PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to replay.......

DinoSteve1
10-16-2012, 02:58 PM
all previous Assassin Creed games before AC3, to refresh themselves of the story? I'm starting Asassins Creed now.

xXRyzonXx
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I already have ;)

MRNMRSPACER
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
already ran though them all!

kuled2012
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Yup that's what I'm doing. Currently on Sequence 4 of AC2.

andreja110s
10-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Finished AC2 for the second time, now I am replaying AC1 :)

DinoSteve1
10-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Ah! good I'm not the only one who does it.

F4H bandicoot
10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm doing this too.

deskp
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Nah I won't be doing that, Some of it is a little bit of a hassle to play now, and I don't wanna be all worn out on AC by the time AC3 is here.

LoyalACFan
10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
If only I had the time... I might be able to make it through AC2 before the release (I think I have an old save file on Sequence 5 or 6) but none of the others.

CalgaryJay
10-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Yup just did this too, not all of them, just AC2. Man, I forgot how good that game is...at least until I got to the Venice missions & the game decided to crash every time I try to go to that city now, that was a letdown. Never used to do that.

So I replaced it with ACR, was a lot of fun but I forgot how short it is. Amazing the 2 games cost the exact same when they first come out. Retailers & the video game industry really need to start putting fluctuating prices on games, depending on amount of content. (I know it'll never happen, just saying)

Think I'm actually gonna take a break from my XBox until release, as I know that's pretty much all I'm gonna be doing exactly 2 weeks from now.

Kaschra
10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Yepp, I'm doing this, too. I already started in August and I'm currently playing through Brotherhood.

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 05:25 PM
I had my play through now my wife is.

pacmanate
10-16-2012, 06:20 PM
I played through them all in a course of like 2 weeks :|

And AC3 is going to make the previous ones look crap :P

l Khasim l
10-16-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm in the process of doing so, but I can't force myself to keep playing one game that I have already completed 3+ times from the beginning to the end, so I play a little of AC1, a little of AC2 and a little of Brotherhood, and then I will finish Revelations back-to-back, because that's my favourite AC and I can replay it over and over again until the end of time (someone screencap this post, I think I'm the only person on the planet who likes Revelations the most), I'm also about to buy a new PC so I can buy play AC3 in glorious 60FPS, AA and AF, after completing it on the Xbox or PS3 (haven't decided which one I'm gonna buy yet).
Also, Dishonored (SO... MUCH... REPLAY... VALUE...) and Borderlands 2 (SO... GOOD... CO-OP...) are a nice distraction.

True_Assassin92
10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Been there , done that. Although I didn't play it in the right order. AC2, ACB, ACR then AC :p

^Edit: Dishonored is very good and indeed good replay value

Jexx21
10-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm in the process of doing so, but I can't force myself to keep playing one game that I have already completed 3+ times from the beginning to the end, so I play a little of AC1, a little of AC2 and a little of Brotherhood, and then I will finish Revelations back-to-back, because that's my favourite AC and I can replay it over and over again until the end of time (someone screencap this post, I think I'm the only person on the planet who likes Revelations the most), I'm also about to buy a new PC so I can buy play AC3 in glorious 60FPS, AA and AF, after completing it on the Xbox or PS3 (haven't decided which one I'm gonna buy yet).
Also, Dishonored (SO... MUCH... REPLAY... VALUE...) and Borderlands 2 (SO... GOOD... CO-OP...) are a nice distraction.

I like ACR the best, followed by ACB, followed by AC2, followed by AC1.

Sooo... yea.

Em-Man
10-16-2012, 06:54 PM
(someone screencap this post, I think I'm the only person on the planet who likes Revelations the most)
Nha, revelations is with no doubt the most developed AC game to date. The only reason people call it bad is because the game is pretty much more of the same, with not so very noticeable new features.
But the game is not worse than AC2 or brotherhood at all, it is the most developed game with the most features, it even had a new setting unlike brotherhood. And story wise, it was amazing. The level of closure they gave to Altair and Ezio was great and the buildup to the 3rd game was amazing.

With that said, I like AC1 the most.

Stroonzje
10-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I've finished them all but AC1 because the FPS is un playable. And i've left revelations on the last memory which i will complete while Assassins Creed 3 installs on my ps3, I downloaded Revelations on my PC :P

l Khasim l
10-16-2012, 07:52 PM
I like ACR the best, followed by ACB, followed by AC2, followed by AC1.

Sooo... yea.

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/1/17/Let_me_love_you.gif

@Em-Man - I did not say that people didn't think ACR was the most developed game, but that it was the one people complain about the most, even more than AC1, which is my second favourite.
My "like" (note: not the "I think it's the best game") list - ACR>AC1>AC2>ACB.

Kaschra
10-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, ACR is my second fave right after AC2. I can't wait to finish ACB and start with ACR again =)

Locopells
10-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Once I've finished with the Hitman games for the same reason (seeing as how both H:A and ACIII PC come out within days of each other), the waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you!

Em-Man
10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
@Em-Man - I did not say that people didn't think ACR was the most developed game, but that it was the one people complain about the most, even more than AC1, which is my second favourite.
My "like" (note: not the "I think it's the best game") list - ACR>AC1>AC2>ACB.
Yep, I know what you said. My point was that it's not exactly weird that you like ACR the most.
AC1 as your second favorite? You got good taste man.

naran6142
10-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Im playing ACB right and im planning on completing sequence 9 of ACR right before i play AC3

ARe any of you guys doing the glyph puzzles as well?

Locopells
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I do everything on every playthrough, to make it last. I'm OCD that way.

Kaschra
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
ARe any of you guys doing the glyph puzzles as well?

Yes, of course. They're an important part of the games IMO. I played the AC2 glyphs so many times, so I don't really need any help there, but I was only able to solve the first two ACB cluster without help :/
I like all the hidden messages in the glyphs and clusters.

Em-Man
10-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Indeed, the glyph and clusters gave very important story elements but it saddens me that they presented them as a optional side-quest. It's like ubisoft don't care about the overarching mythological plot, which IMO is the best thing about the series.

DinoSteve1
10-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Strange, I always considered AC2 the best to date, while ACB and ACR did add more positives in terms of gameplay they also added alot of negatives that weren't needed.

naran6142
10-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I do everything on every playthrough, to make it last. I'm OCD that way.

Glad im not the only one :p

and ya im the same way, i even collect all the feathers in AC2 so i can wear the auditore cape when going the kill rodrigo... that the right way to do it if u ask me :p

F4H bandicoot
10-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Indeed, the glyph and clusters gave very important story elements but it saddens me that they presented them as a optional side-quest. It's like ubisoft don't care about the overarching mythological plot, which IMO is the best thing about the series.

I dunno, there kinda of there for the more invested and intrigued player, not the average pick up and play who probably doesn't fully understand all of what's going on.

HisSpiritLives
10-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I just finished Revelations and i am going for one more round or maybe two since i am buying PC version :(

Moultonborough
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I am already through AC1 and working on AC2. Giving myself 5 days for each so I finish on the 30th. Behind on AC2 right now but AC:B and AC:R will only take me two days each. So I'm good for now.

Dralight
10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I finished replaying all the games a while ago now, but went for 100% in all of them this time, man I sunk some hours into AC1 collecting all those flags. Kinda wish i'd waited til a bit closer to release to start my playthrough though lol...

rileypoole1234
10-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm doing it with a schedule that will hopefully let me finish ACR literally right before I start AC3.

Locopells
10-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Glad im not the only one :p

and ya im the same way, i even collect all the feathers in AC2 so i can wear the auditore cape when going the kill rodrigo... that the right way to do it if u ask me :p

Yep, I do that as well...

I finished replaying all the games a while ago now, but went for 100% in all of them this time, man I sunk some hours into AC1 collecting all those flags. Kinda wish i'd waited til a bit closer to release to start my playthrough though lol...

Only do that for a new computer where I've lost my savegame. If it had an in-game tracking system, however...

Wonder if anyone hacked the game and made one?

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 11:46 PM
I thinking of replaying my AC bloodlines on my psp.

Layytez
10-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Replaying ACR as I type.

CalgaryJay
10-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Nha, revelations is with no doubt the most developed AC game to date. The only reason people call it bad is because the game is pretty much more of the same, with not so very noticeable new features.
But the game is not worse than AC2 or brotherhood at all, it is the most developed game with the most features, it even had a new setting unlike brotherhood. And story wise, it was amazing. The level of closure they gave to Altair and Ezio was great and the buildup to the 3rd game was amazing.

With that said, I like AC1 the most.

Exactly, hell I even loved the hookblade & bombs, used the latter all the time. Love a good caltrop bomb when you're running away & looking behind you to see everyone dancing around on one foot. By itself it was a good game, its just that after AC2 & ACB, it just felt so tired, like you said.

That and it was waaay too freakin short...although now with the benefit of hindsight, in realizing that they were under a year away from releasing AC3, I understand why they kinda skimped on the length. Bigger fish to fry, obviously.

EDIT: Just finished ACR again a couple days ago, I love how at the very end (after you beat the game and are watching cut scenes), when they open the van door & it does a quick zoom in shot of what looks like the Frontier. Meant nothing to me the first time I beat it, but knowing what I know now, I got all tingly.

SoopaMan2K
10-17-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm about to get AC:R and BH. Play through those.

Free_Hidings
10-17-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm doing this but in a completely screwed up order... First was Brotherhood a few months ago, before I got Revelations. Then Revelations, then AC1, then AC2, and when I finish AC2, back to Brotherhood. Gotta get dem Uplay points :) <--- (Because I haven't used this account to play Brotherhood SP yet)

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Just finished Assassin's Creed.

Locopells
10-18-2012, 09:23 AM
OK, this is it, I'm off today. I gotta beat Hitman: Blood Money and the Sniper Challenge done, then I can get going on AC!

II-Siamak-II
10-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Just Finished Assassin Creed 1, starting Assassin Creed II and so on....:rolleyes:

Sajn12
10-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I was replaying too, now I'm in sequence 7 in AC:R :)

eagleforlife1
10-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I was replaying too, now I'm in sequence 7 in AC:R :)

I've jjust got to get the boat to Cappadocia and then I'm on sequence 7. Will watch Embers upon completion of ACR.

LightRey
10-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Finished replaying AC1 - ACR a few days ago.

lukaszep
10-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I finished AC1-ACR beginning of september. Haven't played any games since. I like to have a rest before a new AC comes out so it makes me extra excited :o

TheAquila
10-19-2012, 11:20 AM
I did it already. Tested myself on the trivia the other day too. My body is ready.

hemza0076
10-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm watching a playtrough of a guy named Kootra, don't feel like playing them for a third time :)

SpitfireSpud
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
my old xbox gamertag got corrupted, so I have just finished playing ACII & Brotherhood... I will start to play revelations hopefully soon... I can't see myself going back to ACI though... I just much prefer Ezios story etc... and Connors looks even better...

kudos17
10-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm timing the sequences so I end Revelations on the exact day before AC3 releases. I started almost a month ago, so that's about a sequence a day :P

I'm nearing the end of AC:B right now

DinoSteve1
10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Just finished Assassin's Creed 2