PDA

View Full Version : DLCs available

starstriker91
10-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Hey guys...I wanna clarify regarding DLCs. I'm staying at Asia region so pretty sure there's no special edition for us. So i wanna ask does the DLC that's available on the Freedom Edition and other editions as well be able for download if i don't get them?? If no, say I'm able to get the Freedom Edition but it will be region locked right? Also is the DLCs for AC3 region locked??

starstriker91
10-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Opps sry I did not know I post this as a Thread...Sry :(

vidaett
10-13-2012, 08:13 AM
yes bonus missions will come as dlc after a few months, they always do

Scystab
10-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Well I ordered the Signature Edition from Revelations, which was a American only special. I'm from a small country in Europe so I ordered it via Gamestop's website (since we don't have any real gaming shops), they shipped it here and my activation codes worked fine regarding the game content, despite not being in the "distributing area". I was not however able to acces the Embers video and the soundtrack, which was promissed to be included - i guess the region locked held on that code. I tried contacting support, but didn't get much help. Frankly, i didn't even bother with it much, because all that was important for me was the game content. The shipping cost itself was almost more then the actual game, so you can imagine my frustration, when Ubi relesed ALL of the special game content i got in the Signature edition as DLC, less then half a year later for 10 €. If i had knew that, tjat would have saved my about 40€...

So I hope my experiance will help you, good luck

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Hey guys...I wanna clarify regarding DLCs. I'm staying at Asia region so pretty sure there's no special edition for us. So i wanna ask does the DLC that's available on the Freedom Edition and other editions as well be able for download if i don't get them?? If no, say I'm able to get the Freedom Edition but it will be region locked right? Also is the DLCs for AC3 region locked??

DLCs are region locked yes, but a way to get around that is to make a UK PSN account and use the download code on your new UK PSN account. Once you download it on that account I think you can use it on your normal one :)

starstriker91
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
DLCs are region locked yes, but a way to get around that is to make a UK PSN account and use the download code on your new UK PSN account. Once you download it on that account I think you can use it on your normal one :)

Does that mean I can purchase the DLC using the UK PSN account and play the game n use the DLC downloaded on my asia PSN account?

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Does that mean I can purchase the DLC using the UK PSN account and play the game n use the DLC downloaded on my asia PSN account?

Yup I think so! You can definitely play the game on either account because the game is region free, however I am not 100% sure if you download the UK DLC on the UK PSN that it will work on your Asia one. It should but I am not 100% sure

Ielgon
10-13-2012, 01:52 PM
DLC is region locked, your copy of the game has to be from the same region as the DLC. So if you've got a UK copy you need to buy and download the DLC from the UK PSN store. I think you also need to be logged into an account from the same region you bought the DLC with to play it (I downloaded DLC through the account of a friend of mine from the same region as me, and it worked with my copy of the game on my own account). So I don't think you can buy UK DLC and then log into your asian account and play the game with DLC (the copy of the game will work I think, just not the DLC), but you can buy the DLC on the UK PSN store and then play it with your game while logged into that (or any other UK) account. I think full games work differently in that they're just tied to the console (bought games from the US store and they worked on my EU account), don't think it's that way with DLC.

Hope that's clear enough for you!

starstriker91
10-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Yup I think so! You can definitely play the game on either account because the game is region free, however I am not 100% sure if you download the UK DLC on the UK PSN that it will work on your Asia one. It should but I am not 100% sure

I wanna know is the DLCs from Freedom Edition available for download if we did not get that specific edition of the game??

starstriker91
10-13-2012, 02:39 PM
DLC is region locked, your copy of the game has to be from the same region as the DLC. So if you've got a UK copy you need to buy and download the DLC from the UK PSN store. I think you also need to be logged into an account from the same region you bought the DLC with to play it (I downloaded DLC through the account of a friend of mine from the same region as me, and it worked with my copy of the game on my own account). So I don't think you can buy UK DLC and then log into your asian account and play the game with DLC (the copy of the game will work I think, just not the DLC), but you can buy the DLC on the UK PSN store and then play it with your game while logged into that (or any other UK) account. I think full games work differently in that they're just tied to the console (bought games from the US store and they worked on my EU account), don't think it's that way with DLC.

Hope that's clear enough for you!

Yes it clear my doubt .Thank you! :)

Met4lM4ster
10-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Are the DLCs for the Xbox version also region locked? So if have a NA console but order the Freedom Edition, will I not be able to download the DLC?

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Are the DLCs for the Xbox version also region locked? So if have a NA console but order the Freedom Edition, will I not be able to download the DLC?

True! Also I thought 360 games were region locked as well..

Ielgon
10-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Nearly all consoles are region locked, in fact I think only some of the Nintendo handhelds weren't.

Black_Widow9
10-13-2012, 10:29 PM
yes bonus missions will come as dlc after a few months, they always do

This is not necessarily true. Sometimes they remain exclusive.

Locopells
10-13-2012, 10:36 PM
In relation to AC, that’s only applied to those like the Copernicus Conspiracy, and the Benedict Arnold missions that say beforehand 'Exclusive to PS3'.