PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in AC3? What is it like?

Hagis21
10-13-2012, 04:18 PM
What types of animals can we hunt? What types of hostile animals exist in the frontier?

HisSpiritLives
10-13-2012, 04:25 PM
They said there is more than 20 types of animals ,and as far as i saw hunting seems like lot of fun.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Elks, Mooses, Cougers, Bobcats, they are hostiles. There are over 20 types of animals, we don't know them all.

Rogue Agent 035
10-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Ok..., In one Esco's sort little previews last month, he spoke of "Needless Slaying" causing desync. As an Avid Hunter, I was wonderin if either he or someone could clarify where the needless part comes in? Also, since certain animals can be air assassinated (Bambi, Cougars, Wolves, etc) Does that method of harvesting the meat affect the pelt/meat which as we heard will affect the turn-around in quality?

Rogue Agent 035

Assassin_M
10-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Ok..., In one Esco's sort little previews last month, he spoke of "Needless Slaying" causing desync. As an Avid Hunter, I was wonderin if either he or someone could clarify where the needless part comes in? Also, since certain animals can be air assassinated (Bambi, Cougars, Wolves, etc) Does that method of harvesting the meat affect the pelt/meat which as we heard will affect the turn-around in quality?

Rogue Agent 035
Needless meaning without skinning..

tjbyrum1
10-15-2012, 02:41 AM
@M: Makes sense.

But so far hunting seems to be the same thing as stalking and killing people in cities except you do it in a forest and your target(s) are wild animals. See, stalk, kill, skin.

But do you sell the meat/pelts for money? If so, what do you spend money on?

EDIT: No, I'm not stupid, but I haven't seen anything relating to 'purchasing' stuff... seems he uses the bow, the tomahawk, the dagger, and the other weapons through the whole game without need of purchasing.

Layytez
10-15-2012, 02:42 AM
What if you are attacked does that count ?

Evenesque
10-15-2012, 02:45 AM

But so far hunting seems to be the same thing as stalking and killing people in cities except you do it in a forest and your target(s) are wild animals. See, stalk, kill, skin.

EDIT: No, I'm not stupid, but I haven't seen anything relating to 'purchasing' stuff... seems he uses the bow, the tomahawk, the dagger, and the other weapons through the whole game without need of purchasing.

You can craft outfits, I know that much. And they require pelts from different animals as a 'recipe.'

The Native American outfit is one of these that requires materials to be made. Whether Connor makes them, or contracts a Homesteader to do it, we don't know.

He'll also probably have to buy bullets, arrows, or the material to make arrows. Who knows what else.

Hagis21
10-15-2012, 02:48 AM
Craft outfits...HOLY MOTHER OF GOD AMAZING **** ON ALL OF THE MOTHER****ING EARTH!!

Rogue Agent 035
10-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Needless meaning without skinning..

Suspected as much, wanted ta make sure...., thank ya kind sir

Assassin_M
10-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Suspected as much, wanted ta make sure...., thank ya kind sir
No probz

BBALive
10-15-2012, 07:18 AM

Weapons, outfits, ammunition/arrows, upgrades (not just for Connor, but for weapons, the Aquila, so on), who knows what else.

Free_Hidings
10-15-2012, 07:53 AM
I thought I read about upgrading your Homestead in some way, could well be mistaken though. I imagine there will be some kind of weapon upgrade system, and possibly the usual hiring of mercanary type groups.

SoopaMan2K
10-15-2012, 08:38 AM
So no one noticed that big black Bear from the trailer?

KillGhast
10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I have seen alot of animals in pics and vids. Bear, wolf, mountain lion, rabbit, deer, fox, elk etc.
Can't wait to set a trap and catch something!

F4H bandicoot
10-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I wonder if you can set traps in cities....
That could be fun, set like 30 traps across the street. Watch as the AI just stroll into them. :D :D

T.Guywood
10-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I wonder if you can set traps in cities....
That could be fun, set like 30 traps across the street. Watch as the AI just stroll into them. :D :D

Im pretty sure you can, Alex Hutchinson said that they originally added traps so you could catch animals, but that they've also made npc's "trappable"
It would be cool setting up a bunch of bear traps in a city and then scale a building to see your masterpiece.

Rogue Agent 035
10-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Being my last thread participation/post before goin dark until the 29th, I need some clarification...., I've heard rumbling that if you get close nough to an animal in the frontier yer autoed into a QTE, but also heared from a dev in one of the IGN Making Of's that you have the choice to either scare them off or you do have the option to watch them. The question is 2 parts...., is this true, an how much distance is given before triggering a QTE in order to get close enough w/o triggering

Rogue Agent 035