skin (especially on our main plague units)

Fortunes:
- 4 x mass grave
- 4 x no rest for the wicked
- 4 x graveyard (since most time enemy will have more units on table, unles everything will go great)
- 4 x shantiri ruins (if your unit will die with our buffs, you can recover it

Optional:
-Altar of eternal servitude - used with "for whom bell tolls" can be op combo (looks like not working in a way I thought, so ignore this sentence, still card can be good against armageddons/tsunami etc)
-Seria's legion (not so much required, but if you like it...)

Events:
- 4 x Month of emerald song
- 1 week of weaponsmith

Optionals:
None - it is essential to keep your creatures at as maximum hp level as possible. Will it backfire? No- haven hasn't enough attack and inferno with its low base hp won't be a problem to superior infect damage

zenithale
10-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Fun game, I tried something similar during closed beta, but my results with it were not good, even rather bad. Do you win often with this Deck? You should have a lot of problems against destructive spells, right?
Anyway your "Month of emerald song" Events can play against you since ennemy creatures can appear with more Health and thus become more resilient against Poison.

Altar of eternal servitude - used with "for whom bell tolls" can be op combo (but never used it)
Don't work since "for whom bell tolls" kills all creatures at the beginning of your turn, while the "Altar of servitude" affects the creatures killed during your opponent's previous turn only. It's sad, I know...

Hydroopl
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Fun game, I tried something similar during closed beta, but my results with it were not good, even rather bad. Do you win often with this Deck? You should have a lot of problems against destructive spells, right?
Anyway your "Month of emerald song" Events can play against you since ennemy creatures can appear with more Health and thus become more resilient against Poison.

Don't work since "for whom bell tolls" kills all creatures at the beginning of your turn, while the "Altar of servitude" affects the creatures killed during your opponent's previous turn only. It's sad, I know...
It's theorycrafting, since I haven't enough cards to do it. Still if you will stack these 2 spells, AoE won't do too much, only spells like soulreaver or thunderbolt with speed attack can do something. Adding 2-3 archliches should be good investment too, because they have life drain. That's why I put all these graveyard taking cards, enemy eventually will run out of options to fight against this deck.
About emerald song, twisted spinell has 2 attack, 2 infect +2 from spell +1 from nergal, moreover it has 9 hp + 2 hp regen per turn (or more with mass regen), so it is 7 hp just from one creature.

If haven will deploy praetorian - just mass grave it

Harmbringer
10-18-2012, 10:57 AM
you canīt use the same event 5 times!

Hydroopl
10-18-2012, 11:05 AM
you canīt use the same event 5 times!
Hmm so 4 maximum copies also applies to events