PDA

View Full Version : Got my hands on AC3 [First Impressions]

Pages : [1] 2

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:11 PM
As the title says it. The reason i got it this early is that i work for a magazine, so we are supposed to make progress into the game so we can have something to review on at the day of the official release of the game and the magazine. Although, i am not allowed to give any crucial information about the story, or the elements of it (achievements, specific side missions). I am not allowed to post any videos, even screenshots (pretty much this comes from a higher ground). The disk was delivered without the usual casing (if you are curious), it came wrapped in common paper for disk packaging. We received the game almost a week earlier than it was scheduled, it is a surprise since big titles like this one are even delayed.

The copy is PS3's (One disk). I can give you my personal opinion about the gameplay itself. First off, the game's main menu didn't included any Multiplayer, the disk it self seem to not contain Multiplayer at all (so i guess ubi still didn't gave access to it), because we are supposed to review that as well, but it is not a big deal since the game is focused on the Singleplayer.

Graphics- My first impression about this was the frame rate. The game's frames per second are as smooth as hell, considering the high amount of render going on in the forest.

Sound- I've noticed that there are few sound glitches during combat, but overall the effects and the soundtrack give a heartbeat to the atmosphere, it feels like the soundtrack follows the action you do in a specific way.

The gameplay:
Combat- The combat is as hard as all of the previous title's combats combined in one. Believe me those guys will give you pretty hard time.
Atmosphere- The game feels really alive, the developers seem to think of anything about the frontier. The wilderness include some MASSIVE variety of life forms, this is where i want to mention the bears- those creatures are the most annoying thing in the game, hard as hell in hand to hand confrontation.
In-mission variety- (As i said i am not allowed to spoil any elements that are included in the missions' structure, but i wanted to give an example of the differ between this game and the previous) The optional objectives are really hard to be achieved, but they give really nice idea about how we can perform the mission in the most original way (in other way they are tied with each other to give you a hint for a smooth approach), the example itself:

An optional objectives included in one of the side missions- 1) Do not touch the ground for XX time 2) Use the anger of a wild animal to create a distraction 3) Do not be detected
The mission is about stealing (if you choose the optional way, of course) an item from a redcoat caravan. So the situation you can create using the optional way of completing it:
You tail the caravan (witch contains the item) by freerunning through the trees, when they reach the final destination you are supposed to shoot with the bow a wild mammal from a tree- bear or elk nearby so you can provoke it to charge towards the patrol guarding the caravan (by letting it thinking they created the shot) and create a distraction for you to come down the tree stealthly and steal the caravan content from the distracted group. The content itself includes spoiler so i will leave this to you when you play the game.

If you have any questions about the game, ask. But be careful what you are asking, i don't want you to trap we with some question that will compromise the game's story secrecy. :D

lonewarrior30
10-12-2012, 05:17 PM
can you show us the back cover? :P

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Can the horses GALLOP?

Kwak-Drwdo
I do not own any camera, and my phone is nokia 1100. I see your point the cover,but obviously, has the usual game case's picture.

xXRyzonXx
I'm not sure i believe you... Unless you can prove it somehow.

JordanPollard
10-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Can you dye clothes ?

freddie_1897
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
could you give us a rough review score?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:24 PM
You can't gallop/run into a city with the horse. Stealing a horse in a city will also add you notoriety.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
The game itself delivers much more freedom in the movement. For example in the combat- if you fight those big scotish guys and they decide to do special attack, and you decide to dodge it by commanding Connor to do so, he will roll in the moment, compared to Ezio- where if you pressed dodge he leans in steady position and waits for an attack to dodge by himself (when this feels automated in terms of player's intention).

Layytez
10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Ah so that's what the roll was. I thought it was part of the actual combo.

xXRyzonXx
10-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Could you please prove that you have the game?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:31 PM
It has kill animation with the tomahawk where he rolls, but there is an actual dodge with the same animation of rolling.

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 05:35 PM
You can't gallop/run into a city with the horse. Stealing a horse in a city will also add you notoriety.

No I was referring to the horses' speed. Can they Gallop(run fast) or can they only trot(like in ACB)?

Slayer_WTF
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
You can crouch when and where you want?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Could you please prove that you have the game?

I will see this with the colleagues (the disk is at the office for security terms), but it will be strange to come tomorrow at work and say to the guys hey can someone of you borrow me a camera so i can take a picture, because few guys in ubi's forum ask me to do so, the other reason is that i afraid about sanctions if they find out that i even put non-spoiling information about the game (even that i said that some of the information wasn't strictly restricted).

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:40 PM
And no you cant crouch. Only in specified for this action zones.

Slayer_WTF
10-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Thanks. Another question: how it works the customization of clothing?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Just to be more specific about the crouching- If you are in a big cereal field and you toggle the key for Fast Walk you will actually crouch, when you are in a city full of people who are watching you the Fast Walk command is just a Fast Walk

About the customization- nothing is available to be changed, but there is an option to do so. I guess it is tied in some way with the ubi's servers, the game crashes every time we try to do any change to the outfit.

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 05:46 PM
So,is there random encounters?Bluecoats ambushing redcoats,random line battles?

JordanPollard
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Can you dye cloths sorry to ask again

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM

Please answer my horse question. I'm getting desperate.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Well you encounter random events like that. But you clear those events by clearing the zones by **spoilers** i wont give this one up (Something like the borgia towers influence)

Kestrel_OvO
10-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Does Connor die?? /troll

Fo' real, how's the free-running compared to previous games?

Slayer_WTF
10-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Well you encounter random events like that.

Really? Something like battle? Oh, nice!

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Please answer my horse question. I'm getting desperate.

Depends on the weather. If it is snowy, no. But otherwise you can, but if you bash the button to early in matter of a distance from an obsticle you will fall with the horse.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Does Connor die?? /troll

Fo' real, how's the free-running compared to previous games?

It feels like you have the control, unlike the previous games. So you can run and climb with no sprint included. But jumping is manual. The sprint may feel confusing at first since Connor runs like monkey and he leans in a way that confuses you what direction you are running towards.

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Well you encounter random events like that. But you clear those events by clearing the zones by **spoilers** i wont give this one up (Something like the borgia towers influence)

Thanks!Also,about the hood,can you take it off anywhere?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Can you dye cloths sorry to ask again

As i said, the game crashes every time we try to make an attempt. It seems ubi has not done yet with those, either this or it is related on some system similar to the Global Economy system in ACB.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks!Also,about the hood,can you take it off anywhere?
Only in the Homestead and some mission moments.

JordanPollard
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Can cougars climb trees ?

rafik376
10-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Are there any secret locations in the game similar to the assassins tombs in previous games ?

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh,what about the animal encounters?I heard you will in enter in a quick time event every time you confront them in close combat.Is that true?

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 06:06 PM
How awesome is the game so far :P

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:06 PM
It is true but only if you wish to do so (aim at them). You can choose not to by climbing a tree if you provoked them by shooting them or if you shorten the distance (bears) they warned you.
The cougars are one of the most annoying, if you enter a zone with the priority of cougars>rabbits, you will encounter a lot of random attacks from trees on Connor's back. You can avoid this in interesting way but **spoiler**.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Well the game can surely be game of the year. It is really intense and realistic, they included the slightest details. It feels like you play AC in a Skyrim world.

FirestarLuva
10-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Well the game can surely be game of the year. It is really intense and realistic, they included the slightest details. It feels like you play AC in a Skyrim world.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much would you rate it? :P

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 06:10 PM
It is true but only if you wish to do so (aim at them).

Nice.

CreamyBumCheeks
10-12-2012, 06:12 PM
What does Connor smell like?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:12 PM
On a scale from 1 to 10, how much would you rate it? :P
9. It would be 10, but the cities are not that big.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:13 PM
What does Connor smell like?
Indian.

rafik376
10-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Please answer my question , I wanted to know this for a long time . If the answer includes any spoiler, please tell me so and disregard it . Thank you for all the info :)

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 06:14 PM

Wha?? Really? They've been repeatedly described as 'huge'

freddie_1897
10-12-2012, 06:14 PM
thats funny, i thought they were 80% the size of rome, the biggest map so far? (aside from the frontier)

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Wha?? Really? They've been repeatedly described as 'huge'
The frontier is massive, the cities not.

FirestarLuva
10-12-2012, 06:15 PM

Really? Are you sure you saw the whole map of the cities, went to all the view points? They could've cut out parts of the map like they did with the customization crash you mentioned earlier.

im3jia
10-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Is New York and Boston the only cities?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:17 PM
thats funny, i thought they were 80% the size of rome, the biggest map so far? (aside from the frontier)
The frontier is 4-5x the rome's outskirts, the rome's actual city give the 2/3 the size for the cities each.

DavidPage
How far in the game are you?

ACfan443
I feel for this guy, he's getting bombarded with questions left and right, must be hard to keep up.

freddie_1897
i'd just like to thank you for your patience in answering these questions because you are getting a lot of them.

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah me too.Thanks for your patience.;)

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Really? Are you sure you saw the whole map of the cities, went to all the view points? They could've cut out parts of the map like they did with the customization crash you mentioned earlier.

Well at some point there was a desynch line (not one but 3 or 4, not sure) in Boston but there were still detailed buildings beyond that point, and the revealed city's map was kind of unfinished.
New york is hard to compare by just map, because the scaling of the map is different when put next to Boston for example. And new york itself is like crash site (most of it).

freddie_1897
10-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Well at some point there was a desynch line (not one but 3 or 4, not sure) in Boston but there were still detailed building beyond that point, and the revealed city's map was kind of unfinished.
well i doubt they'd just leave the final game like that. i was worried for a second

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Just an official reminder...

Those reviewers with access to the game code - are under a Non Disclosure Agreement..

This is not to stop them from talking -its to help prevent spoilers etc and story details..

Some of the posts in here are VERY close to breaching that NDA..

I suggest the person posting them, stops.

Sorry to spoil the fun for some of you guys.

Locopells
10-12-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_5TsUSXICw&feature=plcp

:-)

I thought I saw the B-Tower icon on the HUD, during IGN's last video...

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Well at some point there was a desynch line (not one but 3 or 4, not sure) in Boston but there were still detailed buildings beyond that point, and the revealed city's map was kind of unfinished.
New york is hard to compare by just map, because the scaling of the map is different when put next to Boston for example. And new york itself is like crash site (most of it).

So hopefully the released build doesn't have desync lines in boston, that would suck

DavidPage
10-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Can you give us anything (really anything that you can - graphics, gameplay anything) about the Desmond part?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I thought I saw the B-Tower icon on the HUD, during IGN's last video...

So i guess you figure it that out :D.
We were strictly instructed not to give out even Desmond's haircut.
As it goes for the rest of the game you heard the forum manager.

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Can you give us anything (really anything that you can - graphics, gameplay anything) about the Desmond part?

Please don't ask this, he's already been warned and I don't want this thread to close.

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Are you trying to breach this guys contract or just stupid :|

DavidPage
10-12-2012, 06:29 PM
DESMOND HAS A DIFFERENT HAIRCUT???? AWESOME!!! :p

Slayer_WTF
10-12-2012, 06:29 PM
What do you think of the stealth? Better than previous game?

Locopells
10-12-2012, 06:30 PM
No harm in asking - if the guy's smart, he's not gonna answer. As indeed he didn't.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Well now they can look up. If you know what i mean. But seriously the game has like 2 weeks, be patient :).

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Please don't ask this, he's already been warned and I don't want this thread to close.
Tbh its getting VERY close to being deleted...

I'm asking nicely that the OP bows out of the thread due to potential breaches of his NDA - which I am assuming he signed.

JordanPollard
10-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Is there a place were you can by weapons are upgrade them ?

SteelCity999
10-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Have you played all of the other AC titles?

And...

How does AC3 compare to the others? Does it live up to Ubi's promises? ...so far

rafik376
I'm sorry if my question breached the forum's rules and could have lead to any spoilers. Thank you for all the info. Are you done with the game though ?

DavidPage

Are you trying to breach this guys contract or just stupid :|

Guys I wrote that before Shade posted and also if you pay attention to my post I said anything, meaning that he posts anything that doesn't really breach his contract but is something we don't know.... Sorry anyways if I sounded pushy and selfish...

DoNNiEDaRkO50
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Please guys don't ask questions that could lead to a possible spoilers .
My question is simple,, are the graphics better than we saw in the trailer ,, I mean most of the trailers had bad textures due to the pre-alpha version so does the textures look good now ? and the graphics does it feel next-gen like they said ? thank you.

FirestarLuva
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Thanks. I remember having those in AC1. I guess same goes for AC3. You'll have to progress through the story to unlock them. Also lead designer Steve Masters said that the world will be fully explorable from Sequence 6, so it depends how far you are in the game. Have you played some of the main story? I'm not asking you to spoil anything, just how do you like it so far? :3

DavidPage
10-12-2012, 06:34 PM
What does tbh mean?

White24Room
10-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Can you climb at the top of trees ?

Is this the best AC in your opinion ?

there76
10-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Is there background music in the frontier and cities? Also, how is the music in general and the voice work?

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
What does tbh mean?

To be honest.

Locopells
10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
If the OP bows out, doesn't that kinda defeat the point of this thread?

Loath as I am to suggest this, if they mods wanna stop this, they might as well lock it.

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 06:38 PM
NDA is bad.Its just a way they can prevent people from knowing the truth about the product,and then,canceling the preorder...But oh well,this thread is done anyway.Thanks for your effort OP,you have done a great service for this community!;)

SteelCity999
10-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Loath as I am to suggest this, if they mods wanna stop this, they might as well lock it.

Very true.......

JordanPollard
10-12-2012, 06:39 PM
How are the loading times and when it rains does his clothes stay wet for a long time ?

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Tbh its getting VERY close to being deleted...

I'm asking nicely that the OP bows out of the thread due to potential breaches of his NDA - which I am assuming he signed.

Ah just let it be, it's his problem not yours :D

Edit: Looks like he is gone.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:41 PM
The graphics are incredibly realistic. The trailers don't show the actual graphics. He does not stay wet for a long time (at least when swimming), about raining if he did stayed wet none of us noticed. Connor bleeds from the body part he has been slashed, slammed. We didn't even noticed the loading time from excitement :D

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 06:43 PM
The graphics are incredibly realistic. The trailers don't show the actual graphics. He does not stay wet for a long time (at least when swimming), about raining if he did stayed wet none of us noticed. Connor bleeds from the body part he has been slashed, slammed.

Woah,that's awesome.

Layytez
Explain the running controls and where you have to manually jump.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
The graphics are incredibly realistic. The trailers don't show the actual graphics. He does not stay wet for a long time (at least when swimming), about raining if he did stayed wet none of us noticed. Connor bleeds from the body part he has been slashed, slammed.

Thank you ! That's all I want to know for now.

DavidPage
10-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Generally give us the controls if you can

White24Room
Can you climb at the top of trees ?

DavidPage
And is it Eagle Vision or Sense? (also if you're allowed)

JordanPollard
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Can you upgrade weapons ?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Well, i shared a bit about this in my previous posts, please don't make me get banned :D
About the upgrades i can't spoil you either i would of, but the forum manager warned me.

White24Room
10-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Please answer my question xD

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Please, no ask no more:D A lot of strange people with high ranks visit my forum's profile like investigating something, like im murder of some kind :D

DavidPage
Don't want you to get banned, after all you're the first one to have the game, you're our source of info... Answer only things you are allowed or at least nano minor details...

White24Room
It's just a gameplay question :(

Mr_Shade

Loath as I am to suggest this, if they mods wanna stop this, they might as well lock it.some of the info is very general, so is useful to know..
However - reviewers are under NDA so really should refrain from entering into discussions about the game, especially on public forums due to potential breaches of that legal document.

many of these questions, if answered, would be breaches...

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
You know, OP ? These guys would blow off at any slight spoiler "I don't want to see anything" "Is the trailer spoilery ?"
But then, you came, and I just saw "GIMME MORE" GIMME MORE" xD

DavidPage
10-12-2012, 06:51 PM
^this^

Locopells
Please, no ask no morehttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png A lot of strange people with high ranks visit my forum's profile like investigating something, like im murder of some kind http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Run, man, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

pacmanate
Would you be able to tell us about the controls, which button does what.

xXRyzonXx
Is Connor secretly David Bowie?

there76
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Is Connor secretly David Bowie?

Yes.

Sgt_Alistair
Well.Lets stop with these questions then.And OP,I suggest you edit the first post to let new people know such questions can't be answered here.

DavidPage
I personally watch all the official videos and pics, maybe a couple of leaked or unreleased but strictly no major story spoilers...

DoNNiEDaRkO50
10-12-2012, 06:54 PM
You know, OP ? These guys would blow off at any slight spoiler "I don't want to see anything" "Is the trailer spoilery ?"
But then, you came, and I just saw "GIMME MORE" GIMME MORE" xD

Dude I was exploring the forums and this thread wasn't even there ,,then I went to eat and when I returned I found this thread at page 6 I was like ''WTF''

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Dude I was exploring the forums and this thread wasn't even there ,,then I went to eat and when I returned I found this thread at page 6 I was like ''WTF''
Exactly my point:p

This thread caught people off guard and there hunger for info got the better of them xD

SteelCity999
10-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Please, no ask no more:D A lot of strange people with high ranks visit my forum's profile like investigating something, like im murder of some kind :D

I would make like Connor and head for the tree tops....assuming you can get that high. :eek:

Plus, only you can get yourself banned.....

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 07:04 PM
I can tell you how the game ends- With credits.

there76
10-12-2012, 07:14 PM

If there background music? In the demos there wasn't any.

lonewarrior30
10-12-2012, 07:16 PM
i can tell you how the game ends- with credits.

omg spoilers

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Nah, they just brought Lorne to do Invisible Music..

There is actually no music..

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 07:21 PM
In regard to our questions, can you detail what we are and aren't allowed to ask? It would help both you and us if we knew our boundaries :)

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 07:25 PM

So you are saying...REAL PEOPLE MADE IT?????

Kwak-Drwdo
10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
In regard to our questions, can you detail what we are and aren't allowed to ask? It would help both you and us if we knew our boundaries :)
Well the FM seemed to feel discomfort even of the questions i'm not strictly restricted to answer.

FourDea123
10-12-2012, 07:31 PM
hey if you cant answer it doesn't matter, but i would realy like to know if we can unequip the sword? as i know i wont be using it and dont want it on Connors body if you cant thanks anyway

playassassins1
10-12-2012, 07:31 PM

There is most likely. It's not like they hired Lorne Balfe for nothing.....

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Does OP want to send me his review copy please

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Does OP want to send me his review copy please
I`m sure that does not breach contract DA, right ?

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I`m sure that does not breach contract DA, right ?

I don't think so, I just don't think they can sell it. So getting it for free is okay :D

bluetoes1
10-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Are you sure you have explored and completed every view point in Boston and New York? Ubisoft have constantly said that Boston and New York are about 80% the size of Rome in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which is roughly the size of Venice, maybe even bigger. So are you ENTIRELY sure you explored EVERY part of both cities? Are you past sequence 6? (Since that's when Ubisoft says most of the game opens up for you).

I remember hearing something about mist in the cities? Are you sure there wasn't mist at the time you realised it wasn't that big? When you reached those desyncronization barriers, were you at an early stage in the game, a late stage, after the actual game ends? This would be really helpful to know because judging from your opinion on the cities it would seem they come out as disappointing. I don't see why Ubisoft would lie about the 80% of Rome size for New York / Boston, it would make no sense - So they literally HAVE to be that size. I'll ask you once again, please: Are you 100% positive that you've opened up all of Boston / New York as much as physically possible?

LoyalACFan
10-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Are you sure you have explored and completed every view point in Boston and New York? Ubisoft have constantly said that Boston and New York are about 80% the size of Rome in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which is roughly the size of Venice, maybe even bigger. So are you ENTIRELY sure you explored EVERY part of both cities? Are you past sequence 6? (Since that's when Ubisoft says most of the game opens up for you).

He said there are big desynchronization walls in Boston, so I'm assuming he hasn't gotten full access to the city yet.

EscoBlades
10-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Aren't you under embargo?

Locopells
10-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Officially he probably is, yeah. Unofficially, with an account created for the purpose, probably using something to hide his IP...

Sabastian_AC
10-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Can you confirm that the oceans are free-roamable? Or is sailing only accessed through instanced missions?

tre289
10-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Can you confirm that the oceans are free-roamable? Or is sailing only accessed through instanced missions?

This is really the only thing I would love a 100% confirmed answer to.

I know devs have said it will be free roam-able, but any answer that others are taking as confirmation seem dodgy to me. People have said that Dev's have said you can just walk onto your boat and off you go, but I have never actually seen this being said anywhere.

Any answer Devs have said about it, like I said, just seems a bit dodgy. I've wanted to know if Naval stuff and sailing is just a series of side missions and a few main missions, but Once you are done with lets say.. the 15 missions that the boat plays a part in, that's that. Done.

Last time I asked this people alraedy told me it was 100% confirmed, but I have literally not seen any of this actually being confirmed directly :P

BBALive
10-12-2012, 10:46 PM
This is really the only thing I would love a 100% confirmed answer to.

I know devs have said it will be free roam-able, but any answer that others are taking as confirmation seem dodgy to me. People have said that Dev's have said you can just walk onto your boat and off you go, but I have never actually seen this being said anywhere.

Any answer Devs have said about it, like I said, just seems a bit dodgy. I've wanted to know if Naval stuff and sailing is just a series of side missions and a few main missions, but Once you are done with lets say.. the 15 missions that the boat plays a part in, that's that. Done.

Last time I asked this people alraedy told me it was 100% confirmed, but I have literally not seen any of this actually being confirmed directly :P

The confusion actually comes from conflicting statements from the devs.

In one interview with Alex Hutchinson it seems like he implied that the seas were fully explorable, but in another interview with Steve Masters, he said that you'd only be able to go out to sea when doing missions. I doubt we'll get any confirmation until the game actually releases.

tre289
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM

In one interview with Alex Hutchinson it seems like he implied that the seas were fully explorable, but in another interview with Steve Masters, he said that you'd only be able to go out to sea when doing missions. I doubt we'll get any confirmation until the game actually releases.

I appreciate your fast reply very much :P

This is pretty much the only thing I am caring about knowing information wise about ACIII, and pretty much the only thing I'll feel I'll have a problem with if it isn't done right xP

Iamsosobad
10-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Kinda nice to hear the combat is significantly harder this time, these games were starting to feel a bit too easy.

Sabastian_AC
10-12-2012, 11:02 PM

Exactly. The only answer that I've gotten on these boards is "yes, it was confirmed at E3," to which I would reply, yes, but Steve Masters seemed to walk back those statements at later showings of the game. When asked about free-roam, his typical answer was something like "We have a couple missions that are part of the main story and then several hours of side content that you can engage in whenever you want." That doesn't really answer the question.

sadisticfly
10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Just a simple question, how are Connor gameplay mechanics for the bow, is it auto aim, or lock on target like red dead redemption

AnthonyA85
10-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Just a simple question, how are Connor gameplay mechanics for the bow, is it auto aim, or lock on target like red dead redemption

I can answer this.

As we saw in the Eurogamer demos that were playable for anyone attending (there are vids on youtube), the bow's aiming system is half auto-aim and half free-aim. It auto locks onto a target, BUT you have the ability to target ANY PART of your target's body.

So for instance, you could shoot a guy in the leg and it won 't kill him, you could shoot him in the arm and it won't kill him, chest or head shots are of course fatal.

MetalCreed
10-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Is it GotY or not?

Also do you feel the game answers a lot of questions, and how well does Connor compare to Ezio or Altair?

xXRyzonXx
10-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Is it GotY or not?

He already answered this.

MRsmith1994
10-12-2012, 11:45 PM
can you confirm if we can play as the mole or the scout in wolfpack mode ?

xXRyzonXx
10-12-2012, 11:46 PM
can you confirm if we can play as the mole or the scout in wolfpack mode ?

He doesn't have access to multiplayer.

MRsmith1994
10-12-2012, 11:49 PM
o ok was hoping if anyone could answer this question it's kinda bugging me xD

BlankDistortion
10-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Well, I know where I want to work now, magazine all the way it seems.

dxsxhxcx
10-13-2012, 12:00 AM
this probably was already answered but if it wasn't, do we have the option to play without the hood at any place or just specific places?

kudos17
10-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Welp, this is a... unique... thread. I want to ask, but I fear for the OP's safety. We don't want the Templars on him.

But he may have already revealed too much...

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Welp, this is a... unique... thread. I want to ask, but I fear for the OP's safety. We don't want the Templars on him.

But he may have already revealed too much...
By Templars you mean Ubisoft ?:rolleyes:

kudos17
10-13-2012, 12:25 AM
By Templars you mean Ubisoft ?:rolleyes:

No...

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 12:28 AM
No...
:rolleyes:

kudos17
10-13-2012, 12:33 AM

I'm really not quite sure what you are trying to convey...

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Maybe you`re taking this too seriously and don't know a joke when you see one...

Lighten up..relax

Free_Hidings
10-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Only two weeks... I think it's just about time to quit the forum for a bit... Might just lurk the multiplayer part :)

doogsy91
10-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Do you have to do the bonus objectives in order to achieve 100% synch in a memory?

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Do you have to do the bonus objectives in order to achieve 100% synch in a memory?
duh:p

Evenesque
10-13-2012, 12:40 AM
This whole thread is a massively bad idea.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 12:40 AM
This

Free_Hidings
10-13-2012, 12:43 AM

Lol'd, not sure how he/she missed the joke

kudos17
10-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Maybe you`re taking this too seriously and don't know a joke when you see one...

Lighten up..relax

I thought it was the other way around... I didn't know if you knew I was joking when I said "Templars" or not...

Among the seventh "Can Connor lower his hood?" thread, I'm beginning to become more accepting of bad ideas. Makes for interesting, if short-lived, threads.

Free_Hidings
10-13-2012, 12:48 AM
I think it's great to hear about the game, but we all know that the more self restraint we show, and the less we know about the game before we play it, the more rewarding it will be to discover these things ourselves... It's so hard to exercise self control though, reading about the game is the next best thing to playing it 8-)

ACfan443
10-13-2012, 12:49 AM
The OP's been scared off anyway :L

Free_Hidings
10-13-2012, 12:51 AM

But we have more or less found out that we can gallop outside of cities + not in snow, right?! Unless I misinterpreted...

BOOYAH

rileypoole1234
10-13-2012, 04:24 AM
I'm having a crisis!

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/imported/2010/06/2207.jpg

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 04:54 AM
It's funny but I thought magazines had gag orders on their staff so they didn't get a lawsuit from developers.

Legendz54
10-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Great.. who scared him off...

xXRyzonXx
10-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Great.. who scared him off...

Mr Shade.... ;)

Legendz54
10-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Mr Shade.... ;)

I can only imagine his inbox...

GreatBeyonder
10-13-2012, 05:55 AM
If I had a copy of AC3, I would not be spending time on this forum and instead actually be playing the game...

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 05:56 AM
If I had a copy of AC3, I would not be spending time on this forum and instead actually be playing the game...
He`s a reviewer...

GreatBeyonder
10-13-2012, 06:07 AM
He`s a reviewer...

I'm sure he is, but it doesn't change my statement.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 06:09 AM
I'm sure he is, but it doesn't change my statement.
Of course it does, he`s not an avid of the game so he wont play it 24/7......... like us :|

October 30th... Bye Bye Life

GreatBeyonder
10-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Of course it does, he`s not an avid of the game so he wont play it 24/7......... like us :|

October 30th... Bye Bye Life

Ha! Life is for people... with... lives... :(

deskp
10-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Aren't you under embargo?

I would think officialy he shouldn't be allowed to talk about anything from the review disc. The mods should have a good look at this topic.

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 08:06 AM
I would think officialy he shouldn't be allowed to talk about anything from the review disc. The mods should have a good look at this topic.
He shouldn't releasing information off the the review disc without approval from Ubisoft is against copyright laws.

ACfan443
10-13-2012, 09:45 AM
But we have more or less found out that we can gallop outside of cities + not in snow, right?! Unless I misinterpreted...

BOOYAH

That's true! Galloping in non-snowy areas somewhat confirmed :D

Crouching.Tiger
10-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Please, no ask no more:D A lot of strange people with high ranks visit my forum's profile like investigating something, like im murder of some kind :DHave a good day, Mr. Jameson.

xXRyzonXx
10-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Have a good day, Mr. Jameson.

wait, what?

freddie_1897
10-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, wtf?

Legendz54
10-13-2012, 12:30 PM

You see... They know his name, and he probably knows where he lives too... They are watching..

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 12:36 PM

That Ubisoft are templars.

Or he is SLEEPING?!

BBALive
10-13-2012, 01:11 PM

Shade already posted.

doogsy91
10-13-2012, 01:44 PM
duh:p

The devs said the 100% synch system worked differently in ACIII. If your assumption is correct, then that's not different.

The existing system was stupid so if it remains the same, then that's annoying. Giving you an open world game then defining strict parameters within which to complete objectives seems rather defeating of the whole point of such a gameworld to me. More so in said case as they've defined three pretty inflexible parameters for no good reason.

ACfan443
10-13-2012, 02:10 PM

Or he is SLEEPING?!

No, because he was online the last few pages of posts.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 02:30 PM
No, because he was online the last few pages of posts.

The forums say I am online when Im not all the time. Sometimes I go on my phone and dont login and it says I am online.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 04:44 PM
So when im off work i should break into my office at night to play the game :D

Edit: As you can see, im pretty much alive. No one from ubi invaded my house yet, and my inbox is empty. :)

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 04:54 PM
So when im off work i should break into my office at night to play the game :D

Edit: As you can see, im pretty much alive. No one from ubi invaded my house yet, and my inbox is empty. :)

I will keep you safe...

kudos17
10-13-2012, 05:05 PM

Wait, but that's what I was trying to joke about with with my first po-

Y'know what, nevermind :nonchalance:

For those wondering, does no one remember this? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=von5hTgiIyM#t=2m48s

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 05:10 PM

As soon as the other customer services line picked up in 4-5 rings I knew something was up.

AINT NO CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT QUICK!

F4H bandicoot
10-13-2012, 06:50 PM
The devs said the 100% synch system worked differently in ACIII. If your assumption is correct, then that's not different.

The existing system was stupid so if it remains the same, then that's annoying. Giving you an open world game then defining strict parameters within which to complete objectives seems rather defeating of the whole point of such a gameworld to me. More so in said case as they've defined three pretty inflexible parameters for no good reason.

The parameters are how the character did it though, so by doing it like Ezio/Connor, which you could say was the correct way, you should be rewarded with more sync.

Evenesque
10-13-2012, 06:58 PM
The parameters are how the character did it though, so by doing it like Ezio/Connor, which you could say was the correct way, you should be rewarded with more sync.

Doesn't change the fact that it's an ancillary feature. The gameworld would have been perfectly fine without it, and instead it makes people feel compelled to do things a certain way when they wouldn't have normally.

They could have just made it exclusive to the first couple of missions or something, passing it off as making sure the Animus is correctly synched to Connor or Ezio and then never doing it again.

Or just make it a feature of New Game + that has some benefit for 100% synch at the end

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Doesn't change the fact that it's an ancillary feature. The gameworld would have been perfectly fine without it, and instead it makes people feel compelled to do things a certain way when they wouldn't have normally.

They could have just made it exclusive to the first couple of missions or something, passing it off as making sure the Animus is correctly synched to Connor or Ezio and then never doing it again.

Or just make it a feature of New Game + that has some benefit for 100% synch at the end
Its a "Bonus" No body cares if you are "Compelled" to do it. Its a design element for replay-ability, it does not limit freedom, its a BONUS.. ALL open world games have this, You know.. BONUS

dewgel
10-13-2012, 07:14 PM
For those doubting that review copies are out yet, retail copies have been appearing all over shops.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5GFZ7TCYAE3i-2.jpg

Seeing that just gets me unbelievably upset, knowing that it's there, ready. But due to the politics involved amongst many other things, we can't have it :D

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Its a "Bonus" No body cares if you are "Compelled" to do it. Its a design element for replay-ability, it does not limit freedom, its a BONUS.. ALL open world games have this, You know.. BONUS

Finally someone gets the 100% feature.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Finally someone gets the 100% feature.

I get it too.. Cookie please.

I love how they are doing 100% sync this time. Personally they weren't challenging in previous games, but now that they have up to 3 objectives to compete I am going to have a great time replaying these :D

JCearlyyears
10-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I hope we can turn off the 100 percent synch notifications in this game. I don't want spoilers.

IceHot100
10-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Dayum! I never understood the clusters, except some parts about the apple and stuff. But, this is one of 'em, I didn't understand. I was completely lost. Can you explain it, please? Who is Mr. Jameson? Was that a templar on the second service line? Why would they put his personal info on his TV? To show him that they know everything about him? That would mean, that Jameson was an assassin?

Slayer_WTF
10-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Can you tell me something about the Glyphs / Clusters?

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Dayum! I never understood the clusters, except some parts about the apple and stuff. But, this is one of 'em, I didn't understand. I was completely lost. Can you explain it, please? Who is Mr. Jameson? Was that a templar on the second service line? Why would they put his personal info on his TV? To show him that they know everything about him? That would mean, that Jameson was an assassin?
They have Info on ALL their customers..

Jameson was a normal man..

ACfan443
10-13-2012, 08:16 PM

That really freaked me out when I completed that cluster. I was highly disturbed.

LoyalACFan
10-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I hope we can turn off the 100 percent synch notifications in this game. I don't want spoilers.

I hated that in Revelations. It always ruined the memory for you before you even started it. "Kill only Abbas and his lieutenants." Wait, what? I don't think turning off the notifications is the answer, but they should at least word them differently so they don't give away what happens.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I hated that in Revelations. It always ruined the memory for you before you even started it. "Kill only Abbas and his lieutenants." Wait, what? I don't think turning off the notifications is the answer, but they should at least word them differently so they don't give away what happens.

That doesnt make sense. "Don't give away what happens", if you didn't know what your objective was there would be no mission

LoyalACFan
10-13-2012, 10:01 PM
That doesnt make sense. "Don't give away what happens", if you didn't know what your objective was there would be no mission

You would still have the objectives updated as necessary, but no 100% synch requirements telling you how the mission ends. Like in AC2, wouldn't it be kind of lame if they told you right at the beginning of the Carnivale mission to "Kill the Doge with your pistol"?

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 10:03 PM
You would still have the objectives updated as necessary, but no 100% synch requirements telling you how the mission ends. Like in AC2, wouldn't it be kind of lame if they told you right at the beginning of the Carnivale mission to "Kill the Doge with your pistol"?

Not really... I don't know why that would be lame but maybe thats just me.

TheDanteEX
10-13-2012, 10:11 PM
I believe Hutchinson said the full-synch objectives only pop up when they are necessary.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 10:25 PM
I believe Hutchinson said the full-synch objectives only pop up when they are necessary.

That is correct. There are checkpoints placed at the missions which open up an optional objective (but that doesn't mean that every checkpoint will open new optional objective, in the first missions of the game there will be something like 1 or 2 optional max, but later in the game 3). Some of the optional objectives appear at once with the start of the mission.

Interesting about the checkpoint is that they are closely tied to the optional objectives:
Example: If you have an option objective to kill 7 redcoats and you kill 4, run into a checkpoint, than kill another two- 6/7 and you get killed you are returned to the checkpoint not with 6/7 or 0/7 kills, but the clearly pointed in the checking,in this case- 4/7. (Previous games seemed to not track those correctly as far as i remember). Also you can chose to reset a checkpoint if you are not happy with the playtrough.

Soulid_Snake
10-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Graphics- My first impression about this was the frame rate. The game's frames per second are as smooth as hell, considering the high amount of render going on in the forest.

Sound- I've noticed that there are few sound glitches during combat, but overall the effects and the soundtrack give a heartbeat to the atmosphere, it feels like the soundtrack follows the action you do in a specific way.

The gameplay:
Combat- The combat is as hard as all of the previous title's combats combined in one. Believe me those guys will give you pretty hard time.

My heart skipped a beat when you wrote the first sentence for graphics, lol! Did it ever dip in your playthrough? Hopefully, the sound glitches will be rectified for the final release. Combat seems to be a challenge this time, thank God! Over all it's looking pretty sweet.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 10:32 PM
My heart skipped a beat when you wrote the first sentence for graphics, lol! Did it ever dip in your playthrough? Hopefully, the sound glitches will be rectified for the final release. Combat seems to be a challenge this time, thank God! Over all it's looking pretty sweet.
That may sound exaggerated, but the game has possibly the most smoothest fps for the ps3 in the last 2 years.
We've encountered large amount of animal's ragdoll glitches.
And just to give you an average- If you died like 2-3 times in a combat in Revelations during progressing for beating the game, in this game you will die like 20-30 times in combat during progression.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 10:33 PM
That may sound exaggerated, but the game has possibly the most smoothest fps for the ps3 in the last 2 years.
We've encountered a large amount of animal's ragdoll glitches.
And just to give you an average- If you died like 2-3 times in a combat in Revelations during progressing for beating the game, in this game you will die like 20-30 times in combat during progression.
Wow..

I guess they did not get to you yet, Mr Jameson..

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 10:35 PM
There is no possible way to find my location and break into my house so they canwjejskl;d,alkwslkjekhnjwab eb nbmeejkmhulik.o

there76
10-13-2012, 10:36 PM
What about screen tearing?

Assassin_M
There is no possible way to find my location and break into my house so they canwjejskl;d,alkwslkjekhnjwab eb nbmeejkmhulik.o
Open the door please, Mr Jameson..

Its freezing out here..

pacmanate
Wow..

I guess they did not get to you yet, Mr Jameson..

Its cause I am his bodyguard now.

That is good for the PS3! But Ragdoll animals... :|

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 10:39 PM
What about screen tearing?
Do you mean the V-Syncing?
If so, we didn't noticed any "tearing".

Soulid_Snake
10-13-2012, 10:54 PM
We've encountered large amount of animal's ragdoll glitches.

Well thanks for confirming that for me, this was only the real major thing could have worried me. You mentioned sound glitches, were they frequent and bad?

bluetoes1
10-13-2012, 10:55 PM
In regards to your comment on the size of the cities, are you entirely sure you unlocked all of the possible parts of Boston / New York? Are there any view points, or markers on the map still there? Since those could potentially unlock more of the city maps. Also, are you actually far into the game / post-completion? Since that could also affect the size of the cities, since some of it may open up at later sequences.

I just hope the cities are as big as Ubisoft say they are. According to every comment Ubisoft has ever made about the city sizes, they should be as big as, if not bigger than Venice in AC2. They are shown as being really HUGE. Which would be fantastic, but you saying the cities are a little small is disappointing to me, so there MUST be something you haven't unlocked in the cities yet, entire districts even?

Escappa
10-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Even if the cities isn't as big as they say (80% of Rome), 8% is a very big ****ing difference from that so eather someone at Ubisoft were drunk when he said it, or there's more to unluck.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 11:00 PM
I would also like to know the above. If you could compare the size to any past cities in the games.

Sick_one12
10-13-2012, 11:04 PM
One little non-spoilerific question:

What about swimming in the frontier?can you freely dive around under the water surface or can you just put your head under the surface like in previous ACs?

And does the frontier water look as good as the "carribean" water?Also,can you jump of your ship anytime you want and swim around in the sea?

Please answer these little questions:D

bluetoes1
10-13-2012, 11:05 PM
I would also like to know the above. If you could compare the size to any past cities in the games.
Yeah, even comparing it to the AC1 cities would be fine, though a comparison of AC3's cities to Venice / Rome would be nice. I seriously seriously hope they are as big as Venice though. The size of Venice was perfect considering it was one of two of the major cities in AC2. Having a similar size for one of the two cities in AC3 would also seem perfect to me.

FourDea123
10-13-2012, 11:07 PM
hey if you cant answer it doesn't matter, but i would realy like to know if we can unequip the sword? as i know i wont be using it and dont want it on Connors body if you cant thanks anyway

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Why do people care about the size of cities ? Disappointed if it is smaller than Venice ? I`m OK if its as big as Damascus, Damm it..

bluetoes1
10-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Why do people care about the size of cities ? Disappointed if it is smaller than Venice ? I`m OK if its as big as Damascus, Damm it..
We care about the cities because that's where most of the game takes place, and because they have always been a huge part of Assassin's Creed. They need to be impressive. We don't exactly want a Forli sized city for AC3, now do we? We want something that is atleast comparable to Venice.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
We care about the cities because that's where most of the game takes place, and because they have always been a huge part of Assassin's Creed. They need to be impressive. We don't exactly want a Forli sized city for AC3, now do we? We want something that is atleast comparable to Venice.
1/3 of the Missions are going to be in the Frontier so no, not most of the game will take place there and who put "At least the size of Venice" as a Condition ? They don't have to be Gigantic to be impressive..

If they make it the size of Damascus, but VERY detailed, I`ll, and you should all, be happy

The Frontier is 1.5 times Rome, which is 3 times the Kingdom, the Homestead looks as large as Masyaf (Or bigger) I don't see how 2 Damascuses ( Boston and NY) can be disappointing..

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
It is hard to compare, but Boston appears to be a bit smaller than Venice. The right part of Boston is full of buildings the left wing seems kind of desolated, but it is the desolated zone that has desynch barrier at some points.
The map, you see, contains two parts- a left and a right.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 11:27 PM
It is hard to compare, but Boston appears to be a bit smaller than Venice. The right part of Boston is full of buildings the left wing seems kind of desolated, but it is the desolated zone that has desynch barrier at some points.
The map, you see, contains two parts- a left and a right.

So you are saying just the right side with buildings is under the size of Venice, or the left and the right side?

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/thumb/9/93/AC2_VeniceMap.jpg/960px-AC2_VeniceMap.jpg

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 11:31 PM
As you look at the map imagine it vertically and split it through the half, the left wing is desolated, but it doesn't mean that there are no buildings there. It seems more like battleground there, forts, ruined buildings etc.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Hmm, thats not bad I guess.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Hmm, thats not bad I guess.

Its not bad at all since it is not the only city, if you take the open seas and its islands, frontier, missions with special locations it almost reaches the wideness of AC2.
AC3 is almost 10% smaller than AC2.

ACfan443
10-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Its not bad at all since it is not the only city, if you take the open seas and its islands, frontier, missions with special locations it almost reaches the wideness of AC2.

Now that can't be right...

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 11:39 PM

What do you mean by that?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 11:41 PM
The populated zones (cities).

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Now that can't be right...
yah Dafuq ?

Frontier = 1.5 times Rome = 3.5 times Florence
Sea and islands = Has to be larger than Romgna and Venice combined.
Boston = Damascus or Florence
New York = Damascus or Florence.

The hell now ?

bluetoes1
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Kwak_Drwdo, May I ask if you done all the viewpoints in each cities, done anything that could potentially unlock more of the city map? I heard that mist even covers the cities when you haven't explored that part of it. Maybe that's why you think it's a little small? Also, are you at a later stage in the game where all of the cities have opened up? That might affect your judgement on the size.

ACfan443
10-13-2012, 11:44 PM
To the OP, I don't mean to come across rude, but please reply to the questions only if you're sure your info's 100% correct. I really don't want to feel like I've been deceived by Ubi.

there76
10-13-2012, 11:45 PM
There are villages in the frontier as well, I believe that the Lexington and Concord will be in the game as well.

there76
10-13-2012, 11:46 PM
yah Dafuq ?

Frontier = 1.5 times Rome = 3.5 times Florence
Sea and islands = Has to be larger than Romgna and Venice combined.
Boston = Damascus or Florence
New York = Damascus or Florence.

The hell now ?
He was talking about populated areas.

Assassin_M
To the OP, I don't mean to come across rude, but please reply to the questions only if you're sure your info's 100% correct. I really don't want to feel like I've been deceived by Ubi.
You seriously need to hang out here more often xD

bluetoes1
Also, are you sure you have analyised the cities correctly? Because I think the map of Boston has a huuuuge length, but a sort of small width, so it may seem smaller ontop of a viewpoint, but if you were to arrange it into a square and compare it to Venice it could be even bigger then Venice?

Basically, what I am saying is why would Ubisoft completely lie about the size of the cities? And there is no way there is confusion between Ubisoft employees, because every single confirmation about the size of the cities has always been 80% of Rome, which is atleast the size of Venice! It just makes no sense. I don't see why Ubisoft would lie, so I think you might not be analysing the size enough?

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Also, are you sure you have analyised the cities correctly? Because I think the map of Boston has a huuuuge length, but a sort of small width, so it may seem smaller ontop of a viewpoint, but if you were to arrange it into a square and compare it to Venice it could be even bigger then Venice?

Basically, what I am saying is why would Ubisoft completely lie about the size of the cities? And there is no way there is confusion between Ubisoft employees, because every single confirmation about the size of the cities has always been 80% of Rome, which is atleast the size of Venice! It just makes no sense. I don't see why Ubisoft would lie, so I think you might not be analysing the size enough?
Why would they lie ? Just like soap adverts, so their products can sell ?

Kwak-Drwdo
Why do i sense you are kind of greedy in matter of the gaming ground content.
You won't be disappointed, but don't just rely on my opinion, i am not architect to affect even the slightest formalities to collect an overall picture of the scale of the zones.

As Assassin_M stated, a lot of false advertisement.
EA promised the playground to be the largest in NFS the run compared to all previous games in the series, it ended up having about 2 hours of gameplay...

pacmanate
Ubisoft wouldnt lie, just over exaggerate.

Assassin_M

Because Ubisoft spoiled us..

bluetoes1
10-13-2012, 11:49 PM
There are villages in the frontier as well, I believe that the Lexington and Concord will be in the game as well.
AC2 Also had a small city or two. It will seriously disappoint me if the cities aren't similar in size to Venice, even if Boston is only the size of Venice, and New York is the size of Florence - That would be fine for me. But anything smaller would be disappointing.

Sure we have the entire fronteir, with some small villages, and the trees, the wildlife, settlements, and camps, but it's entirely different from a city. I really believe that there should be an equal amount of city space in the game as seen in AC2.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Because Ubisoft spoiled us..
You are not greedy about it, you seem as a guy who actually can get enough.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 11:54 PM
You are not greedy about it, you seem as a guy who actually can get enough.
I did not want to point out names;)

I just said "Us":p

Some people have a strong sense of entitlement here..

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 11:54 PM
AC2 Also had a small city or two. It will seriously disappoint me if the cities aren't similar in size to Venice, even if Boston is only the size of Venice, and New York is the size of Florence - That would be fine for me. But anything smaller would be disappointing.

Sure we have the entire fronteir, with some small villages, and the trees, the wildlife, settlements, and camps, but it's entirely different from a city. I really believe that there should be an equal amount of city space in the game as seen in AC2.

Well as i remember AC2 was in development for 2 years, AC3 too, but during AC3 development ACB and ACR came out, so i guess the larger percentage of the studios that worked on ACB and ACR were working on AC3 too, so do the math.

pacmanate
10-13-2012, 11:55 PM
EH I will just wait for the game now :P

Slayer_WTF
10-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Can you tell me something about the Glyphs / Clusters?

Up. :)

Kwak-Drwdo
10-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Up. :)

Slap.

Lass4r
10-13-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry, not sure if we understood you correctly. What you ment was that Boston and New York is perhaps 10% smaller than AC2's Venice, Florence, Forli and Sam Gimignano (sp?), right? There is no way the entirety of AC3 is smaller than AC2, that would be outright lying to the extreme on Ubisofts part...

Where did you get that percentage though? With all due respect, it feels like a ******** statistic.

ACfan443
10-13-2012, 11:59 PM
You won't be disappointed, but don't just rely on my opinion, i am not architect to affect even the slightest formalities to collect an overall picture of the scale of the scale of the zones.

Personally, I'm not greedy for new info. I'm more than happy with how much they've given us. I just wanted a reliable reassurance of the scale of the game. Obviously when you say AC3 will be "10% smaller than AC2" it rings a few alarm bells. But yes, I'm aware that false advertisement is abundant in the industry, but Ubisoft wouldn't do it to that extent.

Kwak-Drwdo
10-14-2012, 12:00 AM

Well at first i preferred not to. But there were some persistent members that spammed those questions, i didn't want to be rude if i just left them hang.

Assassin_M
10-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Well at first i preferred not to. But there were some persistent members that spammed those questions, i didn't want to be rude if i just left them hang.
Wow, OP..

I`m surprised you`re still holding yourself together..

Some of the guys here are annoying, rude and downright nasty..

What`s wrong with you, people ?

bluetoes1
10-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Starting to think this reviewer isn't telling the truth, and that they aren't an actual reviewer. No offence, but it's just the size issue - You've been saying it's really small, Ubisoft have been saying it's really big. Sure, there may be some, or a little exaggeration on Ubisoft's part, but there can't be a HUGE amount of exaggeration.

I mean, have you got to a late stage in the game, done the viewpoints, and anything that could potentially unlock the cities up even more, since you said there were desync barriers - That MAY be because you haven't done certain viewpoints, missions, sequences, etc?

ACfan443
10-14-2012, 12:04 AM

Ignore em. (I apologise if I was one of them :/)

Assassin_M
Starting to think this reviewer isn't telling the truth, and that they aren't an actual reviewer. No offence, but it's just the size issue - You've been saying it's really small, Ubisoft have been saying it's really big. Sure, there may be some, or a little exaggeration on Ubisoft's part, but there can't be a HUGE amount of exaggeration.

I mean, have you got to a late stage in the game, done the viewpoints, and anything that could potentially unlock the cities up even more, since you said there were desync barriers - That MAY be because you haven't done certain viewpoints, missions, sequences, etc?
You have no place calling someone a liar just because of things that may or may not be true...

monster_rambo
Frontier: size of Florence
New York: size of Monteriggioni
Boston: size of Tiber Island
Islands: non-existent

Ubisoft: Problem?

Kwak-Drwdo
As i said the populated zones are about 10% smaller, the outskirt are larger, frontier+ open seas.

bluetoes1
10-14-2012, 12:06 AM
As i said the populated zones are about 10% smaller, the outskirt are larger, frontier+ open seas.
Okay, I appreciate your answer and sorry if I came off as rude, but are you entirely sure you've done the viewpoints, gotten to a late stage in the game, done anything that could unlock more of the city maps?

Kwak-Drwdo
10-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Okay, I appreciate your answer and sorry if I came off as rude, but are you entirely sure you've done the viewpoints, gotten to a late stage in the game, done anything that could unlock more of the city maps?

The story is completed, but we still haven't reached 100%, all the viewpoints are cleared in Boston, but those synch barriers are still there. They maybe plan access on the release date or most probably we've missed or not do something.