PDA

View Full Version : George Washington = traitor?

menacefox
10-15-2012, 09:48 AM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-66233&ct=tcm:6-231-32

Looks like George Washington is possibly going to betray Connor.

George Washington was a Freemason and there was a connection between Freemasons and the (Knight) Templars.

EscoBlades
10-15-2012, 09:51 AM
It is a "what if" version of alternate history, as it clearly says so in the DLC text.

menacefox
10-15-2012, 09:59 AM
It is a "what if" version of alternate history, as it clearly says so in the DLC text.
That part can refer to multiple things.

In the original version, George Washington can betray Connor.
In the alternate, Connor kills King George Washington.

I still have a feeling that George Washington will betray Connor. There's a trailer where Connor kills a templar and George Washington looks worried when he sees the act through the scope.

EscoBlades
10-15-2012, 10:06 AM
I'll try this again....

“While Assassin’s Creed 3 concentrates on history as it happens, we wanted to take some liberties with this DLC and tell you how things ‘could have happened.”

Downloadable content will feature “The Tyranny of King Washington”, an all-new single-player campaign available as a continual episodic story through three DLCs that will “let players experience an alternate history of the American Revolution.”

menacefox
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
I'll try this again....

Downloadable content will feature “The Tyranny of King Washington”, an all-new single-player campaign available as a continual episodic story through three DLCs that will “let players experience an alternate history of the American Revolution.”
I'll try this again, too...

Connor was not a real historical figure.

So, there's nothing wrong by having George Washington betray a 'fictional' character. George Washington wasn't an angel. He owned slaves.
They can easily portray George Washington as a traitor.

EscoBlades
10-15-2012, 10:15 AM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-66233&ct=tcm:6-231-32

Looks like George Washington is possibly going to betray Connor.

George Washington was a Freemason and there was a connection between Freemasons and the (Knight) Templars.

The DLC is not cannon. You pointed to it in your first post. If you wanted to discuss the fact that Washington might be a traitor in the main game, then there would have been no need to link to the DLC blurb. Simple really. As a side note, the theory that Washington might turn on Connor has been discussed on the forums before. You can use the search function if you'd like to join in that existing discussion.

menacefox
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
The DLC is not cannon. You pointed to it in your first post. If you wanted to discuss the fact that Washington might be a traitor in the main game, then there would have been no need to link to the DLC blurb. Simple really. As a side note, the theory that Washington might turn on Connor has been discussed on the forums before. You can use the search function if you'd like to join in that existing discussion.
It all depends where the story is heading...
Main Game = Connor is betrayed by George Washington in the last chapter.
DLC = Connor kills King Washington or King Washington kills Connor.

[EDIT] I searched for the threads. They are like 4 months old. Did not feel like reviving those.

AmneonX
10-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't think it is as simple as, Washington betrays Connor. I think that at the end of the game, Washington gets the Apple of Eden thus leading us to Washington going power crazy. That is how I think it will spin. The Apple has controlled many people, so Washington could be next.

eagleforlife1
10-15-2012, 11:31 AM

I don't think Washington can be ruled out as being a Templar and I don't see what evidence there is to suggest that he doesn't betray Connor.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
At present it's all 'what if' - we have no details of any story line..

So, I wouldn't read too much into things, based on a title of DLC ;)

GreatBeyonder
10-16-2012, 04:53 AM
I'll try this again, too...

Connor was not a real historical figure.

So, there's nothing wrong by having George Washington betray a 'fictional' character. George Washington wasn't an angel. He owned slaves.
They can easily portray George Washington as a traitor.

Actually, GW's journals reveal he was pne of the few anti-slavery Founding Father around, he just knew that trying to abolish now would make him extremely unpopular. Martha's freeing his slaves was done according to his will. Bear in mind, we also know that the Templars are anti-slavery in this game too.

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 05:07 AM
At present it's all 'what if' - we have no details of any story line..

So, I wouldn't read too much into things, based on a title of DLC ;)

Amen!!!!