PDA

View Full Version : Still Learning

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 01:56 AM
I'm currently replaying all of the AC games and I'm on AC2 right now. It's my fourth playthrough of the game and I just found out that you can ledge-assassinate and assassinate from a hiding place differently if you hold the high profile button. I've played every AC game more than once and I've watched tons of gameplay videos (just for fun), and in my entire 2+ years of being in love with this series I did not know you could do that. Did anybody else know you could do that? What other things have surprised you guys (and gals) in these games?

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:58 AM
I knew that one...

Hmm...

xXRyzonXx
10-11-2012, 02:19 AM
I found out that if you hold the x/square button, your hidden blade is extended for as long as you want, meaning you instead of just pressing it, and it coming out shortly then retreating, you can have it extend as long as you hold the assassinate button with it equipped.

I found this on my third playthrough of AC2 and it works on all the games. I hope you can do this in AC3...

Calvarok
10-11-2012, 02:28 AM
I learned that in at least Brotherhood and Revelations, if you stand behind a guard, and tap empty hand in lowprofile, Ezio will tap the guards's back and the guard will turn around. I think it is not an intended feature and just an animation glitch for gentle push, but it looks like it was meant to be a thing.

I also learned that blocking makes enemies more open to attack.

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:06 AM
I found out that if you hold the x/square button, your hidden blade is extended for as long as you want, meaning you instead of just pressing it, and it coming out shortly then retreating, you can have it extend as long as you hold the assassinate button with it equipped.

I remember discovering that, that was awesome :D

imonthenet
10-11-2012, 04:16 AM
I remember discovering that, that was awesome :D

Yeah it was, I would sprint along rooftops like that then do a leap of faith and it was soooo cooooooooool!
Whenever I controlled Desmond (in 3rd person) in Revelations I would always do it, but he didn't actually have any hidden blades so it looked weird

I learnt how to Hyper and Superblend in Brotherhood, but I only use that for fun not on any actual missions.

In Revelations I learnt that if you run to the edge of a building holding down the freehand button Ezio will automatically drop to a hanging position. Also if you jump towards something you would normally land on with you feet, if you hold the freehand button, Ezio will drop to a hanging position. I wanted that feature since Brotherhood and it's actually quite helpful when you want to set up ledge assassinations

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 04:24 AM
Also, I didn't know you got to examine the maps you got from the investigation missions in AC1. I thought it was basically just so you could tell the Rafiq you were ready, I didn't know it actually came into gameplay.

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Also, I didn't know you got to examine the maps you got from the investigation missions in AC1. I thought it was basically just so you could tell the Rafiq you were ready, I didn't know it actually came into gameplay.
I didn't realize that until my second playthrough, but that was mainly just because I was a dumb kid at the time haha

Calvarok
10-11-2012, 04:50 AM
It was poorly communicated that you were actually collecting stuff that could help you plan things out.

projectpat06
10-11-2012, 05:39 AM
I didn't know you could break guards' legs in AC1 till I started playing it again when it came with Revelations for free

zhengyingli
10-11-2012, 05:49 AM
I did not know you coul assassinate distracted guards during battle in AC1 until last month. Made the battles less frustrating.

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 06:05 AM
I didn't know you could break guards' legs in AC1 till I started playing it again when it came with Revelations for free
I did that once but I have no idea how. So how did you do it?

LoyalACFan
10-11-2012, 06:11 AM

Yeah, same here. What button do you push?

projectpat06
10-11-2012, 06:14 AM

Ha I can't even remember now. I found it on youtube the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OhWQbREOBU

zhengyingli
10-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Whenever there's a guard taunting/looking around/looking tired, just switch to the hidden blade and aim your attack at the distracted ones.

imonthenet
10-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Ha I can't even remember now. I found it on youtube the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OhWQbREOBU

Sweet man! I know what I'm doing next time I play Assassin's Creed​!

EzioAssassin51
10-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I didn't realize that until my second playthrough, but that was mainly just because I was a dumb kid at the time haha

Wait... you can do that? SOMEONE TELL ME HOW??? :P

(the maps thing)

True_Assassin92
10-11-2012, 09:08 AM
What I didn't understand is when you attacked guards from behind and you break their neck, they'd still roll over the floor like you only knocked them down. I hope they have fixed that :p

imonthenet
10-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Wait... you can do that? SOMEONE TELL ME HOW??? :P

(the maps thing)

After doing a relevant investigation (e.g pickpocket), under the pause menu in 'Memory Log' you can view the mission description for missions you've completed. Once there navigate using L1 and R1 (or equivalent) then press X/A when you find one that says 'Additional Memory' down the bottom. It's been a while so I'm not 100% that's all the correct words but with a bit of common sense you'll find your way there. After finding this out, I realised it was actually relevant stealing a map of the guards locations, not just to fill out the game. It makes everything in Assassin's Creed so much better with this

pacmanate
10-11-2012, 09:37 AM
The thing where you can make Altair vault over stuff in AC1! Made a thread about it a while ago and so many people didn't know you could do it!

Mrnilsman
10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
The thing where you can make Altair vault over stuff in AC1! Made a thread about it a while ago and so many people didn't know you could do it!

How do I do that ??

Kaschra
10-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I replay all the games right now, too, and there are some things I've never noticed before xD

You know, in Forli... there's a sidequest where you have to win a race on a horse, and then you get some… private lessons with that woman called Amalia ;)
And I noticed something: Amalia wears exactly the same clothes Maria Thorpe wears… just without the cape! Oo

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mare5zjGa61rtpg1x.jpg

pacmanate
10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
How do I do that ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBWEud8p9s

Details in the description :D

playassassins1
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Good thing they actually included vaulting in AC III, makes parkour in the game even better

Mrnilsman
10-11-2012, 04:17 PM

thanks but I found that myself after i posted my question ;)

pacmanate
10-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Eh oh well :P

Ielgon
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I knew all of these except "tapping" on a guards back with gentle push (usually the assassination button is pressed at that moment or way before! XD).

Some things of the top of my head not everybody might know/have noticed:
-In AC2 and ACB Ezio's shoulder cape will fold double when you start running in high profile, if you then walk a bit he will pull it back into its normal position.
-In AC2 and ACB you can "drop" your weapons simply by equipping a weapon the moment you bribe a herald. Put the weapon on quickselect and right after you push bribe press the shortcut. Ezio will suddenly have the weapon in his hand and give it to the herald (with the bag) after which it will drop to the ground and be unequipped. You can do this with every weapon except the hidden blades. I think they fixed it in ACR but I'm not sure.
-In AC2 (only tested it there) you can break a spear by blocking with it while a guard with an axe does a heavy attack, afterwards you can pick up either half and use it like a sword. You can also carry it around using the previously mentioned "glitch".
-You can push people off a ledge/into water with gentle push. Normally if you bump into them they will sort of bounce back of the ledge in question or Ezio will bounce of them, but if you slowly walk and gentle push Ezio will put and keep his hand on the person (fun fact: the arm actually moves differently depending on where you are in relation to the person and how you're moving, maybe a very early hint towards the dynamic animations we will soon see in AC3?). If you slowly walk behind someone and past them (NOT towards them) and press gentle push when you're right behind them for less than a second you will gentle push them over the ledge and they will fall. This is completely silent/invisible even if you do it infront of people (not sure about guards), for some reason nobody will notice you just pushed someone off something (they will react to the corpse like normal, but guards won't directly assume it's you).

Eskaminzim
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I replay all the games right now, too, and there are some things I've never noticed before xD

You know, in Forli... there's a sidequest where you have to win a race on a horse, and then you get some… private lessons with that woman called Amalia ;)
And I noticed something: Amalia wears exactly the same clothes Maria Thorpe wears… just without the cape! Oo

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mare5zjGa61rtpg1x.jpg

How the hell did I miss this?! lol! Thanks for posting it. :)

JumpInTheFire13
10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
One thing that I do all the time is pickpocket a herald immediately after I bribe him