PDA

View Full Version : Why Is PC Version of AC3 Delayed ?

PranavT
10-12-2012, 04:15 AM
I just found out that the PC version of Assassins Creed III is coming out a month after the Console Version ( Console : October 30, PC : November 29 ) I am outraged by this. How is it that people Pay $500 for a console whilst we pay at least $1500 for a gaming PC and for what gain, We get games released a whole month later. People with consoles will have finished the whole game before we even get a chance to Open the box. Ubisoft This has been a common thing for you, you did the same with Brotherhood. I expected better from a Company of your caliber. Im not blaming you for delaying the game but i would still want to know exactly why PC is getting delayed.

Anykeyer
10-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Funny that u mention paying 1500 for gaming PC, this money obviously have nothing to do with Ubisoft. You CHOOSE to play on PC. PC release requres more effort to support wider range of hardware, this time they even making use of DX11, so they spending time for PC-only features while PC sales traditionally at least 5x lower than on each console. Be glad that they releasing it at all.

ProletariatPleb
10-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Welcome to Ubisoft's every AC delay, it's obviously done to boost the console sales. Ubisoft is a mostly-console based company, they've earned a 'reputation' of treating PC customers badly and hence that lowers their sales, things like that awful DRM in the past, and not optimizing game properly for the PC(LOD issues, console textures) does a lot of 'damage', and so PC players slowly are...backing away from Ubi. Hopefully AC3 PC is good enough, and maybe it'll win back the faith of PC players.

PranavT
10-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Welcome to Ubisoft's every AC delay, it's obviously done to boost the console sales. Ubisoft is a mostly-console based company, they've earned a 'reputation' of treating PC customers badly and hence that lowers their sales, things like that awful DRM in the past, and not optimizing game properly for the PC(LOD issues, console textures) does a lot of 'damage', and so PC players slowly are...backing away from Ubi. Hopefully AC3 PC is good enough, and maybe it'll win back the faith of PC players.

I have to agree with you. I did some research and apparently this have become a regular thing for Ubisoft, the Assassins Creed Brotherhood was delayed by 4 Months (A THIRD OF THE WHOLE YEAR). Though I dont think ill ever be able to turn away from the Assassins Creed Series, no matter the flaws the games still top my charts due to the amazing story and gameplay. I Just expected better of Ubisoft.

PranavT
10-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Funny that u mention paying 1500 for gaming PC, this money obviously have nothing to do with Ubisoft. You CHOOSE to play on PC. PC release requres more effort to support wider range of hardware, this time they even making use of DX11, so they spending time for PC-only features while PC sales traditionally at least 5x lower than on each console. Be glad that they releasing it at all.

Well maybe PC sales would go up if Ubisoft started treating the PC users better. I dont see Activision, Bioware and EA doing this. Why only Ubisoft? Look at Battlefield 3 for example, No delay and it happened to have so many advances in the field of PC Gaming. They managed to put DX11 in it and a new engine aswell. I think Ubisoft should be able to do it in 2012 if EA managed it in 2011.

Anykeyer
10-12-2012, 08:21 AM
No, they wont go up.
Your point isnt valid. BF series roots are at PC, its competitive shooter and its one of PC not-so-dead genres. AC series are console action adventure games originally developed for consoles, many core features and even kb/m control scheme are dictated by consoles hardware.They simply port it to PC using separate studio (ACR and AC3 are ported by ukrainian Ubi Kiev).
Besides, like its first time you ever encounter PC release delays or console exclusives. In case with BF where is Bad Company for PC?
Honestly I cant care less about this delay. I have more games than I have time to play them already. And if you want so badly to get that game just a few weeks sooner then by all means just buy a console.

hadarm18
10-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Its not that bad its only 20 days delay

Unlike 5 months with previous games (excluding Revelations)

Beylous
10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Ubisoft is notorious for delaying games, sometimes right at the last minute. Hopefully this will be the last delay but when it comes to Ubi, I don't keep my hopes up (especially after the horrid Future Soldier fiasco). But hey, if they want to cater to the console-kids that's fine, it's their financial loss.....as long as they don't start blaming piracy again. That was quite the eye roller.

al-Assas
10-13-2012, 08:06 PM

This.

TheLeoCrow
10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
[...]...as long as they don't start blaming piracy again.[...]

Ofcourse they will, it's their go-to excuse for everything

Beylous
10-15-2012, 05:08 AM

Yeah, it's a little lame, but hopefully they actually take the delay and do SOME sort of optimization for the PC. Porting is a necessary evil, I'll accept that, but the laziness and concern about money over concern for quality has done some real damage to more than a few titles. Future Soldier ticked me off to no end (Ubi Paris/Bualrgraxistan or wherever the other studtio is did that one), but hopefully Ubi Montreal can outdo their less-than-professional counterparts. I have never had an issue with AC series though, so I'm hopeful.

Chrissy417
10-15-2012, 10:42 AM
they're delaying it so that they can think of more ways to stop the supposed pirates that make up most of the pc market, they've probably already contracted evenbalance for god awful punkbuster and will probably throw in a couple of glitches and a new DRM

CianMatthews
10-15-2012, 04:35 PM
i dont see the point in delaying the release of the pc version as i have pre-ordered it on pc and i am a hardcore fan, i just find this stupid that pc users have to wait a month longer(when i am dying of anticipation already) only to leave us with spoilers lying around the internet....:mad::mad: in addition, does any one actually know why they have delayed it?

RenaudV
10-15-2012, 07:30 PM
There is a possible excuse (although perhaps not a good one) for AC1-ACII-ACB. These games have a little 'extra' on PC:
AC1: reworked some of the investigation memories to give a greater variety
ACII: integrated sequences 12 and 13 DLC's in the main game (although without the 3 templar lairs and bonus skin)
ACB: introduced the investment system for shops

I don't think there was anything new for ACR

ProletariatPleb
10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
There is a possible excuse (although perhaps not a good one) for AC1-ACII-ACB. These games have a little 'extra' on PC:
AC1: reworked some of the investigation memories to give a greater variety
ACII: integrated sequences 12 and 13 DLC's in the main game (although without the 3 templar lairs and bonus skin)
ACB: introduced the investment system for shops

I don't think there was anything new for ACR
AC1 True, it was the first game after all.
AC2 It can be possible since last DLC came out mid-February and game came out March.
AC:B possible, but a system like that isn't something that would take months.
AC:R they REMOVED ambient occlusion from the PC version.

Beylous
10-16-2012, 03:20 AM
.....what the heck IS ambient occlusion anyways?

ProletariatPleb
10-16-2012, 03:58 AM
.....what the heck IS ambient occlusion anyways?
It prevents things from looking like...plastic.

"Ambient occlusion attempts to approximate the way light radiates in real life, especially off what are normally considered non-reflective surfaces."

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/232/9/c/ambient_occlusion_comparison_by_Blenden92.png

http://www.geeks3d.com/public/jegx/200809/nvidia-ambient-occlusion-paper.jpg

Beylous
10-16-2012, 04:18 AM
It prevents things from looking like...plastic.

"Ambient occlusion attempts to approximate the way light radiates in real life, especially off what are normally considered non-reflective surfaces."

Sweet.....always wondered that, and I thank you for the visual guide. Idiots such as myself need those, lol. Gonna start turning that feature on since I always thought it was related to other things. Muchly appreciated.

Xthman
10-17-2012, 03:40 AM

LMAO!! Giving a Piracy excuse by ubisoft is like cracking a joke these days :D

ALAGOR-ROGALA
10-17-2012, 03:25 PM
They Delayed the pc version so more console versions will be sold, at least that's what i herd not 100% sure ;).

RobYates76
10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Personally I feel ripped off, I pre-ordered AC3 because I had got into the other AC games unaware of previous delays, I paid 60 GBP under the now clearly false impression that I would receive it around the 31st October 2012, to discover that the date has now been held back to the 23 November 2012 feels to me as if UbiSoft are giving all us PC gamers the two fingered salute, I think it only fair that UbiSoft compensate us for the blatant lies they have told, saying this game would be ready in time.

snwboardn21
10-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Ehhh who cares why they are delaying it on PC... It is a great game series, and is worth the wait. Just be glad we get a port at all. I just started playing AC2 a couple of days ago on PC, I still have Brotherhood and Revelations to finish so they can delay it for another month for all I am concerned.

I know this is a sore subject for people without cable internet or have privacy concerns... But the sooner that consoles get to digital ONLY distribution the better off the PC will be... It will make publishers obsolete... If I was Ubisoft I would have half my team working with MS and Sony to get some kind of Uplay app on both consoles, because the publishers who don't have a digital distribution method will be left behind.

dex3108BL
10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Personally I feel ripped off, I pre-ordered AC3 because I had got into the other AC games unaware of previous delays, I paid 60 GBP under the now clearly false impression that I would receive it around the 31st October 2012, to discover that the date has now been held back to the 23 November 2012 feels to me as if UbiSoft are giving all us PC gamers the two fingered salute, I think it only fair that UbiSoft compensate us for the blatant lies they have told, saying this game would be ready in time.

Every trailer had text : PC date yet to be confirmed.

Stiler
10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Every trailer had text : PC date yet to be confirmed.

A few months ago they said it was going to be out along with the console:
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/13/3156512/assassins-creed-3-pc-version-delayed-past-october-30th-release-date

then in August they announced it would be delayed to Nov.

The main reason UBisoft does this for almost all PC versions is "Piracy." They think if they push it back it won't be as pirated or that those of us that have both consoles and pc will double dip an dpurchase it on console then pc. Negating the fact that the delay will also anger some people who will then turn to pirating it.

I am getting it for pc, but I seriously considered just not getting it at all because as a PC player I feel UBisoft treats us like crap, they keep blaiming pirate sfor this and that, then say most pc players are pirates, then delay every single PC version of their game, then whine when people get mad and don't buy the pc versions of their games.

Maybe if they treated as as fairly as the console players and actually didn't accuse every pc player of being a pirate they'd do better on the pc platform.

BP_Sacred_Site
10-23-2012, 04:53 AM
ubisoft are bloody lairs, yes the pc might have piracy, but so does the xbox 360 and ps3, No ubisoft just want to kill off the damm PC gaming market.

Yes ubisoft might clam a 95% piracy rate, but after releasing Assassins Creed 2 they bloody deserve the 95% piracy rate. If you sh!t on the PC gamers, what the F*$K do you expect is going to happen to your sales, you company has just turned to sh!t over the last 3 years.

And anyways your DRM only protected your games for a week or 2 and how much money did you lose in the long run because of it? Either way I hope you enjoy this year's wave of piracy ON ALL 3 PLATFORMS.

Dizlol
10-23-2012, 11:59 PM
ubisoft are bloody lairs, yes the pc might have piracy, but so does the xbox 360 and ps3, No ubisoft just want to kill off the damm PC gaming market.

Yes ubisoft might clam a 95% piracy rate, but after releasing Assassins Creed 2 they bloody deserve the 95% piracy rate. If you sh!t on the PC gamers, what the F*$K do you expect is going to happen to your sales, you company has just turned to sh!t over the last 3 years.

And anyways your DRM only protected your games for a week or 2 and how much money did you lose in the long run because of it? Either way I hope you enjoy this year's wave of piracy ON ALL 3 PLATFORMS.

Don't forget second hand sales on consoles as well.
But to say that Ubi deserves to have theyre games pirated goes a bit far.
Alot of work and research goes into these games.

catkiller97
10-24-2012, 12:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ey5KR.png

snwboardn21
10-24-2012, 02:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ey5KR.png

Wow I didn't realize they were incorporating DX11 into the PC version... That is good news.

spectatorx
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
They are creating this game, assassin's creed 3, since 3 years and few months before launch they are saying they moved pc launch for few weeks... Let's be honest, something is not correct in this what they are saying, they had a lot of time to integrate dx11 features.

RobYates76
10-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Well I'm not technically minded enough to know what DX11 is or how it will improve the PC version of the game over the console version, all I do know is that when I was encouraged to pre-order the game back in March of this year we were told that AC3 for PC would arrive at the same time as the console versions, now flashy graphics don't mean diddly squat to me as long as the game is good, what my concern now is that when we PC gamers go into multiplayer we'll have our asses handed to us by a bunch of console players who have had a month to learn how to pull the best moves

x-Lyyr-x
10-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Well maybe PC sales would go up if Ubisoft started treating the PC users better. I dont see Activision, Bioware and EA doing this. Why only Ubisoft? Look at Battlefield 3 for example, No delay and it happened to have so many advances in the field of PC Gaming. They managed to put DX11 in it and a new engine aswell. I think Ubisoft should be able to do it in 2012 if EA managed it in 2011.

Battlefield was developed by Dice... EA is just another greedy publisher, with tons of slapped together unfinished products.
Ubisoft > EA in my mind.

Dizlol
10-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Well I'm not technically minded enough to know what DX11 is or how it will improve the PC version of the game over the console version, all I do know is that when I was encouraged to pre-order the game back in March of this year we were told that AC3 for PC would arrive at the same time as the console versions, now flashy graphics don't mean diddly squat to me as long as the game is good, what my concern now is that when we PC gamers go into multiplayer we'll have our asses handed to us by a bunch of console players who have had a month to learn how to pull the best moves

There is no crossplatform multiplayer.

michal1234b
10-24-2012, 03:24 PM
DX11 is not an excuse.. Like somebody said they had a lot of time to plug it into game.. Ubisoft just don't respect PC Gamers as PS3 or Xbox gamers..
It's sick and sad that just 6 days to go for PS3 & Xbox while PC Gamers 'll be still waiting and watching gameplays on YouTube.. I promised to myself that i won't see anything about the story because it 'll ruin my game.. It's so sick!

cheezstix
10-26-2012, 01:32 AM
maybe the PC version is being optimized and is not gonna be just a direct console port? they may be spending extra time on it.

which would be a good thing, because most console ports are very poorly optimized and require too high of specs for what they are. always cringe when see a Xbox360/PS3 port that requires stuff like quad-cores/4GB ram/latest GPUs while they still look/perform the same as the console versions, sometimes even lesser. its like... come on, the systems they where ported from are on 7+ year old hardware, why does the PC version need such a beast of a machine to run smoothly (if at all)?

also, you dont need to spend over $1000 on a gaming PC, that was your choice. you can build them for under $800.

although, they should have worked on the game for all platforms simultaneously, since other companies get their PC/console versions out at the same time. at least its not a major delay. still is disapointing though.

and, find it funny when companies blame piracy when it involves PC versions. the console versions are just as easily pirated and are the first game rips you see all over web sites. retail games are far more easier to attain early and leak, especially since console games dont have DRM and its easy to mod a console to play burnt games. you have to go thru more hoops to get a pirated PC game to run.

dont like when companies blame piracy for low sales, because thats just not right. most people will buy a game if they want to play it, not steal it. the people who steal games are the minority who wont buy a game even if it was $1. the things that effect game sales the most are: reviews, timing of release, word of mouth/hype, how optimized the game is (especially for PC versions), and then we have used games. some people also wait until price-drops to only buy games. its many things, but piracy isnt the major player.

marcoolio_lv
10-26-2012, 08:58 AM
This "PC version delayed for optimisations" is BS. We all know how this "optimisation" turned out for Ghost Recon FS PC players - they still cannot play the game, and it came out in June 26th.

I am really worried about PC version of AC3. I really want to play it, but it's being ported by the same people who ported ACR and Ghost Recon and both were crap ports. I wonder why those people have not been fired yet. They are worthless!

If this is how Ubisoft treats their PC costumers, I think we're better off not getting a PC version.
Anyway, we'll be blamed for everything, because PC gamers ar whiners, pirates and the worst kind of people possible.

I'll give them 1 more chance. If Ubisoft fails again - sayonara.

JazzCZ
10-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes, they did it because we PC players are very big pirates!
And that's why every console version of AC got out on warez week early including AC3.

Beylous
10-27-2012, 07:26 PM
.....dear God....did they delay it AGAIN? The funny thing is, Steam refuses to put a solid date other than just saying "November 2012", so even they don't believe what they hear, lol. I thought it was supposed to be 23 Nov, but I could be wrong.

Andre_0112
10-27-2012, 10:32 PM
It's Nov. 20th according to Ubishop. The thread is old :P

MrLee95
10-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I canceled my pre-ortder. The main Assassin's Creed page doesn't say or show squat about the PC version release date. Not to mention we don't get any special Collector Editions It's either buy the $60 Retail game or the Digital Download version. Complete ********. And lets not forget Ubisoft came out and said that the PC version will come out with the console version at the same time!!
More lies...

And now I have read that AC3 will have Micro-Transactions!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/10/27/assassins-creed-iii-includes-micro-transactions-ubisoft-applies-free-to-play-model-to-retail-games/

Quote from Stéphanie Perotti, “Free-to-play is a very flexible business model. The player has the capability to spend more than in a traditional model.” AKA we can milk gamers for every cent they have with crap that should be in the game free of charge.
If this is the direction Ubisoft is going, then I want no part of it. Especially when I was looking forward to AC3!!
And it's really sad that we gamers accept this and let companies walk all over us! WAKE UP PEOPLE!! Don't support a company that pulls this kind of crap!!
Let them lost their PC sales and keep their precious console sales, thats what they want anyways right?

RoyalAssassin23
10-28-2012, 02:27 PM
It's Nov. 20th according to Ubishop. The thread is old :P

It's November 20th in US and 23rd in UK

x-Lyyr-x
10-28-2012, 05:47 PM
This "PC version delayed for optimisations" is BS. We all know how this "optimisation" turned out for Ghost Recon FS PC players - they still cannot play the game, and it came out in June 26th.

I am really worried about PC version of AC3. I really want to play it, but it's being ported by the same people who ported ACR and Ghost Recon and both were crap ports. I wonder why those people have not been fired yet. They are worthless!

If this is how Ubisoft treats their PC costumers, I think we're better off not getting a PC version.
Anyway, we'll be blamed for everything, because PC gamers ar whiners, pirates and the worst kind of people possible.

I'll give them 1 more chance. If Ubisoft fails again - sayonara.

I dont know what do you mean by Revelations, it worked perfectly fine for me and it looks good. + on PC you can tweak your GPU so you can get even better graphics.
3weeks delay... no big deal, I am glad the game will be released.

But maybe i am biased because i am not a hater.

masterermac
10-28-2012, 06:07 PM
They probably want to optimize some things (I hope), but its probably just to add some DRM and boost console sales. And when the PC version doesn't do well, they'll blame piracy. But oh wait, what is this, if you go to a torrent tracker you can download the PS3 and XBox 360 versions 4 days before release? Surely it cannot be, only on the PC do people pirate.

marcoolio_lv
10-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I dont know what do you mean by Revelations, it worked perfectly fine for me and it looks good. + on PC you can tweak your GPU so you can get even better graphics.
3weeks delay... no big deal, I am glad the game will be released.

But maybe i am biased because i am not a hater.

I remember there were quite a few people having problems. I mean that one big one. On the island there was a place where it always crashed, and You had to Alt+tab out of the game and force it to use only one core. Maybe they managed to fix it by the time You got to play, idk. Maybe You were lucky not to get it. I got my CE a month after release, and it wasn't fixed then. And tbh, it was not optimised that well. AC1 and 2 were optimised beautifully, but with Revelations I had some major FPS drops and my rig is a beast.

P.S. Anyway, ports made by that team are getting worse every time. I am just hoping they won't drop the ball on this one.

hengyu
10-29-2012, 01:22 PM
I am really saddened by this because I only have a gaming PC and do not intend to buy a console because the PC is already clearly superior in technical prowess and I don't feel that consoles worth the extra money.

I am sure most PC gamers are like this and delaying the PC release hardly boosts the console sales because PC players do not usually jump to console versions, while console players are not likely to jump onto PC versions, AND EVEN IF THEY DID, it is the same profit for Ubisoft anyway.

This game is easily my most anticipated game of the year, it's one of the few games I'm buying this year and since Diablo III was a disappointment, I have been saving up and cannot wait to get my hands on AC3.

Given the extremely long duration the devs had for this game, most of us would expect the extra PC stuff to be ready by release... apparently not.

To add insult to injury, I was wholeheartedly overjoyed when I read this preview (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html), only to learn later that they did not fulfill their promise.

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

Glitch1283
10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Not to mention we don't get any special Collector Editions It's either buy the $60 Retail game or the Digital Download version.

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/assassins-creed-iii-join-or-die-edition-pc/1004004012198614/

And before long they also had the special edition with the connor statue on there... It's probably sold out now though...

Complete ********. And lets not forget Ubisoft came out and said that the PC version will come out with the console version at the same time!!
More lies...

Its been like this with EVERY Assassin's Creed, so why would they suddenly promise that?
At least they might have said, doesn't mean it's gonna happen (as usual).

And now I have read that AC3 will have Micro-Transactions!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/10/27/assassins-creed-iii-includes-micro-transactions-ubisoft-applies-free-to-play-model-to-retail-games/

That's for lazy people to buy Multiplayer points. You can just play the game and earn those points just as easily. Same as EA did with Mass Effect 3 packs... They're not required so why even rage over this?

Quote from Stéphanie Perotti, “Free-to-play is a very flexible business model. The player has the capability to spend more than in a traditional model.” AKA we can milk gamers for every cent they have with crap that should be in the game free of charge.

Except, you don't need to buy those things. It just means more Multiplayer points.... Maybe research a bit before you make a ragepost with "should be in the game".
Also, AC3 isn't a Free-to-Play game. Ubi is looking to make games F2P and use a system like League of Legends for instance... So you already get a free game.

If this is the direction Ubisoft is going, then I want no part of it. Especially when I was looking forward to AC3!!
And it's really sad that we gamers accept this and let companies walk all over us! WAKE UP PEOPLE!! Don't support a company that pulls this kind of crap!!
Let them lost their PC sales and keep their precious console sales, thats what they want anyways right?

Your loss really. Ubi is still one of the companies that brings quality to the table (Far Cry 3 upcoming, Anno 2070).

So, you rather support Activision for an overpriced CoD with following mappacks?
Or EA, that destroyed the syndicate franchise and now even Medal of Honor?
Or Blizzard, who messed up Diablo 3 so bad that it's player base dropped like an asteroid?

What a paranoid crybaby you are. 20 days of extra waiting and you get all crazy and see conspiracies everywhere.

Jadine
10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I guess I missed something in the posts, but is there actual proof of the delay? I mean someone of Ubi that says its delayed, not some link to non-Ubi news sites that say so.
Edit: When you click on pre-order one of the pc editions it says: Pre-order Release: 22/11/2012. So for Europe it's now 22 nov.

I'm not happy with a delay, but I'm still very happy that it's coming out on pc. We do have one ps3, but I play all my games on the pc (would be hard taking turns on 1 ps3 with 2 gamers :p ). And all AC games worked for me on the pc with a gamepad (ps3). Can't wait for my Freedom edition to arrive! :D

Paouky
10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Sony paying Ubisoft maybe?

GuZZ33
10-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Ubi is still one of the companies that brings quality to the table.So, you rather support Activision?
Or EA, that destroyed Medal of Honor?
Quality for PC?, questionable imho. At least Call of Duty Black Ops will be a world wide release on all the major gaming platforms, they don't mess about. Danger Close did a greta job with medal of Honor Warfighter, i'm really enjoying the PC version.

ASDF_Russell
10-30-2012, 12:02 AM

Um. PC gamers don't play against console gamers. We play on different networks...

Venefikus
10-30-2012, 03:54 AM
This is unfortunate. Part of the reason I purchased the video card I did was because of the assassins creed 3 deal. Had I known I would've had to wait an extra month at the time of purchase I would've gone with a different video card. Oh well, I am happy with my video card. I just wish it would've been more transparent that I would've had to wait a month, because I'm not about to spend to another 60$ for the 360 version when I "have" the pc version.

Free_Hidings
10-30-2012, 03:57 AM
Um. PC gamers don't play against console gamers. We play on different networks...

I think he is referring to the super rich dudes who get the console version first then get the PC version when it comes out, having already learnt many tricks of the trade and gaining an advantage over the PC noobs. A pretty minor complaint though, If they can pick it up in a month then surely you can too.

slyguyi69
10-30-2012, 12:54 PM
There are a few things i'd like to point out.. First off they didn't do a beta this round. They stated it was because they wanted more time to polish the game.
Since they did this couldn't they have shifted more resource to finishing the game off to launch on time for the PC?

Then, you have this porting issue. Consoles have always paid $10.00 more for their version and this was due to the fact that the game was being ported to the console.
Most people forget about this. So they stick it to the consolers for extra dough and that is the reason. Irony?

I'd also like to point out that they have to design the game on a PC, so how is it that much more difficult to manage a PC version than console?

They are using DX11 as an excuse to delay it, when people already know it's due to piracy and as stated all three verisons have RIPS.
go check and see and i'll bet you're going to find images for all three systems it's just easier on PC.

With the release of Diablo III and the records it set it should have sent a clear message to the software companies that the PC gamer is alive and well and demanding to be treated the same. I've stopped buying upgrades due to the fact that the software designers delay and or don't manufacture a PC version at all. This is killing the industry as a whole.

Lately as was pointed out some of the companies have reverted back and stopped delaying the release of the PC version and i've gladly purchased everything worth buying since. *Example* Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Mass Effect. I'm only hoping that Rockstar* follows suit and releases their games on the same release dates as well.

I'm only glad that they didn't make us wait for 3 or more months this time like they have for all the previous versions it's about the only light at the end of the tunnel that I can think of but it still didn't help the sting I felt when I went to go pay off my copy yesterday and planned on attending the midnight release for it only to find out we were delayed. Really killed my day. *Sigh*

Maybe when all the consoles go to Digital only and Gamestop and other companies can't sell used they will finally see the light. The Console numbers will drop and they will once again NEED the PC community to keep them afloat. :p

HTUK
10-30-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm so glad AC:Liberation is out tomorrow, that can help me forget other people are playing AC3 until Nov 23.

raptor41tr
10-30-2012, 04:37 PM
The only thing that bothers me about this delay is, there are tons of spoilers out there, people already learn the ending, but you must wait 1 more month to see that ending. If they need to delay then they should also delay console versions.

RC-1025
10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Ubisoft at one point only relied on the PC gamers and it shouldn't matter is a game franchise was developed for a console first or not. If you advertise a full platform release date you should darn well try you best to uphold that date. Not inform 27% of your customer base less then 3 days out that they wont get the product they paid for in advance on the day promised. I too wasted time to drive the the store that I paid $60 plus for a game to be told that it was pushed back 3 weeks. Its a let down and a insult. Im not asking them to release something that isn't ready but you darn well know it really isn't the DX 11 issue. Pump out the console version and keep the PCers waiting because we cant keep up. Even the **** Wii gets it before we do. Explain that one away!!!

MT4K
10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
I've seen a few people complain about the PC delay as if it was a recent thing and figured i had to say something.

I don't really want to sound like a jerk or anything as i'm a PC player myself and don't enjoy the waiting either, but people really have nobody to blame but themselves if they didn't know about the delay.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/10/assassins-creed-3-pc-delayed-back-to-november/ - This was posted on the 10th of August.... 2 months ago. The delay was rumoured about for some time before it was made official as well. Not to mention the past AC games have had delays as well and so for most people it was always expected to happen.

It's not Ubisoft's fault that some people didn't keep up to date with information regarding the game's release date. They had plenty of time to check and make sure.

El_Rey1947
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
I think we should all take note of the evil underpinnings of this obvios ruse. We were all promised a release date on par with the rest of the gaming community. That being said it seems quite apparent to me that Ubisoft intentionally misled many paying customers to pre-purchase the game inflating Ubisoft's bottom line.While this was not done overtly, a case can certainly be made that many people were not expressly made aware of this heinous act until several days ago. And that the lack of knowledge presented to the PC gaming community is at fault.
I ask you, should we be suprised? No not really. While Ubisoft generally speaking makes excellent games they have time and again shown an utter lack of respect and understanding to a signifigant customer base. While the logic behind their actions can remain elusive and muddled in rhetoric and lies we have to realize one distint aspect of this unfortunate situation. Ubisoft quite frankly is a poorly run company.
Any shareholder should be extremely worried at the extent to which Ubisoft has time and again sought to exclude a key demographic to their sales strategy. As the world becomes more digitized the ridiculous strategy of exclusion will only see Ubisoft profits fall and their shareholders will pay the price. Be wary of a company which seeks to ostrecize such a large portion of the market.
I hope for all of our sakes that Ubisoft will see the error of its ways and once again implement a policy of inclusion. Which will enable it to continue to create great games for many years to come. And also give many more paying customers a reason to come back by delivering on promises made. Thank you.

RC-1025
10-31-2012, 02:42 AM
Well said

ThexKezza
10-31-2012, 06:50 AM
I myself came home from school annoyed as hell with this release date delay, after hearing all the people on my bus talking about it talking about the game, I just decided to put my 2nd headphone in my ear aswell as the 1st one so I didn't have to hear them, luckily my friends at school don't play the AC series so I can still listen to them!

I too feel very annoyed with this release date delay as well as many on this topic, I do not see why they cannot release the game on all platforms at once. Claiming the delay due to piracy is absolute bulls*** in my opinion, since there ARE pirated versions of the game for the consoles that came out almost a week before the worldwide release, Ubisoft played us PC gamers once again.

By the time we get this game the story of it would have already been ruined by the cheap *** console *****s that for once will think of themselves as being "The Special" community for getting the game before us.

But we must be great full that it's 3 weeks, not like Brotherhood and wait 4 months, I bet ubisoft was very annoyed with the amount of arguments that held.

So heads up guys, I know you want to watch YouTube videos of the thing but sit tight, don't watch the spoilers, it'l be here soon!
But seriously, ubisoft, get your sh** together! I'm tired of this!

Ashsaver
10-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Take it easy,At least we can still get it this year not 2013 like Resident Evil 6 lol

spectatorx
10-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Guys, do not worry, will release the game 9 days before official launch, as it was with revelations :D

Of course i'm joking, i do not know how quick they will get it and crack it but i'm sure it will be fast.

Anyway i'm waiting with too much patience and avoiding any materials about game to do not loose fun of playing and discovering it by myself. Even, if any pirating group will release it before 23rd novermber i will not download it 'cos i want to play it since opening box of my freedom edition.

I will say it again... UBIOSFT, I HAVE TOO MUCH PATIENCE TO YOUR PATHETIC DELAYS!!!!!

IMO, all pc gamers who preordered the game should get season passes for free as penalty to ubisoft for this pathetic delay which they are trying to explain with even more pathetic reasons like implementing dx11 features (you had 3 years of game and "new" engine development to do this) and piracy.

Black_Widow9
10-31-2012, 10:16 AM
You are all warned. Discussion of Piracy can lead to an immediate ban from the Forums permanently.

You also need to leave your language and intense anger off of the Forums. I suggest you take a look at the Rules again if you want to remain here.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663801-Forum-Rules

spectatorx
10-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Sorry, Black_Widow9, it's not gamers warned by you and ubisoft, it is ubisoft warned by gamers.

slyguyi69
10-31-2012, 01:24 PM
I've seen a few people complain about the PC delay as if it was a recent thing and figured i had to say something.

I don't really want to sound like a jerk or anything as i'm a PC player myself and don't enjoy the waiting either, but people really have nobody to blame but themselves if they didn't know about the delay.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/10/assassins-creed-3-pc-delayed-back-to-november/ - This was posted on the 10th of August.... 2 months ago. The delay was rumoured about for some time before it was made official as well. Not to mention the past AC games have had delays as well and so for most people it was always expected to happen.

It's not Ubisoft's fault that some people didn't keep up to date with information regarding the game's release date. They had plenty of time to check and make sure.

Mt4k.. This is pretty funny. So you say that because a rumor was posted on a website you frequent makes it all ok? No it's not. This should have been official info released by Ubisoft. Not news from a source that you happen to read and not everyone else does. This doesn't excuse it one bit. Being you're a moderator I agree that you should try to stick up for them but that is a pretty lame excuse at best. The news would have been better received if Ubisoft emailed it's PC customer base or posted it on the website when they decided it. They danced at E3 not saying one word about the delay and being told at the last minute is kind of insulting. This may be silly to be bothered by it being it's only a game, but when you have hardcore fans of something it's quite sad to be told at the last minute "Sorry you're going to have to wait a few more weeks" really stinks..

arkani2005
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
already took off my AC3 pre-order from my local store, a month delay, jeezes. tobuscus and all the other gamers are going to ruin it on youtube their 'lets play' videos.

MT4K
10-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Mt4k.. This is pretty funny. So you say that because a rumor was posted on a website you frequent makes it all ok? No it's not. This should have been official info released by Ubisoft. Not news from a source that you happen to read and not everyone else does. This doesn't excuse it one bit. Being you're a moderator I agree that you should try to stick up for them but that is a pretty lame excuse at best. The news would have been better received if Ubisoft emailed it's PC customer base or posted it on the website when they decided it. They danced at E3 not saying one word about the delay and being told at the last minute is kind of insulting. This may be silly to be bothered by it being it's only a game, but when you have hardcore fans of something it's quite sad to be told at the last minute "Sorry you're going to have to wait a few more weeks" really stinks..

It's not about sticking up for Ubisoft. I agree that they should have e-mailed people who pre-ordered the game to let them know about the change in release date, Also i don't read joystick. That was just a quick google search. My point was to show that it was being talked about for 2 months and known about. It was mostly widely known information up to the release of the Console versions as far as i'm aware. Most websites selling the game had updated the release date information and most forums i visited was already well aware of it.

Also because of the history regarding the PC version in the Franchise. It should have kept people on their toes.

I do sympathise as a PC gamer of course, but it's not like the information wasn't out there and being talked about. I realise it probably wasn't known to every corner of the internet, but it certainly wasn't a secret that was only revealed right before release.

slyguyi69
10-31-2012, 01:53 PM
You're probably right about staying better informed but I don't tend to go out checking to see if someone is going to be late with something. Heck I was elated they finally decided to keep us on the same release as consoles! Like I said before it's only a game but I fully support games that I enjoy and hats off to Ubisoft for producing a great title. This is one of the few games I hold close as a true favorite. Heck I even purchased the Gauntlet for the game as well. Pre-ordered that when the game was announced when I went to pre-order AC3. Oh well like I previously stated that i'm grateful that it's only a few weeks and not a few months like previous versions.

The game industry as a whole needs to work on bettering security on their titles to ensure that the title can't be ripped. They've made it a long way and hope they get even better. Piracy is an evil thing and I don't like it. It's sad that like with all things the old "Few bad apples" really applies here and the true fan player base pays the price for it.

MT4K
10-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Hopefully one day there won't be any delays at all and everybody can finally enjoy an AC game at the same time :). In the meantime though they do need to work on informing those who did pre-order by E-Mail or something if a release date has changed (Although it's more up to the people you ordered from in that regard). That is the least they can do to improve the problem i think many have had after pre-ordering only to find out when they went to collect it or something.

Long live PC Gamers though haha :rolleyes:

x-Lyyr-x
10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
already took off my AC3 pre-order from my local store, a month delay, jeezes. tobuscus and all the other gamers are going to ruin it on youtube their 'lets play' videos.

Why, is your religion forcing you to watch boring youtube wannabe personalities commenting a walkthrough before you play the game yourself ? :)

Dizlol
10-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Guys, do not worry, will release the game 9 days before official launch, as it was with revelations :D

Of course i'm joking, i do not know how quick they will get it and crack it but i'm sure it will be fast.

Anyway i'm waiting with too much patience and avoiding any materials about game to do not loose fun of playing and discovering it by myself. Even, if any pirating group will release it before 23rd novermber i will not download it 'cos i want to play it since opening box of my freedom edition.

I will say it again... UBIOSFT, I HAVE TOO MUCH PATIENCE TO YOUR PATHETIC DELAYS!!!!!

IMO, all pc gamers who preordered the game should get season passes for free as penalty to ubisoft for this pathetic delay which they are trying to explain with even more pathetic reasons like implementing dx11 features (you had 3 years of game and "new" engine development to do this) and piracy.

They did give us free DLC in the past, even though i find free Season Passes a bit to much, the exclusive PS3 DLC might be something they're considering..

Jadine
10-31-2012, 02:44 PM
I had no idea about the previous delays of AC games. I started playing AC1 after Revelations was out and bought all the games at that point. Everywhere I saw something of AC3 it just said October 31 and no mention of the new date for the pc... Also I don't read gaming news sites so it was last Monday when I found out about the delay. An e-mail about the delay would have been nice indeed!

Waiting will be hard, but I can do it for another great AC game :D

SeidoN_
10-31-2012, 06:42 PM
this is just another game that Ubi are going to screw up on PC just like they did with GRFS. its gonna be unplayable for months, with expensive DLC being released before the game is fixed. another great franchise dies

RC-1025
10-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Ok I'm going to have to reply to this. The delay WAS NOT WIDELY KNOWN obscure forums or little blurps on a web site is now letting your customer base know squat. EVEN STEM HAD THE RELEASE DATE OCTOBER 30 UNTIL YESTERDAY. Then was changed at 12:00am on the 30th. UBIsoft didn't even tell their US distributors of the delay until yesterday. So please stop referring to blogs,forums,and gaming web sites as a means of letting the public know of a company's failure to deliver a product on time ( this is coming from some one that works in the field of tech distribution to the public)

MT4K
10-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Ok I'm going to have to reply to this. The delay WAS NOT WIDELY KNOWN obscure forums or little blurps on a web site is now letting your customer base know squat. EVEN STEM HAD THE RELEASE DATE OCTOBER 30 UNTIL YESTERDAY. Then was changed at 12:00am on the 30th. UBIsoft didn't even tell their US distributors of the delay until yesterday. So please stop referring to blogs,forums,and gaming web sites as a means of letting the public know of a company's failure to deliver a product on time ( this is coming from some one that works in the field of tech distribution to the public)

Steam not updating the release date is Steam's fault. Not Ubisoft's.

Also, Where else would you get the latest news about a game from if not blogs, forums and gaming websites? Would you rather they use a carrier pigeon? Or a Pigeon Coop :p.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-for-pc-delayed-a-month-6391161 - Posted in august
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-3-pc-delayed - Posted in July
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-21-assassins-creed-3-pc-delayed - Posted in June (At the bottom it says - Ubisoft told Eurogamer: "The Windows PC release date is still to be announced.")
http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-3-gets-delayed-for-pc-until-november-as-expected - Posted in August
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1225706p1.html - Posted in August
http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/10/assassins-creed-3-pc-date-confirmed/ - Posted in August
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/8/10/3233133/assassins-creed-3-pc-delay-confirmed-launching-november-23rd-in-uk - Posted in August

Considering how big some of these websites are. I fail to see how it was never widely known.

RC-1025
11-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Like I said before public notification not something you would have to search for on web site endlessly. Some folks have to work a real job for a living and don't have the time to troll the internet for information that should have been made public to all customers. Also to say that it was Steams fault for not updating is a lot of bull. Was it also Wal-Mart,Gamestop,EB, and countless other US software providers fault as well because all had the full platform release date posted in store and on their web sites stating as the 30th of October 2012. This falls fully on UBIsoft's back. (all of your sites are UK not US where most of their money is made)

Black_Widow9
11-01-2012, 02:49 AM
Like I said before public notification not something you would have to search for on web site endlessly. Some folks have to work a real job for a living and don't have the time to troll the internet for information that should have been made public to all customers. Also to say that it was Steams fault for not updating is a lot of bull. Was it also Wal-Mart,Gamestop,EB, and countless other US software providers fault as well because all had the full platform release date posted in store and on their web sites stating as the 30th of October 2012. This falls fully on UBIsoft's back. (all of your sites are UK not US where most of their money is made)
If you are trying to insult in some way please stop right there.

Release dates are not always correct and can sometimes be placeholders. The purchase sites need to have a date in order to take pre-orders but it is always tentative no matter what game or developer you are purchasing from.

SeidoN_
11-01-2012, 03:15 AM
i knew about the delay ages ago. tbh we knew there would be a delay anyway since every AC gets delayed. scratch that, every Ubi game gets delayed on PC, and still releases in a near unplayable state

RC-1025
11-01-2012, 03:32 AM
No insult intended. Yes I do know that release dates are not set in stone. But like I said before if there is a change the responsible thing to do is make the announcement obvious enough that you shouldn't have to look for it. If you wanted to find out about any changes for the game you have to dig even on UBIsoft and the AC3 official web sites. That is poor business and down right misleading for the folks that forked out $65 back in March waiting for a game that now two other platforms have then told at the last minute that you have to wait 3 more weeks. If Apple did that with one of their Iphone releases you know how stupid some people would get ???? We as PC gamers have a darn good reason to be upset. Game developers are kissing the console makers butt to the point of neglect of their original customer base. Like I said no insult intended if I did I apologize. Just blowing off steam because of the obvious bone that UBIsoft has done to our rear-ends

MT4K
11-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Well i won't debate about it because honestly not sure what more i can say. I'll just end with a few things.

The information was readily available. It is up to the stores and such to update the release date in store or on their websites. If they failed to do so then that's their own fault. The information about the delay was easily available and Ubisoft had made it official 2 months ago.

Most sites i find on google search will be U.K based... Because i'm in the U.K (Shocker i know :p). Most i'm pretty sure have a U.S version as well and it won't really make the articles any different.

I found all those with a quick 2 minute google search. I'm sure others could do the same for whatever region they are in.

I'll end it there though as nothing more i can say that will change anybody elses opinion on this.

I will just add though that yes i realise people who did find out at the last minute are understandably upset and annoyed and so i respect that. I was just trying to make the point that it wasn't obscure information or something decided at the last minute.

Bucur92
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
The delay was also on the official Assassins Creed site here http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-60545&ct=tcm:6-231-32.Im a PC gamer and i dont like this delay but im sure they will deliver a good product if they truly use this extra time.I knew about the delay to november 23 months ago.

ApexMandalorian
11-01-2012, 04:18 PM
The delay was also on the official Assassins Creed site here http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-60545&ct=tcm:6-231-32.Im a PC gamer and i dont like this delay but im sure they will deliver a good product if they truly use this extra time.I knew about the delay to november 23 months ago.

Don't hold out too much hope. GRFS for PC was delayed and it was a horrible port when it came out. But I'm sure AC3 won't be THAT bad if previous games are to go by. Ubisoft however does have to prove that it cares about the PC community.

Bucur92
11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Well i played all Assassins Creed games so far on my PC and all run just fine.I dont know about GRFS because i never play it.

ApexMandalorian
11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Well i played all Assassins Creed games so far on my PC and all run just fine.I dont know about GRFS because i never play it.

Needless to say, it was terrible for PC. Lack of support, ton of bugs, devs didn't care about it, just a lazy, shoddy port.

diwas13
11-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I'd like to think they're working hard at it this very moment for a perfect launch of the game but we all know that's not true lol. But jokes aside all the Assassins Creed games run amazingly well on my rig and I've never had an issue with the games and Uplay(pre DRM removal) and now with no DRM/One time online activation, i'm really looking forward to the game, I have no doubt that the devs have done an amazing job.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 05:54 PM
There were some framerate issues with AC2 and ACB but ACR ran like butter on my system, and I hear the same guys who ported ACR are porting AC3?

mrtobs
11-01-2012, 05:57 PM
In my preorder it says that the release were yesterday... Also i heard that the delay were pulled back??

whitestar85
11-01-2012, 10:25 PM

+1 to this.

I don't think I've ever had an issue with any of the games, except when I tried to play the original with 1 gig of RAM.

Jexx21
11-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Steam had the date listed as November 2012 months ago. All of the websites that sold the Pc version had the date down as Nov 20th

ThexKezza
11-02-2012, 04:49 AM
2 days down, 21 more to go I really REALLY can't wait for this, it's been the longest 2 days of my life! Hurry up!

Beylous
11-02-2012, 04:53 AM
...the notorious interview with Gamespy pretty much says it all. Sorry, but developers and publishers these days are.....well.....I just don't trust them. But I don't see any way around it, so I'll still buy. But please...for the love of God.....no more games with Future Soldier's flaws. Who did the Q/A for that? Helen Keller?

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 05:52 AM
2 days down, 21 more to go I really REALLY can't wait for this, it's been the longest 2 days of my life! Hurry up!

So I'm not the only one who's been counting days down, nice to know :D

Mr_Furious_1
11-03-2012, 06:25 AM
The delay may also be, but I'm not sure (just a hunch), that Ubi$oft wants to force-feed PC Gamers another "New and Improved" version of their God-awful DRM.

I, for one, would like to go back to the old-days where all you needed to play the game was a product key and none of this "Constant Internet Connection" And "Server Validation" crap.

Jexx21
11-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Always online DRM was removed starting in Brotherhood, and they also removed it from AC2.

Thren0dy
11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Hello to everyone.

I'm looking forward to play the game.I am so excited that i can't resist from watching gameplay videos(i saw until sequence 2 unfortunately).Anyway,i wish that they will give us a good and polished product without bugs etc.Although their lies are childish regarding the reason of the delay which is clearly piracy.Well,in 3 weeks we will see if they were telling us the truth.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Nah, they really are taking time to port it, an official Ubi team was assigned to it.

ThexKezza
11-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Nah, they really are taking time to port it, an official Ubi team was assigned to it.

Best thing I've heard all day! Thanks for that

BzkGB
11-05-2012, 09:08 PM

I really hope you're right, man :) I couldn't stand to have waited the extra month, only to find out that it was a bad port.

spectatorx
11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
They had to do this 3 years, 3 weeks delay is kind of joke from ubisoft to their loyal customers.

BlastThyName
11-06-2012, 12:44 PM
An "official" team, what the hell does that mean ?

Of course it's a Ubi team (Kiev) doing the port and given their curriculum we are entitled to be worried.

aenemalateralis
11-06-2012, 04:33 PM
All of you guys crying about the delay are the same people who rage about bugs and errors if it get´s released on time/too early.They have stuff to do, let them do it.

There are so many very bad ports out there, do you really want AC3 to be one of them? There are alot of publishers/designers who don´t give a **** and relea$e unfinished products.

Revelations looks so good on the pc, the first few days In the multiplayer I constantly got killed while looking at the beautiful architecture and textures.
AC3 looks alot better than Revelations on the Console, so guess what DirectX11 will do to the PC Version. :D

So Chill people, do something else instead. When did you last clean up your house/flat? Like really cleaning it up? When was the last time you talked with your mom or dad? Good old conversation. Time will fly.

steeljacket488
11-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Could not have said that better myself, and I know what you mean about getting killed while looking around, have done that myself a few times...

soccer06
11-06-2012, 11:30 PM
All of you guys crying about the delay are the same people who rage about bugs and errors if it get´s released on time/too early.They have stuff to do, let them do it.

There are so many very bad ports out there, do you really want AC3 to be one of them? There are alot of publishers/designers who don´t give a **** and relea$e unfinished products.

Revelations looks so good on the pc, the first few days In the multiplayer I constantly got killed while looking at the beautiful architecture and textures.
AC3 looks alot better than Revelations on the Console, so guess what DirectX11 will do to the PC Version. :D

So Chill people, do something else instead. When did you last clean up your house/flat? Like really cleaning it up? When was the last time you talked with your mom or dad? Good old conversation. Time will fly.

You make a good point. The only issue is if it is true that they have a dedicated team working on the PC version, why were they not able to release it alongside the console release?

FourTotal
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM

I know my post count is low but this reeks of company spokesperson.

3 years of developement and all of a suden proper DX11 optimization comes into play 3 weeks before release? You have to be a MORON to believe that.

Everything so far reeks of we are going to stop people from illegally gaining access to our product is more like it and i am not going to use the P word since i ahve been banned once already for letting my temper get the best of me. Although posting a DIRECT SQUISHED UP UNREADABLE copy of the EULA is hardly offensive UBI WILL SILENCE those that are VOCAL. MYself included.

I wont support this company any more. It's not my fault all you kids make micro-transactions, game breaking bugs possible on release day since it is YOU that continue to support a developed franchise. They know they can produce crap and get away with touting their own horn at the same time. Prior to release they, UBI, was awash with unashamed self pride about how their game was breaking records. Now you know why. Because the majority of people playing games now are less than 10 years old and hold a HUGE market share. This is why the PC game is getting delayed.

xxtanisxx
11-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I know my post count is low but this reeks of company spokesperson.

3 years of developement and all of a suden proper DX11 optimization comes into play 3 weeks before release? You have to be a MORON to believe that.

Everything so far reeks of we are going to stop people from illegally gaining access to our product is more like it and i am not going to use the P word since i ahve been banned once already for letting my temper get the best of me. Although posting a DIRECT SQUISHED UP UNREADABLE copy of the EULA is hardly offensive UBI WILL SILENCE those that are VOCAL. MYself included.

I wont support this company any more. It's not my fault all you kids make micro-transactions, game breaking bugs possible on release day since it is YOU that continue to support a developed franchise. They know they can produce crap and get away with touting their own horn at the same time. Prior to release they, UBI, was awash with unashamed self pride about how their game was breaking records. Now you know why. Because the majority of people playing games now are less than 10 years old and hold a HUGE market share. This is why the PC game is getting delayed.
Seriously? children does play consoles you know? Blaming children for PC game delays is outright idiotic. It clearly shows your inability to think intelligently. Micro payments works because it is much like your credit card where people spend minuscule amount until they realize the total accumulation. Even the U.S. government or almost all of the nations in the world are susceptible to such scheme. Hot-headed temper is the least of your issue, your stereotypical stupidity accompanied with your lack of moral standards is the bulk of your problem.

Yes, you did brought up great points on DX11 and unreadable EULA. Yet, your last paragraph shows your true nature on why you are better off nonexistence to the world.

FourTotal
11-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Seriously? children does play consoles you know? Blaming children for PC game delays is outright idiotic. It clearly shows your inability to think intelligently. Micro payments works because it is much like your credit card where people spend minuscule amount until they realize the total accumulation. Even the U.S. government or almost all of the nations in the world are susceptible to such scheme. Hot-headed temper is the least of your issue, your stereotypical stupidity accompanied with your lack of moral standards is the bulk of your problem.

Yes, you did brought up great points on DX11 and unreadable EULA. Yet, your last paragraph shows your true nature on why you are better off nonexistence to the world.

You cant possibly be posting this as your first post and if you are then good luck to you and this game you seem to want to defend. I stated many reasons as you why i think this game is being held back and IF you choose to solely focus on one of those mentioned then that is your problem. I dont hide behind a first post like you do. I say what i have to. That is why i got banned in the first place.

It also appears to me that English is also not your strong point. Fine. English is my second language and i can make allowances for people such as yourself but dont presume i said that kids playing this game are the only reason as to why this game is being held back as that just makes you look like an illiterate person who cant read. UBI has held back the game for obvious reasons that most of us can see. Need i mention them?

I am sick of a company that thinks of nothing but fleecing their customers with endless, pointless, bug riddled DLC - that is actually on the disk, mind you. Not even going to mention the fact that this game is now PAY TO WIN if you play the MP portion of it. Dont even get me started on the actual games themselves. While no game gets released without bugs i have never seen a franchise take off with this many game breaking bugs UPON release to the public. We are talking about stuff, just as in Revelations, that SHOULD have been caught in BETA yet is left to the public to find. Why bother buying the game new at all since the past few games have only been playable, if at all, when they are in the bargain bin and have been patched up to correct all that has been found by the buying public?

This game has been released on consoles with a STANDARDIZED set of hardware, unlike the PC's configuration which will invariably vary and introduce issues yet they still lef tin tons of simply bugs that would have been found had they done any testing at all. Did you look at the list of bugs? Or you just defending the game with your one post count because you are too ashamed to admit you are a french speaking 10 year old fanboi and was offended that i actually pointed my finger at the younger generation? It's kids - among other groups - with their mindless, zombie-like fascination with a game that is causing the DLC phenomena and crappy releases. You buy crap so they make more of it. You have not learned from making bad purchases yet or dont care.

I liked this franchise but am fast getting turned off. I broke my Revelations disk in half as the game is just unplayable in both the single player and multiplayer. Mp is filled with game breaking bugs, mechanics, such as knives bouncing off of people and defense being so overpowered offense is afraid to even go near people. Single player is....well, lets just leave it at that because i am not gonna waste any more of my time on that issue as it is pointless and no more patches are going to be released.

I am sure tons of people worked on this new game and i do appreciate the fact that certain issues were corrected such as music and whispers being on separate tracks.That is just one of my pet peeves that i had in Revelations. I was going deaf trying to hear who was coming and in the end i just had to give it up as my ears are more important to me than the game. At the end of the day it is also the concurrent development cycle of multiple games that is causing issues since you wont know what people do not like if you introduce it to more than one game at a time and then are stuck with it since you wrote code for more than one game.

Have a nice day!

LilyasAvalon
11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I could care less about delays at this point in time. There's no shortage of people who upload it to youtube after all, and we often get the version of the game that's bug and glitch free.

steeljacket488
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I just hope that Port or not they make a good PC game, Hope being the word. But as fare as both your comments go, your opinions are noted and they both have there validity. So I say peace brothers, words and difference of opinions are not worth throwing insults at each other.

Razrback16
11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Truthfully because their developer team either isn't very good, or is understaffed. Many other companies release games on all platforms on the same date. I am glad they release on the superior PC, though. As stated by some other folks here, it gives them an opportunity to develop on current-generation hardware platforms like DX11 instead of 8 year old DX9 technology due to the limitations of the vastly inferior consoles. I finished playing AC3 on XBOX (rented it from Blockbuster for a few bucks) this past week and it's choppy with a ton of aliasing and low quality textures to make it playable on the consoles. Despite not liking the game overall for a number of reasons I outlined in their feedback thread, I will purchase it for PC because I love the series, and this game is going to look FANTASTIC on a properly built and configured gaming rig PC.

MrLee95
11-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Fourtotal you make a lot of valid points. But tone your sh*t down and don't do any name calling. People will listen to you better.

I agree with ya! And the micro-transactions are a stupid and it sucks seeing that people give in and buy this crap because the are too lazy to work for it in a game! "convenience.... my a*s!!"

And has there been anything "Official" on the DX11 for PC's? On Steam/Gamestop for max system setting I see DX10.....
And how things went with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier what we got was an un-optimized console port that had major CPU issues/limitations with DX11.

That makes me really worry about AC3!

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Guys, the micro payments are completely optional...

“The Erudito Credits are a new way of unlocking content in ACIII Multiplayer.
People who have little time can use Erudito Credits as a shortcut to unlock game items from level 1 to 50 (excluding Prestige levels and relics rewards). This is not mandatory, all items sold in Erudito Credits are also available in Abstergo Credits and can be unlocked through normal progression like previous years.”

It has also been confirmed that AC3 does have DX11 support - the official reason for the slightly later release date was due to the process of optimisation.

Reminder to all - please post in a civil manner ;)

MrLee95
11-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Guys, the micro payments are completely optional...

“The Erudito Credits are a new way of unlocking content in ACIII Multiplayer.
People who have little time can use Erudito Credits as a shortcut to unlock game items from level 1 to 50 (excluding Prestige levels and relics rewards). This is not mandatory, all items sold in Erudito Credits are also available in Abstergo Credits and can be unlocked through normal progression like previous years.”

It has also been confirmed that AC3 does have DX11 support - the official reason for the slightly later release date was due to the process of optimisation.

Thank you for the DX11 info!

Also since the Micro payments are optional, is there an optional way to get these items in game WITHOUT micro payments?
IE: Grinding Levels or whatnot?

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Also since the Micro payments are optional, is there an optional way to get these items in game WITHOUT micro payments?
As it says - you can unlock everything in the normal way - through progression and using Abstergo Credits?

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Well it has DX11 but will see how badly it runs on PC considering that AC3 PC port is handle by Ubisoft Kiev.GRFS ring any bells...
Dont get your hopes to high you may be dissapointed.Ubisoft are lazy when it comes to PC as usual and this slightly later release date was due to the process of optimisation is full of crap they had 3 years to do that but as usual us the PC gamers always get the middle finger from Ubisoft.They hate us wery much.

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 05:57 PM
But hey we are talking about Ubisoft here so we should not be surprise anymore about anything they do.

Pleasefixmyacc
11-09-2012, 05:58 PM
But then again they did port AC:R didnt they? And that went fine :P

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 06:00 PM
But then again they did port AC:R didnt they? And that went fine :P

It was a miracle(ACR).They also port GRFS with DX 11 and it turn out a big mess.

Razrback16
11-09-2012, 07:48 PM
They could always do what Crytek did with Crysis 2 and release with DX9 quickly so that it's available for purchase, and then release a DX11 & High Resolution Texture pack a few weeks later that can be installed to further advance the game to current technology / graphics levels that the consoles don't have a prayer of handling.

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
The only reason AC3 is delayed on PC is piracy they want to sold as much as possible on console then release on PC.They wont admit so instead they came with this miracle optimization and DX11.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Well it has DX11 but will see how badly it runs on PC considering that AC3 PC port is handle by Ubisoft Kiev.GRFS ring any bells...
Dont get your hopes to high you may be dissapointed.Ubisoft are lazy when it comes to PC as usual and this slightly later release date was due to the process of optimisation is full of crap they had 3 years to do that but as usual us the PC gamers always get the middle finger from Ubisoft.They hate us wery much.
Lets not jump to conclusions..

The team have been working for a while on the title, so lets see what the reviews and gamers say.

You do seem very vocal about the game, so maybe worth while waiting for the reviews to surface, rather than using other titles as an example of how Ubisoft "hates" you..?

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
So i pay 60$ for GRFS it was a crapy port an that is fine by you right.But hey my bad i will not make the same mistake again.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2012, 09:08 PM
So i pay 60$ for GRFS it was a crapy port an that is fine by you right.But hey my bad i will not make the same mistake again.while I understand your frustration with GRFS - this is not that game..

The team making the PC version of AC3 are adding in a lot of features such as DX11 - higher resolution textures etc and apparently the game is looking the best version to date, according to the official twitter..

however I can understand your reluctance to believe that, however you should also be aware that different people are working on different games..

while its still the same devision of Ubi working on the game, it maybe completely different people, working on a different engine.. So it may well turn out different from either driver or GRFS..?

I'm sure there will be some information about the DX11 support etc soon, however that may not answer all of your questions.

However as always, you have the choice to wait and see, should you wish ;)

Bucur92
11-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I hope you're right and we will get a good port.

BlastThyName
11-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I have to admit I echo Bucur's feelings.

It's a good thing for a PC version to feature DX11 effects but it should not be used as an excuse each time someone questions the quality of the port.

No matter how you slice it they ARE reasons to be concerned about AC3 on PC especially when we know that Ubisoft Kiev (GR Future Soldier...) are behind the port AFAIK.
Sure they may be things to consider before claiming that the PC version will suck, and I know very well that working on a different engine is not an easy task. As I've stated in a previous thread I do understand that there are parameters to take into account : the budget they were given and the time at their disposal.

I have no idea how easy or challenging it must be to work on DX11 features (or other graphical enhancements) so I won't comment on their skills (or the lack thereof).

I just hope that whatever they are doing with the port it will turn out good.

It would be a smart move to inform the audience what specific graphical features will be supported, aside from tessellation and high-res textures we know nothing.
What about volumetric lights ? Sub-surface scattering ? Parallax occlusion mapping ?

ThexKezza
11-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I would kill for a screenshot of PC graphics compared to Console!!
It would make my day, and give me a lot more urge to get this game because I know what the results will be.
(CONSOLES SUCK!):p

soccer06
11-10-2012, 06:06 AM
while I understand your frustration with GRFS - this is not that game..

The team making the PC version of AC3 are adding in a lot of features such as DX11 - higher resolution textures etc and apparently the game is looking the best version to date, according to the official twitter..

however I can understand your reluctance to believe that, however you should also be aware that different people are working on different games..

while its still the same devision of Ubi working on the game, it maybe completely different people, working on a different engine.. So it may well turn out different from either driver or GRFS..?

I'm sure there will be some information about the DX11 support etc soon, however that may not answer all of your questions.

This is what I've said a few times: If AC 3 for PC has its own team (which is a very good thing to hear!), why were they not able to release it on time, with the Xbox and PS3 versions? Other companies "optimize" their PC versions, yet it is still released on time. Seeing as how this is Ubisoft's "flagship" title, I would like to have faith that the PC version will do it justice. However given Ubisoft's track record, one can't help but be at least a little skeptical.

Bucur92
11-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I would kill for a screenshot of PC graphics compared to Console!!
It would make my day, and give me a lot more urge to get this game because I know what the results will be.
(CONSOLES SUCK!):p

It seems to me that they dont want to release any information about the PC version.1 week and 5 days to go and the only thing we know is DX11 support.Normaly we should have more information by now.Even the WII U gets more information than the PC at the moment.

dex3108BL
11-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Well as far as i remember PC release only get Launch trailer. So i don't think that we won\t get anything.

DarthTrolli
11-11-2012, 11:30 AM
The PC version is probably delayed, becasue they have to make sure that the mouse acceleration is not removable...

kalo.yanis
11-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Please, if you guys think that the delay of PC versions is anything but a marketing trick, you're sorely mistaken. They're simply trying to get users that have consoles and PC's to get the more expensive console version. It's a way of extracting consumer surplus akin to releasing "collector" editions. They're trying to get as much revenue as possible by selling almost the same product.

An added month wouldn't make a huge difference to the PC port for a game that's got a 2-3 year dev. cycle. Anyone remember how ACR for PC was leaked a week or two earlier than the release date? Yeah, it was finished.

Bucur92
11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Please, if you guys think that the delay of PC versions is anything but a marketing trick, you're sorely mistaken. They're simply trying to get users that have consoles and PC's to get the more expensive console version. It's a way of extracting consumer surplus akin to releasing "collector" editions. They're trying to get as much revenue as possible by selling almost the same product.

An added month wouldn't make a huge difference to the PC port for a game that's got a 2-3 year dev. cycle. Anyone remember how ACR for PC was leaked a week or two earlier than the release date? Yeah, it was finished.

You are right and the same thing will happen to AC3 will get leaked 1 week earlier than the release date.You will see...

Persojet
11-11-2012, 04:31 PM

I really wish for the sake of the ubisoft this is completely true because GRFS was so utter crap on PC. Chat and everything was unusable in there, everytime anything happens in that menu your message gets wiped and it's all over again and just wish you can hit enter before it wipes again. AND that is the least of the worries with that game.

I'm buying AC3 for PC and if that happens to be same thing I will never ever buy anything from ubisoft. But anyways, hopes are up and hopefully they have learned their lesson with that in mind. Few of my friends won't even buy AC3 anymore because of GRFS crap porting.

Ichthys91
11-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I never understood why people rant so much when the PC version of a game is delayed. While you will have to wait a couple of weeks to play it, there are many advantages (not all of them may apply to AC3, but have been done to other games): fixed bugs found on the console version, complete version with previously released DLCs, more time means higher chance of having a good port, criticisms found of the console version being addressed, etc, etc...

kalo.yanis
11-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Just about the only benefit of a one month wait is potential bug fixes. Question is, whether it's worth the wait and the likelihood of spoilers.

Pleasefixmyacc
11-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Just about the only benefit of a one month wait is potential bug fixes. Question is, whether it's worth the wait and the likelihood of spoilers.

With all the bugs in the game atm i think its worth the wait =)

Bucur92
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I think we will see a day one patch just like the console had which is not a bad thing.Patches are welcome as long as they fix the game not broke it.

RenaudV
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM

When you say a lot of features, do you mean that they'll all be technical features like DX11, or some of them actual gameplay differences/additions?

Death_Angel733
11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Just a question, do you like playing AC with a Keyboard? I used to play on PC but the controls for Mouse + Keyboard feels awkward compared to a controller. They (Ubisoft) said that AC is better played with a controller. Maybe I'm just used to the FPS setup with a PC.

The reason why the game is delayed is because of Hardware issues. They have to make sure the game works on different computers with different specs combinations. It's pretty time consuming but don't worry, they'll compensate you just like the previous games. For now, stay away from the Internet because even in other Video Game YT videos, you get AC spoilers in the comments.

WarlordSpinal
11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't think it really matters anymore. The game comes out next week, we should all be happy and hope for the best.

I'm just trying to make time go faster, myself.

BzkGB
11-14-2012, 08:51 PM
They have to make sure the game works on different computers with different specs combinations. It's pretty time consuming but don't worry, they'll compensate you just like the previous games.

I doubt it. The delay for AC3 on PC is pretty short compared to older games like AC/AC2/ACB, and those were the only ones where PC players were compensated a little (if I remember correctly). Although I wouldn't say no to something extra :)

FourTotal
11-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Just a question, do you like playing AC with a Keyboard? I used to play on PC but the controls for Mouse + Keyboard feels awkward compared to a controller. They (Ubisoft) said that AC is better played with a controller. Maybe I'm just used to the FPS setup with a PC.

The reason why the game is delayed is because of Hardware issues. They have to make sure the game works on different computers with different specs combinations. It's pretty time consuming but don't worry, they'll compensate you just like the previous games. For now, stay away from the Internet because even in other Video Game YT videos, you get AC spoilers in the comments.

I have played both and find the controller to be a whole new world i do not want to take part of. I cannot for the life of me make my view turn around fast enough with the controller so i gave up. For me the mouse us SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster and more comfortable to use.

soccer06
11-15-2012, 05:39 AM
I have played both and find the controller to be a whole new world i do not want to take part of. I cannot for the life of me make my view turn around fast enough with the controller so i gave up. For me the mouse us SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster and more comfortable to use.

You make a good point. I've always played the AC series on PC, but I've always used a controller to do so. Maybe this time I will give the keyboard and mouse a try.

Pleasefixmyacc
11-15-2012, 10:41 AM
You make a good point. I've always played the AC series on PC, but I've always used a controller to do so. Maybe this time I will give the keyboard and mouse a try.

I've played using both, using mouse sure makes looking around easier, and controller makes freerunning more exact. For me it comes down to how important it is with pinpoint accuracy regarding targetting.

WarlordSpinal
11-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I think, once you master the Keyboard and mouse controls, it's a lot easier.

You get a very precise feel for beam positioning and speed with a keyboard, it becomes natural.

So really, it's just a matter of what you're used to.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2012, 12:24 PM
When you say a lot of features, do you mean that they'll all be technical features like DX11, or some of them actual gameplay differences/additions?
Features of DX11 [the game is the same as console in terms of storyline / gameplay etc]

The Devs have shared some details on DX11 / PC features...

Multimonitor and extra wide monitor support for both Eyefinity and nVidia surround.

Tessellation supported

Environment quality (normal, high, very high):
· Increases loading range
· Increases the LOD quality
Texture quality :
· Normal = console quality
· High = full rez textures we had available. Most of the world is 2x the rez, some stuff like animals can be 4 or 16x.
Anti-aliasing quality:
· Normal: FXAA (similar quality to console FXAA we shipped with on 360/PS3)
· High: FXAA with highest possible setting
· Very high: TXAA 4x (or FXAA+MSAA4x on AMD cards)
Shadow quality:
· Normal: console-like shadow map resolution and filtering
· High: 2x shadow map resolution
· Very high:
o 2x shadow map resolution
o new Hexagonal filter (as well as cross-cascade blending)
o Improved Ambient Occlusion algorithm

So, it should push everyone's graphics cards HARD!

Bucur92
11-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Features of DX11 [the game is the same as console in terms of storyline / gameplay etc]

The Devs have shared some details on DX11 / PC features...

Multimonitor and extra wide monitor support for both Eyefinity and nVidia surround.

Tessellation supported

Environment quality (normal, high, very high):
· Increases loading range
· Increases the LOD quality
Texture quality :
· Normal = console quality
· High = full rez textures we had available. Most of the world is 2x the rez, some stuff like animals can be 4 or 16x.
Anti-aliasing quality:
· Normal: FXAA (similar quality to console FXAA we shipped with on 360/PS3)
· High: FXAA with highest possible setting
· Very high: TXAA 4x (or FXAA+MSAA4x on AMD cards)
Shadow quality:
· Normal: console-like shadow map resolution and filtering
· High: 2x shadow map resolution
· Very high:
o 2x shadow map resolution
o new Hexagonal filter (as well as cross-cascade blending)
o Improved Ambient Occlusion algorithm

So, it should push everyone's graphics cards HARD!

Nice:DCan't wait to receive my copy on 23 november.Thanks for the info Mr_Shade.

Persojet
11-16-2012, 05:11 PM

Well this makes the wait excruciating..

Hope the menus and everything else goes on bar with what you are putting in the graphics work!

Hopefully it still runs on my PC

Only i7-2600k and GTX 670, is there some requirements released what it needs run maxed out @ atleast 60 fps? and what kind on VRAM usage can we expect? How about RAM, does it utilize 64-bit addressing or is it limited to 4GB of RAM?

BTW Any news on the pre-load on steam?

dex3108BL
11-19-2012, 08:58 AM
PC Video settings

http://s19.postimage.org/p18x5j21t/AC3_SP_2012_11_18_19_36_59_50.png

adpackman
11-19-2012, 04:36 PM
All the delays are fine by me if it's not too long and they are announced early enough. If they tell us 2 weeks before the release that it is delayed-- fine. Two days before, not cool. I tend to go on with my life and other things until the day before then start my internal count down.

Persojet
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
PC Video settings..

wtf, still these console menus on PC, haven't they heard of mouse?! In revelations they really sucked to adjust graphics, thankfully I have to go there once. In memory of those who have to adjust them.

Anyways, have heard good about the game! Is the hood up patch (end of the week for consoles) on PC for the launch?

MT4K
11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
The thanksgiving patch will need to be downloaded.

Persojet
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
But it is available at launch?

MT4K
11-19-2012, 07:03 PM
It should be yes.

Soulece
11-19-2012, 10:23 PM
wtf, still these console menus on PC, haven't they heard of mouse?! In revelations they really sucked to adjust graphics, thankfully I have to go there once. In memory of those who have to adjust them.

Anyways, have heard good about the game! Is the hood up patch (end of the week for consoles) on PC for the launch?

To be honest, I don't know how you guys manage to play AC with M&KB. I couldn't stand it so I just play my AC PC games with my 360 controller (all it's good for anymore since I never use my 360 except for 360 exclusive games.)

ThaWhistle
11-19-2012, 11:48 PM
The lack of a steam pre-load right now is rustling my jimmies.... 17gb of pure pain right there....

IDefectedI
11-20-2012, 02:48 PM

I believe ubisoft will change its tone soon . The fact is PC gaming is growing at a rapid pace and will soon surpass the console market . Gaming industry is about to progress into a new beast and even Epic studios knows it - Reason why they are developing a PC exclusive .

Subuknam
11-20-2012, 02:54 PM
where the heck do i download this at.,.. i cant find it!!!!

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 02:59 PM
where the heck do i download this at.,.. i cant find it!!!!
If you purchased the game, your retailer should give you a link to the download and a product key.

NA releases today - EU on the 22/23

Subuknam
11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah i did purchess it from Ubishop it said go to the order page and click on the download link.. but there is no link their. not sure where else i am supposed to go.. i also did not get any product key in my email just a invoice basically. and if i have to wait till the 23rd to get this i might as well just get my refund and go buy a copy from game stop or best buy, no reason for me to be waiting to DIGITALLY DL something if i have to wait 3 days after the fact. I have a right mind to go make a pay pal claim right now against you guys.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah i did purchess it from Ubishop it said go to the order page and click on the download link.. but there is no link their. not sure where else i am supposed to go.. i also did not get any product key in my email just a invoice basically. and if i have to wait till the 23rd to get this i might as well just get my refund and go buy a copy from game stop or best buy, no reason for me to be waiting to DIGITALLY DL something if i have to wait 3 days after the fact. I have a right mind to go make a pay pal claim right now against you guys.
If you are outside of the US - the release date was never the 20th why did you think it was?

If you are in the US - the release date is the 20th and you should get your download later today, it's still early there and emails with keys will be going out shortly - at which point the download button will work.

Subuknam
11-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Exactly what time will they be going out.. do you have a time frame.. im eager to play ac3 yo.. and yea im in the US.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Exactly what time will they be going out.. do you have a time frame.. im eager to play ac3 yo.. and yea im in the US.
No, sorry I don't.

However it's still early morning in the US - so I expect in the next few hours.

kalo.yanis
11-21-2012, 12:48 AM
To all those that were confident Ubisoft delayed the PC version to optimise it properly and get rid of bugs - where is your God now? :p

No, but seriously, the state of affairs is disappointing.

MaceMagoo
11-21-2012, 01:05 AM
To be honest, I don't know how you guys manage to play AC with M&KB. I couldn't stand it so I just play my AC PC games with my 360 controller (all it's good for anymore since I never use my 360 except for 360 exclusive games.)

AC games are far better with mouse and keyboard as that is the way games are meant to be played. Console controllers are so unintuitive.

tank_dogg06
11-21-2012, 01:14 AM
AC games are far better with mouse and keyboard as that is the way games are meant to be played. Console controllers are so unintuitive.

Too right mate. The only games controllers are necessary is sports games. I'm all about mouse & keyboard.

JohnRoss1967
06-10-2013, 04:37 AM
tha's a kinda HARSH reply to a wo/man who was just asking for help in a public forum, dude...

Anykeyer
06-10-2013, 05:59 AM
tha's a kinda HARSH reply to a wo/man who was just asking for help in a public forum, dude...
This is none of your concern, funny dude
I find it rather interesting how some ppl think they can tell others what to do or judge other's actions/words, expecially on public.
They think they will look so cool, but in reality it always has only 1 effect - you look silly.
Trying to teach me manners is harsh, Im a big boy and l know where is the line. See what I did?

Locopells
06-10-2013, 09:30 AM
He's trolling mate - his first post is to necro a 7-month old thread?!