PDA

View Full Version : Few big secrets?

HisSpiritLives
10-16-2012, 01:33 PM
If you remember after Ubisoft revealed Naval Combat,they said there are few more systems almost as big as naval, do you think they meant only on economics and other few little things we learned since Jun or there are few big gameplay secrets they are keeping as a secret until release? Opinions?

deskp
10-16-2012, 02:15 PM
They have revealed free mason underground stuff and the linear levels like fort wolcott.

Lass4r
10-16-2012, 02:39 PM
They have said there will be atleast two major systems that won't be revealed before launch. Most recently was at the preview event on the 24th of Sept (I think). Steven Master said:
- You haven't seen everything yet. This is a massive game, and we have systems in place that will blow your mind which we won't reveal before launch.

Those aren't his exact words, but here is the video (go to 7:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOfjMFXRCEE&feature=plcp

DeSabellis
10-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, obviously Desmond... that's one.

The other... probably economics related I suppose. The things they haven't talked about that you would expect to hear about have most likely been changed a lot. Or deleted.

LoyalACFan
10-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I suspect there will be more to the recruit system than has been revealed. Since the Assassin recruits are scripted characters this time, it's obviously going to be handled a bit differently.

Evenesque
10-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Yea I'd place my bets on Desmond having a gameplay loop this time. Like, you can actually play as him, and do some things instead of just following another character around. That, and the Recruits. There's got to be more to the recruits. I like how they're almost like Mass Effect squadmates this time, but you can use any of them whenever instead of just 2.

lightning667
10-16-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't think having more stuff to do with Desmond is one of the big secrets. Of course they improved him but I think what he meant is that they added in a system that no one is expecting them to do or even thought about. Like if they never told us about being able to free roam the seas we never would have thought that it was possible in an AC game. I really do believe that even with all the spoilers there are right now they are still holding something amazing back. It probably won't be as big as the naval part but its still a brand new idea.

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 05:51 PM
If they have any bigger secrets I'm need to wear a huggies so I don't mess my pants.

twenty_glyphs
10-16-2012, 06:08 PM
*** SPECULATION AND SPOILERS ***

I wonder if one of the features not revealed yet will involve frozen rivers/lakes and the ice on the surface. Last November, there was a Kotaku article about AC3 location speculation that featured the following blurb:

A guy who e-mailed me and said he saw Assassin's Creed III in action several months ago, but who I couldn't confirm was legit: (I'm paraphrasing what he told me.) The game is in America, during the Revolutionary War, starring a half-American/half-Native American assassin who meets George Washington and builds up a homebase farm of some sort. He mentioned a mission involving tracking redcoats on a frozen lake (the ice could be weakened so they fell through) and a level involving three-mast ships in grand combat. [Note from Stephen: Would be cool if it was true, no?]

http://kotaku.com/5863512/the-evidence-for-assassins-creed-iii-being-set-in-america-or-china-or-india

Notice how almost everything in that short statement has gradually been revealed to be true, from the half-Native American protagonist who meets George Washington during the American Revolution when the game was revealed to the naval combat at E3 and the Homestead in recent weeks. Tracking Redcoats on a frozen lake and weakening ice is the only thing in that list that hasn't been touched on yet in previews. I could easily imagine that feature being used during George Washington's famous crossing of the Delaware River on December 25, 1776. Connor could protect Washington and his troops in their boats by free-running across the ice and eliminating Redcoat patrols before they could spot Washington.

I would imagine another big feature of the game was revealed by the (***SPOILER***) Achievement for finding all the pivots and syncing the Animus to the Cloud. They haven't mentioned that at all, and the only reason we know about it is because of the leaked achievement. Who knows, that could end up being an even bigger gameplay element than the Truth in AC2.

Evenesque
10-16-2012, 06:11 PM
*** SPECULATION AND SPOILERS ***

I wonder if one of the features not revealed yet will involve frozen rivers/lakes and the ice on the surface. Last November, there was a Kotaku article about AC3 location speculation that featured the following blurb:

Notice how almost everything in that short statement has gradually been revealed to be true, from the half-Native American protagonist who meets George Washington during the American Revolution when the game was revealed to the naval combat at E3 and the Homestead in recent weeks. Tracking Redcoats on a frozen lake and weakening ice is the only thing in that list that hasn't been touched on yet in previews. I could easily imagine that feature being used during George Washington's famous crossing of the Delaware River on December 25, 1776. Connor could protect Washington and his troops in their boats by free-running across the ice and eliminating Redcoat patrols before they could spot Washington.

I would imagine another big feature of the game was revealed by the (***SPOILER***) Achievement for finding all the pivots and syncing the Animus to the Cloud. They haven't mentioned that at all, and the only reason we know about it is because of the leaked achievement. Who knows, that could end up being an even bigger gameplay element than the Truth in AC2.

They've told us in the cover issue of GameInformer that winter will freeze bodies of water that will open up new paths of traversal. It's not like it hasn't been mentioned before.

HisSpiritLives
10-16-2012, 10:46 PM
I dont know,new economic system is nice but not BIG and they said at least 3 of them so i am hoping for suprizes. Intersting theory maybe one of them has to do something with Desmond.

TheDanteEX
10-17-2012, 12:30 AM
They're supposed to be surprises, so why speculate and try and guess what they are? I'd be afraid to guess correctly, if anything.

xXRyzonXx
10-17-2012, 12:43 AM
I think its cooler to find these things as I play the game ;)

LoyalACFan
10-17-2012, 01:59 AM
They're supposed to be surprises, so why speculate and try and guess what they are? I'd be afraid to guess correctly, if anything.

Why? It's still just as awesome when you find it. As long as there isn't direct confirmation from the developers, I don't think it hurts to speculate.

Dtanobo
10-17-2012, 04:40 AM
Maybe it's a bounty hunting system or something to do with the native american tribes who supposedly are not too pleased with connor. But Desmond will definately be one of them. Maybe visit some modern locations. I know there are achievements leaked but I'm not looking at them so I don't know anything about desmond

solofme
10-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Maybe it's a bounty hunting system or something to do with the native american tribes who supposedly are not too pleased with connor. But Desmond will definately be one of them. Maybe visit some modern locations. I know there are achievements leaked but I'm not looking at them so I don't know anything about desmond
I think that one of the unrevealed systems has indeed something to do with the native tribes, since it was a major influence during the revolution and Connor being half native. Also I thought I read somewhere that Glyphs return in AC3 but that they are (ofcourse) not left by subject 16 but something else, so that could be another part of the game that hasn't been fully revealed.

HisSpiritLives
10-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Why? It's still just as awesome when you find it. As long as there isn't direct confirmation from the developers, I don't think it hurts to speculate.

Yeah,that are forums for,and i dindt want to reveal or guees what they are i just wanted to know is there going to be suprises when we get to play game.

Locopells
10-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm up for guessing. I'm thinking that they're talking about one or more of the clubs we haven't seen yet.

HisSpiritLives
10-18-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm up for guessing. I'm thinking that they're talking about one or more of the clubs we haven't seen yet.
New clubs cant be a big secrets ,i hope so.

Locopells
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Possibly the Borgia Tower-esq forts that they just started talking about?

eljeffe0
11-21-2012, 03:59 AM
How do i get to the views across the lake without dematerilizing