PDA

View Full Version : Will ubisoft show the real history of George Washington? and his spy ring (spoliers)

IrishMason33
10-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Most people in American as George Washington as a terrific general never lies and was a honest man.(He is still An American hero) Which are by far are false. George was in fact a mediocre general who lost a lot battles during the revolution and only really won important ones because of British generals being over confident. He also didn't use military tactics but farmer tactics like during the battle of Princeton when he couldn't move his army because of mud but used his farmer tactics by know that there there was storm coming and the mud would be hard which he predict.... But he was also a spy master in espionage which really won the war and that battle by know from his spy ring how to defeat his enemy. Do you think they are going to use the folklore Washington or the Real one that we know....

OK now to the question do you think ubisoft might use George Washington spy ring as a big plot point for Connor who would help Washington by spying and getting battle plans so Washington would know the enemy layouts and positions before battle. I would love to see this in the game how about you?

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 01:04 AM
They may do a it of both, you must understand that they did have at least one historian on sight at all times, so they won't be getting major issues wrong. Ubisoft might want to make Washington look like a worthy ally though, so he won't be so bad in theory, more like a half and half. I like the idea of getting battle plans to help him, but only if it is in a way that is used for Connor getting to certain targets, or something like that. Otherwise Connor would be a continental, which is what we want to avoid.

Hagis21
10-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I don't speak ******* sorry.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't speak ******* sorry.
Aaaaaaaaaaand here it is..

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaand here it is..

Am I missing something...?

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Am I missing something...?
Yeah.. People raging at each other for no reason.. That post was the start of it..

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Yeah.. People raging at each other for no reason.. That post was the start of it..

Oh god, I hope not. I saw the arguing in the Weapons Trailer thread, and a bunch before that. I don't need to see that insanity. Oh by the way, what do you think about the OP's idea? I don't see your actual opinion all that much, no offense intended.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Oh god, I hope not. I saw the arguing in the Weapons Trailer thread, and a bunch before that. I don't need to see that insanity. Oh by the way, what do you think about the OP's idea? I don't see your actual opinion all that much, no offense intended.
No offense taken xD Why did you think i`d be offended ? :P

Anyways, I have read the American view of Washington AND the neutral view. In the American View, Washington is a God. A genius, an Unrivaled saint and upholder of Justice and Liberty. Now I do not necessarily argue with these points, BUT...The OP has a point. Washington was an Average general and a normal person in regards to Morals..

By no means do I deny Washington`s great contribution to America as a nation, but he was a Hero to THEM and he had flaws, I do not want to read a tale of a flaw less Hero, which is not true, I want to see it how it happened and we most likely will

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 01:45 AM
No offense taken xD Why did you think i`d be offended ? :P

Anyways, I have read the American view of Washington AND the neutral view. In the American View, Washington is a God. A genius, an Unrivaled saint and upholder of Justice and Liberty. Now I do not necessarily argue with these points, BUT...The OP has a point. Washington was an Average general and a normal person in regards to Morals..

By no means do I deny Washington`s great contribution to America as a nation, but he was a Hero to THEM and he had flaws, I do not want to read a tale of a flaw less Hero, which is not true, I want to see it how it happened and we most likely will

I just wasn't sure, haven't really had any experience with you yet :P
I really do hope they show his flaws, and I sort of like the idea of recon, maybe just for your own benefit. I really loved some of AC1's investigations, so it would be nice to do something like that to know what you will actually be doing when you go and try for a target during a battle or something.

BBALive
10-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Washington should be portrayed realistically. He shouldn't be some unrivaled God of the battlefield that was always 100 steps ahead of his enemies and could win a battle against a British army with just 10 farmers due to his tactical brilliance. Obvious exaggerations aside, my original point still stands.

I hope they tie the spy ring into the game somehow.

BlankDistortion
10-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Washington should be portrayed for what he really is, in a general standpoint. He should be a major seeming leader, and a good man to rally up the soldiers, so more or less the American view of him. He should also be portrayed as he is from the other POV, a pretty inexperienced and lucky guy with basic tactics and such. I think it should be a half and half, because it brings in a lot of good possibilities.

GreatBeyonder
10-13-2012, 05:17 AM
George Washington invented America!

No, seriously, GW was an admirable fellow in many ways, but he was never a very good general. Popular with his men, but not very good at actually winning battles like, say, Benedict Arnold or Charles Lee. He was a much better politician, and I mean that with great respect. He knew how to get people to fight and he knew how convince them not to.

xXRyzonXx
10-13-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that they will bring out some sides of Washington that we don't see often.