PDA

View Full Version : [COULD SPOIL SOME] AC3 Features 'Tested' in Brotherhood and Revelations

dewgel
10-13-2012, 07:27 PM
So me old chaparoonies, has anyone else noticed this? I was pondering on it recently, obviously most of the decisions for AC3's gameplay were made fairly early on (As seen in the 2010 target footage), so do you think that they sort of 'tested' certain features in the other games?

Things I've noticed, which are only minor, but none-the-less have appeared in AC3.

AC : Brotherhood:

Desmond doing more free-running / puzzle running -
Not so much puzzle running but you know, the Colosseum and Monterigionni was fun.

Crossbow -
As much as it's not a bow and arrow, and was requested, it's still a similar feature.

Map dividing areas into "districts/zones" -
We've seen this now in the Frontier map on IGN's video, but areas are in regions. Obviously, a feature that wasn't in AC2.

Revelations:

New Control Scheme -
The new "Triangle/Y is shoot thing, which appeared in Revelations is also in AC3. Possibly put in to help ease us into the new control scheme for AC3, as well as putting Interact as Circle

New Rendering / Facial Capture -
Something that's looking impressive in AC3, first appeared in ACR. It really made a big difference to some characters, but overall I felt it changed the feel of Ezio far too much. (But that's a different topic)

Enemy Awareness / Archetypes -
The appearance of the enemy awareness meter above their head seems to be similar to AC3 as it was in ACR, another little graphical thing I noticed. As for Archetypes, you had the Janisarries and the enemies wielding turkish rifles (muskets?), which I could imagine was a small preview as to the soldiers of AC3.

There's a few more features I was thinking of earlier, but that's mostly all I can remember. See if you've noticed anything!!

White24Room
10-13-2012, 07:36 PM
I've already thought about it !
I've something but it's about ACR. In the DLC of ACB about Leonardo we had a new possibility of gameplay, we could throw bombs. I think that was a kind of preview for ACR :)

dewgel
10-13-2012, 07:39 PM
I've already thought about it !
I've something but it's about ACR. In the DLC of ACB about Leonardo we had a new possibility of gameplay, we could throw bombs. I think that was a kind of preview for ACR :)

Yeah, I definitely felt like there are features that are previewed for the next one, considering AC3 was in development during Brotherhood and Revelations it sounds pretty likely

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I dunno, yes and no, some just seem logical.

The free running for Desmond in the Colosseum in AC:B, sure that could be because they wanted that stuff in AC3, but also because he had never done anything for the previous 2 games
Crossbow = Bow and Arrow I don't think so on this one. It basically uses the same mechanic as the hidden gun so could be due to fan demand and the ease of implementation
Districts and Zones was in AC1

AC:R's control scheme most likely was because of AC3.
Facial capturing testing in AC:R seems like a good move, now they just need to get the audio to sync properly.
Enemy Archetypes to me doesn't seem like something geared towards AC3, they always had different archetypes of enemy every game to switch it up a bit.

AltairCBM
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Has anybody else used the free-roam in Masyaf glitch for ACR? It clearly shows the map changing seasons, from snowy and dark to snowy but a lot more like summer.

AltairCBM
10-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Den Defense-Naval Battles

dewgel
10-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Also, something else.. The naval from Brotherhood. Fair enough we don't actually use the ships but it can be compared.

AdrianJacek
10-14-2012, 02:26 PM
And also weather - ACB had rain, ACR had snow. And you know - in AC2 guards used horses in the carriage mission so that was a small preview of ACB. And Bonfire of The Vanities had the sprint jump which was remade to be one of the hookblade moves. The ship mission was already mentioned. :P
Also - throwing bombs in the DLC? Huh? You mean we couldn't do that there originally? I'm not sure 'cause I only learned about that feature after I bought DaVinci.

Ielgon
10-14-2012, 03:00 PM
And also weather - ACB had rain, ACR had snow. And you know - in AC2 guards used horses in the carriage mission so that was a small preview of ACB. And Bonfire of The Vanities had the sprint jump which was remade to be one of the hookblade moves. The ship mission was already mentioned. :P
Also - throwing bombs in the DLC? Huh? You mean we couldn't do that there originally? I'm not sure 'cause I only learned about that feature after I bought DaVinci.

No the smoke bomb thing was a DaVinci DLC feature. If you lock on to a guard and press smoke bomb without the DLC installed Ezio will just throw it normally at his feet but if you press it when the DLC is installed and locked on from a distance he will do the same animation but the smoke bomb will magically explode at the guards feet. It wasn't fully worked out and seemed a bit sloppy (a simple overhead throw without any smoke bomb flying would have been believable enough) and some people even thought it was a bug.

Crouching.Tiger
10-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Has anybody else used the free-roam in Masyaf glitch for ACR? It clearly shows the map changing seasons, from snowy and dark to snowy but a lot more like summer.

How do you do this?

But yeah, I guess they test a lot of stuff and see how people react to them. So for example, we don't have guards knocking out swords of our hands, possibly because people didn't like when that happened in II, and I'm pretty sure we will never see Den Defense in another Assassin's Creed game :p

AltairCBM
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
How do you do this?

But yeah, I guess they test a lot of stuff and see how people react to them. So for example, we don't have guards knocking out swords of our hands, possibly because people didn't like when that happened in II, and I'm pretty sure we will never see Den Defense in another Assassin's Creed game :p

For the Masyaf glitch, you just reload a memory that takes place in Masyaf, and turn off your console while you're in the Black Room loading screen, then turn on the console, and reload the saved game. Beware, it didn't work for me for the first few times, and you will be stuck there unless you reload a mission in Constantinople when you want to go back. Also, part of the map is glitched in the fortress. This also works for the cities in the Cristina memories in ACB by the way.