PDA

View Full Version : Requsting a Developer to step into the forums

one9-delta
10-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I, and I think others would like to see a developer step into the forums and answer some of the questions that the forum managers don"t have. I think that this would allow most users who have still some glimmering hope that the game will one day work as well as consoles do. I believe that the venting to developers( If they had any honor and respect for PC users) would give us some hope on what we can expect before the year is done. The forum managers do there best to keep us informed(except secrets) without withholding any information they receive.

Does anyone else feel this way?

RAPXTOR
10-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I, and I think others would like to see a developer step into the forums and answer some of the questions that the forum managers don"t have. I think that this would allow most users who have still some glimmering hope that the game will one day work as well as consoles do. I believe that the venting to developers( If they had any honor and respect for PC users) would give us some hope on what we can expect before the year is done. The forum managers do there best to keep us informed(except secrets) without withholding any information they receive.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Hello, yes im with you, I wanted to understand why all this secrets, but I dont believe this is going to happen, altrought I whysh to be wrong.

GustyX
10-11-2012, 11:10 PM
+1
Developer comes to forum, we ask, she/he answers the question. This way will be the simplest.
But I dont hink, someone from the developers will come to this forum....

CosyPigeon
10-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Whilst it would be nice to chat to a developer, considering it's been a few months since release and PC is still miles behind consoles, perhaps it would be best if they spent their time working on the PC version rather than providing assurances in the forums. Personally I'd rather hear from the Producers, they're the guys in charge (and thus probably the guys telling the developers to focus on consoles despite this mess with the PC version).

SimplyAkri
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
This would be nice because then i would want my money from directly developer.

CosyPigeon
10-12-2012, 03:17 PM
This would be nice because then i would want my money from directly developer.

Hate to break to to you pal, but the developer doesn't have you're money, the producer does. And it's not the developers fault that the PC version is in such a crappy state either, they just do what they're told by Ubisoft because they love making games and don't want to get fired or have their studio go bankrupt. It's fine to be angry about the PC version, I am too, but you should make sure your anger is directed at the right people.

tmPH.Tenspeed
10-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Hate to break to to you pal, but the developer doesn't have you're money, the producer does. And it's not the developers fault that the PC version is in such a crappy state either, they just do what they're told by Ubisoft because they love making games and don't want to get fired or have their studio go bankrupt. It's fine to be angry about the PC version, I am too, but you should make sure your anger is directed at the right people.

Speaking about directing your anger to the right people, it's Ubisoft Kiev that handled the porting of the game to the PC. Not the three Ubisoft divisions you see at the startup screen of the game.

SimplyAkri
10-13-2012, 09:14 AM

Ubisoft Kiev ported this game into PC, Not one of main Ubisoft devs like Montreal or Redstorm. It is developer's fault that game is in such a big mess.

Aethiuss
10-13-2012, 02:06 PM
it's still Ubisoft and it's still their responsibility

ecma4
10-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Ubisoft Kiev ported this game into PC, Not one of main Ubisoft devs like Montreal or Redstorm. It is developer's fault that game is in such a big mess.

I doubt things are quite that simple. For example,

1. How long were they given to do the job?
2. Who's decision was it to release the game as broken as it was?
3. How big is the team working on this project?
4. What budget were they given?

These are all things Kiev may have had no control over, and would directly relate to the game we received.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi guys, we have two Community Developers Ubi_Antoine http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/449072-Ubi_Antoine and Ubi-Brock http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1255868-Ubi-Brock they both read the forums regularly and answer questions.

Forum Managers also pass on questions, suggestions and feedback regularly (in most cases daily) to the team, the answers we post come directly from the developers.