PDA

View Full Version : Uplay outfit in Ac3. Redone, or old skin? [POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS]

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 01:34 PM
The outfit from ACB is in AC3 on uplay. My question is do you think that the outfit will be redone so it will look better and have better physics, or do you think that they will just use the old skin, if they can... and as a side note, speaking of old skins being reused, why the heck didn't they reuse the old Desmond skin from AC1 in every AC game?! It was very detailed!... back on topic... They used the old ACB skin in the making of videos, but, the graphics altogether in those segments looked like ACB graphics. I believe that they will update the ACB skin or redo it so that it looks better.

dewgel
10-13-2012, 01:51 PM
The outfit from ACB is in AC3 on uplay. My question is do you think that the outfit will be redone so it will look better and have better physics, or do you think that they will just use the old skin, if they can... and as a side note, speaking of old skins being reused, why the heck didn't they reuse the old Desmond skin from AC1 in every AC game?! It was very detailed!... back on topic... They used the old ACB skin in the making of videos, but, the graphics altogether in those segments looked like ACB graphics. I believe that they will update the ACB skin or redo it so that it looks better.

I'd imagine it'll just be the Brotherhood skin. To be honest, the Brotherhood outfit was detailed enough to work in AC3, there'll be a bit of clipping here and there but it's to be expected.

As for Desmond, they stopped using the model they used for his face back in AC Brotherhood, so he should look different. Besides, Desmond's AC1 model wasn't detailed at all. It was hardly animated and very smudgy. His Brotherhood model was the best.

kuled2012
10-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Brotherhood's was the best outfit so far.

eagleforlife1
10-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Brotherhood's was the best outfit so far.

I agree.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Reply to Dewgel

Opinions, but I liked the AC1 model best and thought it was the best, and I believe his face has degraded in every AC game since. Sure, it wasn't that animated, but he was detailed in my opinion.
Back on topic, I don't think that the brotherhood model is detailed enough. It would look out of place. 2010 graphics surrounded by 2012 graphics. I don't think it would look right.

Ielgon
10-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I think they'll redesign (keep it the same but update it a bit). It just wouldn't look right with the current animations for Connor. Connor's flaps seem to move physics based, it would be odd if the brotherhood outfit stuck to his leg completely. It would also be weird if they just gave us brotherhood animations while we use the outfit (99% certain that won't happen). There is a small chance that they will just use the old outfit and tweak it slightly so that it won't clip as much with the new animations (since they used it for testing, but as you said the whole game looked "brotherhood" back then), that would give it sort of an oldschool AC feel which would be ok.

The big question here is whether it's an Ezio "skin" (probably not updated) or a "Connor in Ezio's robes" (probably updated). Personally I'm imagining it as "Connor in Ezio's robes" with cloth physics and updated textures.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I think they'll redesign (keep it the same but update it a bit). It just wouldn't look right with the current animations for Connor. Connor's flaps seem to move physics based, it would be odd if the brotherhood outfit stuck to his leg completely. It would also be weird if they just gave us brotherhood animations while we use the outfit (99% certain that won't happen). There is a small chance that they will just use the old outfit and tweak it slightly so that it won't clip as much with the new animations (since they used it for testing, but as you said the whole game looked "brotherhood" back then), that would give it sort of an oldschool AC feel which would be ok.

The big question here is whether it's an Ezio "skin" (probably not updated) or a "Connor in Ezio's robes" (probably updated). Personally I'm imagining it as "Connor in Ezio's robes" with cloth physics and updated textures.
I hope it isn't Connor in Ezio's robes. That would piss me off. I like Ezio, and his robes, which is why I'd be wearing the outfit, and then they don't let us play as Ezio?.. Grrr. I hope that they put in a Desmond skin so I can run around in the forest and the cities as Desmond.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I think they will add physics too it. Ezios Brotherhood model was the one they used in testing so they probably had an idea early on to include his clothes in the game.

Edit: It isn't an Ezio skin, the Uplay says something along the lines of Ezios Outfit.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 02:36 PM
If you are on uplay, could you check to see what they said for the Altair skins in the previous games? As in if they said outfit or skin.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 02:41 PM
If you are on uplay, could you check to see what they said for the Altair skins in the previous games? As in if they said outfit or skin.

AC2's Uplay was "Altairs Outfit" but that was due to Altair still having Desmonds face so we had Altairs face not Ezios.
AC:B Uplay said "Altair's Robes" Which was actually Altairs face aswell, not Ezio.
AC:R had the skin as "Altairs Robes" which had old Ezio in Altairs outfit
AC:3's Uplay says "Ezio's Outfit" but the description then goes on to say "Play in Ezio's Outfit from AC:Brotherhood", so it won't be Ezio in the outfit but Connor.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks. I am slightly convinced, but still have my doubts.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 03:33 PM
It will be Connor in Ezios robes. It even says it in the Uplay "Play in Ezios outfit", not "Play as Ezio in his Brotherhood outfit"

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm still not entirely sure. If you are playing the other game and you play with altair's outfit, you are playing in altair's outfit, but with his face. I don't think we can be 100 percent sure either way.

Jexx21
10-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Desmond's face in AC3 should be a combination of his faces from each game.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Just my opinion... NO.

Jexx21
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
explain

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Some of the faces didn't look right to me. ACB and ACR looked too distant from AC1 which is the original face and in my opinion looked the best. AC2 changed his face, and so did every game since the first one, and I feel like the first face looked the most realistic. I have never seen anyone who looked like Desmond from the other games, and what I mean by that is that his face seems unbelievable to me.
The AC1 face looks almost exactly like Francisco, but the other faces of Desmond seem fake looking/video gamey. Combining all of those faces seems like a bad idea to me because now you have a combination of unbelievable faces. This of course is my opinion.

Jexx21
10-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Yea, but I don't really feel like Desmond's AC1 face completely fits him.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Explain.

Jexx21
10-13-2012, 04:22 PM
I feel like it doesn't fit his character or his voice.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't get it. It's just a face. It's not really that linked to his personality or his voice. I found some pictures.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8NBzyVNjAdZAAIhHSVUfRWUNLt6Ht6 exomGgUrL2GTDZGfQbsgg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GcH4pitLKVc/T6-WTfdH6AI/AAAAAAAAAvE/3e-dUPdnqqM/s1600/Desmond+e+Randez.jpg

[SPOILER]:

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/2910/desmondfaces.png

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/c/ca/Desmond_face_models_by_Michel_Thibault.png
just some pictures.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 04:31 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GcH4pitLKVc/T6-WTfdH6AI/AAAAAAAAAvE/3e-dUPdnqqM/s1600/Desmond+e+Randez.jpg

Look at Desmonds T shirt, they made a mistake :P

HisSpiritLives
10-13-2012, 04:34 PM
look at desmonds t shirt, they made a mistake :p

lol

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I wonder if Desmond will get a new hoodie or outfit.

Will_Lucky
10-13-2012, 04:54 PM
I wonder if Desmond will get a new hoodie or outfit.

Well judging by the single screenshot of Desmond seen in AC3 he seems to have a grey not white hoodie and has his bag back.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah. Is that a red zipper on the hood?

ApexMandalorian
10-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't get it. It's just a face. It's not really that linked to his personality or his voice. I found some pictures.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8NBzyVNjAdZAAIhHSVUfRWUNLt6Ht6 exomGgUrL2GTDZGfQbsgg

[SPOILER]:

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/2910/desmondfaces.png

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/c/ca/Desmond_face_models_by_Michel_Thibault.png
just some pictures.

Yeah, this was my post from the other thread about Desmond's model change. Clearly shows how the AC2 and ACB faces are changed and degraded versions of the AC1 face, and how the ACR face doesn't look like the AC1 face but like a modified ACB face. Also shows how the AC3 face (what we can see of it) looks a whole lot more like the AC1 face.

Krayus Korianis
10-13-2012, 06:41 PM
I like AC:R Desmond better than AC or AC II/B.

dewgel
10-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't hold out for anything guys, it's just a skin. But seriously, I'm putting my money on it simply being Ezio's character model popped into AC3. Afterall we've seen it in the testing videos.

Krayus Korianis
10-13-2012, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't hold out for anything guys, it's just a skin. But seriously, I'm putting my money on it simply being Ezio's character model popped into AC3. Afterall we've seen it in the testing videos.

It'll just be Connor in Ezio's AC:B outfit. For which I cannot wait.

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
We cannot be sure either way. There is no solid proof for either side... like a picture of Connor in the outfit or Ezio surrounded by the beauty that is AC3.

dewgel
10-13-2012, 07:32 PM
It'll just be Connor in Ezio's AC:B outfit. For which I cannot wait.

Really? You're sure? Or are you just speculating / hoping?

It'd be nice to hope for it but I very much doubt they've wasted their time re-skinning and working out all the clipping issues involved with putting Ezio's bigger Rome outfit on Connor, not to mention with things like dual pistols, removable hidden blades, tomahawk hanging off his belt and a bow and arrow.

It's just something I really don't think they'll have put much effort into. Maybe if it was a proper pre-order outfit, but it's not.. it's a uplay outfit. And Uplay outfit's are always just imported previous game models.

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Well, if you look at the past bits of it, you can assume it will actually be Ezio. Think about it for a moment. In Ac2, you were able to purchase Alta´r's outfit, where you would be using the Alta´r skin in AC2. Then, in Brotherhood and Revelations, you could get Alta´r's Robes, which put Ezio in Alta´r's outfit. Now, we can get Ezio's Outfit, which if going by the pattern, will still be Ezio. Look at this:

AC2 - Alta´r's Outfit - You play in his Skin
ACB - Robes of Alta´r - You play as Ezio in the Robes
ACR - Robes of Alta´r - You play as Ezio in the Robes
AC3 - Ezio's Outfit - Assumable to be the skin from Brotherhood modified to work in the game's new system.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 10:48 PM
The better question would be, will the outfit be the one shown at the E3 cinematic ? (Identical bracers) or the crappy one ?

TheDanteEX
10-13-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm sure it was always Ezio's face. Ezio and Altair just happened to have the same appearance in AC2.

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm sure it was always Ezio's face. Ezio and Altair just happened to have the same appearance in AC2.

Why would Ubisoft specifically write Outfit, then specifically change it to Robes, then decide to go back to Outfit?
I continue with my previous statement about the skins.
And M, I think it will be the sexy one, if it isn't oh well. Both of them are good in my opinion.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 10:59 PM
The description clearly says "Play in Ezios outfit from AC:Brotherhood". It does NOT say "Play AS Ezio in his outfit from AC:Brotherhood"

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 11:04 PM
The description clearly says "Play in Ezios outfit from AC:Brotherhood". It does NOT say "Play AS Ezio in his outfit from AC:Brotherhood"

That isn't exactly a solid counterargument. The whole idea of playing in a different outfit actually has a reason in the Animus. It loads skins from databases and all that. The description is sort of unclear in my opinion. I don't really care either way, but my argument still stands. It makes no sense to switch about the words like they have without a purpose.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM
That isn't exactly a solid counterargument. The whole idea of playing in a different outfit actually has a reason in the Animus. It loads skins from databases and all that. The description is sort of unclear in my opinion. I don't really care either way, but my argument still stands. It makes no sense to switch about the words like they have without a purpose.

Well it also doesn't say skin.

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Neither did any other outfit that was a skin, that is what I called it. What I meant was like in Brotherhood, it was specified.
Let me show you an example:

Alta´r's Robes : Outfits the wearer in Alta´r's Assassin robes.
Desmond: Take on the appearance of Desmond Miles. Uploaded from the Animus Memory Banks, this Desmond skin is purely cosmetic, Animus function will remain unchanged.

I would switch to AC2 real quick, but I am feeling lazy at the moment. While neither goes by OUTFIT, the robes example specifically says that the wearer is put in the robes, while the Desmond Outfit is a skin. Not the best example, I know, but like I said, laziness.

FirestarLuva
10-13-2012, 11:20 PM
It will be Ezio's Brotherhood outfit with Connor's face, not Ezio's. I think we're looking too much into this. It clearly says play IN Ezio's outfit, not play as Ezio. Even if we get Ezio's face it won't be upgraded with AC3 face textures. It would probably be the face with the graphics from ACB or ACR. Like seriously, why would they bother with Ezio's face when they have enough work with Connor?

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 11:29 PM
It will be Ezio's Brotherhood outfit with Connor's face, not Ezio's. I think we're looking too much into this. It clearly says play IN Ezio's outfit, not play as Ezio. Even if we get Ezio's face it won't be upgraded with AC3 face textures. It would probably be the face with the graphics from ACB or ACR. Like seriously, why would they bother with Ezio's face when they have enough work with Connor?

Hey I know you, from the Wiki. You were the one fixing all the Connors with RatonhnhakÚ:ton really fast. Yeah. Anyways, your argument is good, but I figure it isn't so much work to render the face in the game. They are probably fixing the outfit itself anyways, so that it will work with the new animations, so why not. The whole playing IN the outfit doesn't really seem a good argument for me still, though. Its unclear really. Mine still stands, with the whole purpose for switching the names.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 11:40 PM
If they didnt update the model for the new moves there would be a HELL of a lot of clipping.

FirestarLuva
10-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Hey I know you, from the Wiki. You were the one fixing all the Connors with RatonhnhakÚ:ton really fast. Yeah. Anyways, your argument is good, but I figure it isn't so much work to render the face in the game. They are probably fixing the outfit itself anyways, so that it will work with the new animations, so why not. The whole playing IN the outfit doesn't really seem a good argument for me still, though. Its unclear really. Mine still stands, with the whole purpose for switching the names.

About the Wiki, if you think I'm doing it for the badges, then you're wrong. With AC3 coming out in a few weeks, the people on the Wiki are gonna need as much help as they can get, so it wouldn't hurt to help a little. As for Ezio's robes, they will probably fix the clothing physics and how it would look on Connor since it's been noted he'll have a bigger, bulkier shape than Ezio or Altair. That would be interesting to see, not Ezio's face all over again, I mean, we have three games with Ezio. It's time for a new protagonist and from what I've seen, Ubisoft have put much more effort on Connor, I think they mentioned developing his character for about a year. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Ezio, but he can't stay the best character forever, Ubi are trying so hard to deliver emotion to AC3's story and the new protagonist and I think we should respect that. If your main reason wasn't wanting an Ezio face in AC3 so you can play as him again, then sorry for bothering to type this.

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 12:12 AM
About the Wiki, if you think I'm doing it for the badges, then you're wrong. With AC3 coming out in a few weeks, the people on the Wiki are gonna need as much help as they can get, so it wouldn't hurt to help a little. As for Ezio's robes, they will probably fix the clothing physics and how it would look on Connor since it's been noted he'll have a bigger, bulkier shape than Ezio or Altair. That would be interesting to see, not Ezio's face all over again, I mean, we have three games with Ezio. It's time for a new protagonist and from what I've seen, Ubisoft have put much more effort on Connor, I think they mentioned developing his character for about a year. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Ezio, but he can't stay the best character forever, Ubi are trying so hard to deliver emotion to AC3's story and the new protagonist and I think we should respect that. If your main reason wasn't wanting an Ezio face in AC3 so you can play as him again, then sorry for bothering to type this.

Don't worry mate, its perfectly fine, we at the wiki take what we can get. I didn't think you were badge-hunting, I didn't even really care about it honestly. As for the whole outfit thing, I don't really care so much either way, I just thought it was possible they might be putting Ezio's brotherhood face rendered for AC3. No worries.

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2012, 12:24 AM
If they didnt update the model for the new moves there would be a HELL of a lot of clipping.

They updated Alta´r's Robes in AC:R with the new graphics engine. They'll do the same with Ezio's AC:B robes. However it will be Connor's face and body. Honestly, the people arguing (hoping) it'll be Ezio's face are just lunatics.

JCearlyyears
10-14-2012, 01:51 AM
<---- Lunatic.

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 01:54 AM
<---- Lunatic.
You`re not alone..

Lunatics for llife

JCearlyyears
10-14-2012, 02:03 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111201034316/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/6c/Ezio-plainrobes-brotherhood.png/405px-Ezio-plainrobes-brotherhood.png

+

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/7/73/AC3_SC_SP_20_Frontier_Predator.jpg

=

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtoGh2JNgpHCc1TPUiw56ujjtTcZvbH JD-ir89yZqyk8EDyR-3

Jexx21
10-14-2012, 02:32 AM
hey guys, we'll be able to play as brotherhood ezio without armor!!!!!1!111

BlankDistortion
10-14-2012, 04:03 AM
hey guys, we'll be able to play as brotherhood ezio without armor!!!!!1!111

Sh.

pacmanate
10-14-2012, 11:56 AM
OO just wanna tell you guys, play AC:B and look at the robe that goes across ezios left leg, it always twitches when walking.

JCearlyyears
10-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Okay, new question, how the hell do I put it on?!!!!

im3jia
10-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Is there an outfits menu?

JCearlyyears
10-30-2012, 08:05 PM
If there is, I can't find it.

im3jia
10-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Hopefully someone will help you out. I'm getting mine later today, so by tomorrow, you should have an answer. You're just going to have to wait a little longer now :/

Schnitzl2012
10-30-2012, 11:06 PM
You can't wear the outfits until you start playing as connor and actually become an assassin

Mr_Shade
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
This thread s starting to have spoilers in again - so i'm moving to hints and tips forum!

Nightmare8767
10-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Good then... Once you have control over Connor as an Assassin, you can access your Homestead's home secret chamber, where you get your Assassin Robes. There will be all outfits you get (NOTE: That Dyed robes must be equipped at shops).