PDA

View Full Version : One Thing I'm Proud Of

tjbyrum1
10-17-2012, 04:02 AM
I suggested this quite a while ago (4/2/2011), and while I doubt Ubi considered it and never even saw it, I'm glad it's in.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/643470-Stealth-Cover-System-Crouch

A Cover System
Now, I do not mean hiding behind a wall and shooting around it. I just mean something where the Assassin sticks into cover more easily, and can see around the corner. Shooting the hidden gun or darts or even crossbow around it would be cool. Hell, even waiting for the guard to come to you and assassinate him from around a wall would be nice. I know you can simply 'stand' behind a wall, but a cover system would feel better.

A 'secondary' cover system, such as one where hiding in shadows makes you invisible, would even be cool. This idea could be built onto.

Makes me feel a lot better that it 'feels' like I was listened too, though I doubt I had anything to do with it.

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 04:11 AM
I suggested this quite a while ago (4/2/2011), and while I doubt Ubi considered it and never even saw it, I'm glad it's in.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/643470-Stealth-Cover-System-Crouch

Makes me feel a lot better that it 'feels' like I was listened too, though I doubt I had anything to do with it.
I doubt you were as well, and I'm not trying to be rude by saying that. But I think you should go buy a lottery ticket, because your seeing the future.

Evenesque
10-17-2012, 04:18 AM
It would be really cool if you were a reason why it was included, but considering the game was in development for 2 years before you made that suggestion, I doubt it.

Leferrier said (i'm pretty sure it was him) that at the beginning of the game's development the team had a giant board full of features they wanted to include in the game and there were hundreds of them written by various members of the team. taking cover was probably one of them.

Dtanobo
10-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Ah man I remember when I was waiting for AC Brotherhood I was begging for the same thing! This was when I thought the third game was going to be modern. I always wanted to drag a guard into the shadows from cover. I remember doing a list of all the things I wanted in AC3 and literally everything I mentioned is in there from the new engine to the open environment and animations. Ubisoft.... how did you read my mind.

Free_Hidings
10-17-2012, 07:03 AM
If we are honest with ourselves, the dozens of creative workers who get paid to come up with things to put in this game have probably thought of / considered every logical thing we can think of already to put into the games... Just because it hasn't been put in doesn't mean that no one has thought of it.

But great job on giving us some cool new stuff :) Always nice when you call something years in advance :)

(*Ahem* COD style Assassin's Creed gameplay)

Now, we wait...