PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 3 Getting game early??

Legendz54
10-12-2012, 12:31 AM
As we all know AC3 is approaching the launch date quickly and i am trying to make up my mind on what to do..

Should I order from Eb games Australia, and have an opportunity of getting it a few days early? Is eb games known for shipping them to you early?? or have you ever gotten previous AC games early?

Or should I just get it from the midnight launch from 10- 12pm a day early?

Also if anyone has any questions regarding their game shops and how early they ship AC3 feel free to post them here.

tre289
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Patience is a virtue.

Legendz54
10-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Patience is a virtue.

You should know by now that "Patience" and "AC3" dont mix well...

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Patience is a virtue.
Patience ? Is that a type of food ? What ?

GunnarGunderson
10-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Sometimes family owned businesses break street dates and sell early out of simple ignorance or greed. I was going to burglarize a warehouse but I've since come to learn that that kind of thing is illegal

Legendz54
10-12-2012, 01:02 AM
so no one has ever got it a few days early due to shipping??

Magic man.. Widow please close this thread its getting nowhere..

ignition11
10-12-2012, 02:24 AM
I don't think there is any sure-fire way of getting it early...

rileypoole1234
10-12-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm getting it on the midnight launch, how can I not? I have heard of people getting it a couple days early because they ordered it online or something, but I'll just wait for the midnight release.

MT4K
10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
No sure-fire way to get it early. Just depends on who you order it from and where you are at like that. If you know a particular place that usually delivers early then best to stick to them :p.

Legendz54
10-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Cool.. thanks for the answers guys..

Still not sure which option i should go with, It would be a dream come true if the game came a week early, but thats not guaranteed...

Assassinsyk
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
There's a good chance you can get it early from ordering online, since they make up for postal time and send it before date. Then again, you might just get it later than release because the postman went postal. I have previously had success with ordering from multiple shops, and since they have full refund, I'll just keep the one who came firsthand return the other(s). If none of them arrive by 29th, you get the midnight one.

Then again, it's the trouble of balancing this against what pre-order bonuses you want, so either way we,re all doomed.

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Cool.. thanks for the answers guys..

Still not sure which option i should go with, It would be a dream come true if the game came a week early, but thats not guaranteed...
That's VERY unlikely..

Most online stores ship it a couple of days or - 3 at most - before release, to guarantee you have it in hand for the release day - sometimes you have it a couple of days before - but a week is really pushing it..

Unless it's international - and with both your at the mercy of shipping - and it could turn up after release - if it's delayed..

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
That's VERY unlikely..

Most online stores ship it a couple of days or - 3 at most - before release, to guarantee you have it in hand for the release day - sometimes you have it a couple of days before - but a week is really pushing it..

Unless it's international - and with both your at the mercy of shipping - and it could turn up after release - if it's delayed..

And if it is delayed we tell you how awesome it is until you cry.

True_Assassin92
10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
That's VERY unlikely..

Last year I got it 4 days before release:p. This year I'll probably have it a day before release. It really depends on where you pre-order it. Over here it's usual to get the game before European release date. :D

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Last year I got it 4 days before release:p. This year I'll probably have it a day before release. It really depends on where you pre-order it. Over here it's usual to get the game before European release date. :D

Where did you order from ...

True_Assassin92
10-12-2012, 10:30 AM
At that store you can even win a life-size statue of Connor. It's almost 2 meters. I don't know if any other stores offer the chance to win something like that lol. :p

an-assassin
10-12-2012, 11:00 AM
I got revelations four days early from ubishop last year :)

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I got revelations four days early from ubishop last year :)
They normally ship early - due to being international ;)

They aim to have the game at your door for release - however depends on the postal service.

last year some people got it on the day, rather than before - so it's pot luck tbh

Having the game earlier - is a bonus, but it's not for certain ;)

Only people are sure to get it a week or so before - are going to be the reviewers [or staff] :(

EscoBlades
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Only people are sure to get it a week or so before - are going to be the reviewers [or staff] :(

:D ;)

Also, didn't a French retailer break street date last year, forcing most others to jump the gun a bit? I know my Animus edition was with me almost a full week in advance.

Assassinsyk
10-12-2012, 11:13 AM
There's a good chance you can get it early from ordering online, since they make up for postal time and send it before date. Then again, you might just get it later than release because the postman went postal. I have previously had success with ordering from multiple shops, and since they have full refund, I'll just keep the one who came firsthand return the other(s). If none of them arrive by 29th, you get the midnight one.

Then again, it's the trouble of balancing this against what pre-order bonuses you want, so either way we,re all doomed.

Good point man. It's weird that nobody in this thread is commenting on your genius. Guess you'll get your reward all by yourself come pre-release.

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM

Also, didn't a French retailer break street date last year, forcing most others to jump the gun a bit? I know my Animus edition was with me almost a full week in advance.
we don't talk about that..

:P

TBH - some stores may break release date - which is very naughty ;) , but it will be bricks and mortar stores - so you have to go and buy it..

ordering online - it should be as per normal..

EscoBlades
10-12-2012, 11:20 AM
we don't talk about that..

:P

TBH - some stores may break release date - which is very naughty ;) , but it will be bricks and mortar stores - so you have to go and buy it..

ordering online - it should be as per normal..

So see you online later for some Wolfpack yeah? ;) (just kidding everyone else)

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 11:23 AM

Hahaha you suck so much, you know why!

Legendz54
10-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Hmmm Ubishop ships early that it gets to your door a few days early.. I definitely know that if i preorder i will have a heart attack every day thinking if its going to be delayed or not..

Or i could just get it October 30 midnight release..

Assassinsyk
10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Good point man. It's weird that nobody in this thread is commenting on your genius. Guess you'll get your reward all by yourself come pre-release.

Thanks bro, good someone noticed. All these people getting heart attacks when they could just go for this simple life hack instead.

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
So see you online later for some Wolfpack yeah? ;) (just kidding everyone else)
you;re a few days early :P as you KNOW :P

True_Assassin92
10-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks bro, good someone noticed. All these people getting heart attacks when they could just go for this simple life hack instead.

....you really are talking to yourself aren't you? :confused:

Layytez
10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Esco why must you teeeaase

Mrnilsman
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
I am just going to buy it in a store on the release day because i don't want to have to wait for the postman. I might still get it a day before official release since my local store often gives games out earlier :)

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 03:22 PM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/23939_3655850326156_209845261_n.jpg

Disclaimer: This is a friend's copy

You make me sad.

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 03:52 PM
He makes everyone sad...

MT4K
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
He make's everyone sad...

make's? More of your random apostrophes Shade? :D.

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 04:01 PM
make's? More of your random apostrophes Shade? :D.it's called silly auto correct on android jelly bean - and fat fingers on a Nexus 7 :P

MT4K
10-12-2012, 04:02 PM
it's called silly auto correct on android jelly bean - and fat fingers on a Nexus 7 :P

More like auto incorrect if that's what it does :p.

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
That's my story and I'm sticking to it..

EscoBlades
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
He makes everyone sad...

I'm sorry *cries*

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry *cries*

You and your friends are like early AC3 copy hoarders :(

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
You and your friends are like early AC3 copy hoarders :(
I wouldn't worry - no one has a copy to play yet ;)

And those who may do soon.. won't be talking about it...

MT4K
10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
And those who may do soon.. won't be talking about it...

They will be too busy playing it....

Mr_Shade
10-12-2012, 04:33 PM
They will be too busy playing it....
They will also be covered by an embargo - to stop spoiling it for others ;)

freddie_1897
10-12-2012, 04:35 PM
i have never seen a mod on mod conversation that long in a while

Sgt_Alistair
10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
They will also be covered by an embargo - to stop spoiling it for others ;)

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/C/Fidel-Castro-9241487-2-402.jpg

ACfan443
10-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Why was that picture of the game case removed?

pacmanate
10-12-2012, 06:27 PM
i have never seen a mod on mod conversation that long in a while

It makes me giddy

dewgel
10-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Review copies have been shipped oddly early this time around, according to a few people out there, but I don't think we should expect the retail copies to come early.

As said many times before, Ubisoft are working very closely to alot of retailers this time around and I'd be very surprised if anyone broke the street release.

Basically; if retailers break street release dates, Ubisoft don't get the figures through.

So for example, if 50,000 copies were sold prior to the release date, and then 3,000,000 were sold on release day, Ubisoft would only ever publish / get the figures for the 3,000,000.

It's all political really but that's how it works and that's why publishers get upset about it, they work hard on financial predictions for their investors, and if those figures are wrong, then they go nuts.