PDA

View Full Version : Updating Drivers for X45

LC34
10-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Have an old X45 running on Windows 7 64 bit. My joystick works fine in game but cannot install the software that comes with the joystick for profiles etc. Is this a driver issue?

Tully__
10-11-2012, 06:39 AM
You might want to ask at the saitek forums as well: http://www.saitekforum.com/index.php
There aren't that many still using the X45 so it might be that no-one here can answer with any certainty. I would suspect that the installer for the profiler software for that came with the X45 was designed for Win98 / WinXP and the Win7 security is preventing installation. You could try navigating the CD ROM, right clicking the install package and selecting "Run As Administrator" but I can't guarantee that will work.
I had a look but couldn't find an updated driver/profiler package for the X-45 on Saitek's support pages. I'm guessing they've dropped software support for it since it's been off the product list for so long.

LC34
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks Tully, I figured it was also an issue with Windows 7 as I had problems installing the game as well on this system. Im still stuck in the stone age with the X45 and Pacific Fighters. Currently looking for a place to download 1946 at.

LC34
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Which brings me to one more question, if I download the full game of 1946, will I run into troubles with Windows 7 installing it? With the physical disk I know I could just go into the disk itself and run it that way. But with the download, if I install it away from the program file will I be ok?

Tully__
10-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Should be, download versions shouldn't have the securom issues that some of the disk editions had. I've no personal experience with the download versions though.

LC34
10-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks once again Tully, its about time I upgrade to the newest version of IL2.