PDA

View Full Version : MY AC3 hopes.

goldhawk1_246
10-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Now, I've played all the assassin's creed games, except for one which I watched someone beat and played part of.

Playing through each game really makes me hope that certain things get fixed/changed.

1. Make desmond better. Desmond's story has been pretty lame, and I dislike playing his portion of the story in every game. I heard Desmond was going to be a huge part of this story so...I hope it'll be much more enjoyable.

2. Why is it that a highly trained assassin can't walk through a crowd without tripping over himself and others so easily? I'd like to be able to plow through crowds when trying to get away without falling down for 30 seconds.

3. Combat in this series has improved a lot, but it doesn't quite feel "there" yet. It feels like it could still be polished up a bit.

4. Climbing suuuucks. It always takes me a while to figure out how to do it in every game (properly that is) and it's pretty dang slow, and on top of that you always have to spiral around buildings in order to keep climbing which takes even longer.

5. Killing more people would be nice. It's so much fun to just run around and silently take down random people and hide their bodies and stuff. We can't do that though, otherwise we have to restart to a previous checkpoint. I know it's all about memories and that never happened in their memories but it'd still be nice to just wander around and do stuff just for the heck of it.

6. Change up the "god" story a bit. I loved hearing about them in 1 and 2. I can't recall brotherhood but in revelations it was just a little too much. It got hella confusing and lost a lot of the mystical appeal, are there two apples of eden? idk..

Not sure if they even care how fans feel about the series but I hope they take some of this into consideration. I'm also looking forward to assassin's creed 3 a great deal! I've been avoiding all news as to not spoil anything for me.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Too much... Just... too much.. Are you even sure you played 3 AC games ? Wow..

goldhawk1_246
10-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Very, very positive I have. It's not too much though...I still find them enjoyable but some of the things (like stumbling all over the place when you bump into one old lady) are kind of silly.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Very, very positive I have. It's not too much though...I still find them enjoyable but some of the things (like stumbling all over the place when you bump into one old lady) are kind of silly.
You did not know that you could press circle to shove people out of your way ? that there are at least 6 apples ? That TWCB are Humans ? That you COULD take down people silently in missions ?, its the other way around, you lose sync when you DON'T kill silently..

goldhawk1_246
10-11-2012, 03:57 AM
You did not know that you could press circle to shove people out of your way ? that there are at least 6 apples ? That TWCB are Humans ? That you COULD take down people silently in missions ?, its the other way around, you lose sync when you DON'T kill silently..

I do know that I can press circle to shove people out of the way, but it shouldn't be necessary. If I'm in the higher tier action mode by holding down one of the buttons (I'm seriously forgetting names here) my character should know to avoid tripping and stumbling over people, it just ruins the flow of the game

No, I didn't know about the 6 apples, when was that mentioned?

TWCB, don't know what that is.

And lastly @the killing silently you didn't read that properly...

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm not even sure what to make of this... Climbing is ridiculously easy, you can shove everyone out of you way, and you can kill thousands of guards at a whim...

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:03 AM
I do know that I can press circle to shove people out of the way, but it shouldn't be necessary. If I'm in the higher tier action mode by holding down one of the buttons (I'm seriously forgetting names here) my character should know to avoid tripping and stumbling over people, it just ruins the flow of the game

No, I didn't know about the 6 apples, when was that mentioned?

TWCB, don't know what that is.

And lastly @the killing silently you didn't read that properly...
And make it easier ? You have the ability to shove people, use it..it shouldn't be automatic, its already easy as it is..
And regarding the 6 Apples....Actually play the games again (Specifically AC II)

TWCB= Those who came before AKA "Gods"

And lastly, That is the part where you Explain what I did not understand

goldhawk1_246
10-11-2012, 04:07 AM
nah, I came here thinking I was going to be able to have good conversation and actually try to improve the series but I ran into a big fanboy wall, thanks anyway. Peace out.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:08 AM
nah, I came here thinking I was going to be able to have good conversation and actually try to improve the series but I ran into a big fanboy wall, thanks anyway. Peace out.
What did I do ?

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:09 AM

Almost everything you requested is already in the game though...

projectpat06
10-11-2012, 05:29 AM
@Goldhawk, I'd suggest watching some of the developer videos for AC3 and you'll see that climbing, free running, and combat have all been redone and vastly improved. I do see you point kinda on being able to kill more people. In the past AC's it would possibly be around 4 to 8 guards in each fight free roaming which was fine until ACB when you could take them all out in seconds. I would always be like keep em coming!!! The one fight after escaping the Castle or whatever in Rome where you fought tons of guards was awesome. I think AC3 has improved on this and the combat/ number of enemies will be well balanced. As for the story on the "Gods", well, they were all outlandish but that's what was awesome about it. I mean think about it, even if you don't believe a certain religion, just the thought of whatever created us and what's the reason for any existence is something we can't comprehend. So any story about "gods" will be a bit too much but the AC story incorporates it very well.

deskp
10-11-2012, 06:07 AM
1. they are doing more desmond than ever.

2. how is it that youre not just watching a movie instead when you don't want to interact with the game. You hold a button to push people out of the way, if everything in the game was automated that wouldnt be all that great,

3. They are changing up the combat for ac3. how that feels i got no idea.

4. Having to spiral around some buildings to find the next handhold is part of the gameplay, everything can't be a straight line up. Connor looks to be climbing faster than previous assassins tho.

5. You want to be killing npc's? I find the desynch abit anoying too, but you can beat them up with your fists to the same result.

6. Personaly I like whats going on with The ones who came before. knowing what went on with them is integral to Desmonds story. The idea is they are not mystical. they were real people.

"nah, I came here thinking I was going to be able to have good conversation and actually try to improve the series but I ran into a big fanboy wall, thanks anyway. Peace out."

Seems kindof like you just want the game to make up for your own shortcomings when playing the game though.

tre289
10-11-2012, 07:13 AM
I assume what everyone is mis-interpereting when he said he'd enjoy being able to kill much more without having to restart is the same thing I am hoping for.

I absolutely do not like that I cannot kill random people without causing a desynch. I don't care if my ancestor never murdered any civilians, if I am outside of a mission allow me to kill civilians if i wish without causing me to desynch after 2 or 3 murdered civilians.

Atleast do it right and go the way of the first Assassins Creed and let me kill civilians without penalty when I complete the freakin game!

Why they didn't allow this at the end of ACII, AC:B. and AC:R baffles me...

I get bored after a while, and when I beat the game, I love killing people.. but having to kill one person, and wait a bit before I kill another because: "WARNING EZIO DID NOT KILL CIVILIANS" and "ATTENTION MURDERING CITIZENS WILL CAUSE A DESYNCH" and then actually being desynched when not even in a mission and not even dying after game completion is just stupid! :(

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 07:15 AM
I assume what everyone is mis-interpereting when he said he'd enjoy being able to kill much more without having to restart is the same thing I am hoping for.

I absolutely do not like that I cannot kill random people without causing a desynch. I don't care if my ancestor never murdered any civilians, if I am outside of a mission allow me to kill civilians if i wish without causing me to desynch after 2 or 3 murdered civilians.

Atleast do it right and go the way of the first Assassins Creed and let me kill civilians without penalty when I complete the freakin game!

Why they didn't allow this at the end of ACII, AC:B. and AC:R baffles me...

I get bored after a while, and when I beat the game, I love killing people.. but having to kill one person, and wait a bit before I kill another because: "WARNING EZIO DID NOT KILL CIVILIANS" and "ATTENTION MURDERING CITIZENS WILL CAUSE A DESYNCH" and then actually being desynched when not even in a mission and not even dying after game completion is just stupid! :(
No.. It just prevents the game from turning into a Medieval Grand theft Auto...

And you`v got the Guards who will actually fight back... Kill those, they`re infinite..

tre289
10-11-2012, 07:20 AM
No.. It just prevents the game from turning into a Medieval Grand theft Auto...

And you`v got the Guards who will actually fight back... Kill those, they`re infinite..

That's irrelevant to me. When the game is complete I should be able to atleast kill citizens at that point without penatly.

I don't feel like walking around looking for guards to kill, I like to play around with my games and start creating little stories and whatnot for myself to give me more reason to enjoy playing when I am done.

Whether it be from me playing around acting as if this specific looking civilian was a "target" of mine, or whether it be the fact that maybe I'd like to murder a few civilians, and leave the bodies for the guards to come and sicover later.

There's no reason to atleast not provide it upon completion of the game, as with AC 1

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 07:23 AM
That's irrelevant to me. When the game is complete I should be able to atleast kill citizens at that point without penatly.

I don't feel like walking around looking for guards to kill, I like to play around with my games and start creating little stories and whatnot for myself to give me more reason to enjoy playing when I am done.

Whether it be from me playing around acting as if this specific looking civilian was a "target" of mine, or whether it be the fact that maybe I'd like to murder a few civilians, and leave the bodies for the guards to come and sicover later.

There's no reason to atleast not provide it upon completion of the game, as with AC 1
Perhaps I`m just too dumb to understand your plight, because I really do not...

tre289
10-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Perhaps I`m just too dumb to understand your plight, because I really do not...

I understand.

I can try and help you feel about it as I do, or understand where I'm coming from and why atleast.

Basically, when I play AC ( any of them ) Or literally any game in general, I like to deviate from doing anything productive in the game from time to time, because I get caugh up in the game, I place myself in the role of the character essentially. As I play i imagine up all of these little scenarios, and stories, and things that will occur, and I play around in game for a bit. It's just a fun immersive thing I like to do, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

Sometimes, I'll feel like killing a civilain. maybe I'll have some nice weapon on hand, and I really enjoy it's execution type moves. (which I also enjoy performing upon civilians) It is just more fun to me that way. Nobody knows my reason for wanting to kill this civilian but me. I come in, muder them infront of plenty of onlookers, and leave. Moving on to the next. Or maybe I'll feel like performing these kill moves on a number of civilians. Being desynched for it its just a very large nuisance. I like killing the civilians and carryiong their bodies around, hiding them places, and just messing around with the civilians in general. Is wanting to do so in this way so bad in a game where you kill anyway?

Going around looking for guards just isn't the same thing. Neither is going around on rooftops looking for guards to fight there, nor running into groups of guards on the street, none of it provides the same effect, and immersive feeling to how I like playing the game. AC 1 and how they atleast allowed you to do this upon completion of the game made me very happy. For people who wanted to, they could, and for people who didn't want a "Medieval GTA" as you say, could choose not to kill them.

Heck.. Both sides could be appeased by allowing it to be a toggle option upon completion, like along the lines of unlocking and activating a cheat.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 08:21 AM
I understand.

I can try and help you feel about it as I do, or understand where I'm coming from and why atleast.

Basically, when I play AC ( any of them ) Or literally any game in general, I like to deviate from doing anything productive in the game from time to time, because I get caugh up in the game, I place myself in the role of the character essentially. As I play i imagine up all of these little scenarios, and stories, and things that will occur, and I play around in game for a bit. It's just a fun immersive thing I like to do, (and I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

Sometimes, I'll feel like killing a civilain. maybe I'll have some nice weapon on hand, and I really enjoy it's execution type moves. (which I also enjoy performing upon civilians) It is just more fun to me that way. Nobody knows my reason for wanting to kill this civilian but me. I come in, muder them infront of plenty of onlookers, and leave. Moving on to the next. Or maybe I'll feel like performing these kill moves on a number of civilians. Being desynched for it its just a very large nuisance. I like killing the civilians and carryiong their bodies around, hiding them places, and just messing around with the civilians in general. Is wanting to do so in this way so bad in a game where you kill anyway?

Going around looking for guards just isn't the same thing. Neither is going around on rooftops looking for guards to fight there, nor running into groups of guards on the street, none of it provides the same effect, and immersive feeling to how I like playing the game. AC 1 and how they atleast allowed you to do this upon completion of the game made me very happy. For people who wanted to, they could, and for people who didn't want a "Medieval GTA" as you say, could choose not to kill them.

Heck.. Both sides could be appeased by allowing it to be a toggle option upon completion, like along the lines of unlocking and activating a cheat.
Role Play ? I do that too xD

But I never really had a problem, because.... I kill a target (Civilian) and wait a long time to move to another target (Another Civilian) this whole Desync thing only applied when you killed 3 Civilians, so Unless Im going on a killing spree, I never really had a problem with Civilian Desync..

tre289
10-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Role Play ? I do that too xD

But I never really had a problem, because.... I kill a target (Civilian) and wait a long time to move to another target (Another Civilian) this whole Desync thing only applied when you killed 3 Civilians, so Unless Im going on a killing spree, I never really had a problem with Civilian Desync..

Yeah, Roleplay.

I was trying not to use that word specifically under the assumption that people who are offended by people who like to roleplay would enjoy expressing their hate for this type of play xP (happens everywhere I've been, sadly)

but for my style of roleplay at times, it can be a huge hinderance, and in most cases can just turn me off of the game leaving me bored significantly faster after completion. Which is why I hope/wish for atleast the feature to make a return from AC 1, and allow me to play freely upon completion.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah, but for my style of roleplay at times, it can be a huge hinderance, and in most cases can just turn me off of the game leaving me bored significantly faster after completion. Which is why I hope/wish for atleast the feature to make a return from AC 1, and allow me to play freely upon completion.
Ah well, I hope you get what you wish for, man...

deskp
10-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I wish killing a civillian would atleast make guards come around. I don't like that they don't care unless they see it with their own eyes.

You'd imagine atleast soemone would run off and report to the guards.

tre289
10-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Actually, there is one other thing I'm hoping for, animation wise.

I hope there is a different animation for carrying dead bodies... lol

Perhaps a more sublte way of carrying a body around than tossing a dead dude over your shoulder?

I don't know.. maybe carrying them Like Ezio carried a few of the people who were alive, as he carried them to destinations, like Rosa?

Atleast then it doesn't look like you've literally got a dead body slung over your shoulder. lol

pacmanate
10-11-2012, 09:45 AM
The animus is a puppetering system, if you don't control the ancestor, he won't do anything.

projectpat06
10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Actually, there is one other thing I'm hoping for, animation wise.

I hope there is a different animation for carrying dead bodies... lol

Perhaps a more sublte way of carrying a body around than tossing a dead dude over your shoulder?

I don't know.. maybe carrying them Like Ezio carried a few of the people who were alive, as he carried them to destinations, like Rosa?

Atleast then it doesn't look like you've literally got a dead body slung over your shoulder. lol

I'm kinda hoping for this too. The whole toss over your shoulder like a rag doll thing always made me laugh a little. I would rather Connor pick the guy up from under his arms and drag his feet across the ground considering the guards probably weigh anywhere from about 180 to 200 pounds. Almost like in Metal Gear Solid 4. It would give more of a challenge to hide a body before spotted since it would be slower than just running over to a hay pile with a guard tossed over shoulder.

pacmanate
10-11-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm kinda hoping for this too. The whole toss over your shoulder like a rag doll thing always made me laugh a little. I would rather Connor pick the guy up from under his arms and drag his feet across the ground considering the guards probably weigh anywhere from about 180 to 200 pounds. Almost like in Metal Gear Solid 4. It would give more of a challenge to hide a body before spotted since it would be slower than just running over to a hay pile with a guard tossed over shoulder.

LOL! Like that apprentice in AC:R that kills the wrong target, and you just see him chuck the dude into the river :P

Rogue Agent 035
10-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Roleplay.

I was trying not to use that word specifically under the assumption that people who are offended by people who like to roleplay would enjoy expressing their hate for this type of play xP (happens everywhere I've been, sadly)

but for my style of roleplay at times, it can be a huge hinderance, and in most cases can just turn me off of the game leaving me bored significantly faster after completion. Which is why I hope/wish for atleast the feature to make a return from AC 1, and allow me to play freely upon completion.

If RPG element is what yer lookin for, may I also suggest the upcoming november release of Hitman Absolution as it will give you the feel an freedom that your lookin for. I pre-ordered it a few months ago, but since cancelled the PO once I found out just how indepth an long AC3 will be (30+ Hours), but do plan on gettin it once this is finished as I too have those elements ever so often.

Eskaminzim
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I cant wait for Absolution! Probably won't be able to get it day one though. Gotta keep my money for AC3 and Halo's limited editions. :(

Eskaminzim
10-11-2012, 03:52 PM
I wish killing a civillian would atleast make guards come around. I don't like that they don't care unless they see it with their own eyes.

You'd imagine atleast soemone would run off and report to the guards.

That's a good idea! Like in RDR if somebody saw you kill anyone they would run off and try to tell the sheriff, or whatever. Then you would have to go chase him down and bribe, or kill him. The only thing was that go a little annoying because if someone saw you kill that witness THEY would go run off to tell, then! But still, I hope they did something like this.

Eskaminzim
10-11-2012, 03:55 PM
LOL! Like that apprentice in AC:R that kills the wrong target, and you just see him chuck the dude into the river :P

LOL! Oh ****! I remember that! I couldn't stop laughing when that happened! Makes me wanna play ACR again, lol. :D

bluetoes1
10-11-2012, 05:47 PM
What sequence was that in? I can't even remember seeing that, unless I forgot about it.