PDA

View Full Version : Who can help me???

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
[SIZE=5][/SIZE Is there anyone at Ubisoft that i can contact to show them that i named my son Altaiir??? I was truly excited about the series and therefore ended up naming my newborn son Altaiir.... Can anyone help me with this??? I want to see if they can make him known and such... LOL.

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Is this pointless????

Jexx21
10-16-2012, 03:44 AM
yes

rileypoole1234
10-16-2012, 03:49 AM
I could name my son pickle juice if I wanted... Nobody would care...

If your son ends up saving the world, then Ubi will care.

MRNMRSPACER
10-16-2012, 03:57 AM
I could name my son pickle juice if I wanted... Nobody would care...

If your son ends up saving the world, then Ubi will care.
haha well ubi should care in my opinion....

Kestrel_OvO
10-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Wait... you named your son Altaiir?

TheDanteEX
10-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Uh oh. This reminds me of the time a My Little Pony fan named their daughter Pinkamena. It was not received well. Altair (or Altaiir apparently) definitely isn't a normal name, so I hope you did take that into consideration before jumping into that decision.

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 04:32 AM
I think naming your child after someone you admire, whether factional or real, is a show of great respect towards that persons family or creator.

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 04:40 AM
You never know, someone might care. And he's only ONE now so there's no telling what he is capable of yet.

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 04:46 AM
Actually its Altar but the hospital didn't allow us to us that special character. So we went with TWO I's, and we've gotten nothing but compliments from people. I was just curious about this and thought I'd ask. And who likes common names??? I sure as hell don't. SO that's why my son was named Altaiir because its not a common name and me and my wife happen to like it. But thanks for your "opinion"

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Yes i did name my son Altaiir
Wait... you named your son Altaiir?

MRsmith1994
10-16-2012, 04:58 AM
someone named his kid dovahkin and now bethesda offered him free bethesda games for life xD

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 05:06 AM
That's exactly what my friend that works at gamestop told me thats why i had decided to see if i could do something similar.
someone named his kid dovahkin and now bethesda offered him free bethesda games for life xD

MRsmith1994
10-16-2012, 05:14 AM
contact gabe on twitter he might be able to help but hey there's a big chance that they wont do this lol

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 05:16 AM
It's worth a try...Just thought it would be cool. Thanks.

Tzeentch_859
10-16-2012, 05:16 AM
Uh oh. This reminds me of the time a My Little Pony fan named their daughter Pinkamena. It was not received well. Altair (or Altaiir apparently) definitely isn't a normal name, so I hope you did take that into consideration before jumping into that decision.
Or like the couple that named their son Dovahkiin last year in honor of Skyrim and now get every Bethesda product for free.

Kestrel_OvO
10-16-2012, 05:26 AM
I apologize if I insulted you, I meant no disrespect.

Anyway, congrats on your baby! (Is that the right thing to say? I've never had to say it before so I'm not exactly sure...)

"Listen to him! A fine set of lungs!"

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 05:29 AM
That's exactly what my friend that works at gamestop told me thats why i had decided to see if i could do something similar.

If you only did it because of that than that is sad.

Evenesque
10-16-2012, 06:07 AM
I really hope you can live with it. And so can he. So many people never take into consideration how a child will feel with a name.

MRsmith1994
10-16-2012, 06:22 AM
it's a good name if you asked me :p

xsatanicjokerx
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm going to name my son Connor so Ubi will give me free Ubisoft games for life.

Sgt_Alistair
10-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Name him Desmond. :D

DiamondBlade_R
10-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Oh God...

adarwinter
10-16-2012, 01:43 PM
i think that the son will grow up and ppl will ask him what does his name mean (or as his dad) and the answer will be -
"i am named after a video game character because... because.... he symbolizes... emm... awesomeness... and he is a killer... and .... and he's awesome...."

personally i would feel embarrassed to be called after a character from fiction. be it a video game or a tv show or a movie. it just feels.... like it's implying bad things about my parents and that my name was chosen from the wrong reasons. what if someone was called "who"?
"yeah, my mom loved this show about a doctor... and now i have to live with it".

being named a mundane name like jack or something doesnt come from a good reason and it implies on banal parents but nothing more. nothing really bad. altaiir will make ppl think stuff about the dad and the wife and might embarrasse the child. besides - in arab it means "the flying one" and is actually made of two words - al-tair. pronounced al-tayr or al-tare.

however if altair is a common arab name than it's a more accepted to name a child after a different language.

well, as long as your son can live with that name and you can defend that name choice when he gets picked on or something, than go ahead. it isnt my son. not gonna judge any farther :P

SevereAtrophy
10-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Will you make him wear a tunic with the hood up constantly? You know.... you have gone one step why not go all the way, make him wear white, and chop a finger off....

adarwinter
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Will you make him wear a tunic with the hood up constantly? You know.... you have gone one step why not go all the way, make him wear white, and chop a finger off....

i would pad the area around the crib with hay.
just in case he gets any ideas...

xXRyzonXx
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
I think Altair is a cool name, its just... I don't respect parents who name their child stuff like this, because they rarely think about how the child will feel from being named after a video game character.

andreja110s
10-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I hope you are from places where this name is considered normal... I like AC a lot too, but I would never name my son Altair... And I dont think Ubisoft cares...

Lass4r
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
I really would like to know what your circumstances are, because naming your son is a very serious matter... unless you're sure about this I would consider how that might be for him to have that kind of a name.

Wreaver
10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
I wish I was named Altair.

SevereAtrophy
10-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Its like naming my next born Jack Daniels, hoping ill get free Whisky for life..... or Jim Beam. oh, oh.... Captain Morgan, ;-)

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Actually no my son was already about 8 months old when he mentioned it to me.
If you only did it because of that than that is sad.

MangoCookies
10-16-2012, 08:37 PM
That's such a cute name!! Congratulations Nate!! May I suggest once your child reaches a certain age, he play Assassins Creed. Although, I hope Altaiir doesn't get his name origin get into his head and actually start killing. Most unlikely, but it's still pretty cute!! Altaiir should wear an assassin outfit!!

The Machine 407
10-16-2012, 08:47 PM
While Altair is a pretty badass name, in my opinion it would be much better used as a name for a household pet than a child. You never know how your kid is going to take being named after a video game character.

I honestly mean no offense, but it scares me quite a bit that you named your kid Altair and then came onto the forums looking for Ubisoft to see it. To me, that just screams "I named my kid after your game so I could get publicity and maybe some free stuff." Respectfully, I would urge you to perhaps reconsider this decision.

I.Am.N8
10-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I see what you are getting at but I honestly didn't name him that so that we could try and get free stuff... I named him that because I actually liked the name and I liked the simple meaning to it. I don't see why it should cause problems in his future. Yes he will know that he was named after a video game character but he will also know that his mother and I didn't name him that because we just liked the name. It was hard for me to name him that because a dear close friend of mine which happens to be an Arab told me that it's a common name for GIRLS. So trust me it wasn't easy. As for being named after the video game character NO ONE has to know that. He's going to grow up with a different generation. I never had to explain to anyone why my parents named me NATANAEL, so who knows how its going to be for him?? I'm sure all of you can see into the future and already know that he's going to be given hell because his name is different.Thanks for the feedback tho guys.
While Altair is a pretty badass name, in my opinion it would be much better used as a name for a household pet than a child. You never know how your kid is going to take being named after a video game character.

I honestly mean no offense, but it scares me quite a bit that you named your kid Altair and then came onto the forums looking for Ubisoft to see it. To me, that just screams "I named my kid after your game so I could get publicity and maybe some free stuff." Respectfully, I would urge you to perhaps reconsider this decision.

Stroonzje
10-16-2012, 10:41 PM
just dont try and turn him into altair.

The Machine 407
10-17-2012, 04:21 AM
I see what you are getting at but I honestly didn't name him that so that we could try and get free stuff... I named him that because I actually liked the name and I liked the simple meaning to it. I don't see why it should cause problems in his future. Yes he will know that he was named after a video game character but he will also know that his mother and I didn't name him that because we just liked the name. It was hard for me to name him that because a dear close friend of mine which happens to be an Arab told me that it's a common name for GIRLS. So trust me it wasn't easy. As for being named after the video game character NO ONE has to know that. He's going to grow up with a different generation. I never had to explain to anyone why my parents named me NATANAEL, so who knows how its going to be for him?? I'm sure all of you can see into the future and already know that he's going to be given hell because his name is different.Thanks for the feedback tho guys.

Of course, I meant no disrespect.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Congratulations and cool name :)

NOLA_Assassin
10-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Where do you live?