PDA

View Full Version : A note about Lucy [Spoilers]

thejoshknight
10-11-2012, 01:15 AM
While I find it more likely that we will just get spoken resolution and explanation about Lucy's death, you can't say that she WON'T be coming back.

Let's be honest here. While I played AC1, AC2, and Brotherhood, I never once thought that Lucy would be killed. I also never thought she would be a Templar Triple Agent. Logically, I had no reason to believe that.

Yes, after the fact and the retcon of certain events, it makes sense. But why would you think that the escape in AC1 was a Templar plan? Why would you think the Assassin Mentor was actually Vidic emailing Lucy? What pointed to her death at all? Nothing. I sure didn't think anything other than the last minute of the game pointed to her death.

What's the point of the above? Ubisoft does things that make no sense. So if you consider all of the stuff that's really doesn't make sense about Lucy's story, why is it a stretch to think that she would fake her death? Nothing points to it, but nothing pointed to anything else either. Why can't she be a quadruple agent? I didn't understand why they made her a triple agent, so why not go further?

I doubt Kristen Bell knows, as in a interview this year, after the templar traitor dlc, she said she didn't know if there was any AC in her future. Not yes, but not no. I don't believe that they will bring her back, but honestly, looking at the series as a whole, it wouldn't suprise me if they did.

So, to those who attack the people who say she will be brought back, this is for you. You are right, it wouldn't make sense. But logically, you can't dismiss it.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Attack and retcon...

None of those have happened..

and She is DEAD... Shaun attended her Funeral, told William and Rebecca about it..so from WHOM would she hide her status ?? Templars ? William would`v known..

CrazySN
10-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Attack and retcon...

and She is DEAD... Shaun attended her Funeral, told William and Rebecca about it..so from WHOM would she hide her status ?? Templars ? William would`v known..

It's plausible she could be alive. Shaun could be another secret Templar agent, and he could've lied about attending Lucy's funeral. That and the Pieces Of Eden are practically a deus ex machina, and Ubisoft could have it revive Lucy if they wanted it to.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:39 AM
It's plausible she could be alive. Shaun could be another secret Templar agent, and he could've lied about attending Lucy's funeral. That and the Pieces Of Eden are practically a deus ex machina, and Ubisoft could have it revive Lucy if they wanted it to.
The Pieces cannot revive Someone, that is confirmed..

And, another Mole ? That would be just stupid writing, so first its Jamal, Harash, Daniel, Lucy AND Shaun ? Would they really make the Assassins This stupid ?? Really ? No..

She`s dead, alright ? We`re not gonna be seeing her again

DeSabellis
10-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Actually, it does make sense. Knowing she was a fake puts AC1 into complete perpective. She told Desmond that she did not know if his father survived an attack on the compound they lived in. She knew he did, but she never told him. Why were none of the guards ever armed? How was she a 'captive' of Abstergo (which she stated in a conversation after she said agents broke into her apartment to kill her) but was able to access the security cameras to loop old footage?

The only wild card plot hole I can find in the whole story is the fact that she did not have the password to the elevator in Abstergo when her and Desmond were escaping. Then again, this was probably a lie as well, because how on Earth did she not have the password if it was the only way to get to her car?

Stories are not easy to craft. Just remember that. That's why we comment on the games as opposed to making them.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Actually, it does make sense. Knowing she was a fake puts AC1 into complete perpective. She told Desmond that she did not know if his father survived an attack on the compound they lived in. She knew he did, but she never told him. Why were none of the guards ever armed? How was she a 'captive' of Abstergo (which she stated in a conversation after she said agents broke into her apartment to kill her) but was able to access the security cameras to loop old footage?

The only wild card plot hole I can find in the whole story is the fact that she did not have the password to the elevator in Abstergo when her and Desmond were escaping. Then again, this was probably a lie as well, because how on Earth did she not have the password if it was the only way to get to her car?

Stories are not easy to craft. Just remember that. That's why we comment on the games as opposed to making them.
Indeed..

You just need to look closer into the details and it`ll all make sense..

infamous_ezio
10-11-2012, 01:42 AM
alex confirmed she was dead. She's dead.

Vman13x
10-11-2012, 01:45 AM
What purpose would bringing Lucy back even serve? She died for a reason, and I doubt she will be back.
She was a captive in the sense that she couldn't quit her job, so she had to stay there. Her having access to the cameras doesn't mean she wasn't a captive.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:47 AM
What purpose would bringing Lucy back even serve? She died for a reason, and I doubt she will be back.
She was a captive in the sense that she couldn't quit her job, so she had to stay there. Her having access to the cameras doesn't mean she wasn't a captive.
Yes It does...

I mean, did you see the guards that saw Lucy in the Hall way during the escape ? "HEY !! YOU`RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OUT HERE" Which means that Lucy, as she told Desmond, was indeed very limited to where she could go..

CrazySN
10-11-2012, 01:48 AM
The Pieces cannot revive Someone, that is confirmed..

And, another Mole ? That would be just stupid writing, so first its Jamal, Harash, Daniel, Lucy AND Shaun ? Would they really make the Assassins This stupid ?? Really ? No..

She`s dead, alright ? We`re not gonna be seeing her again

It doesn't have to be the Pieces of Eden specifically. Ubisoft can create any item related to the Ones That Came Before and use it to change the story however they want. Like for example, in order to tell Atair's story in Revelations, they just made it so that the seals to the Masyaf library could somehow record some of Altair's memories. Theoretically, Ubisoft can do the same for Lucy, and just make another item related to the Ones That Came Before, and have it revive her.

infamous_ezio
10-11-2012, 01:49 AM
yes but reviving someone like that is just stupid. accpet it, she's dead.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 01:50 AM
It doesn't have to be the Pieces of Eden specifically. Ubisoft can create any item related to the Ones That Came Before and use it to change the story however they want. Like for example, in order to tell Atair's story in Revelations, they just made it so that the seals to the Masyaf library could somehow record some of Altair's memories. Theoretically, Ubisoft can do the same for Lucy, and just make another item related to the Ones That Came Before, and have it revive her.
Juno admitted that they cannot revive the dead...

Hell, they would`v used it to revive themselves don't you think ?..

tre289
10-11-2012, 01:54 AM

To stop any arguement that may come against these points, I'll say this...

Perhaps in escaping they were not prepared, hence not being armed... But lets be honest here... Escaping a facility used to house the Templar's, their experiments, technology.. everything.. One would seriously assume it would be alot harder to esacpe, regardless of whether or not you had an inside man.

Secondly... The actual PLANNED raid at the end of ACII where they seemingly had intentions of taking back Desmond... A little under equipped, No?

After knowing the information, everything begins to seem staged. It isn't too complicated to understand why, gaining someone's trust to get information is alot easier and productive than forcing it out of them.

MRsmith1994
10-11-2012, 02:10 AM
you see the escape was abstergo plan to earn desmond trust and what's so ever hoping that we would help lucy get to the pieces for he has the vision so abstergo can get them ._.

MRsmith1994
10-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Juno admitted that they cannot revive the dead...

Hell, they would`v used it to revive themselves don't you think ?..

and a good point there good sir

Vman13x
10-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Yes It does...

I mean, did you see the guards that saw Lucy in the Hall way during the escape ? "HEY !! YOU`RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OUT HERE" Which means that Lucy, as she told Desmond, was indeed very limited to where she could go..

Which proves my point…I said she was a captive, but she still had rights pertaining to her job.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Which proves my point…I said she was a captive, but she still had rights pertaining to her job.
No, You do not understand...

I meant that the Image Lucy portrayed to Desmond was that she was not allowed to go anywhere, as the Guards told her that she was not supposed to be here once they saw her just in the hall way.. Im talking about the fake Lucy, the Image she gave Desmond about her life..How can the guards tell her that she`s not supposed to be in the hall way and at the same time, she has access to the Security Cameras.. Didn't these Cameras see her too ? Snooping around ?

thejoshknight
10-11-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm not saying Lucy is alive. What I am saying is that it is entirely possible. Think about all the crazy plot devices that are already being used here.

16 putting himself into the Animus, saying it's possible he can "share" desmond's body until he finds his own, all these artifacts running around, an ancient space race who seem to be able to do pretty much anything, and you've got a lot of stuff that you can pretty much do whatever you want with. This story is pure Deus Ex. That's not a knock, I love the plot. It has went in a really odd direction though, so like I said, nothing would suprise me. It would be very easy to write 16, Lucy, or any other dead character back in really.

Plus, it doesn't make sense to make her an evil traitor if you aren't going to do anything with that device. Why bother making the player hate her if that's all your going to leave it at? I would think you would use that to advance the plot in some way, which hasn't happened as of yet. If the story is left as it is now, it's just a stupid writing decision. You don't spend 3 games building up a main character to have her die in a minute and then only mention her again in a minor dlc. It would be the same if they killed Shaun or Rebecca or Miles. I would expect more resolution or background info.

I guess we'll all find out on the 30th.

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 02:44 AM
I guess we'll all find out on the 30th.
I was preparing a rant until I saw this..

So, Yeah.. We`ll see on the 30th

BUT THEY`RE NOT A SPACE RACE !!

thejoshknight
10-11-2012, 02:55 AM
I was preparing a rant until I saw this..

So, Yeah.. We`ll see on the 30th

BUT THEY`RE NOT A SPACE RACE !!

Ahh yes, they were actually native.

Not sure why though. They clearly fit the description of the "Ancient Aliens" type of thing. I think it makes more sense than just evolution doing it, because scientifically it's really not possible for them to have evolved like that. That's a minor gripe though.

When the game comes out we'll probably find out that the whole series was just a dream anyway. Oh how I would enjoy the tears.

ApexMandalorian
10-11-2012, 04:05 AM
So my question is this: Was it planned back in AC1 for Lucy to be a secret Templar?

Assassin_M
10-11-2012, 04:06 AM
So my question is this: Was it planned back in AC1 for Lucy to be a secret Templar?
Maybe, Maybe not...

We have confirmation that it was AT LEAST planned since AC II

infamous_ezio
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
After hearing that audio file of clay saying "lucy might live", i'm a little skeptical about believing them that her death was planned. Why would they plan it, then make the audio saying that she might still live... seems kind of fishy to me

kuled2012
10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
alex confirmed she was dead. She's dead.

Could have ended the thread here.

infamous_ezio
10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Could have ended the thread here.

haha, unfortunately people like to carry on with illogical arguments...

SteelCity999
10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
After hearing that audio file of clay saying "lucy might live", i'm a little skeptical about believing them that her death was planned. Why would they plan it, then make the audio saying that she might still live... seems kind of fishy to me

They might have had Clay's voice actor record his lines before they had finalized the plot and then forgot to take it out. Lucy being a Templar might not have originally been planned to be revealed at that moment originally but was moved up for some reason due to AC3's narrative (remember, they were working on AC3 at the time). Or, Ubi is just teasing us on purpose and creating some forum fodder for their own entertainment.

RzaRecta357
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Still.... You can tell now with the whole ending of Brotherhood that they were already starting on AC3.

Juno mentions a SHE that lies not within her sight.

I wonder who she will be.

infamous_ezio
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
They might have had Clay's voice actor record his lines before they had finalized the plot and then forgot to take it out. Lucy being a Templar might not have originally been planned to be revealed at that moment originally but was moved up for some reason due to AC3's narrative (remember, they were working on AC3 at the time). Or, Ubi is just teasing us on purpose and creating some forum fodder for their own entertainment.

Perhaps, were those audio files placed in the game? because TLA audio was leaked at the start of the year :\. Well from what i remember, jeff yohalem said that desmond was originally suppose to be viewing clays memories instead of the whole desmond's journey, i imagine the dialogue between clay and desmond would have been alot different if this had of been the case. Maybe that's where that dialogue came from

ACfan443
10-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Lucy is obviously dead, and I believe that. But just for discussion's sake, here's an argument against that:
Cast your minds back to AC1, Al Mualim 'stabbed' Altair, but it was actually an illusion cast by the Apple.
What's to say Lucy's death wasn't an illusion? After all Desmond was in possession of the Apple at the time.

ApexMandalorian
10-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Lucy is obviously dead, and I believe that. But just for discussion's sake, here's an argument against that:
Cast your minds back to AC1, Al Mualim 'stabbed' Altair, but it was actually an illusion cast by the Apple.
What's to say Lucy's death wasn't an illusion? After all Desmond was in possession of the Apple at the time.

Except for the fact that Shaun talks about going to her funeral.

ACfan443
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Except for the fact that Shaun talks about going to her funeral.

It could've been anyone in that coffin...;)

berserker134
10-11-2012, 03:42 PM
While I find it more likely that we will just get spoken resolution and explanation about Lucy's death, you can't say that she WON'T be coming back.

Let's be honest here. While I played AC1, AC2, and Brotherhood, I never once thought that Lucy would be killed. I also never thought she would be a Templar Triple Agent. Logically, I had no reason to believe that.

Yes, after the fact and the retcon of certain events, it makes sense. But why would you think that the escape in AC1 was a Templar plan? Why would you think the Assassin Mentor was actually Vidic emailing Lucy? What pointed to her death at all? Nothing. I sure didn't think anything other than the last minute of the game pointed to her death.

What's the point of the above? Ubisoft does things that make no sense. So if you consider all of the stuff that's really doesn't make sense about Lucy's story, why is it a stretch to think that she would fake her death? Nothing points to it, but nothing pointed to anything else either. Why can't she be a quadruple agent? I didn't understand why they made her a triple agent, so why not go further?

I doubt Kristen Bell knows, as in a interview this year, after the templar traitor dlc, she said she didn't know if there was any AC in her future. Not yes, but not no. I don't believe that they will bring her back, but honestly, looking at the series as a whole, it wouldn't suprise me if they did.

So, to those who attack the people who say she will be brought back, this is for you. You are right, it wouldn't make sense. But logically, you can't dismiss it.

WROOOONNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! correction #1 she was a double or sleeper agent. #2 its not complicated at all man if yhuu played the los archives yhuu wil understand the Lucy thing completeley
she was a sleeper agent for abstergo while in the assassin brotherhood seee how easy it is to acknowlede dat???

ACfan443
10-11-2012, 04:16 PM
WROOOONNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! correction #1 she was a double or sleeper agent. #2 its not complicated at all man if yhuu played the los archives yhuu wil understand the Lucy thing completeley
she was a sleeper agent for abstergo while in the assassin brotherhood seee how easy it is to acknowlede dat???

How hard iz it for yhuu two acknowlede dat wryting lykk dis iz annoying?? C'mon it really can't be that hard to use real words.

DinoSteve1
10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Its not impossible for her to be alive, but I'd say she's dead, plus AC3 is not listed on Kristen Bell's wiki profile.

I'll miss her though, she's my favorite character.

I hate when people answer a post like that.

thejoshknight
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM

A sleeper agent would mean she had no idea what she was doing. I think it was made pretty clear she joined the Templars out of her own free will. Unless that letter to Clay was a fake, it would seem that she didn't want the Assassins to find out, which would mean she knew what she was doing was against them.

So Triple Agent should be right. Work for Assasins = Agent. Work for Assasins, pretend to work for Templars = Double Agent. Work for Assasins, pretend to work for Templars, turns out you actually work for Templars and are lying to the Assasins = Triple Agent.

I would hope we get a flashback or something, or at least clarification on the whole situation. As it is now it's very poorly fleshed out.

FrankieSatt
10-11-2012, 09:12 PM
For Lucy to be back they would have to bring back Kristen Bell to do the voice. Since Kristen Bell isn't coming back to do the voice, Lucy isn't coming back. My only hope is that they explain what happened to Lucy other than just Desmond stabbing her. Why did he do it? Did the apple make him do it? Since I don't play those stupid PSP games the last thing I saw was Desmond stabbing her and then in Revelations Shaun talking about attending her funeral. Other than that I know NOTHING about how and why Lucy died.

That needs to be explained in the game, not some stupid PSP game that not everyone plays.

SteelCity999
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
For Lucy to be back they would have to bring back Kristen Bell to do the voice. Since Kristen Bell isn't coming back to do the voice, Lucy isn't coming back. My only hope is that they explain what happened to Lucy other than just Desmond stabbing her. Why did he do it? Did the apple make him do it? Since I don't play those stupid PSP games the last thing I saw was Desmond stabbing her and then in Revelations Shaun talking about attending her funeral. Other than that I know NOTHING about how and why Lucy died.

That needs to be explained in the game, not some stupid PSP game that not everyone plays.

I think in the Q&A at the EB Games Expo, one of the devs said that Lucy's story will get brought up some in AC3 but he didn't elaborate as to how much.

Will_Lucky
10-11-2012, 10:16 PM

What does a PSP game have to do with it? The only one is Bloodlines and that was only Altair. Lost Legacy explained in quite a bit of detail the background of Lucy.

DeSabellis
10-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Alex Hutchinson said she wasn't coming back in the 'flesh', but she would be mentioned. She was stabbed fatally. She's done. It's that simple- that's not to say that she wont be mentioned a lot.

ApexMandalorian
10-12-2012, 01:33 AM
It could've been anyone in that coffin...;)

Except for the fact that at a lot of funerals in the US (can't speak for other countries), you can view the body before the casket is closed.

thejoshknight
10-12-2012, 04:13 AM
I'm still of the "wait and see" opinion with all the characters. Obviously they can't let major story details slip, so who knows. It' be to easy to do literally anything with any character.

I'm not even really sure if Desmond's story is going to end, as in July I saw where Alex Hutchinson said his story has to end "at some point." Seems odd not to say he'll be finished in 3 if you already know he will be. I think the series actually should end when the finish with Desmond though. I've always considered AC as Desmond's story, not any of the past assasins we play. To me they are nothing more than side stories that move the present day main story along. So when he finishes, I see no reason to continue the series.

Assassin_M
10-12-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm still of the "wait and see" opinion with all the characters. Obviously they can't let major story details slip, so who knows. It' be to easy to do literally anything with any character.

I'm not even really sure if Desmond's story is going to end, as in July I saw where Alex Hutchinson said his story has to end "at some point." Seems odd not to say he'll be finished in 3 if you already know he will be. I think the series actually should end when the finish with Desmond though. I've always considered AC as Desmond's story, not any of the past assasins we play. To me they are nothing more than side stories that move the present day main story along. So when he finishes, I see no reason to continue the series.
That is just.....Ugh, lets just say I FURIOUSLY disagree with you regarding ending the series..

thejoshknight
10-12-2012, 06:45 AM
That is just.....Ugh, lets just say I FURIOUSLY disagree with you regarding ending the series..

Think about it, what could they do? Presumably, Desmond is going to stop the Solar flare. Wouldn't be much of a series if at the end the world is destroyed.

Let's say Desmond doesn't stop the Templars, just the end of the world, and he dies. I suppose you could make a entirely new character and have him/her fight the templars, but I just don't see the need. It's been FIVE games. Not short games by any means, but pretty darn long ones. The story has run it's course no?

I would be fine if Desmond lived and they made another game featuring him(an AC4 if you will), as I think the story needs to be finished in more than one game anyway. But when the finish this story, I think the series should end.

Iamsosobad
10-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Honestly I just don't get what the point of Lucy's character was. I get that they had to have someone on Desmond's side in AC1, and to get him out of there, but then why did they bother further developing her character if they were just gonna kill her off and tell everyone that she was secretly a Templar the whole time? She should've stayed alive, and not been a Templar...killing her off made it feel like the entire character was totally pointless.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Honestly I just don't get what the point of Lucy's character was. I get that they had to have someone on Desmond's side in AC1, and to get him out of there, but then why did they bother further developing her character if they were just gonna kill her off and tell everyone that she was secretly a Templar the whole time? She should've stayed alive, and not been a Templar...killing her off made it feel like the entire character was totally pointless.
Since when does killing a character make him/her pointless ?

Al-Mualim. Was he pointless too ?

Layytez
10-13-2012, 12:28 AM
I have no problem with her being a Templar. I just don't like how you had to pay extra to find out.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 12:29 AM
I have no problem with her being a Templar. I just don't like how you had to pay extra to find out.
This..only thing that bugs me..

Toa TAK
10-13-2012, 01:50 AM
This..only thing that bugs me..

That and it was pretty anti-climatic.

naran6142
10-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I didnt much see the point in lucy being a templar either... personally i thought it was a bad idea

but i accepted it

thejoshknight
10-13-2012, 03:51 AM

I agree. I wouldn't care if they did what they did if it had a point.

But as of yet, they haven't used her betrayal to advance the plot. Just threw it in there, I guess for "shock value." I view it as nothing more than a waste of 3 games.

It's like if you took Altair through his normal progression in AC1, and then made him a closet-templar in the last 5 seconds. And then you never mentioned him again. You would expect the fact that he was a templar to drastically affect the story right?

tre289
10-13-2012, 04:24 AM
I agree. I wouldn't care if they did what they did if it had a point.

But as of yet, they haven't used her betrayal to advance the plot. Just threw it in there, I guess for "shock value." I view it as nothing more than a waste of 3 games.

It's like if you took Altair through his normal progression in AC1, and then made him a closet-templar in the last 5 seconds. And then you never mentioned him again. You would expect the fact that he was a templar to drastically affect the story right?

Perhaps it's because Altair, was actually important to the plot, and is essentially the ancestor that had set everything in motion. Where everything began for Desmond. There aren't many others Desmond can be traced to in that way. Altair changing his allegiance to a Templar would have had far more reaching effects in history that that of Lucy's switch.

Lucy is just a templar a pawn among many. They can further their goals with or without her.

Lucy being a templar doesn't need to drive the plot further, because She's dead. She's dead, but there are still many other templars Lucy's only importance to the plot was to gain Desmond's trust in order to continue to extract useful information out of him for Abstergo. With her dead, the plot can move in its own way without her.

Calvarok
10-13-2012, 04:50 AM
The details of the story were not fully fleshed out in AC1, so lucy being a traitor had not been decided. From AC2 onwards, it WAS decided and subtle clues WERE put in the game. For one thing, the amount of Abstergo resistance that Desmond encountered in AC2 was ridiculously minimal. Secondly, in Brotherhood the emails actually did contain a VERY subtle clue as to what was going on: the real william mentions his location, while the fake one mentions when he needs to go to lunch. Looking at the time-stamps, it's obvious that fake william is not in the same time one as real william.

Also, Lucy appeared melancholy and distant for much of Brotherhood.

Thirdly, Lucy is meant to demonstrate for the purposes of the story that even a kind and loving person who genuinely cares about other people can be a Templar, and that sometimes the Assassins ask too much of people and they snap. It's meant to show how truly grey this war is.

Ubisoft does not do anything for no reason, and Lucy is confirmed dead and her burial was overseen by Shaun.

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 05:14 AM
I hate to beat a dead horse, sorry for the disturbing saying, but wouldn't of Carl have told Desmond if Shaun was a Templar? He did have full access to Lucy's logs and emails.

GreatBeyonder
10-13-2012, 05:58 AM
If I have one sincere hope about this game, its that Lucy is still a relevant character despite her death. Becaise killing her and a quick handwave via DLC will not make people forget her.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 06:00 AM
I hate to beat a dead horse, sorry for the disturbing saying, but wouldn't of Carl have told Desmond if Shaun was a Templar? He did have full access to Lucy's logs and emails.
Who the hell is Carl ?0_o

GreatBeyonder
10-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Who the hell is Carl ?0_o

I believe he means Clay.

Assassin_M
10-13-2012, 06:10 AM
I believe he means Clay.
What if he does not ? Maybe there is a Carl ? Maybe he`s Desmond`s wife ? Or Shaun`s Husband ? Carl ? Carl, come here

tre289
10-13-2012, 06:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUPCB9533Y

If he indeed meant Carl, we have a problem.

FinalJ1
10-13-2012, 06:23 AM
I was meaning clay sorry, lack of attention due to MLB 12.

DinoSteve1
10-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Anyone know if the devs said there will be anything about lucy in AC3

MT4K
10-16-2012, 10:43 PM

Lucy will be touched upon in AC3.

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Great I would love to see the twist on this.

tre289
10-16-2012, 11:41 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/6f2p7d.png

Couldn't resist

FinalJ1
10-16-2012, 11:55 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/6f2p7d.png

Couldn't resist

I thought the say thing, but left it be. I wonder watch part we will touch upon.

MRNMRSPACER
10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
they said she will be mentioned alongside subject 16

tre289
10-17-2012, 12:19 AM
I thought the say thing, but left it be. I wonder watch part we will touch upon.

Probably actual proof that she was a templar will surface, Unless the others alongside Desmond are already aware of it by the time AC III picks up.

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Well it would be nice if they even had a discussion about her duplicity.

xXRyzonXx
10-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Am I the only one who can't figure out if i dislike Lucy for being with the templars or if I like her?

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 01:01 AM
na I still like lucy.

She looks like Kristen Bell

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 01:18 AM
I like her because I felt the way the dialog was placed out, she was neither Templar nor Assassin. In the end I think her feelings for Desmond was above both factions.

Umbra_Blade
10-17-2012, 01:32 AM
I liked her, she joined the templars because she thought their path to peace was the better of the two, and lead to fewer deaths. So she joined the Templars for the right reasons in my opinion, as she didn't do it for power or personal gain (that we know of), and she would always try to protect the lives of those whom her faction considered enemies (Clay and Desmond for example).

Plus, she resented the Assassins as she felt they had abandoned her to the Templars, which would make anyone feel negatively towards a faction.

thejoshknight
10-17-2012, 01:38 AM
I can't make a judgement until they finish her story. They can still make her good or bad in the end. Or alive. Please alive. I'm BEGGING YOU!! HOW COULD YOU KILL LUCY!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY LOVED HER!!!!!!!!!!

*Sob* *Sob* *Goes and loves AC3 either way*

;)

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 01:55 AM
I liked her, she joined the templars because she thought their path to peace was the better of the two, and lead to fewer deaths. So she joined the Templars for the right reasons in my opinion, as she didn't do it for power or personal gain (that we know of), and she would always try to protect the lives of those whom her faction considered enemies (Clay and Desmond for example).

Plus, she resented the Assassins as she felt they had abandoned her to the Templars, which would make anyone feel negatively towards a faction.

You caught my feelings and thoughts perfectly.

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 02:02 AM
was she abandoned, or did she simply not understand the concept of deep cover?

Evenesque
10-17-2012, 02:08 AM
What if they use the Lazarus pits to bring her back O.o

DinoSteve1
10-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Because that works out so well for Ra's

Umbra_Blade
10-17-2012, 02:19 AM
was she abandoned, or did she simply not understand the concept of deep cover?

Like I said, she 'felt' like they had abandoned her. They cut all ties with her at seventeen, and basically left her to fend for herself. Her mentors told her to leave a course at a university, which she enjoyed, because they thought it was a pseudo-science. She couldn't find work until Warren Vidic offered her a place at Abstergo.

That would probably make most people feel distrust and resentment towards the order that didn't support them when they were a teenager. While creating faith and agreement with a company that picked them up, and valued them highly both as a person, and as an employee.

Not many teenagers are able to deal with going 'deep undercover', Lucy was no exception.

FinalJ1
10-17-2012, 03:02 AM
Like I said, she 'felt' like they had abandoned her. They cut all ties with her at seventeen, and basically left her to fend for herself. Her mentors told her to leave a course at a university, which she enjoyed, because they thought it was a pseudo-science. She couldn't find work until Warren Vidic offered her a place at Abstergo.

That would probably make most people feel distrust and resentment towards the order that didn't support them when they were a teenager. While creating faith and agreement with a company that picked them up, and valued them highly both as a person, and as an employee.

Not many teenagers are able to deal with going 'deep undercover', Lucy was no exception.

Amen. For those who obsess on their enemies are most likly to become them. This is a point that is hinted at through the entire story.

DinoSteve1
10-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm replaying all the Assassin's Creed games at the minute and I can't help but analyze everything Lucy says now.

ApexMandalorian
10-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Probably actual proof that she was a templar will surface, Unless the others alongside Desmond are already aware of it by the time AC III picks up.

It will be touched upon because I'm sure everyone (Shaun, Rebecca, Desmond) isn't clear on why she had to die.

AssassinGame1
10-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Attack and retcon...

Im going with this.
He is correct

DinoSteve1
10-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Was it ever stated where Lucy went that time in brotherhood?

Krayus Korianis
10-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Was it ever stated where Lucy went that time in brotherhood?
No it was never stated.

In the Lost Archive DLC for AC:R, we find that Lucy was actually working WITH Warren Vidic against the Assassins.

DinoSteve1
10-20-2012, 09:43 PM
I know that, I just was wondering where she went that time. Like did she go meet Vidic or her Templer contacts.

Krayus Korianis
10-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I know that, I just was wondering where she went that time. Like did she go meet Vidic or her Templer contacts.
I stated it hasn't been told... I doubt it will ever be told.

The rest was for everyone else...

B_Crispino
10-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Just a question... if Lucy was a templar, how did shaun went to her funeral? i mean... there would be... templars there... right?

Krayus Korianis
10-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Just a question... if Lucy was a templar, how did shaun went to her funeral? i mean... there would be... templars there... right?
Why would there be? They were using Lucy. Also, her body was taken by the Assassins right after her death... If you were them, would you have a public announcement that someone of your order died?

B_Crispino
10-21-2012, 03:02 AM
yeah, good point...