PDA

View Full Version : Hunting In The Frontier.....

Rogue Agent 035
10-11-2012, 02:08 AM
OK..., First off if this question has been asked before (PLEASE Don't Shoot :confused: as I didn't find a thread in my search)....., Anyway, I just watched episode 3 of the IGN making AC3. An while it answered some of the questions I had, it posed a few more as well..., First off, I was wonderin more about the Cougar mannerism within the frontier, will their actions be anything similar to that from RDR cause if they are ( an please...pardon my french) but I'm screwed or is every wild animal that Connor comes in close contact with within the frontier automatically put into QTE. Also, if you are forced into a QTE does that reduce the quality of the pelt/meat/skin which in turn reduces it's value or does that make a difference? Also..., to those who have had the oppurtunity to play with the FT.Wolcott demo..., in reference to the combat, are there still guards with the mannerism of "I'll wait till you decemate my friend, then I'll come at you" or are they constantly attack/interupting you, As I've watched that demo a few times via youtube an there were times that I saw that.

Thanks in advance...

Rogue Agent 035

Free_Hidings
10-11-2012, 03:41 AM
I have heard that the wildlife can be very challenging, and that a player died 10 times (maybe exaggeration) from encounters with I think bears and cougars. Sorry, no time to find the source. I have a feeling though that initially wildlife will be very challenging, but once you get used to the buttons etc it might become too easy. I would hate to be able to walk around killed all the bears that attack me with ease, so I hope I am wrong. I want the wildlife to be extremely lethal!

Not sure about this pelt bussiness, I think I saw in a gameplay demo that someone had to shoot an elk twice and they commented that this reduced the pelts value but I could be mistaken.

I believe the combat is more flowing this time. They have introduced a mechanic where you can block with one hand while still killing another with the other. So this allows you to fight multiple people at once without getting destroyed. I think the combat is still going to be too easy, but it looks to be good fun nonetheless. Oh and from the demo gameplays the guards appear to wait around too much still, but again in the report I mentioned earlier they claimed that guards attack far more frequently, and that Connor takes a whole lot of damage per hit, so maybe it will be a good challenge. Also it has been suggested that the AI was toned down for gameplay demos so people could experience the game more rather than spend half an hour trying to get used to the buttons so they can play without dying.

rileypoole1234
10-11-2012, 03:46 AM
We don't really have full details on hunting yet. We'll know in 19 days

Rogue Agent 035
10-11-2012, 04:08 AM
I have heard that the wildlife can be very challenging, and that a player died 10 times (maybe exaggeration) from encounters with I think bears and cougars. Sorry, no time to find the source. I have a feeling though that initially wildlife will be very challenging, but once you get used to the buttons etc it might become too easy. I would hate to be able to walk around killed all the bears that attack me with ease, so I hope I am wrong. I want the wildlife to be extremely lethal!

Not sure about this pelt bussiness, I think I saw in a gameplay demo that someone had to shoot an elk twice and they commented that this reduced the pelts value but I could be mistaken.

I believe the combat is more flowing this time. They have introduced a mechanic where you can block with one hand while still killing another with the other. So this allows you to fight multiple people at once without getting destroyed. I think the combat is still going to be too easy, but it looks to be good fun nonetheless. Oh and from the demo gameplays the guards appear to wait around too much still, but again in the report I mentioned earlier they claimed that guards attack far more frequently, and that Connor takes a whole lot of damage per hit, so maybe it will be a good challenge. Also it has been suggested that the AI was toned down for gameplay demos so people could experience the game more rather than spend half an hour trying to get used to the buttons so they can play without dying.

Thnx Free..., Yeah, I don't mind the fact that they constantly attack as if you've tried sleeping dogs you get use to the constant attack, what kinda puzzles me is when I saw the actual amount of time given during a block to decide on how to handle the situation kill, disable, etc. an when I attempt my "Ghost Playthrough (prolly 3rd playthrough) I just hope there is that much time fer me to hit the right button.

NewBlade200
10-11-2012, 06:06 AM
In just about 20 days there will be extensive coverage of every detail in AC3. It may take a while to get through it

eagleforlife1
10-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Off topic but I hope we come across Jaguars and Panthers when we are in Mexico.

MadJC1986
10-11-2012, 09:53 AM
As I understood, QTEs are only being started if you get into an open conflict with wild animals. But you can always try to surprise your target.

CalgaryJay
10-11-2012, 02:25 PM
As I understood, QTEs are only being started if you get into an open conflict with wild animals. But you can always try to surprise your target.

That's why I don't get how someone reportedly died 10 times from cougar/bear attacks. Isn't it simply a matter of timing out hitting the button(s) when it tells you to? If someone died that many times trying to do that they must have an appalling reaction time...or its harder than it looks, which I hope. Maybe just screwing up the timing even once & receiving one swat from a bear is enough to kill you? I'm a little concerned its going to be too easy too, that'd suck if you could just mow through bears with ease.

That's really my only complaint/concern with what we've been shown so far though, everything else looks incredible. I know not everyone agrees, but I like how aggressive the animals look, hope its the same (more or less) as RDR in that regard. And if it bugs people, that's what being able to travel through trees is for, right?

...actually with that in mind, I'm interested to see if bears/cougars have the ability to follow you up a tree if you try to get away by climbing. That'd be pretty cool actually.

Rogue Agent 035
10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
That's why I don't get how someone reportedly died 10 times from cougar/bear attacks. Isn't it simply a matter of timing out hitting the button(s) when it tells you to? If someone died that many times trying to do that they must have an appalling reaction time...or its harder than it looks, which I hope. Maybe just screwing up the timing even once & receiving one swat from a bear is enough to kill you? I'm a little concerned its going to be too easy too, that'd suck if you could just mow through bears with ease.

That's really my only complaint/concern with what we've been shown so far though, everything else looks incredible. I know not everyone agrees, but I like how aggressive the animals look, hope its the same (more or less) as RDR in that regard. And if it bugs people, that's what being able to travel through trees is for, right?

...actually with that in mind, I'm interested to see if bears/cougars have the ability to follow you up a tree if you try to get away by climbing. That'd be pretty cool actually.

I agree with that, the only issue I had with the RDR reaction time when they came at you from behind (off-screen), as controller wise I'm multitaskin multiple things with essentially one hand an from the time it took me to move my thumb from the left stick (360 controller) to the right, I was mauled in a matter of seconds. An I'm just hopin that if we are placed in the QTE that the time is at least a 10th of a second more forgiving than RDR, otherwise if they come at you head on, I'm all fer that.